Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,923 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2408527 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
MORE LOVELY PICTURES

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
Imo state is the land of beauty and the joy of africa

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
IMO STATE IS BEAUTIFUL AND LOVELY

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
I LOVE IMO STATE

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Is it today you know that there's no federal presence in Imo State? Even when Imo State was a PDP state,apart from the Owerri-Onitsha road,nothing to show that FG existed in the state. Its not about political party affiiliation,its just the hatred the PDP led government has for Imo State.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2014
berem: Is it today you know that there's no federal presence in Imo State? Even when Imo State was a PDP state,apart from the Owerri-Onitsha road,nothing to show that FG existed in the state. Its not about political party affiiliation,its just the hatred the PDP led government has for Imo State.
To what ends,
Re there no imo state indegenes in pdp,
Re there no imo state indegenes in the fg,
Hmmmmmmm, to what fu*ckin ends.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
Rochas Okorocha try sha, I just came back from that new owerri, anybody who says Imo hasn't improved is lieing, but smhow I don't know whatsup with imo folks and hotels...
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:38pm On Jul 10, 2014
lygn19: Rochas Okorocha try sha, I just came back from that new owerri, anybody who says Imo hasn't improved is lieing, but smhow I don't know whatsup with imo folks and hotels...
. I'm glad you made your neutral observations albeit limited informations with the state of things in the immediate past. Any Imo State indigene wasting his time over Jonathan is a big fool. There has been deliberate marginalization of Imo State by his administration and the worst of it all is that they advertise these as flaws of Imo government to the few gullible. It is same with Rivers. The part of Owerri/PH road that you had a smooth ride was done by Rivers Government and FG refused to reimburse them. Serious work was ongoing at the Imo part by FG only to be suddenly withdrawn in late 2012 for a reason I'm yet to comprehend but is being handled by Niger Delta Ministry.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 10:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
Finally the government has repaired the damaged warehouse roundabout.

This has helped to ease traffic in Owerri, road markings have also been added to Okigwe road up to Control roundabout, (the major thoroughfare).

The chaos of motorists not knowing where to stop on getting to the roundabouts has reduced.

A reintroduction of traffic lights in select areas should be the next move.
That way traffic can flow better like in Enugu.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
eaglechild: Finally the government has repaired the damaged warehouse roundabout.

This has helped to ease traffic in Owerri, road markings have also been added to Okigwe road up to Control roundabout, (the major thoroughfare).

The chaos of motorists not knowing where to stop on getting to the roundabouts has reduced.

A reintroduction of traffic lights in select areas should be the next move.
That way traffic can flow better like in Enugu.
. Lol @bolded. Traffic lights don't work in cities with high concentration of vehicles as you have in Owerri. It will lead to disastrous gridlocks because traffic lights are robots and don't work with immediate statistics. You can't attempt it in most parts of Port-Harcourt.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 11:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
Abagworo: . Lol @bolded. [b][b]Traffic lights don't work in cities with high concentration of vehicles as you have in Owerri. [/[/b]b]It will lead to disastrous gridlocks because traffic lights are robots and don't work with immediate statistics. You can't attempt it in most parts of Port-Harcourt.
Really?!

Modern traffic lights can be adjusted accordingly so your statement is total hogwash.
There are more cars in Lagos and Abuja.

In Owerri when it rains traffic grinds to a halt because the controllers scuttle for shelter.

I said in select areas because of other logistics involved.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 12:56am On Jul 11, 2014
eaglechild:
Really?!

Modern traffic lights can be adjusted accordingly so your statement is total hogwash.
There are more cars in Lagos and Abuja.

In Owerri when it rains traffic grinds to a halt because the controllers scuttle for shelter.

I said in select areas because of other logistics involved.

@eaglechild, On the most recent thread on NL about new states recommended to be created by the National Conference, I read you through, back and front, front and back. You were bashing and swearing against any talk of creating any new state.

However, this thread is about Imo state, but read all your posts here, they all show your Owerri-centric limits. Sure you won't be worried when this state govt soon starts paving the streets of Owerri with gold, while the rest of Imo state still yearn for the most elementary infrastructures that sustain modern lifestyle in them to induce development all over the state.

A Bishop in Ohaji/Egbema LGA just told Gov. Okorocha that the area is yet to see any one km of road tarred by Okorocha govt. You may be one of many like you who believe that modernization in Imo state must not extend anywhere beyond Owerri. If not, why were you so up in arms against creation of new states aimed to extend government closer to the people?

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
Imo state is d best... This folks here have not a single industry that I ve seen yet, d development is encouraging...
LoL... Even d bottle water am drinking is made by Pepsi in idumota lagos...

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
Currently at orange house, owerri...
LoL.... Guys go and make money, real money.... It pays.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
Talking about traffic lights in Owerri,I think its very important. I remember back in school from 2000-2004,there were traffic lights at IMSU junction that leads to Aladimma,Works Layout,Okigwe Road and Ugwu Orji/Orji. Later,the traffice lights stopped working. Traffic lights willl help to decongest traffic in Owerri. I must commend the traffic warders who are doing a nice job controlling traffic around Owerri metropolis.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
lygn19: Imo state is d best... This folks here have not a single industry that I ve seen yet, d development is encouraging...
LoL... Even d bottle water am drinking is made by Pepsi in idumota lagos...
you should have patronized bottle water companies in Imo State. Uzzi water for example. That's pure spring water from Obowo.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
millionaireman: @eaglechild, On the most recent thread on NL about new states recommended to be created by the National Conference, I read you through, back and front, front and back. You were bashing and swearing against any talk of creating any new state. However, this thread is about Imo state, but read all your posts here, they all show your Owerri-centric limits. Sure you won't be worried when this state govt soon starts paving the streets of Owerri with gold, while the rest of Imo state still yearn for the most elementary infrastrutures that sustain modern lifestyle in them to induce development all over the state. A Bishop in Ohaji/Egbema LGA just told Gov. Okorocha that the area is yet to see any one km of road tarred by Okorocha govt. You may be one of many like you who believe that modernization in Imo state must not extend anywhere beyond Owerri. If not, why were you so up in arms against creation of new states aimed to extend government closer to the people?

If you went through my posts prior to the data loss, you would have seen my dismay at the appalling condition of state roads in Imo, I remember mentioning the road leading to IMSUTH amongst others. I am anything but Owerricentric.

As regards state creation, I am in support of Anioma state.
However, further division of the already existing SE state does not necessarily mean an increase in revenue generation or even allocation, rather the redistribution of the meagre FG allocation to the various states, but with extra governors, commissioners, perm secs, members of house etc. Which to me is a colossal waste of funds on recurrent expenditure ( instead of capital projects desperately needed by our economy), given how expensive governance is in Nigeria.

What we should focus on is electing the right people not duplicity of functions.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:20am On Jul 12, 2014
Nigeria has hope of being decent in near future. A time will come when our cities will have relaxation parks, gardens and open spaces. There'll be monumental sculptures at various parts of our cities and we can relate an era to each one of them.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
IMO: WHEN A LEADER EMERGES
Now that the open vista of hope is cascading down in and around Imo like the “Ferim ruwa” waterfall with the unparallel development stride of Imo State government under the “commander of free education” one cannot but smile. At least, a political Moses who bears in mind the ‘Kpim’ of government to be large extent is “to ensure the greatest happiness of the greatest member” (-Apology to Jeremy Bentham) is sitting in Douglas house.

The socio-political cum economic revolution going on in Imo State is a pointer to the fact that “the fact that things have remained bad for so long does not mean that change is impossible”. In those days gone by in Imo State when the follies of mediocre, political jobbers, bootlickers and minions were praised as façade of wisdom, Imolites suffered because people orientation developmental went on exile.

At time past, even socrate with develop bare hair thinking as Chike Obi with his wizardly mathematical prowess will not solve the political equation on how a state with one of the finest human and natural resources in Nigeria will be swimming in poverty. Just recently, I ended a short holiday in Imo State and was marveled at the pace of development going on there. Earlier, I had watched on AIT while in Abuja on how Governor Rochas Okorocha, like the legendary king Midas of Greek mythology was turning everything he touched in Imo state into gold .However, I chose the path of Thomas not for any other reason but the fact that one needs to be very careful while dealing with Nigerians politicians because many of them dish out the menu of falsehood without regard to honesty and integrity.
Today, Imo State has been rescued from the hand of Abuja kleptocrats who only visit Owerri at month end to share the state allocation. Imolites are really enjoying the benefits of good governance or better still using our lexicon the “dividends of democracy”. Owerri is now a modern mega city. I will not fail to mention the massive Urban-rural road constructions going on in all the local government of the state.
At Orlu, Owerri Okigwe, the three main towns in Imo State,  government has transformed them from a village status into modern towns, with the presence of good road networks, five star hotels, modern market, state of art the hospital, and ultra-modern secondary school.

I am not from Imo State neither do I have any particular interest there. However, the all round development going on there is pedagogical, if since 1999 all administration have done half of what the government  of Rochas Okorocha  is doing,then Imo State could have become a Mecca of sort.

Nigerians need to learn from Imolites, apart from the fact that they are the heart of Ndi-Igbo, Imolites are about the most exposed and educated people in Nigeria . They don’t play party politics, but politics of issues and values. It has always been like that in Imo before some looters from Wadata plaza started dipping the hand into the same pot of soup with Imolites. An average Imolite don’t care about so the called zoning system that is trying to tear Nigeria apart. Despite the fact the Chief Achike Udenwa is from Orlu and ruled for sight years (1999-2007), Imolites still elected  Rochas Okorocha from Orlu after they chased former, Governor Ikidi Ohakim (from Okigwe) out of the Douglas house through the ballot in 2011. Nigerians can learn much from Imolites when it comes to playing politics that is devoid of ethnic, tribal, religious or regional sentiment.

I am greatly happy that Gov. Rochas Okorocha did not disappoint Imolites. Indeed, his administration is victory for the people. For the first time, after the golden era of late Dr. Sam Mbakwe of old Imo State (present Abia and Imo State) Imolites can now with pride say “we have a government”. This is a reality I can bet my precious penny for.
http://www.spyghana.com/larger-chibok-nigeria/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
Abagworo: Nigeria has hope of being decent in near future. A time will come when our cities will have relaxation parks, gardens and open spaces. There'll be monumental sculptures at various parts of our cities and we can relate an era to each one of them.

In three years, a governor Okorocha ruined the only sports stadium in the second most populated city in his state - Orlu; built two new stadium-like structures in the state capital where a big sports stadium already exists, how does one describe the governor?

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Will visit Imo soon and very likely get some more recent pictures for our brothers in diaspora.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asadike(f): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2014
ooo kwa. Imo mara nma o. Ndi imo kwenuo. Nwa ada anambra state na ekene ndi imo,umu nne m.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
asadike: ooo kwa. Imo mara nma o. Ndi imo kwenuo. Nwa ada anambra state na ekene ndi imo,umu nne m.

Anyi n'ekele gi nwanyi oma. Ala Imo State wu ala Igbo. Anyi nine wu otu.

ALA IMO STATE WU OKE MBA

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
WE IGBOS ARE A BLESSED PEOPLE WITH A BLESSED LAND

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2014
From Rochas facebook page. Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha
My people, my people. I took a facility visit to Ochiedike Diagnostic & Renal Centre and I am happy to inform you that the project has been completed and will be commissioned in August. This centre will attract medical tourism to Imo thereby boosting our internally generated revenue and reduce the cost associated with traveling to obtain specialized medical attention abroad. Imo Must Be Better.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
More.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Cyberknight: 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
spyder880: What is the implications of this. ......

Diaspora based landlords, FYI cheesy

What the hell is this bloody nonsense? As I see it, Rochas has taken a leaf from the Lagos State government in the quest to extort money from the hapless citizenry instead of doing the job he was elected to do. These people are not content with stealing the money that they collect from the FG in the name of allocation and whatnot, but must also impose onerous levies and taxes to raise more for their fellow travellers to steal as well.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cjrane: 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2014
Abagworo: . Lol @bolded. Traffic lights don't work in cities with high concentration of vehicles as you have in Owerri. It will lead to disastrous gridlocks because traffic lights are robots and don't work with immediate statistics. You can't attempt it in most parts of Port-Harcourt.

This is typically the reason Nigerians should go abroad to change their warped mentality.Yes, traffic lights work in mega metropolitan centers such as New York, Los Angeles or Atlanta. Even Abuja has traffic lights and everyone knows they don't cause any gridlock as you ignorantly infer. But, the law must be firm to make sure people obey them or they will pay huge fines.
What causes gridlocks is when two opposing traffic are caught at the same time locked and blocking each other in an intersection, then since everybody is usually in a mad hurry and wants to go first. They twist around the intersection and cause a nightmare,which will take hours to sort out. That is what causes gridlocks on all port harcourt roads. Not traffic lights, but their absence and peoples behavior that it wastes their time to obey the traffic light in the few places they exist.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by McStoic(m): 6:05am On Jul 20, 2014
Ndi Imo jisinu ike ooooo.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 6:46am On Jul 20, 2014
cjrane:

This is typically the reason Nigerians should go abroad to change their warped mentality.Yes, traffic lights work in mega metropolitan centers such as New York, Los Angeles or Atlanta. Even Abuja has traffic lights and everyone knows they don't cause any gridlock as you ignorantly infer. But, the law must be firm to make sure people obey them or they will pay huge fines.
What causes gridlocks is when two opposing traffic are caught at the same time locked and blocking each other in an intersection, then since everybody is usually in a mad hurry and wants to go first. They twist around the intersection and cause a nightmare,which will take hours to sort out. That is what causes gridlocks on all port harcourt roads. Not traffic lights, but their absence and peoples behavior that it wastes their time to obey the traffic light in the few places they exist.
. Are you aware that all junctions in Port-Harcourt has traffic lights but they were turned off to help reduce traffic? Traffic lights are timed and direction of traffic is irregular. In a city like Port-Harcourt if the green lights turns on you still can't move beyond 5meters in 3mins and then it turns red for the other direction to move but one lane will remain stagnant until it turns green again and then red again, hence you remain stuck. However if under human control, the traffic controller will allow one lane to move a bit and create space for the other lane.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
Abagworo: . Are you aware that all junctions in Port-Harcourt has traffic lights but they were turned off to help reduce traffic? Traffic lights are timed and direction of traffic is irregular. In a city like Port-Harcourt if the green lights turns on you still can't move beyond 5meters in 3mins and then it turns red for the other direction to move but one lane will remain stagnant until it turns green again and then red again, hence you remain stuck. However if under human control, the traffic controller will allow one lane to move a bit and create space for the other lane.
that's not true. The traffic lights are programmed. The lane with heavy traffic gets longer duration of green light. That most traffic lights in Ph aren't working is because they are not maintained. so, they're all non-funtional. It's just nigerian factor, city like Ph can do better with the huge Rivers state allocation.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ROYALD(m): 3:17am On Jul 26, 2014
NICE ONE

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: Xnilid and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.