Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan (32071 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Agrees To Meet Boko Haram Leader One-on-one / President Jonathan Agrees To Fire Stella Oduah And Recover The N255m - / Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by k2039: 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
Billyonaire: N5000 Note is long overdue. But conversion to coin is what I hate. I still hope the Government can ignore the agitations of ignorant masses and roll-out the N5000 Note. Reversing this policy is bad news for me and my fellow fiscal oriented Nigerians who know that N5000 is a needed panacea in augmenting our sovereign Economic Growth Indicator.

Billyonaire,we agree on something for the first time,this masses are just as clueless as their president
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by gidjah(m): 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
Tnk God he has a listening ear, though its a sign of wekness wen a ldr cn nt stand by wt he claims to hv faith in n dying for same, let bros n other ldrs learn to carry d served along wt every policy they brng forth jst as it is done in Europe, Obama had to go public to sell his health bill to d American citizens b4 he succeeded, same shld told of our ldrs too. All d same well don mr Presdnt.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Reference(m): 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2012
k2039: [size=18pt]MY PRESIDENT DOESNT HAVE A MIND OF HIS OWN.

YOU ARE NOT FIT TO GOVERN THIS NATION

YOU CANT STAND FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN,WHAT A WEAK PRESIDENT YOU ARE.[/size]

Yes and you have never had a change of mind and direction before. Even God Almighty has changed his mind several times and reversed his actions. And that my friend is a key part of leadership.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Koikoi(m): 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
Ile-Ife:
[size=15pt]Just because this guy listens to and considers all quarters does not make a fool. Nigerians want a beast and i pray God gives them one.[/size]

softly, softly. I pray GOD would not punish us because of the many idi0ts on this forum
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Timijo(m): 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2012

Remove him from office and sit there.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Lordmike: 9:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
GEJ does not need to be praised for this action because he only agreed to stop it because the National Assembly banned it. Please praise the National Assembly for saving us not GEJ and Sanusi. This has shown again that GEJ does not consult the people before taking serious decision. I can not wait for 2015 to vote him out.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2012
From some comments i have read, i can now conclude that when someone hates you, there is nothing you can do to reverse their hatred for you...
Few weeks ago this same haters called GEJ a retardeen, slowpoke, fisherman and all what not for going ahead with the #5000 note printing, fast forward to today and the same haters are calling him a CONFUSED MAN for listening to the masses' voice and putting an end to the #5000 note...SMH
listen haters, y'all can moan and w.a.nn.k to your useless fantasy of seeing the president quit but it's neva gonna happen.just wake up and smell the coffee cos oga jona aint goin nowhere and will still rule again if the people votes counts!!!
Retarded Bigots can do nothing about it
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by dtemidare: 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2012

I Am disappointed at your statement it is only people like you that come to forums like this and open their mouth and tell us how incompetent they are and their fathers.

I won't be amazed if your is à loffer.
Please dont insult the President of the Fédéral Republic of Nigeria. If you knew what leadership entails you Wont say all the rubbish you are saying and this Also goes to all NLNDRS WHO make nasty comments about GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Mcfemad(m): 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
Boko Haram!
emilyone: who stole his thinking cap initially?
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Reference(m): 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
gidjah: Tnk God he has a listening ear, though its a sign of wekness wen a ldr cn nt stand by wt he claims to hv faith in n dying for same, let bros n other ldrs learn to carry d served along wt every policy they brng forth jst as it is done in Europe, Obama had to go public to sell his health bill to d American citizens b4 he succeeded, same shld told of our ldrs too. All d same well don mr Presdnt.

And who told you Obama has succeeded in selling the health bill. Opposition still rages and the war is yet won. Let's just say he succeeded in passing it. There's a country mile between approval and acceptance.

For example:
Son: Dad, I need the keys to the Escalade.

Dad: Not by the hairs of my chiny chin.

Son: I see. Right. I'll just tell mum what you did last summer.

Dad: What the...! That's ridiculous, unacceptable, but I approve.

You don't sincerely think for one minute GEJ hasn't counted the cost and is willing to pawn his queen.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Remii(m): 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
Nigeria is really in trouble, they wantt go to heaven but no want die, grin grin. Govt is doing what will destroys the currency but the same govt can't take right decision. Soludo can't do it, Sanisi can't either. I hope this doesn't turn out the way Ibb agreed to yield to so called popular view on IMF loan ooo. I dey watch.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by k2039: 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
dtemidare:

I Am disappointed at your statement it is only people like you that come to forums like this and open their mouth and tell us how incompetent they are and their fathers.

I won't be amazed if your is à loffer.
Please dont insult the President of the Fédéral Republic of Nigeria. If you knew what leadership entails you Wont say all the rubbish you are saying and this Also goes to all NLNDRS WHO make nasty comments about GEJ.

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Ishilove: 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
Reference:

For example:
Son: Dad, I need the keys to the Escalade.

Dad: Not by the hairs of my chiny chin CHIN.

Son: I see. Right. I'll just tell mum what you did last summer.

Dad: What the...! That's ridiculous, unacceptable, but I approve.

You don't sincerely think for one minute GEJ hasn't counted the cost and is willing to pawn his queen.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Chibest2000(m): 9:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
U r 2 funy 2 hv said dis. It means u can't diffrenciate b/w DEMocraCY & DICtatorSHIP, beside no 1 is perfect.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Bigflamie(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2012
Arsenate: Na now I know say to rule Naija no easy. Majority of Nigerians are against this policy, GEJ understands this that's why he reverted but them still dey complain. Shiooor. Na this same people go complain say hin no dey hear people yarns. Omo o.
Bros, na now i knw say people, human beings, creatures... dey this country
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by obi123: 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2012
i am convinced GEJ lacks focus and drive to take this country to the next level.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Gonzaga1010(m): 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2012
Dats gud 4 them
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by ifeci: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
my people, abeg mk una pity am, at least he listened this time.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Agimor(m): 9:55pm On Sep 19, 2012
Catlanta: Democracy at work!
For the people and the people.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by sigmundfreud(m): 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2012
bubadaniel13: its a good attribute,it shows that he is a listening President,he is a true democrat who respects the wishes of the masses,I admire him GEJ all the way.1025 people like u will still compalain if he has done nothing.
I beg to disagree! This is a government of 1step forward, 2steps backwards!
He is a weakling! He cringes and backs out of policies hiding under the name of 'the people'. What happened to all the research and proposals behind the action? If u want to do anything worthwhile...DONT LISTEN TO PEOPLE!
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by ohzee(f): 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
All these our zigzag movement in this country. I thot Sanusi was promoting a cashless economy. I simply couldn't understand how a 5000 note could have helped achieve that. Kudos to GEJ for quickly reversing to status quo.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by chamberlin1(m): 10:00pm On Sep 19, 2012
grin Just as he increased fuel pump price at New year, sayin he won't reverse his decision but later agreed 97naira after true Nigerian patriots had given him heat. I hope the heat Nigerians gave him concernin the 5000naira note issue is enuff, dis one dat he said he is suspendin the plan, who knows Jan 1st 2013 he might introduce 3400 naira note grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by idy4eva: 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2012
Though I cant quote earlier posters due to technical reason. I hv read thru most of the comments. I still STRONGLY support N5000 and as strongly disapprove the coins(unless ALL Nigeria currency become coins, else the people's apathy 4 coins will persit).
I don't think the President has backed down. Most of us are just gullible,bt he is being diplomatic, bt if truly he is reversing the policy, then a lot of thgs R wrong! Popular position does nt mean right position. Tough decisions hv 2 b taken sometimes 4 d greater benefits in the long term. Let's chk if 5k notes wl not be in circulation in 2013.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by SOOPAID: 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
u are as good as our president. in my place, we sh-i-t before cleaning our back door so in any area where ppl clean their back-doors before shi-tting, something must be wrong there.
you don't announce these things and tell us no going back before consultations. you must do the right consultations and when u speak, as a president, ur words are bonds. when u start talking anyhow and reversing things anyhow, nobody will ever take u serious.
[/quote][/color][quote author=1025]

well said[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Biggyd2: 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2012
And didn't Mr.Sanusi say that Nigerians were waisting their time and that there was no going back on this matter? Talk about going back to eat your words!
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by omoredia: 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2012
Thank u sir!
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Drsunnie(m): 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
He has made the best decision by suspending such stupid move which would ve marred his tenure .
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Paulonminyi: 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2012
Idokojimmy: Only a listening Govt can reverse its position or policy to impact meaningfully on the people. The people Cried and Gej has listened, I feel he should be commended. [/color][color=#006600]
y bringin wrong policy in d first place.clue....less rise 2 power2
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by inteli: 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
acidtalk: I earlier called for Nigerians of all ages, tribe and religion to unite and kick against the introduction of the note. Weeks later Dino Melaye led others to Abuja (CBN headquaters ) to kick against it and now we have victory on our side.

View the thread below -

https://www.nairaland.com/1030089/why-n5000-note-should-kickedi

so wat do u want from us? A standing ovasion? I tire for som people o oh!
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by subzero2(m): 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
snowdrops: Hail hail to the flip flopping president.
Definition of confusion.
Ppl like u nid a conbine team of TB Joshua, Pastor Chris, E. Adeboye etc 4 deliverance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kaduna 2018 LG Election Results Breakdown (Photo) / Elections: Supporters Hold Saraki Hostage, Demand Money / Uche Nwosu Kidnapped In Church By Imo Government House Security Officials (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.