Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2404527 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:13am On Feb 23, 2015
Chino please stop giving yourself sleepless nights because of your own fellow Igbo State of Imo. Our development should be a thing of pride to you and not a thing of envy and hatred. All Nigerian States have the same problems but at varying degrees. Owerri is one of the finest and most modern city in Nigeria and God blessed it with good sandy soil which makes it pleasant to the eyes and attractive to the affluent.

If Anambra develops its a good thing for me and not a cause for envy. For example I keep recomending the Nnewi model for Igbos in general because I see it as successful. However government played little role in Nnewi and it happened in the 70s and early 80s after the civil war. It did not happen because Peter Obi became Governor or after division of old Anambra into two in 1991.

Awka has been a capital for 24 years and therefore not really that young. I am glad you boast of plans or ongoing constructions because you believe the future is bright and not that its already uhuru.

Anambra has its fair share of very disgusting roads right at the heart of cities like Onitsha and Awka as well as highways like Enugu/Onitsha. Stop spreading falsehood and face that reality.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 9:21am On Feb 23, 2015
Abagworo:
Chino please stop giving yourself sleepless nights because of your own fellow Igbo State of Imo. Our development should be a thing of pride to you and not a thing of envy and hatred. All Nigerian States have the same problems but at varying degrees. Owerri is one of the finest and most modern city in Nigeria and God blessed it with good sandy soil which makes it pleasant to the eyes and attractive to the affluent.

If Anambra develops its a good thing for me and not a cause for envy. For example I keep recomending the Nnewi model for Igbos in general because I see it as successful. However government played little role in Nnewi and it happened in the 70s and early 80s after the civil war. It did not happen because Peter Obi became Governor or after division of old Anambra into two in 1991.

Awka has been a capital for 24 years and therefore not really that young. I am glad you boast of plans or ongoing constructions because you believe the future is bright and not that its already uhuru.

Anambra has its fair share of very disgusting roads right at the heart of cities like Onitsha and Awka as well as highways like Enugu/Onitsha. Stop spreading falsehood and face that reality.

thank you well done..............he is nw in yaba left....na chain they use hold am nw
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 9:32am On Feb 23, 2015
Stop saying what you do not know, nobody least of myself is having sleepless night about a failed state as Imo state.

Yes, Anambra beats Imo state in all spheres of development. FACT

Anambra has the best road network east of the niger. FACT!

Owerre and greater part of Imo state has some of the worst roads in the East. FACT.

Owerre has been capital since 1976 but it has only brothels to its name and filled with old ikwerre type houses. FACT

Orlu is more or less abandoned as I have the pictures too.

Okigwe is a complete slum. FACT

Almost all the rural roads in Imo state are in horrible situation.

Imo state as a whole is hugely underdeveloped with poor or non existent infrastructures traversing the entire state.

Almost all the state and federal roads in Imo state are equally in a horrible condition. No federal presence. FACT!

This is the same state that its governor borrowed over 200billion within just 4yrs in office.

Abagworo:

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 9:34am On Feb 23, 2015
You thought I have gone offline? cheesy cheesy

I just relocated my operations to my PC. Oya reply me, let us continue where we stopped.

You never replied any of the point I painted up there.

You must cry blood today.

Charlesdonald:
thank you well done..............he is nw in yaba left....na chain they use hold am nw

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 9:45am On Feb 23, 2015
This is a shame! Rural roads in ordinary Achina beats even a semi urban center as Oguta.. cheesy cheesy

abagoro:
More Oguta

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 9:48am On Feb 23, 2015
Abagworo lemme decorate your thread with good rural roads in AGULU since you have none to show.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 9:55am On Feb 23, 2015
If rural areas can be like this.... cheesy cheesy

A properly paved and well marked roads in the innermost rural areas..more pictures are coming!

I want to know the full meaning of genuine DEVELOPMENT? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 10:12am On Feb 23, 2015
millionaireman:

I love Oguta.

There is one laughable experience I had in Oguta around September 2010 regarding political leadership in Imo state. I packed my car then close to one of the boat take-off points on Oguta lake and asked one Okada boy to take me to where then Imo governor Ohakim was building the well-publicized Oguta Wonder Lake Resort. That period, there were many many SUVs driven by PDP people and marked Oguta Wonder Lake Resort.

The Okada boy looked at me twice and laughed. He said wait. I waited and wondered why he laughed away. After a few minutes, he came back with another Okada man; in front of me he asked the second Okada man if he knew where Ohakim was building the Lake Resort. After a few seconds, they burst into laughter and said {oga, there is no such hotel or resort undergoing construction by Imo state government in Oguta. Many people like you come here to ask similar questions}.

One of these days, I shall return to Oguta to see the state of the Marine University promised there about two years ago by Gov. Okorocha.

this ur story is funny,sha,
yu knw why i believed yu,it s because i know what that silly man can do,
ohakim is my brother frm the same local govt,but i hated him and voted him out,
sometime in 2oo9 i was in owerre,i travelled to lagos in de same year,ohakim came to AIT TV,to claimed and show the picture that he had built overhead bridge and he had make imo state african dubai,i laugh and told d people around me that thìs man is a big liar,

no be imo state i dey,anh anh,ohakim dey lie o,i told them so.
one bad tìng abt ohakim is that he talks too much and no actions,
pls forget ohakim cos rochas is 100% better than him..
it s only in owerri north they want ohakim but not in mbano cos we dont want him except ifeanyi ararume,so i wil rather go 4 rochas,a quality leader than ohakim or iheancho,
QED

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:26am On Feb 23, 2015
oneeast:
If rural areas like this.... cheesy cheesy

A properly paved and well marked roads in the innermost rural areas..more pictures are coming!

I want to know the full meaning of genuine DEVELOPMENT? tongue

Chino the roads are commendable but not as good as Oguta roads. The only difference is the paints which should have washed away by now and your pictures lack drainages.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2015
oneeast:
Abagworo lemme decorate your thread with good rural roads in AGULU since you have none to show.. cheesy cheesy cheesy
CC: Seun , lalastica , ishilove , obinoscopy ngwakwe ishilove lalasticala seun mynd44, I guess this guy should be ban for derailing this thread.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2015
I am actually on duty..so I work night and day! I will go on shift after 2 weeks because it is 2weeks in, 2weeks out.. tongue

emmysoftyou:
uwazurike chinonso, i ve been replying yu till 1: 25am today and slept off cos of wakin up on time, and this after 10am..
abagworo must be right, yu must be having sleepless nite cos of imo state..

pls b4 i belief him,have slept since midnite
cos yu ve been quoting here and there lol
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:32am On Feb 23, 2015
emmysoftyou:
this ur story is funny,sha,
yu knw why i believed yu,it s because i know what that silly man can do,
ohakim is my brother frm the same local govt,but i hated him and voted him out,
sometime in 2oo9 i was in owerre,i travelled to lagos in de same year,ohakim came to AIT TV,to claimed and show the picture that he had built overhead bridge and he had make imo state african dubai,i laugh and told d people around me that thìs man is a big liar,

no be imo state i dey,anh anh,ohakim dey lie o,i told them so.
one bad tìng abt ohakim is that he talks too much and no actions,
pls forget ohakim cos rochas is 100% better than him..
it s only in owerri north they want ohakim but not in mbano cos we dont want him except ifeanyi ararume,so i wil rather go 4 rochas,a quality leader than ohakim or iheancho,
QED

Oguta resort is real. Ohakim started it and Okorocha completed it. Try and pay a visit. I will get pictures from there. There is conference centre, The hotel, lakeside and golf course in Oguta. The marine University is slow but I believe steadily it will be achieved. With the funds available everything cannot be finished at the same time but gradually.

I heard the issue with Oguta resort is privatization. Government is yet to get a private investor to manage the resort.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 10:33am On Feb 23, 2015
Didn't see the drainages or you want to feel good? What you call road in Oguta is what we call foot path in our rural areas. Can you place that Achina or Agulu road on the same table with that shambles you have in Oguta?

I am a photographer so I will do justice to it.. tongue

Enjoy other regions of the state with the same genuine development! I want to show you what development is about because you have lost touch with reality! You have always thought that ecumenical center and round-about are development! tongue

Abagworo:

Chino the roads are commendable but not as good as Oguta roads. The only difference is the paints which should have washed away by now and your pictures lack drainages.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 10:35am On Feb 23, 2015
I am not derailing the thread. It is called peer review and comparison since they first called for it on this thread so I am ever ready to live up to that.. tongue

customized13:
CC: Seun , lalastica , ishilove , obinoscopy ngwakwe ishilove lalasticala seun mynd44, I guess this guy should be ban for derailing this thread.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 10:36am On Feb 23, 2015
IMO STATE HAVE MANY DEVELOPED TOWNS AND CITIES THAT CAN RIVAL THE STATE CAPITALS OF SOME LOUD MOUTHED STATE

abagoro:
Oguta

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 23, 2015
Roads with no gutters. Same thing i complained of the other time.

Douglas road is very dirty. What is ISEPA doing about it? There are people who clean the roads in Owerri early in the morning but you never find them on Douglas road.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by oneeast: 10:45am On Feb 23, 2015
Imo state is actually the least developed state in the SE with only brothel business as the only economy. You can live with that deaddiamond.. tongue

Road show continues down to the deep rural areas.. tongue

Genuine infrastructural development round the state.. tongue

RareDiamond:
IMO STATE HAVE MANY DEVELOPED TOWNS AND CITIES THAT CAN RIVAL THE STATE CAPITALS OF SOME LOUD MOUTHED STATE

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:48am On Feb 23, 2015
berem:
Roads with no gutters. Same thing i complained of the other time.

Douglas road is very dirty. What is ISEPA doing about it? There are people who clean the roads in Owerri early in the morning but you never find them on Douglas road.

Since I was born my parents always avoided Douglas road and now I am old I also avoid it. I believe it is the most crowded area in Owerri. At a time Okorocha wanted to remodel it like he did to Wetheral but met stiff resistance from both the community, FG and was even blackmailed by Chris Anyanwu as planning to oust Northerners. A lot of things need to be done there inclufing demolitions, relocation of Amawusa to Obirinze, redesigning the road and covering the drainages like that of Wetheral, Okigwe and Orlu roads.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 10:57am On Feb 23, 2015
oneeast:
Imo state is actually the least developed state in the SE with only brothel business as the only economy. You can live with that deaddiamond.. tongue

Road show continues down to the deep rural areas.. tongue

Genuine infrastructural development round the state.. tongue

AM NOT WHAT YOU SAY. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU ARE SHOWING US PICTURES OF A BRIDGE ABOUT TO BE DAMAGED BY EROSION.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 23, 2015
Abagworo:

Since I was born my parents always avoided Douglas road and now I am old I also avoid it. I believe it is the most crowded area in Owerri. At a time Okorocha wanted to remodel it like he did to Wetheral but met stiff resistance from both the community, FG and was even blackmailed by Chris Anyanwu as planning to oust Northerners. A lot of things need to be done there inclufing demolitions, relocation of Amawusa to Obirinze, redesigning the road and covering the drainages like that of Wetheral, Okigwe and Orlu roads.
It is the most crowded area in owerri because of the market. Seriously,that road needs to be expanded. Apart from the dirts on the street which poses health hazard,the traffic on that road is terrible.
Does it mean our people are opposed to development for selfish reasons?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:59am On Feb 23, 2015
http://nigeria.gounna.com/show/show/164125/1

Against the backdrop the proposed relocation of Hausa
Community in Imo State from their Ama-Hauasa abode
along Douglas Road in the state capital, the affected
Hausas have vowed that nobody including government can
force them out of their present settlement.
Leader of the Hausa Community in Imo, Alh. Baba Sule,
Sarkin Hausawa in Owerri, who spoke to Nigerian Pilot
Saturday yesterday, described the said plan by Gov.
Okorocha’s administration to relocate the northern
community as an unrealistic one.
The octogenarian who expressed dissatisfaction and
disappointment over the governor’s plans stated that the
present location of the Hausa community at Douglas Road
was given to them since 1926 even before Lord Douglas
and Wetherell came to Owerri as colonial District Officers.
Insisting that their present abode is their permanent home
in Imo State, Alh. Sule recalled that the initial residence of
the Hausas in the state was a place at present day Isiala
Mbano LGA before their forebears finally settled in Owerri.
According to him, his forefather, and father were departed
leaders of the Hausa community in Imo State were
medicine men who helped the people of Owerri in times of
travail which made them to allocate the present site to
them as a permanent homeland.

It would be recalled that Gov. Rochas Anayo Okorocha had
recently announced his administration’s plans to relocate
the Hausa community and Eke-Ukwu Owerre Market, both
on Douglas Road, to a new site; a move which has
continued to generate heat among the populace of the
municipality.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CollynzQ9: 11:01am On Feb 23, 2015
berem:
It is the most crowded area in owerri because of the market. Seriously,that road needs to be expanded. Apart from the dirts on the street which poses health hazard,the traffic on that road is terrible.

This is a vital question! I have completely given up on Rochas cheesy

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 11:10am On Feb 23, 2015
oneeast:
You thought I have gone offline? cheesy cheesy

I just relocated my operations to my PC. Oya reply me, let us continue where we stopped.

You never replied any of the point I painted up there.

You must cry blood today.

mambo jumbo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CollynzQ9: 11:14am On Feb 23, 2015
Charles I love this your black suit monkey coat you are wearing on twitter. Can you borrow me? grin grin

Charlesdonald:
mambo jumbo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:57am On Feb 23, 2015
Bank Road. Visible functional traffic light.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
berem:

That area is sensitive and because Imo is in a different party from FG it is being used against Okorocha. Every attempt to develop or decongest that area was opposed fiercely and Chris Anyanwu went as far as lying to the Senate that Okorocha wants to issue ID to northerners. Every city has its slum and I guess Douglas is a slum. Owerri indigenes on their own have resisted all attempts by past Governors to remove Ekeukwu market. Read this news below.

The recent pronouncement by the Imo State Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Ichie Best Mbanaso to relocate the ancient Eke Ukwu Owere market has attracted fierce reactions from some elders and stakeholders of Owere Nchi Ise who have vowed to resist the relocation of the market to anywhere.
Some leaders of the five villages that make up Owere Nchi Ise condemned the intended action, lamenting why the State Government will contemplate such move without adequate consultation with the people.
Speaking on the contentious issue, the President General, Owerri Community Assembly (OCA), Chief Christian Oweaya Anukam said he is not aware of plans by the State Government to relocate the market.
He said ‘I am the President General of Owerri Community Assembly, I have not been consulted or briefed and I have not been told anything pertaining to the relocation of the market. So for now, it is a rumour’
A leader in Owere Nchi Ise, Chief Geoffrey Nnawuchi, told Imo Trumpeta in an interview that Eke Ukwu Owere has been their ancestral heritage and it is impossible to move the market under whatever guise and excuse to elsewhere without the consent and approval of Owere people.
He condemned the intention of the Governor and the State Commissioner for Commerce and Industry for announcing the planned removal of the market without taking consideration the need to thoroughly discuss the issue with Owerri people.
He said ‘This was the genesis of the crisis between Amawom people and the State Government over Area k. They never consulted anyone; they never deemed it fit to speak to the owners of the land before they sent in bulldozers to clear the land. Of course, we showed them we are no pushovers and what rightly belongs to us cannot be taken away with force. You cannot take what belongs to us by force. It is not done anywhere’
It will be recalled that the State Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Ichie Uche Best Mbanaso had announced the State Government’s plans to relocate the popular and ever busy Eke Ukwu Owerre Market located in the heart of Owerri Metropolis to Naze, a small community 15 kilometers away fromOwerriMunicipality.
Mbanaso was reported to have said that the market will be moved to INTERMARK site at Naze, a place designated for dealers in electronics, electrical and automobile wares.
This Newspaper learnt that the Eke Ukwu Owere market has remained at its present site for several decades. Previous attempts by the past military and Civilian Administrations to move the market away has been futile as Owerri indigenes; owners of the market resisted such attempts.
The people of Owere Nchi Ise and the Okorocha Administration have been on collision course for sometime. Early this year the people of Amawom, one of the five villages that make up Owere Nchi Ise rejected plans by the present Administration to forcefully take over a large landmass located at Area k World Bank Housing Estate to build a hotel and Ecumenical centre.

Sometimes I do wonder why they cannot appreciate if Douglas becomes decent like surrounding Dee Sam road, Orlu road, Bank road and Wetheral road.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2015
CollynzQ9:
Charles I love this your black suit monkey coat you are wearing on twitter. Can you borrow me? grin grin

I can't borrow u cause is too expesive for ur generation talkless of u
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
Abagworo:

That area is sensitive and because Imo is in a different party from FG it is being used against Okorocha. Every attempt to develop or decongest that area was opposed fiercely and Chris Anyanwu went as far as lying to the Senate that Okorocha wants to issue ID to northerners. Every city has its slum and I guess Douglas is a slum. Owerri indigenes on their own have resisted all attempts by past Governors to remove Ekeukwu market. Read this news below.

Sometimes I do wonder why they cannot appreciate if Douglas becomes decent like surrounding Dee Sam road, Orlu road, Bank road and Wetheral road.
what of the dirts littering Douglas and amakohia? Are you going to ignore me again about who's responsiblity is it to clear it?

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by CollynzQ9: 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
Don't worry we shall unveil you and that your coat to Nairalanders soon. cheesy

Charlesdonald:
I can't borrow u cause is too expesive for ur generation talkless of u

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.