Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan (32072 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Agrees To Meet Boko Haram Leader One-on-one / President Jonathan Agrees To Fire Stella Oduah And Recover The N255m - / Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 20, 2012
Reference:

Yes and you have never had a change of mind and direction before. Even God Almighty has changed his mind several times and reversed his actions. And that my friend is a key part of leadership.
thanks man
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by lastpage: 12:20am On Sep 20, 2012
I dont understand, how low can intelligence get, in governing this country?

*Sanusi is the CBN governor..........yet he recommended this #5,000 note. CBN even said it is not compulsory for "poor people"?

*The President was "alive and hearing" when all these was happening, ....he kept mewt.

*Six months after, he comes out and "appeals to sentiments....as a "listening democrat"......something a ten year old would have dispatched and buried the moment that cow called Sanusi, mentioned it.

So, for the President to "win accolades and be praised by dead-beats like himself", he has to allow the country and people to "over-heat" on SIMPLE MATTERS?

Is this how silly governing this nation has become?

Democrat my back side!

I just dont know why we are blessed with these types of "decision makers"!
The current government is always worse than the last one we thought was the worst!

(shakes head and chills off)

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by akin23(m): 12:21am On Sep 20, 2012
WETIN U NA EXPECT FROM A WEAKLIN. A GOOD LEADER MUST 1 THINK ND CONSULT WIDE BEFORE TAKING DECISION
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by jhydebaba(m): 12:22am On Sep 20, 2012
Ozedy: the wast set of human being to govern is African and Nigerian in particular. Imagin, the man proposed what he felt will be good, only to find out that the people did not want it, hence the withdrawal. What has he done wrong? Did you know how many policies proposed by Obama but stopped by the masses tru d senate? If d man did not reverse it u will open you mouth and talk, now he did d same talk. The way i am seeing the whole thing is like the problem of nigerian is not just the leaders, is even the masses. Because you gain access to a forum like this it became medium thru were u insults ur democratically elected president. You people don't know what you want. I personally said the introduction of the proposed 5000 is uncalled for, since he realised and withdrew it, to me is best for our democracy. Let stop heaty up the polity. It will not do us any good Black man ok.
With all the arguments for the introduction of 5000 naira note, I see no reason why it should be reverted since it is in the interest of the general public.
Mind you, do you think it is easy to be the president of 160million people? If just 0.1 percent disagree with u, grab ur calculator man. A lot of people are going to disagree with ur policies (opposition inclusive) just to frustrate ur government

Now, if u are made president and the people keep rejecting ur proposed policies (policies you believed are in the interest of the masses) and you keep reverting, tell what u are going to achieve in 8years?
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Ogosoga: 12:35am On Sep 20, 2012
GEJ YOU ARE THE BEST PRESIDENT THAT THIS COUNTRY HAVE EVER PRODUCE, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME
ANY PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA WILL CONSIDER THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE AND REVERSE ITS DECISION.
ALL THE HATERS OF GEJ WILL REMAIN ENEMY AND BACK BITERS THAT WILL NEVER COME FORWARD BUT
WILL ALWAYS BE AT THE BACK WHILE GEJ WILL BE IN FRONT MOVING FORWARD EVERYDAY.

GEJ MADE ME TO BELIEVE THAT THEIR IS STILL HOPE FOR THIS NATION
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 20, 2012
Pple Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊Ŧ cannot tell their age mate to sit down aя̩̥̊ε talking too...
Pple Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊Ŧ can't contest for election in a classroom ® also talking...mtcheww..
Pple Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊Ŧ still eat "mommy thank Ɣ☺Ů" aя̩̥̊ε talking..mtcheww.. All insulting some1 leading 150million pple. Na wa ☺! I still wonder how Moses survived with the Israelitez.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by InvertedHammer: 12:49am On Sep 20, 2012
Mileage: 83k +

5 speed manual Sport
Serviced at Mercedes dealership all through.No warning light(s)

Price: N1.55m

Destination: En route to Lagos

Reason for selling: Changed my mind about relocating to Nigeria after all. It is supposed to be for personal use.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by InvertedHammer: 12:58am On Sep 20, 2012
MORE PIX

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by talkingfingers: 1:09am On Sep 20, 2012
If the people have to hold the president to ransom before the right decisions are made, isn't he just an utter waste of time? It beats me how this latest policy reversal has won him any admirers. Can't wait for him to ban NL so we can all rave and rant and make him un-ban it, thereby improving his 'listening skills'. Like he needs anybody pointing out to him how stupid that would be.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by chris51(f): 1:11am On Sep 20, 2012
The saying is "look before you lip". Our President should carry out consultations before endorcing proposals by Ministers & political appointees.

In Western world, people don't carry coins about. Their society is almost cashless. You use credit/debit cards to pay for goods, fuel etc. People also make payments online.

Sanusi's policy is not in favour of the masses. Critically looking at the proposed N5000 note, I believe it was meant for politicians & their ghana must go syndrome

Sanusi is too full of himself & should be called to order. His policies have ruined the banking industry.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by iykak47: 1:22am On Sep 20, 2012
I do not think this story is true, if you doubt log in to vanguard website.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by onomeasike: 1:22am On Sep 20, 2012
to know if jonathan actually deserves a credit for the stopage of the production of #5000,read https://www.nairaland.com/1053085/should-take-credit-stopping-obnoxious
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by onatisi(m): 2:26am On Sep 20, 2012
Scarpon:
a good leader listen to his followers.
my brother you re wrong there
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by jeffoski(m): 2:27am On Sep 20, 2012
Na wa o. GEJ supported a policy that he think will benefit the nation and the people refuse so he decide to change it and some of you are complaining and abusing him ba?I no blame una during Abacha time when democracy no dey shei una for get choice at all.Abi during OBJ time during democracy una for fit talk. Let us thank God that he actually listen to the people and not find a way to manipulate us or force us to accept the policy.

I still have a doubt cos him might just support sanusi again and come 1st of October or 1st of January the 5k note will be introduce into the economy and there is nothing we can do about it other than to bark and later adapt to it.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by onatisi(m): 2:52am On Sep 20, 2012
that new note policy cant ,wont and hasnt been changed ,this is all politics .do u think sanusi was joking when he said nigerians are wasting their time .if gej backs down now it is bad for his political image cos he will look like a weakling,if this report is authentic then what they have done is just to cool the heat and criticism,mark my words they will introduce that note.before they announced it they have done their study and they knew ppl will kick against it ,all these things has been planned,the last protest on fuel hike has taught gej some lessons about nigeria masses mentality when it comes to new policy introduction
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by mruknaijaboy(m): 3:51am On Sep 20, 2012
ogheneme see me see gbege, which kind of imbeciles do we have in this nation called nigeria?

first you complain that the 5000 note is bad for the economy and then now he changes it and your saying hes a weak president! how is it a weak action for reversing the decision?

[size=40pt]i wish i could slap every single person on this thread who said that[/size]

this is what you called democracy at work in a nation which hardly has that, you can thank GEJ for at least letting masses have a say shows that he actually has some decency not to allow the masses of nigeria to suffer worse

this is a symbolic event which shows the masses have been heard and hopefully the masses will continue to be heard,hopefully nigeria will become a fully democratic nation like UK,US, CANADA and AUSTRAlIA

when that day comes I will be thanking god

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by koruji(m): 3:51am On Sep 20, 2012
It is a meaningless reversal, and in fact only on such meaninglessness do we see Mr. Jonathan "listening".

When the subsidy removal was on his mind, we moved heaven and earth to let him see the folly. But no, he was "battle-ready" until his battle-dress was torn into pieces by the masses.

Idokojimmy: Only a listening Govt can reverse its position or policy to impact meaningfully on the people. The people Cried and Gej has listened, I feel he should be commended. [/color][color=#006600]
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 20, 2012
Whateva d President's handlers might say ds time around, d fact remains dat his new found pusillanimous pomposity is a reflection of cluelessness.
Sum1 shld remind Mr President dat he ought to have d final say in matters ,not d oda way round.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Touchforfree(m): 4:18am On Sep 20, 2012
Can this man be trusted at all ?; He suspended it does not mean he'll still not go back to it. He only want to look for a better way of pushing it back to us. It might be that the #5,000 note will still come but converting #20 to coins will not come to limelight. NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE................

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by aljharem(m): 4:20am On Sep 20, 2012
good one Jonathan, I still believe in you. then only problem is that you are not a man of your words
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Burger01(m): 4:27am On Sep 20, 2012
Nigeria has always been a difficult country to manage. Nigerians are even more difficult and absolutely hopeless to manage than the the country herself. The president made policies Nigerians complained, as a listening president GEJ reversed the policies stll Nigerians complained! What do we really want? What is wrong with Nigerians? Nigeria has no problems but Nigerians do. Something is really wrong with us as people. Let's all have a change in collective thinking to move the nation to a greater hight. We can't continue going this way. What kind of future are we setting for our kids? Nigeria will change when Nigerians changed. GEJ well done sir...
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by truetalk4ever: 5:01am On Sep 20, 2012
Kudos to the national assembly for listening to nigerian's and telling the president to call the cbn governor to order, that's what democracy is all about, this issue should not just end like that, the cbn governor should resign, I thinks sanusi has nothing to offer since he came in as cbn governor most of his policies has only help in destroying the economy, he should pack his load and go.., imagine from cash less economy to introduction of N5000 note nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by dtemidare: 5:07am On Sep 20, 2012
[quote author=k2039][/quote]

I wasn't expecting you to say anything diff. Find something better. Myopic minded man chi never sees the otherside of à coin.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by dtemidare: 5:14am On Sep 20, 2012
Desola:

don't forget Maulag o.

The man is confused!

first you complain that the 5000 note is bad for the economy and then now he changes it and your saying hes a weak president! how is it a weak action for reversing the decision?i wish i could slap every single person on this thread who said that[b][/b]

this is what you called democracy at work in a nation which hardly has that, you can thank GEJ for at least letting masses have a say shows that he actually has some decency not to allow the masses of nigeria to suffer worse

this is a symbolic event which shows the masses have been heard and hopefully the masses will continue to be heard,hopefully nigeria will become a fullydemocratic nation like UK,US, CANADA and AUSTRAlIA

when that day comes I will be thanking god
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by onatisi(m): 5:47am On Sep 20, 2012
alj harem: good one Jonathan, I still believe in you. then only problem is that you are not a man of your words
so u also believe that gej will back down,after they have started printing the currency abi?
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by dtemidare: 5:49am On Sep 20, 2012
CAN ANY OF THE FOOLS WHO TALK RUBBISH ABOUT THE PRESIDENT STAND TO HIS FACE AND CALL HIM, CLUELESS AND ALL THE PLETHORA OF NONSENCE YOU'VE BEEN SAYING TO HIM.[/b]

NIGERIANS ARE LIKE THE BIBLICAL ISREALITES NEVER GRATE FULL FOR ANYTHING.[b]

LET ME SAY THIS LOUD TO ALL NIGERIANS, INCLUDING THE CLUELESS NIARALANDERS WHO HAVE DECLARED WAR on GEJ THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIAS, THE EARLIER WE START THINKING OF HOW TO MAKE THIS COUNTRY GROW THROUGH PERSONAL AND SELFLESS SERVICE TO OUR FATHER LAND THE BETTER FOR US ALL. GOVERNMENT MUST NOT DO EVERYTHING FOR THE MASSES BY THE WAY WHO IS THE GOVERNMENT? ITS THE MASSES[b][/b].

I DONT KNOW WHY WE KEEP CLOWNING ON THIS FORUM AS IF WE DONT KNOW THE RIGHT THING TO DO.[b][/b]
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Coldfaya(m): 5:51am On Sep 20, 2012
Arsenate: Na now I know say to rule Naija no easy. Majority of Nigerians are against this policy, GEJ understands this that's why he reverted but them still dey complain. Shiooor. Na this same people go complain say hin no dey hear people yarns. Omo o.

Oh na today u know? To rule over 160 million ppl na beans? U wake up early dem go say y u wake early,say u be winsh? u nor wake up quick dem go say y u dey oversleep say u don shop we money belle full na y u dey oversleep.
Yes he took a step against d ppls wish, but he is now ready to reverse it. Let's just give him a thumbs up abeg.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by DinhoMVP: 5:58am On Sep 20, 2012
1025: i know this jonathan is never to be taken serious at any time. january this year, he told us that there was no going back but he later came down to 97 and this time around again, he said there was no going back on N5000 note but he is going back now.
the other time he disbanded the super eagles and immediately ppl shouted at him, he changed. instead of behaving like this, the wise thing would be to think very well and make the right consultations before coming to the public to announce.
my broda dat ws xactly d reason i didnt vote 4him asides his feminish uncharismatic weak disposition, he talks b4 he thinks & wil alwys come up wt ds sily phrase "after listening 2d plea of nigerians..." mtcheeeww
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by onatisi(m): 6:17am On Sep 20, 2012
ppl that are clapping for gej because he SAYS he will reverse i have some few question for them?
who asked the govt to plan and announce a sensitive plan as the introduction of a new denomination?
doesnt the govt have any economic team which comprises of renowed and well seasoned economist to consult with before planning and also announcing the introducyion of a new denomination?
3)if they had given him gej enough reasons to introduce the currency with enough arguement that it will benefit nigeria in the long term,and the reasons were enough for him to announce the new policy,WHY REVERSE IT?
THAT SHOWS WEAKNESS.not all nigerians are economist so u cant be following ppls wishes and whims as a leader.the major characteristic of a great leader is someone who does what he feels will be the best for his ppl no matter the opposition and leaves history to judge his actions.u cant get it right all the time.
with his purported reversal which i know is a lie he has shown ppl and nigerians that he is weak and does not even know what he wants to do talkless of how to do it
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by onatisi(m): 6:21am On Sep 20, 2012
DinhoMVP: my broda dat ws xactly d reason i didnt vote 4him asides his feminish uncharismatic weak disposition, he talks b4 he thinks & wil alwys come up wt ds sily phrase "after listening 2d plea of nigerians..." mtcheeeww
he is only toying with ppls brain,he is still bring out the currency,this time no announcement ,u will see.cant u see how ppl are praising him already here on nl.nigerians will never learn from the past
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Fidelcruiz(m): 6:38am On Sep 20, 2012
Well done NASS. At least it has shown that the masses and the electorate's voice can be heard. Sanusi is bleeped
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by mecussey(m): 6:50am On Sep 20, 2012
Nigerians are quite difficult, i doubt if dmocracy is the best for us

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa / Kwankwaso Meets Pilot He Sponsored On Board A Flight To Abuja (Photos) / The Real History Of Lagos.(who Should Lay Claim To The Land).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.