Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan (32065 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Agrees To Meet Boko Haram Leader One-on-one / President Jonathan Agrees To Fire Stella Oduah And Recover The N255m - / Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by johnnyhandsom(m): 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
miky: what the fck does gej know about economics? he should leave that up to the central bank and their directors, who are the relevant people for that matter
up your's punk!
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by johnnyhandsom(m): 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
snowdrops: Hail hail to the flip flopping president.
Definition of confusion.

shut the fuckup!
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by onatisi(m): 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
PStylish:

Mr i too know, where will NASS and ex heads of state be looking for that to happen?
who are the members of nass ?are most of them not pdp members?before sanusi came out to say that nigerians are wasting their time going against the new note ,they have already finished everything.pls dont misunderstand me ,i love my country so much and so dearly but with my years of studying nigerians politicians i know that whenever they back down like this on an issue they will still bring it back,it has happened so many times in the past,dont be surprise that when they introduce it into the system they may not even annnounce it anymore ,banks will just stary paying it out.forget nass or other politicians,even reading through this thread i can see that some ppl support the new currency,but lets keep our fingers crossed and see what happens next.have a good night rest
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by tiwasiaife(m): 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
Its only if cardinal arinze wil contest in 2015 will make me not to vote gej. But i knw he cant contest so 2015 gej all the way. The more u hate him 4doing good the more u suffer in till u die. Those who insult gej answer me. Has ur father eva held a post in ur kindred/village let alone local govt. Gej(is g.c.f.r) 4eva.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by johnnyhandsom(m): 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
acidtalk: JONATHAN and JOHNNY BRAVO na who stup*id pass?

Get $50,000 and a Private jet if you get it right.

na your papa stupid pass
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by tpapi: 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
ifyegede:

Another ethnic bigot on the loose.
u sound more st upid dan u used 2 b
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by tpapi: 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
Only a listenin presido wud revers his decision
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by skyflash(m): 8:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
Not only that, that boko haram man should be sacked too
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by selingel: 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
I cant trust GEJ. He will surprise NASS members by January. He wants them to stay action at stopping CBN government.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by ignis: 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
k2039: [size=18pt]MY PRESIDENT DOESNT HAVE A MIND OF HIS OWN.

YOU ARE NOT FIT TO GOVERN THIS NATION

YOU CANT STAND FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN,WHAT A WEAK PRESIDENT YOU ARE.[/size]
May i remind you that we are under democracy government. The masses have their say and not just the president and government.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Johndoe100(m): 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
Where does it say that the policy has been changed? The logic for the introduction has not changed.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Okparaejike: 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
I dont have problem with his reverse plan what is paining me is this fuel that ex president Yaradua left for us to be enjoying @ N65 may his soul rest in peace but uncle Jona has another plan to suffer we all. God save Nigeria from his hand
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Clemzy16(m): 8:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
acidtalk: I earlier called for Nigerians of all ages, tribe and religion to unite and kick against the introduction of the note. Weeks later Dino Melaye led others to Abuja (CBN headquaters ) to kick against it and now we have victory on our side.

View the thread below -

https://www.nairaland.com/1030089/why-n5000-note-should-kickedi
For your mind abi? As if 90% of Nigerians were not against the policy already.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by FLYFIRE(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
dayokanu: [size=28pt]Retardeen Jonathan - Act first think Later

What a Moronn[/size]
No wahala. the man is changing Nigeria while haters like you & your failed sponsors are dieing of jelousy.By the way, your father is the moroon. I.diot malam
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by onatisi(m): 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
Johndoe100: Where does it say that the policy has been changed? The logic for the introduction has not changed.
thank you very much,may god bless u and ur family,i dont know that nigerians can be so gaulible
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
Well done Mr President.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by omowolewa: 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
Who is better off now? Sanusi or Obj(a mere farmer)?
When you have academic knowledge,try to understand the sociopolitical environment at which you operate. That is why SLS is always inconsistent in his policies.
He will just wake up,copy one country's policies and expect to paste it on Nigerian Economy.

See the extent he stained GEJ's administration with his useless quest. I wish he learn a good lesson from this!
If it were to be a civilized nation,SLS would just resign

andyanders: Only a fool can support Sanusi. I wonder why the guy thinks with his anus instead of his brain. He believed that he has the monopoly of knowledge and indirectly insulted our past leaders that they are not economist, rather farmers. Who is laughing last? Sanusi or OBJ?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by kumbalo(m): 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
Idokojimmy: Only a listening Govt can reverse its position or policy to impact meaningfully on the people. The people Cried and Gej has listened, I feel he should be commended. [/color][color=#006600]
101 likes

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by fagamite: 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
Well done Mr President.

I like how people who are the least affected by this policy are the ones most eager to congratulate the president on his decision.

Nigerians . . .funny people. They somehow know how to be more catholic than the pope. wink
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by billante(m): 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
The next thing we will hear is that sanusi has tendered his resignation!! Have a feeling dats wat is going to happen.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Pukkah: 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
Billyonaire: N5000 Note is long overdue. But conversion to coin is what I hate. I still hope the Government can ignore the agitations of ignorant masses and roll-out the N5000 Note. Reversing this policy is bad news for me and my fellow fiscal oriented Nigerians who know that N5000 is a needed panacea in augmenting our sovereign Economic Growth Indicator.

How will N5000 note 'augment sovereign Economic Growth Indicator'? What does that mean?

We've gone through this currency argument before. I didn't see any single STRONG argument in support of the N5000 notes apart from reducing handling charges and tackling the 'dollarized' economy which I vanquished these reasons on another thread. The argument in support of coins was even weaker.

I think the President has done the right thing as there was no hurry at all to force currency management down the throats of the people without adequately preparing the systems in the country and the people themselves. However, he should not have hurriedly endorsed the plan.

Like I said elsewhere, of what benefit is it to a politician or a leader to win an argument but lose the people? I guess Mr Jonathan simply realized the wisdom in this and halted the plan.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by k2039: 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
miky: [size=18pt] what the fck does gej know about economics? he should leave that up to the central bank and their directors, who are the relevant people for that matter [/size]

[size=18pt]Someone is thinking like me,I agree with you totally(100%)

[/size]
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by tpapi: 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
Aussie: It is a pity that some senseless people are praising and thanking GEJ here, over wat? He is not a listening president and he does not have any wisdom. If the NASS had not stepped in, je wuld have gone head with the unpopular pilicy. Or were the NASS memebers sponsored by a class in Lagos to reject this policy?
wat do u think is d duty of nass
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by decrox199(m): 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
bbpreye.:
PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN is a Man of the people!
A man that has the masses at heart
A humble man
A proud son of Bayelsa my home state
May God give him more grace to rule the nation!

Imagine buying one cup of GARRI for #50 and paying with #5000 note!
The price of GARRI would have inflated!

God bless you Mr. President!
till then,enjoy Ɣ☺ΰr ban
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by k2039: 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
snowdrops: Hail hail to the flip flopping president.
Definition of confusion.

The guy is seriously confuse,he shouldnt be in the helm of affairs
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by k2039: 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
1025:

go and make ur research very well. is not possible to rule america without the consent of the senate. bush had to convince them with a satelite picture that showed saddam weapon of mass destruction. you better talk nigerian politics where anything can happen and stay out of american politics as that will expose ur weak political background.where did u see bush or read about his regrets over the war his father could not conclude.

Dont mind the clueless masses who are just as clueless as their president
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by k2039: 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
miky:

how is this democracy at work, when the executive branch infringes on an autonomous body

Dont mind the clueless masses who are just as clueless as their president
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by politician(m): 8:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
tiwasiaife: Its only if cardinal arinze wil contest in 2015 will make me not to vote gej. But i knw he cant contest so 2015 gej all the way. The more u hate him 4doing good the more u suffer in till u die. Those who insult gej answer me. Has ur father eva held a post in ur kindred/village let alone local govt. Gej(is g.c.f.r) 4eva.

This mode of thinking is really pathetic... ##nooffencethough
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by k2039: 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2012
1025:

You thinking exactly like me,dont mind the clueless masses
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by gearshift: 8:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
Oh lord, Mr presido and his assurances, the hilarity continues
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by k2039: 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
cutievik: I didn't want to quote some idiots on this thread who had the guts to critize the president,Do u guys knw wat it means as a president to go back on his words? It shows a high sense of humbleness,humility nd respect for the electorate,if Ghadaffi had knw these very certain he wud have been alive today,genocide wud nt hv occured neither wud the boko haram thrived on our soil.Al bashir of syria is next on the line,nd so biggots got the guts to tag our ever listening president CONFUSED,the masses cried even i did cry nd as a father he listen and now he's condemned.Can some Nigerians be ever satisfied? He reverses his policies True bt would have does policies cause harm dan good. Let's for once see the good of this man his jst like me and you no diff jst a title MR PRESIDENT.

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Jamji: 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
This one will really affect the price of casava bread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Dogara, Lasun, Leo Ogor Padded The 2016 Budget - Sahara Reporters / Arewa Youths Advise Buhari On What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu, Cabals In Aso Rock / ‘SARS Doing Fantastically Well’ — Police Kick Against #endsars Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.