Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan (32064 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Agrees To Meet Boko Haram Leader One-on-one / President Jonathan Agrees To Fire Stella Oduah And Recover The N255m - / Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by jude33084(m): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
[size=60pt]Huray!!![/size]

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by garripack: 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
2tex:

[size=20pt]i hate u.[/size]

[size=30pt]I HATE GEJ[b][/b] PASS THE WAY YOU HATE ME IDIATIC,ANIMALISTIC,UNETICAL,IRRESPONSIBLE,IMMORALISTIC RATARD IN CLOTHING OF HUMAN SKIN[/size]
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by 1025: 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
Jmain:

Classic . .it's no secret that 1025 is a confirmed concretized lunatic embarassed . . .

in the same way it is confirmed that the two things that brought u to this world are confirmed concretized lunatics.
if what we have is democracy, i think i have that freedom of expression which no one, not u or even those concretized lunatics in ur family house have right to stop me.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by dedeike: 6:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
I was one of those who said that there was nothing logical to show that there was a linkage between currency change and inflation.
I still maintain that position. However, I was quick to point out the introduction does not hold immense benefits that will supersede the controversy and public outcry following it.

Now that president Jonathan has decided to let go in response to the legitimate yearnings of the masses formally represented by thier representatives, he deserves our collective commendation.

That is the beauty of democracy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by cutievik: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
I didn't want to quote some idiots on this thread who had the guts to critize the president,Do u guys knw wat it means as a president to go back on his words? It shows a high sense of humbleness,humility nd respect for the electorate,if Ghadaffi had knw these very certain he wud have been alive today,genocide wud nt hv occured neither wud the boko haram thrived on our soil.Al bashir of syria is next on the line,nd so biggots got the guts to tag our ever listening president CONFUSED,the masses cried even i did cry nd as a father he listen and now he's condemned.Can some Nigerians be ever satisfied? He reverses his policies True bt would have does policies cause harm dan good. Let's for once see the good of this man his jst like me and you no diff jst a title MR PRESIDENT.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by InvertedHammer: 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2012
May be it would be helpful if the anticipated policy changes are put up first, debated and the masses sensitized before any grandstanding.
The President needs to take decisive action(s) anchored on sound judgment else it may be misconstrued as naivety. He needs logarithmic
approach to governance
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2012
[size=18pt]A president who acts first and think Later

Retardeen Jonathan[/size]
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by SkyBlue1: 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
LOOOOOOOL. What a country! What a group of people! If this policy wasn't reversed we would have heard no end of it. People complained in mass, made points about how introduction of higher monetary denominations was not in line with the policy of heading towards a cashless society and reducing ghana must go politicking of untraceable exchanges. It seems the logic of the outcry was listened to, and the position has been reversed, but it is still a bad thing. Gosh. I can't stand double standards and hypocrisy. Can we at least keep it consistent . . .
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
bubadaniel13: when Goarge Bush invaded Iraq he was advised not to do so he still went ahead with the war,today he is regretting,it is not better to avert something than allowing it to happen and then regret?u may not like GEJ but to me he has a good heart and is also a good leader,he is ur president live with that ok

A "good" heart or honesty is not a factor of production. Its not tangible and seriously is a liability.
Lots of people with good intentions are in jail, lots of people have been sincerely killed.
What Nigeria needs isn't a government that gives sincerity of heart as an excuse for irresponsibility but a government that understands the plight of the people as well as the problems confronting the Nigerian country, and RISING up to provide sustainable and efficient solutions to the age long problems.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by onatisi(m): 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
nigerians ,for goodness sake ,i cnt believe my ppl just swallowed just like that?so you guys believe that they will not introduce that note?you re behaving exactly the same way they had planned and envisiaged ,go and write it down they will bring the currency out next year,this is just to shift ur focus off the issue.na wah ooo.so all these years of political tricks my ppl can still fall like this?
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by bros856: 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
I wonder why Nigerians have no respect for our country and yet they expect the rest of the world to respect them when they are outside Nigeria. All the insults on our President GEJ is an insult and disrespect to the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It's high time nairalanders learn to love our one and only country, this is the only way we can move forward. Please note that there is power in a spoken word so the more you talk the President GEJ down the more you also talk our one and only country down and even yourself. If it doesn't affect you, it may affect any of your family members in or outside Nigeria. Americans will say at the end of every speech 'GOD BLESS AMERICA' LONG LIVE OUR PRESIDENT" No matter the condition they believe it will get better. PLEASE LET CHANGE OUR MENTALITY, GEJ cannot change it alone. If you curse you leader you are dummed because you cannot do without him. THANKS and GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT GEJ AND GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Jmain: 7:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
onatisi: nigerians ,for goodness sake ,i cnt believe my ppl just swallowed just like that?so you guys believe that they will not introduce that note?you re behaving exactly the same way they had planned and envisiaged ,go and write it down they will bring the currency out next year,this is just to shift ur focus off the issue.na wah ooo.so all these years of political tricks my ppl can still fall like this?

Na wao for this kin thinking . . .You dey feel like Jame bond undecided
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Catchfire1: 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
Area_boy:

Can u guys shut up for once and let the man do the damn job you elected him for?

Damn!!! you all cry and ask govt to listen to the voice of the masses. when govt does, then he has no mind of his own.?

make up your damn minds what you want for fish sake

Area_boy NONI!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by k2039: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
AFOLSNETWORKS:

Guy whats up with you, you were the same person shouting you dont want N5,000 note. Now it has been put on hold, hear yourself.
You see what too much of g a r r i has caused u?
You must be confused!!

Ile-Ife:

So if he forces the 5k note down our throat, he'll have a mind of his own. This 5k note was never his idea and he allowed it die a democratic death instead giving that mallam the show and confrontation he wants.

Area_boy:

Can u guys shut up for once and let the man do the damn job you elected him for?

Damn!!! you all cry and ask govt to listen to the voice of the masses. when govt does, then he has no mind of his own.?

make up your damn minds what you want for fish sake

awesome_t:
Please hold it there! If he had gone ahead with the plan, you all will be shouting that he is forcing an unpopular policy down the throat of Nigerians. Now he has decided to listen to public opinion and you are busy raining abuses at him. It's not Goodluck who is confused. Basically, I think some or most Nigerians are CONFUSED.

FOR THE RECORDS I SUPPORTED SLS ON THE INTRODUCTION OF THE 5OOO NAIRA NOTE.

[size=15pt]The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.” [/size]

[size=18pt]You can’t eat your cake and have it[/size].
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by awesomet1(m): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2012
MY PRESIDENT DOESNT HAVE A MIND OF HIS OWN.

YOU ARE NOT FIT TO GOVERN THIS NATION

YOU CANT STAND FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN,WHAT A WEAK PRESIDENT YOU ARE.
Please hold it there! If he had gone ahead with the plan, you all will be shouting that he is forcing an unpopular policy down the throat of Nigerians. Now he has decided to listen to public opinion and you are busy raining abuses at him. It's not Goodluck who is confused. Basically, I think some or most Nigerians are CONFUSED.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by onatisi(m): 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
Jmain:

Na wao for this kin thinking . . .You dey feel like Jame bond undecided
if u like we can place a bet on it by first quater of next year they currency will hit the economy,they simply want to cool things down ,there is too much heat now on the system,so why add another problem to it ,cool the ppl down let them feel as if they have won they strike again ,that i the plan you may believe it or not.but i know something
NEVER BELIEVE A NIGERIAN POLITICIAN
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by andyanders: 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
Only a fool can support Sanusi. I wonder why the guy thinks with his anus instead of his brain. He believed that he has the monopoly of knowledge and indirectly insulted our past leaders that they are not economist, rather farmers. Who is laughing last? Sanusi or OBJ?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by kinkie(f): 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
Its about dat time mr slowpoke president! About time. Mtcheww
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by chucky234(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2012
That Islamic scholar with his plagiarized policies will never succeed in this country,mallam with all his failed economic and financial policies wanted to imposed N5000 note on Nigerians. Thank God people are well informed these days,Jona should consult with better people before making his plans pubic instead of consulting with those clueless goons roaming aimless in his cabinet.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by ujukala: 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
We like this decision of Mr. President. Keep it up.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by alaoeri: 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
Indecision is really worrying GEJ, can't decide on his own.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by IleIfe2(m): 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2012

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Dynaman(m): 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
k2039: [size=14pt]MY PRESIDENT DOESNT HAVE A MIND OF HIS OWN.

YOU ARE NOT FIT TO GOVERN THIS NATION

YOU CANT STAND FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN,WHAT A WEAK PRESIDENT YOU ARE.[/size]
u can't stand d heat with a stubborn country like Nigeria. He is trying to save Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
N5000 Note is long overdue. But conversion to coin is what I hate. I still hope the Government can ignore the agitations of ignorant masses and roll-out the N5000 Note. Reversing this policy is bad news for me and my fellow fiscal oriented Nigerians who know that N5000 is a needed panacea in augmenting our sovereign Economic Growth Indicator.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by awesomet1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
[size=14pt]
awesome_t:
[/size]
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by miracleoscar(m): 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2012
GEJ once again should be commended.remember the PHCN thing.he is a listening person and very dynamic.with this attitude 2015 is sure.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by deletrue: 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2012
jona never disappoint me. You are indeed chosen one. am proud of you. sometimes i asked myself how God has created and given you high degree of wisdom. Because of this wisdom you have not answered many useless people without good side. When you say i thing it will be good to choose option 'a', many nigerians will say no, if you say option 'b' the same abnormal nigerians will no, you should have gone for 'a'. It is a pity you find youself among the most confused and upside down people. God is with you and am sure you will put them to shame.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by bros856: 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
Nairalanders, What is the meaning of Democracy if you guys feel the President GEJ shouldn't listen to the peolple and change his mind on issues that is unacceptable to us Nigerians. If he refuses to change his decision same Nigerians will say he is as heartless as Sani Abacha. GEJ's decisions to change his mind at the wills of his people is the true meaning of democracy in action. Una dey fall my hand too much ooo!!! if you don't know ask before you write stuff, because some people na follow follow on threads.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by 2mch(m): 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
deletrue: jona never disappoint me. You are indeed chosen one. am proud of you. sometimes i asked myself how God has created and given you high degree of wisdom. Because of this wisdom you have not answered many useless people without good side. When you say i thing it will be good to choose option 'a', many nigerians will say no, if you say option 'b' the same abnormal nigerians will no, you should have gone for 'a'. It is a pity you find youself among the most confused and upside down people. God is with you and am sure you will put them to shame.

How much did they pay you? This is sycophancy at its peak. Abi you be naija delta militant, or maybe you are trying to get noticed by the 40 laptops. I hope Jona does not have people like you advising him. Otherwisem na big big gbege for the guy. grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Jmain: 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
1025:

in the same way it is confirmed that the two things that brought u to this world are confirmed concretized lunatics.
if what we have is democracy, i think i have that freedom of expression which no one, not u or even those concretized lunatics in ur family house have right to stop me.

Shut up and go take your meds . . .You lunacy is acidic . . .
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by mrrock: 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
That's how a governmet should work. Listening to the people.
Up GEJ!!!!!!!!!!!.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by icydoc: 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
it is better for GEJ to listen to the masses.I am glad he did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mobolaji Johnson, The First Governor Of Lagos Is Dead / Dogara, Lasun, Leo Ogor Padded The 2016 Budget - Sahara Reporters / Arewa Youths Advise Buhari On What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu, Cabals In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.