Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2402264 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 11:29am On May 31, 2015
millionaireman:

Bros, talk is about establishing a full public university in Orlu zone to enable the large population of people in the 12 Lgas here to also benefit from the huge advantages of closeness to a public university.

Imo polytechnic is at the precinct of Owerri which also takes in the financial and other benefits from the location.

If IMSG now relocates or duplicates faculties of IMSU to Ogboko which is also very close to Okigwe, fair play is it; as ABSU in Uturu near Okigwe is also there.
a state government university cannot be established in Orlu. I keep saying this severally that IMSU will be divided into three. The school of medicine and health sciences is gradually moving to Orlu while school of engineering and environmental sciences will be located at Okigwe. This has always been the plan.
Establishing a brand new university from the coffers of the state govt is not possible.

Daddy Hezekiah's private university is located in Orlu zone. I believe more private universities will be established soon in Orlu
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 8:07pm On May 31, 2015
Beremx:
a state government university cannot be established in Orlu. I keep saying this severally that IMSU will be divided into three. The school of medicine and health sciences is gradually moving to Orlu while school of engineering and environmental sciences will be located at Okigwe. This has always been the plan.
Establishing a brand new university from the coffers of the state govt is not possible.

Daddy Hezekiah's private university is located in Orlu zone. I believe more private universities will be established soon in Orlu

Any excuse provided now by anybody, including Gov. Okorocha, to refuse the relocation of largest number of IMSU faculties to Orlu zone is self-serving -----.

You can as well take the so-called Hezekiah University, or any other PRIVATE UNIVERSITY in Orlu zone to Owerri – who cares?

The huge advantages obtained from closeness to a government university are not found in private universities. About 250 students population in a single field of medical studies in IMSUTH, Orlu. About 120000 students population in the myriad study faculties of the three govt universities in Owerri.
Do you even know how much Orlu is cheated with that?

People of Owerri zone alone to benefit from closeness to three govt universities in Imo state; it's like all of Imo state is taxed to finance mass university education only in Owerri area of he state.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 8:10pm On May 31, 2015
Self-serving:
it costs fortune to provide public with treated water; Rochas Okorocha became governor when it was Orlu's turn to have regional water supply scheme built by IMSG. Ohakim was preparing to build the water scheme. Okorocha turned around in 2011 and said Imo state govt should no longer provide public water.

Orlu people are now watching Gov Okorocha on HD cameras.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LordNaya: 10:46pm On May 31, 2015
WITH ALL YOUR NOISE, I THOUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE VOTED AGAINST GOV ROCHAS BUT YOU VOTED FOR HIM. WHO IS DECIEVING WHO ? PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB US WITH YOUR SENSELESS NOISE.

millionaireman:
Self-serving:
it costs fortune to provide public with treated water; Rochas Okorocha became governor when it was Orlu's turn to have regional water supply scheme built by IMSG. Ohakim was preparing to build the water scheme. Okorocha turned around in 2011 and said Imo state govt should no longer provide public water.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 11:04pm On May 31, 2015
LordNaya:
WITH ALL YOUR NOISE, I THOUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE VOTED AGAINST GOV ROCHAS BUT YOU VOTED FOR HIM. WHO IS DECIEVING WHO ? PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB US WITH YOUR SENSELESS NOISE.

Sense person, do you want to know who I voted for?

Okorocha spent most of Imo state money on projects in the state capital last four years, you nearly rejected him.

Talk of IMSG providing social infrastructure to other places outside Owerri is noise and senseless for you. Simpleton.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:34pm On May 31, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 11:36pm On May 31, 2015
Abagworo:

Christmas hats in May?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:44pm On May 31, 2015
Throwback
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nedu09(m): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2015
Abagworo:
Throwback

"the quality of that useless overpass there is questionable" why wasting tax payers money on a mediocre project like this one. too shabby and substandard main looking at it.... if you're too observant enough, you would discover that those road dividers are filled with red mud and coated with cement. would that last if I may ask? very bad Omen am seeing..
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nedu09(m): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2015
and what will happen if we make it this way? i wonder the type of construction company IMSG use to carry out most of there projects. If is not Sectraco, CCC, Arab contractor, RCC, Rivcom or interbau others are labourers construction company.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2015
Please hold your peace.

millionaireman:
Self-serving:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:46pm On Jun 01, 2015
Nedu09:

"the quality of that useless overpass there is questionable" why wasting tax payers money on a mediocre project like this one. too shabby and substandard main looking at it.... if you're too observant enough, you would discover that those road dividers are filled with red mud and coated with cement. would that last if I may ask? very bad Omen am seeing..

No road divider has red mud my man. That was a picture from 2013.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
Nedu09:
and what will happen if we make it this way? i wonder the type of construction company IMSG use to carry out most of there projects. If is not Sectraco, CCC, Arab contractor, RCC, Rivcom or interbau others are labourers construction company.

It is the quality of job desired that is given and not name of construction firm. To get better job, you must pay more. However the difference between the road in your pic and some others is marking. I personally like the yellow and white traffic marks on the road but dislike the black and white paint on pavements. I believe road marking will be done in Imo State soon as it is a vital aspect of sane driving not just for the beauty of it.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2015
Abagworo:

It is the quality of job desired that is given and not name of construction firm. To get better job, you must pay more. However the difference between the road in your pic and some others is marking. I personally like the yellow and white traffic marks on the road but dislike the black and white paint on pavements. I believe road marking will be done in Imo State soon as it is a vital aspect of sane driving not just for the beauty of it.

Abagworo,are you still a nairaland member? ole ebe ino kamgbe?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:05pm On Jun 01, 2015
Whose mansion? Abagworo's?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:09pm On Jun 01, 2015
Beremx:
Abagworo,are you still a nairaland member? ole ebe ino kamgbe?

Adim nma my sister. Oburu nde ihuruoha ha si oburu oma. Kedu ije?

Nice bungalow at Mbieri near Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by emmysoftyou: 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2015
Abagworo:

Adim nma my sister. Oburu nde ihuruoha ha si oburu oma. Kedu ije?

Nice bungalow at Mbieri near Owerri.

i love what am seeing...issokay but rochas should get to work immediately...
We have a long way to go...
In terms of development,industrialization,hospitalization and mobilization..
Watching imo from my comfort zone cool
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2015
GOV OKOROCHA DONATES LAND, CASH, ETC FOR CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF ORLU UNIVERSITY

by ADMIN on Jun 1, 2015 • 5:02 PM

Governor Rochas Okorocha has thrown his weight behind the building of Catholic Diocese of Orlu University and has directed that the land to that effect and all the necessary authorization papers for the university be given to the leadership of the Diocese for the commencement of the university.

The governor gave the directive during his thanksgiving service at the Holy Trinity Cathedral of Orlu Catholic Diocese with the Governor and his political friends who attended the crowded and historic event, making more than one hundred and forty five million Naira (N145m) donation for the commencement of the process for the University and for the renovation of the cathedral.

The thanksgiving service had witnessed more than three hundred Catholic priests, and priests from other churches in Orlu Diocese and across the state with Governor Okorocha donating N100m on behalf of the state government out of the N145m, while Senator Ifeanyi Araraume, Chief Chidi Idiga (JAFAC), and Chief Jerry Chukwueke donated N5m, and N4m respectively.

In his speech at the service, Governor Okorocha said the state government would continue to invest heavily in education, and that is why the free education progreamme of the Government would remain a prime project to the government, adding that the Marine University under construction in Ossemotor Oguta LGA, the European University in Ideato and the one under construction at Ngor Okpala/Mbaise would be the envy of many when they all take off. Governor Okorocha has always encouraged the Church to invest unrelentlessly in the building of Universities to assist in producing graduates with the fear of God.

Governor Rochas Okorocha has thrown his weight behind the building of Catholic Diocese of Orlu University and has directed that the land to that effect and all the necessary authorization papers for the university be given to the leadership of the Diocese for the commencement of the university.

The governor gave the directive during his thanksgiving service at the Holy Trinity Cathedral of Orlu Catholic Diocese with the Governor and his political friends who attended the crowded and historic event, making more than one hundred and forty five million Naira (N145m) donation for the commencement of the process for the University and for the renovation of the cathedral.

The thanksgiving service had witnessed more than three hundred Catholic priests, and priests from other churches in Orlu Diocese and across the state with Governor Okorocha donating N100m on behalf of the state government out of the N145m, while Senator Ifeanyi Araraume, Chief Chidi Idiga (JAFAC), and Chief Jerry Chukwueke donated N5m, and N4m respectively.

In his speech at the service, Governor Okorocha said the state government would continue to invest heavily in education, and that is why the free education progreamme of the Government would remain a prime project to the government, adding that the Marine University under construction in Ossemotor Oguta LGA, the European University in Ideato and the one under construction at Ngor Okpala/Mbaise would be the envy of many when they all take off. Governor Okorocha has always encouraged the Church to invest unrelentlessly in the building of Universities to assist in producing graduates with the fear of God.

He reiterated that his second tenure would be better than his first term, adding that the rural roads projects would be completed, while the free education from primary to secondary to university will remain, stressing too that he would live up to his promise of building industries and factories in his second term to create jobs in the state and end poverty among the citizenry.

His words, “When I said I will stop kidnapping in the state including Orlu, people doubted me. Today, it is a success story; kidnapping has gone in the state. Now I have promised industries, I am speaking based on my trust in God. I will fulfill it. This government will fulfill its campaign promises. The 27 General hospitals, the 305 primary schools and other projects will be completed”.

He continued “the problem I had with the elite or the bigmen in the state was that I didn’t carry them along. But I will now take them along. These coming four years will be better than the last four years.” The Diocese also honoured the governor, his wife, Nneoma Nkechi Okorocha and the Deputy-Governor, Prince Eze Madumere. They gave Governor Okorocha, Nnaoma Di Ebube and the wife, Nneoma Nwere Ugwu.

In his speech, the Bishop of the Diocese, Most Rev. Augustine Ukwuoma who also gave the sermon, called for rule of law and said the Catholic Church would cooperate with him because the church has been in the forefront of development long before now, adding that even Europe was developed by the Church.

The Bishop explained that although governing people is always difficult, the government should always listen to them to eliminate their biases, advising the people too to pray for the government, noting that people can criticize those in authority, but it must be constructive and not just for the sake of doing so or for the sake of opposition.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
All that Orlu people are saying is: Relocate IMSU to Orlu zone, leave a few IMSU departments in the present IMSU campus in Owerri.

Govt universities are hugely subsidized, while private universities are expensive, with contents depending on the private owner's imagination.

It makes no sense of equity and justice to impose second taxes and levies and contributions on Imo state citizens outside Owerri zone to build private universities in their areas, but continue to have only people from Owerri zone benefit from closeness to the three huge govt-financed universities in Imo state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 03, 2015
OdinmaMaster:
Chinedu Godswill Alaegbu a.k.a Nedu09, please show up here, we have a chat!
chino, shey u don start.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by UnknownT: 7:12am On Jun 03, 2015
Millionaireman, that should be Trinitas University, have they been given any site yet?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OdinmaMaster: 7:13am On Jun 03, 2015
Customized13, leave this matter because it has nothing to do with you.

nwabekeyi:
chino, shey u don start.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 10:45am On Jun 03, 2015
UnknownT:
Millionaireman, that should be Trinitas University, have they been given any site yet?

No site yet, but I think fingers point toward Awo Omamma.

The advantages government universities have over private ones are very very huge - no space here to list them.

FUTO, Alvan Ikoku Fed. University, IMSU, FedPolytechnic, Imopolytechnic are in and around Owerri;

justice and equity stipulate that most of IMSU be relocated from its temporary site in Owerri and be based in Orlu.

By any international standard, the huge population in the 12 LGAs of Orlu zone deserve a government-financed university.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by chinolization: 10:52am On Jun 03, 2015
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 11:18am On Jun 03, 2015
If any university is to be established or moved from Owerri, then the location to site it is in Okigwe zone since Imo Maritime University, Hezekiah University, IMSU Teaching Hospital, Imo Polytechnic and Imo College of Health Sciences are all in Orlu zone. For justice sake, Obowo, Ihitte Uboma, Isiala Mbano, Ehime Mbano, Onuimo and Okigwe deserves to host a government university NOT ORLU ZONE WHICH ALREADY HAS. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THAT ALL THE PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES SHOULD NOT BE IN OWERRI ZONE ALONE.

millionaireman:

No site yet, but I think fingers point toward Awo Omamma.

The advantages government universities have over private ones are very very huge - no space here to list them.

FUTO, Alvan Ikoku Fed. University, IMSU, FedPolytechnic, Imopolytechnic are in and around Owerri;

justice and equity stipulate that most of IMSU be relocated from its temporary site in Owerri and be based in Orlu.

By any international standard, the huge population in the 12 LGAs of Orlu zone deserve a government-financed university.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nedu07: 11:20am On Jun 03, 2015
get ready for a chat here. cool

My name is Chinedu Alaegbu aka Nedu09

Nedu09

Nedu09:

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 11:51am On Jun 03, 2015
RareDiamond:
If any university is to be established or moved from Owerri, then the location to site it is in Okigwe zone since Imo Maritime University, Hezekiah University, IMSU Teaching Hospital, Imo Polytechnic and Imo College of Health Sciences are all in Orlu zone. For justice sake, Obowo, Ihitte Uboma, Isiala Mbano, Ehime Mbano, Onuimo and Okigwe deserves to host a government university NOT ORLU ZONE WHICH ALREADY HAS. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU THAT ALL THE PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES SHOULD NOT BE IN OWERRI ZONE ALONE.

You know these but argue for argument's sake:

1, Okigwe area of 6 LGAs is base for most of the students and lecturers of Abia state University Uturu; talk here is about having a full fledged PUBLIC university to serve the large population of people in the 12 LGAs of Orlu zone.

And Okigwe area also has a College of Education established by the the present govt.

2, IMSU Teaching Hospital in Orlu has a population more or less 200 itinerary students in health studies.

3, Imo Polytechnic is by name in Orlu zone but closest to Owerri which is the base of activities of its students/staff. Owerri profits most from it.

4, Imo College of Health science is a small school to train hospital ancillary staff.

5, So-called Hezekiah University is a proposed private university - and does not count here.

5, Imo Maritime University Oguta is also a proposed institution that may not hold at any time more than 200 students of maritime studies.

6, There must be more than 120,000 students in the more than 100 departments of studies in the five universities and polytechnics in Imo state all located in or around Owerri. IMSU needs to be moved.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
Much ado about universities. I think its high time we focus more on skills acquisition centres. Orlu people should approach Rochas and provide land for establishment of the largest skills acquisition centre in Africa where talented people of all educational background can develop skills and become employers. The Universities keep producing jobless graduates.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
Okorocha admiring Imo worship center.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
Much ado with diversionary tactic.

All over the world, skills are developed beginning from lower schools up to the universities. We know the class of people the skills Acquisition Centres are meant for.

For decades, apart from secondary schools, the only institutions run by Imo state govt in Orlu remain a Skill Acquisition Centre and School for the Deaf, Blind and Mentally Handicapped.

Denying Orlu zone a full public university amounts to under-developing the area.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.