Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,593 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2408275 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by spyder880(m): 5:39am On Jul 26, 2014
Cyberknight:

What the hell is this bloody nonsense? As I see it, Rochas has taken a leaf from the Lagos State government in the quest to extort money from the hapless citizenry instead of doing the job he was elected to do. These people are not content with stealing the money that they collect from the FG in the name of allocation and whatnot, but must also impose onerous levies and taxes to raise more for their fellow travellers to steal as well.

I tire o.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
millionaireman:

In three years, a governor Okorocha ruined the only sports stadium in the second most populated city in his state - Orlu; built two new stadium-like structures in the state capital where a big sports stadium already exists, how does one describe the governor?

The new Orlu Stadium is 90% completed. The pictures will crop up before year end. Shame on all the liars and haters of Igboland trying to destabilize Imo State. This is the new College of health technology Orlu.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 11:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
Abagworo:

The new Orlu Stadium is 90% completed. The pictures will crop up before year end. Shame on all the liars and haters of Igboland trying to destabilize Imo State. This is the new College of health technology Orlu.

Abagworo are you not Liar Number One of Nairaland? What picture will crop up?

More than two years ago, your principal, Gov. Okorocha, damaged the Sam Okwaraji Stadium Orlu and laid a foundation for new one.
Below are the pix of new Orlu sports stadium which Okorocha govt started more than two years ago.
Within that period, Okorocha govt had built two stadium-like arena in Owerri.

Orlu youths ask that before Okorocha leaves office soon, he has to ensure that the old Sam Okwaraji stadium is returned as Okorocha met it when he came to office.

Let the College of Health Technology become a multi-discipline campus of IMSU. That's what Orlu NEEDS, not College of Health Technology.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
millionaireman:

More than two years ago, your principal, Gov. Okorocha, damaged the Sam Okwaraji Stadium Orlu and laid a foundation for new one.
Below are the pix of new Orlu sports stadium started more than two years ago.

Orlu youths ask that before Okorocha leaves office soon, he has to ensure that the old Sam Okwaraji stadium is returned as Okorocha met it when he came to office.

Let the College of Health Technology become a multi-discipline campus of IMSU. That's what Orlu NEEDS, not College of Health Technology.

Your picture is old. I have a very reliable information that the stadium is almost completed and they are entering grassing stage. So go back at your leisure and take new pictures. Even this your old picture shows work was ongoing. It does not pay to lie shamelessly for peanuts.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
Abagworo:

Your picture is old. I have a very reliable information that the stadium is almost completed and they are entering grassing stage. So go back at your leisure and take new pictures. Even this your old picture shows work was ongoing. It does not pay to lie shamelessly for peanuts.

A good propagandist uses pictures to support his/her effort. To rubbish my current pictures showing the condition of Orlu stadium - new and old - you need another pix.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
millionaireman:

A good propagandist uses pictures to support his/her effort. To rubbish my current pictures showing the condition of Orlu stadium - new and old - you need another pix.

If I was in Imo State, I would have flooded this thread with pictures. I just pray I get free time to spend like 1 week in Imo and people will see the truth here on Nairaland. You people's propaganda against my State has already failed.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by millionaireman: 7:50am On Jul 28, 2014
Abagworo:

If I was in Imo State, I would have flooded this thread with pictures. I just pray I get free time to spend like 1 week in Imo and people will see the truth here on Nairaland. You people's propaganda against my State has already failed.
You are in Imo state, stop lying. Go get the current pix of the Orlu stadium in order convince anybody. What I posted above are the level of work done on the stadium started more than two years ago. Once in a while when pressure mounts, a tractor and few men would be sent to do some earth moving, that has been it in the last two years. If Gov. Okorocha would do himself and Orlu people a favour and restore the old stadium as he met it in 2011 before May 2015. It does not cost peanuts to build a stadium.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rozayx5(m): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2014
Abagworo:

So your not even in Imo and your doing propaganda grin grin grin grin
millionaireman and cleanernaija cleaning abagwoscam since 1880 cheesy

omo see bush
this is akwa Ibom Stadium started bout a year ago
with a 4start ranking from FIFA

so if you wanna do propaganda next time, make sure your opponent does not have more info than you grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rozayx5(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2014
millionaireman: You are in Imo state, stop lying. Go get the current pix of the Orlu stadium in order convince anybody. What I posted above are the level of work done on the stadium started more than two years ago. Once in a while when pressure mounts, a tractor and few men would be sent to do some earth moving, that has been it in the last two years. If Gov. Okorocha would do himself and Orlu people a favour and restore the old stadium as he met it in 2011 before May 2015. It does not cost peanuts to build a stadium.

good job, keep countering his false news, many of my friends in owerri say its all noise that nothing is happening

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cooltone: 8:54am On Jul 28, 2014
millionaireman:

Below are the pix of new Orlu sports stadium which Okorocha govt started more than two years ago.

Thanks Mr millionareman for showing the evidence that work is going on because you've been misleading a lot of people here that there was no replacement for the demolished Orlu stadium. From the picture you posted it's clear that you are on propaganda to discredit the works of imo state government. Every coin has two sides. I will like you to show us of the whole stadium been constructed not taking pictures from bad angles. Rochas I must confess is a magician because of what he has done with the little resources of imo state in a very short period of time.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by cooltone: 9:00am On Jul 28, 2014
rozayx5:

So your not even in Imo and your doing propaganda grin grin grin grin
millionaireman and cleanernaija cleaning abagwoscam since 1880 cheesy

omo see bush
this is akwa Ibom Stadium started bout a year ago
with a 4start ranking from FIFA

so if you wanna do propaganda next time, make sure your opponent does not have more info than you grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Akwa Ibom earns ten times the allocation of imo state and generates more internal revenue and also has less work force. This stadium you posted is in the state capital of the richest state in Nigeria. If Imo were Akwa Ibom am very sure that even Ohakim would do better than what Akwa Ibom government is doing. So hold your propaganda against my state and my governor.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rozayx5(m): 9:05am On Jul 28, 2014
cooltone:
Akwa Ibom earns ten times the allocation of imo state and generates more internal revenue and also has less work force. This stadium you posted is in the state capital of the richest state in Nigeria. If Imo were Akwa Ibom am very sure that even Ohakim would do better than what Akwa Ibom government is doing. So hold your propaganda against my state and my governor.

yeah who stopped imo from drilling their own oil?
the fact remains you guys should stop posting lies, cause with the abandoned structures i have seen on this thread, it is a minus for Rochas and his propaganda team, seeing is believing Bro, when we dont see we dont believe, the best thing now is to counter millionairemans pics or he remains the winner.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:32am On Jul 28, 2014
rozayx5:

yeah who stopped imo from drilling their own oil?
the fact remains you guys should stop posting lies, cause with the abandoned structures i have seen on this thread, it is a minus for Rochas and his propaganda team, seeing is believing Bro, when we dont see we dont believe, the best thing now is to counter millionairemans pics or he remains the winner.

What do you want to see? Imo is way more developed than your State in every index of development. We don't go to other towns as house helps, gate-men and labourers. We go there as investors and employers of labour. Better get your poor, uneducated, backward, child-trafficking, slum dwelling arss out of this thread. Meanwhile enjoy a ride in Owerri residential area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbD5lwcNbt8
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rozayx5(m): 10:39am On Jul 28, 2014
Abagworo:

What do you want to see? Imo is way more developed than your State in every index of development. We don't go to other towns as house helps, gate-men and labourers. We go there as investors and employers of labour. Better get your poor, uneducated, backward, child-trafficking, slum dwelling arss out of this thread. Meanwhile enjoy a ride in Owerri residential area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbD5lwcNbt8

Lol is that the best you could come up with ,

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IGBOSON1: 10:39am On Jul 28, 2014
I wonder why it's so difficult to get latest pics on anything in Imo state......so annoying! It's never a problem with Enugu, Akwa Ibom or Lagos!

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rozayx5(m): 10:46am On Jul 28, 2014
IGBOSON1: I wonder why it's so difficult to get latest pics on anything in Imo state......so annoying! It's never a problem with Enugu, Akwa Ibom or Lagos!

Latest pics will crop up before year end grin

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:37am On Jul 28, 2014
IGBOSON1: I wonder why it's so difficult to get latest pics on anything in Imo state......so annoying! It's never a problem with Enugu, Akwa Ibom or Lagos!

Because Imo Government is not a propaganda type. Most pictures of Akwa Ibom you get are from government propaganda websites taken from helicopter with high definition cameras. The picture of Enugu is from Spyder88 who lives in Enugu with his phone and not from government propaganda hence lack of high definition pictures. Nigerians generally lack that urge to snap pictures. At a stage someone living in Owerri took several pictures and populated this thread but all was lost to the Nairaland hacking. I sure will visit Imo State and spend some days without missing pictures. At least the pictures of Oguta I took when Justice Oputa died is on this thread. Owerri as a city does not look like Nigeria at all. The only problem is open drainages which is being addressed now. There is an old part of the city around Douglas that gives it the typical Nigerian feel but beyond Douglas area which is crowded and dirty, much of Owerri is extremely beautiful and completely modern in housing with some bad dots outside the city like Umuguma, Orji/Uratta and Amakohia/Akwakuma.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by LordNaya: 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2014
Okorocha renames Avutu Poultry Farm after Sam Mbakwe.
by ADMIN on Jul 8, 2014 • 7:01 PM 1 34 Comments

On Monday July 7th, Gov. Rochas Okorocha renamed the Avutu Poultry farm Ltd., to Sam Mbakwe Poultry Farm. He said the first civilian governor of the state,  late Chief Sam Mbakwe would continue to be honoured as long as the state would continue to appreciate the foot-prints he left behind as the governor of the state.

Governor Okorocha spoke when he paid a courtesy call on the widow of the late Governor of the state, Mrs. Ahuikpeghe Mbakwe, while leading a team of South-African Agricultural investors to Avutu poultry farm in Obowo LGA to inspect the venture with a view of the investors, collaborating with the state government to bring the poultry fully back to life and to the standard the state government has envisaged.

Okorocha who was received at the country home of the late former Governor by the wife and son, Ahuikpeghe and Chief Alex Mbakwe told his audience that Mbakwe had achieved much for the state that his administration has remained a reference government in the state and beyond.

Welcoming the governor, the late Mbakwe’s first son, Alex Mbakwe commended governor Okorocha for being the first governor after the late father to have shown enormous interest in both the family and the Avutu poultry farm and prayed that God would continue to encourage him. He appealed to the governor to rehabilitate the road leading to the poultry since those going to the poultry would need good road to get there.

At the poultry, the governor regretted the long-time neglect the poultry had suffered and said his administration would stop at nothing to achieve the goal behind the establishment of the poultry, reiterating that the poultry when fully revived, would provide job opportunities to thousands of Imo sons and daughters.

The governor assured to overhaul the farm and also rehabilitate the state owned paint industry located at Mbaise, adding that his Rescue Mission administration would take the state to the next level of development and growth, giving the assurance that his government would partner the agricultural investors from South Africa.

The leader of the South African investors, Mr. Dirk Hanekom had told the governor that they had come to partner the state government in agriculture, which he said remains a tool to unite African nations, also praising the governor for keeping the doors of his administration open for investors.

Speaking at a mini reception organized by the people of the area, a leader from the area, Chief Abraham Alesiro said that since 1983 nobody or any governor has done for Avutu Obowo people what Rochas has done for them. He advised the governor to forfeit his presidential ambition and seek re-election as the governor of the state.

http://www.imostateblog.com/2014/07/08/okorocha-renames-avutu-poultry-farm-after-sam-mbakwe/
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nedu09(m): 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Mteww! Nothing new in thread... Abagworo what is wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
Average look of New Owerri town with lush greenery and modern housing.

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asadike(f): 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
alryt! Packing up. Imo state here i com. Unu aga anukwam? :Dalryt! Packing up. Imo state here i com. Unu aga anukwam?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
asadike: alryt! Packing up. Imo state here i com. Unu aga anukwam? :Dalryt! Packing up. Imo state here i com. Unu aga anukwam?

Inwelu ike ibu nwunye nke ibuo mu?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 11:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
cjrane:

This is typically the reason Nigerians should go abroad to change their warped mentality.Yes, traffic lights work in mega metropolitan centers such as New York, Los Angeles or Atlanta. Even Abuja has traffic lights and everyone knows they don't cause any gridlock as you ignorantly infer. But, the law must be firm to make sure people obey them or they will pay huge fines.
What causes gridlocks is when two opposing traffic are caught at the same time locked and blocking each other in an intersection, then since everybody is usually in a mad hurry and wants to go first. They twist around the intersection and cause a nightmare,which will take hours to sort out. That is what causes gridlocks on all port harcourt roads. Not traffic lights, but their absence and peoples behavior that it wastes their time to obey the traffic light in the few places they exist.
centje: that's not true. The traffic lights are programmed. The lane with heavy traffic gets longer duration of green light. That most traffic lights in Ph aren't working is because they are not maintained. so, they're all non-funtional. It's just nigerian factor, city like Ph can do better with the huge Rivers state allocation.

Thanks for educating him.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by eaglechild: 11:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
Abagworo:

Because Imo Government is not a propaganda type. Most pictures of Akwa Ibom you get are from government propaganda websites taken from helicopter with high definition cameras. The picture of Enugu is from Spyder88 who lives in Enugu with his phone and not from government propaganda hence lack of high definition pictures. Nigerians generally lack that urge to snap pictures. At a stage someone living in Owerri took several pictures and populated this thread but all was lost to the Nairaland hacking. I sure will visit Imo State and spend some days without missing pictures. At least the pictures of Oguta I took when Justice Oputa died is on this thread. Owerri as a city does not look like Nigeria at all. The only problem is open drainages which is being addressed now. There is an old part of the city around Douglas that gives it the typical Nigerian feel but beyond Douglas area which is crowded and dirty, much of Owerri is extremely beautiful and completely modern in housing with some bad dots outside the city like Umuguma, Orji/Uratta and Amakohia/Akwakuma.

Chai!!!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 10:48am On Jul 31, 2014
I LOVE IMO STATE AND ITS BEAUTIFUL AND HOSPITABLE PEOPLE. GOD BLESS NDI IMO STATE, NDI IGBO, NIGERIA AND AFRICA

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nedu09(m): 11:15am On Jul 31, 2014
Chai! Repetition of old pix.... That's bored. It shows noting to write home about......

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamond: 11:56am On Jul 31, 2014
Nedu09: Chai! Repetition of old pix.... That's bored. It shows noting to write home about......

THE OLD PICS WERE LOST DUE TO NAIRALAND HACKING. HENCE, THE NEED TO BRING THEM BACK ON THIS THREAD SO THAT THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN THEM COULD DO SO. IF YOU HAVE RECENT PICS KINDLY POST THEM BECAUSE I KNOW IMO STATE IS GETTING BETTER EVERYDAY WITH OR WITHOUT GOV. ROCHAS. I AM PROUD OF MY STATE AND THE IGBO NATION.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Onyegecha(f): 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
I am not from Imo State neither do I have any particular interest there. However, the all round development going on there is pedagogical, if since 1999 all administration have done half of what the government of Rochas Okorocha is doing,then Imo State could have become a Mecca of sort.

Abagworo, if you are not from Imo state, why are you constantly on our case, doing everything possible to obliterate the truth on ground? Well, the only people you can deceive are people like you who are not in the state. The cosmetic approach to governance which Rochas has adopted is unacceptable to the citizens and very soon they will show their displeasure.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Charlesdonald(m): 7:51am On Aug 01, 2014
Ihedioha has one of d best hotel nw in construction in owerri with d fund our people........instead of using d money to do great things for our community
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nedu09(m): 8:25am On Aug 01, 2014
@Charlesdonald: what!! Heh! My state dnt suffer, only to dey build hotel whan my brothers them dey run enter PH workforce... But here we are building charlets and beer parlour... How many industries, companies and factories dey for that state... Which state would survive without all this things? We are losing our strength and manpower to other state that's why we remain dormant any small cosmetic on our formal roads we will be singing praise... Though i have not gone home for awhile but atlist i should be seeing something that tells what's on ground here... Go to enugu, AI and PH thread no doubt about it. Go to Anambra thread, nothing but too much hype from one deluded guy. sentiment written all over his comments because all he wants us to believe is not what i saw... I even took some shot the view was not impressive. right here in Imo thread all i can see is plenty talk and old pix we have seen several times. Infact Una dey downgrade my state the more... After too much hype a visitor will now decide to take a trip and be disappointed at last Why? What do we get out of being 'sentimental'
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
Onyegecha: I am not from Imo State neither do I have any particular interest there. However, the all round development going on there is pedagogical, if since 1999 all administration have done half of what the government of Rochas Okorocha is doing,then Imo State could have become a Mecca of sort.

Abagworo, if you are not from Imo state, why are you constantly on our case, doing everything possible to obliterate the truth on ground? Well, the only people you can deceive are people like you who are not in the state. The cosmetic approach to governance which Rochas has adopted is unacceptable to the citizens and very soon they will show their displeasure.

Who said I'm not from Imo State? I am the realest native of Imo State as far as Nairaland is concerned. Be warned you outcast before you get the wrath of a true nwafor. Ejila eji h'eji agba na nti agba n'anya. Be warned!!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rozayx5(m): 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
Abagworo:

Who said I'm not from Imo State? I am the realest native of Imo State as far as Nairaland is concerned . Be warned you outcast before you get the wrath of a true nwafor. Ejila eji h'eji agba na nti agba n'anya. Be warned!!

realest Okorocha gateman you meant, cause common questions on Imo Contract threads you could not answer but you were about posting pictures of one medical equipment, when people on ground tell you a road was not built you stay in whatever state you are and claim them to be liars, all this for a morsel of mallams peanuts ,true son of the soil indeed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.