Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan (32070 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Agrees To Meet Boko Haram Leader One-on-one / President Jonathan Agrees To Fire Stella Oduah And Recover The N255m - / Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Scarpon(m): 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
1025: i know this jonathan is never to be taken serious at any time. january this year, he told us that there was no going back but he later came down to 97 and this time around again, he said there was no going back on N5000 note but he is going back now.
the other time he disbanded the super eagles and immediately ppl shouted at him, he changed. instead of behaving like this, the wise thing would be to think very well and make the right consultations before coming to the public to announce.
a good leader listen to his followers.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by israelbenzion: 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
1025: i know this jonathan is never to be taken serious at any time. january this year, he told us that there was no going back but he later came down to 97 and this time around again, he said there was no going back on N5000 note but he is going back now.
the other time he disbanded the super eagles and immediately ppl shouted at him, he changed. instead of behaving like this, the wise thing would be to think very well and make the right consultations before coming to the public to announce.
U r actually the one getting it wrong. First of all, that a man is a President doesn't preclude d possibility of him making wrong decisions. And if he does, is it a crime to reverse it? More so, this is what gives democracy flavour: bending to d will of d people. So he shd not be criticised for hearing d people's voice. So if u knew he shdnt bend, why were u crying out against the 5k note? Was it not for him to reverse himself? And when he decides to countenance the widespread objections, u pour scorn on him again for listening to d people's wish. What do u really want? Are u not the confused one? Should we not appreciate this latest move, if anything?
Na wa for human beings o! So hard to please. D only tin that will win ur applause is wen GEJ uses acid to bathe in d morning. E no good o! Put urself in his shoes(at least he has a pair now).

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by BabaOlowo: 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
Congrats GEJ, reverse MAULAG too pls!
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by k2039: 10:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
PStylish:

You can go to hell or better still form your own country and mint the N5,000 note for you and your family members.olodo.
you are just as clueless as your president
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by nikola(m): 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
PRIORITIES? A NO NO...
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Obinoscopy(m): 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
I'll not believe this news until I see Sanusi come out in public and tell us that CBN has shelved its intention to introduce N5000,
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by mbhs139(m): 10:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
Adeks: Proper CONSULTATIONS should be made b4 going public. PERIOD!

Exactly. but in this country, no one gives a damn about research. otherwise, they should have carried a simple survey of small sample among the masses and take a look at their views.

i commend him thhough for the reverse, but he should please stop this type of reversal now and then. otherwise, office of the president may not be taken serious again, and thay will amount to the office being ridiculed.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by luluosas(m): 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2012
I thought President Jonathan said nobody can intimidate him. Check here https://www.nairaland.com/1052195/nobody-intimidate-me-jonathan
Now, who intimidated him to reverse this anti people policy? Is he no longer the C-in-C of the Armed Forces? Who is he afraid of this time?
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by ujchief(m): 10:43pm On Sep 19, 2012
Billyonaire: [size=20pt]GEJ - A LISTENING PRESIDENT. [/size]
THE MAN OF THE MASSES, even though I supported and Still hope the N5000 should be rolled out. Thank you for listening to the poor people. May they remain poor and meek for their reward is in Heaven.
u can do better than this, oh Billy-goat!
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by luluosas(m): 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
BabaOlowo: Congrats GEJ, reverse MAULAG too pls!
I thought a law Court have already ruled stopping the renaming of the institution.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by ujchief(m): 10:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
Scarpon:
a good leader listen to his followers.
is this the new national anthem? U guys dont cease to amaze me the way u pull out lines from ur a.n.u.s to defend ur Gej. Listening my foot!
N5k note was a bad policy, we realised it earlier, he just realised it now, kapish?
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Ohibenemma(m): 10:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
1025:

go and make ur research very well. is not possible to rule america without the consent of the senate. bush had to convince them with a satelite picture that showed saddam weapon of mass destruction. you better talk nigerian politics where anything can happen and stay out of american politics as that will expose ur weak political background.where did u see bush or read about his regrets over the war his father could not conclude.
When we claim such knowledge of foreign politics, I wonder where we get our facts from. Research and get facts about the war on Iraq and the reactions still trailing that war amongst Americans today, and you'll know if they are rejoicing or regretting going into the war in the first place.
Having said that, I can't remember the president himself saying at any time that there was no going back on the proposed currency note- I stand to be corrected, but if at all he did, I think it should be applauded if he goes back on a policy statement after considering the negative impact it MIGHT have on the masses and the public outcry against it.
I've always had a soft spot for this administration, yet have always maintained that if for this note, the president is castigated, then it was good. I believe that has been the position of many other Nigerians. Why are we such DIE-HARD, CLUELESS CRITICS that we will criticize even what favors us? Many of us need mental deliverance.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by 1025: 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
cutievik: I didn't want to quote some idiots on this thread who had the guts to critize the president,Do u guys knw wat it means as a president to go back on his words? It shows a high sense of humbleness,humility nd respect for the electorate,if Ghadaffi had knw these very certain he wud have been alive today,genocide wud nt hv occured neither wud the boko haram thrived on our soil.Al bashir of syria is next on the line,nd so biggots got the guts to tag our ever listening president CONFUSED,the masses cried even i did cry nd as a father he listen and now he's condemned.Can some Nigerians be ever satisfied? He reverses his policies True bt would have does policies cause harm dan good. Let's for once see the good of this man his jst like me and you no diff jst a title MR PRESIDENT.

if there is any idiot here, it is you. jonathan listening to nigerians is not for our good rather for his good and that of his family but if he doubts it, let him ask gaddafi and saddam. why will a president just wake up after much drinking in the night only to change the price of fuel. upon that he told us no going back but after much troubles and hardships, he came down low. he wake up the next morning and changed unilag to mau. electricity bills, he change that one twice in a week. in the midst of all the problems in nigeria, spending N44b to print N5000 not is the only thing that comes to his mind.
in a democratic govt, such decision must be with the consent of the senate. are we in any way running a one man govt? what makes you think those who do not support gej are idiots? will u call ur parents idiots if they refuse to support gej?
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2012
decrox199: till then,enjoy Ɣ☺ΰr ban

Ban? Lol I no dey fear ban again!
My only problem with the #5000 note was the kind of inflation it would have caused in the GARRI market!Imagine u giving a GARRI seller #5000 for one cup of garri by 9:am in the morning when she neva get change!
Do u know the kind of curse she will rain on U?
The price of my beloved GARRI would have inflated!

Once again kudos to my Ijaw brother GEJ!
Am Bayelsan and am proud, lie down for east-west road if ur hating!

BBPREYE
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
jhydebaba: Why is this administration making policies only to revert it after public outcry?
I suggest that the President should always consult us before proposing anything (even going to the toilet) so that we can decide for him before he goes public.
Listening Government Indeed!!!
the wast set of human being to govern is African and Nigerian in particular. Imagin, the man proposed what he felt will be good, only to find out that the people did not want it, hence the withdrawal. What has he done wrong? Did you know how many policies proposed by Obama but stopped by the masses tru d senate? If d man did not reverse it u will open you mouth and talk, now he did d same talk. The way i am seeing the whole thing is like the problem of nigerian is not just the leaders, is even the masses. Because you gain access to a forum like this it became medium thru were u insults ur democratically elected president. You people don't know what you want. I personally said the introduction of the proposed 5000 is uncalled for, since he realised and withdrew it, to me is best for our democracy. Let stop heaty up the polity. It will not do us any good Black man ok.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by fortyfeet(m): 11:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
There goes the people, I must follow them for I am there leader.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by sindyko(m): 11:13pm On Sep 19, 2012
What an arrant of nonsense sanusi was insisting on. Gratitude and kudos to mr presido 4 listening to d masses say
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Heeyhun(f): 11:18pm On Sep 19, 2012
reversing your decisions attimes doesn't make you a weak person, it means you weighed you options and chose the best. GEJ's action is commendable, i bet a whole lot of other 'people' wouldn't do that...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2012
ujchief:
u can do better than this, oh Billy-goat!
So, this your madness has yet not been healed by TB Joshua ? It must be the resist trait. What a pity!
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by CHIDIEJIOGU: 11:31pm On Sep 19, 2012
BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND,WHY THE COMPLAINTS? THERE WAS A POLICY,THE PEOPLE SAID NO AND IT WAS REVERSED.
THIS SHOULD NOT ATTRACT ABUSE.
ANYWAY, I HOPE THIS REVERSAL IS PERMANENT?
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by thelastPope(m): 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
Too many idiots and ignoramus posting in NL now. Its becoming absurd.

GEJ did not decide on rolling out 5000 note. There is an agency responsible for currency management. They did their research and made a decision. These are jobs for professionals. A presidents job is to listen to their position and approve or disapprove. Most times, he has to rely on the experts because no president of governor knows everything about every sector of society. They always rely on the professionals who run those sectors. In this case, CBN is the agency in charge. If they advise that the economy needs certain inputs to avert problems or to shore up things, the president or governor has to listen.

In this case such a decision was approved but was met by a public outcry and as a democrat the president had to listen to the people and look for another option. That's how government is run. I guess some of you might never understand but I still have to type it anyway for posterity sake.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by tellwsdom: 11:36pm On Sep 19, 2012
Revert or no revert; I'm still hungry embarassed embarassed...So thats not my problem for now sad sad
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by fortyfeet(m): 11:38pm On Sep 19, 2012
What is it Nigerians want from GEJ, he brings up an idea but ends up with the people. That is democracy. I see nothing wrong with the N5000 note but the coins. The coins means the end of those denominations of our currency. The problem lies between you and me. The satchet water sells at N5 and can only rise to N10 because there are no denominations to effect a rise to N8. Because you have refused to trade with those denominations, price of goods can not rise by 2K, N1 or N2. The day we begin trading with the coins will mark again the success of this one time Gods own country. A lot of us do not know that there was a time a $ was equivalent to 80K. My uncle who read accounting at the University of Birminham was trained from here by my grand father who was just a pety trader in Iyahe Cross River State. too bad!

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by obinnaoduduwa: 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
What makes a man is the ability to be flexible,Mr president u worth it and I love u for that,u ar not a dictator .God bless u and one more thing fiscal democracy is wht we want
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by skillz190(m): 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2012
k2039: [size=18pt]MY PRESIDENT DOESNT HAVE A MIND OF HIS OWN.

YOU ARE NOT FIT TO GOVERN THIS NATION

YOU CANT STAND FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN,WHAT A WEAK PRESIDENT YOU ARE.[/size]
..people like yu are not fit 2 be on NL..learn 2 think!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Bryancrox(m): 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
OMGosh its nt eazy 2 rule NIGERIA...Som pple realy nyd 2 b educated on political matters,som pple in dis forum can write bt can't read nd undastand.,insultin d president 4 reversin his decision is nt d best option u guys shld gv him suport.Dis is d true definition of DEMOCRACY...thumbs up Mr President
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by PEREP: 11:53pm On Sep 19, 2012
Desola:

don't forget Maulag o.

The man is confused!

Why can't UNILAG be renamed MAULAG
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by oohunt: 12:02am On Sep 20, 2012
I think that our government is bent on sapping money out of us and usually does this in the beginning of every year. I am sure this wont be the last of this issue, I expect them to come up with something else that will make us spend more and increase the poverty level in this country.
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by lastpage: 12:06am On Sep 20, 2012
Arsenate: Na now I know say to rule Naija no easy. Majority of Nigerians are against this policy, GEJ understands this that's why he reverted but them still dey complain. Shiooor. Na this same people go complain say hin no dey hear people yarns. Omo o.

I thought "A President" is supposed to be smarter than, at least "majority" of the citizens?

It appears very Tom, Dike and Hillary is smarter than this President .....and that is what makes him a "democrat and listening President"! shocked shocked grin grin grin

BTW, an intelligent President will do "critical thinking, analyze issues, consult widely among 'people in the know" ..and finally, take a decision that is in the best interest of the citizens!

Even when and where he is wrong, the "margin of error" will be very small!

Imagine if Obama has to wait six months to come to realization on simple matters like printing of currency!

But this one is so inept that he even flip-flops on the simplest things like #5,000 note!

I tell you, a primary six, twelve year old boy knows that you'll be stupid to use about 3billion naira to produce these #5,000 notes, not to mention the inflation it will cause in the economy!

.......and it took our "listening president" almost six months to realize that!
What a joke!
Himself and that dumb mallam SLS?

See what a great country, with unlimited potential, has been turned into.....by these nitwits in Agbada and b
Babanriga??
So sorry for Nigeria. cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 20, 2012
luluosas: I thought President Jonathan said nobody can intimidate him. Check here https://www.nairaland.com/1052195/nobody-intimidate-me-jonathan
Now, who intimidated him to reverse this anti people policy? Is he no longer the C-in-C of the Armed Forces? Who is he afraid of this time?
look at your own childish way of thinking,no one can intimidate me to you means you cannot listen to people cry or advice. Ho my God, it very unfortunate for the kind of people we have in NL o. think well man, this is the beauty of democracy ok?
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by chibu05(m): 12:12am On Sep 20, 2012
i know this jonathan is never to be taken serious at any time. january this year, he told us that there was no going back but he later came down to 97 and this time around again, he said there was no going back on N5000 note but he is going back now.
the other time he disbanded the super eagles and immediately ppl shouted at him, he changed. instead of behaving like this, the wise thing would be to think very well and make the right consultations before coming to the public to announc

my brother dat man dont know what to do with nigeria. Nigeria is bigger than him
Re: Jonathan Agrees To Reverse N5000 Note Plan by lastpage: 12:12am On Sep 20, 2012
PEREP:

Why can't UNILAG be renamed MAULAG

Dont ask a stewpid question!
if you can read at all, about twenty five pages of Nairaland was dedicated to that issue when it was "burning hot"......
......or where you hibernating during those times?
put that question into the "search button" instead of derailing this thread.

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Imo Youths Celebrate Buhari At 75 / Army Launches ‘Exercise Golden Dawn’ In Anambra State To Curb Insecurity / The Real History Of Lagos.(who Should Lay Claim To The Land).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.