Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,571 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2398626 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Xander85: 6:57pm On May 26, 2018
Abagworo:
Okigwe Stadium pitch completed while work continues in other areas.

Damn! This looks impressive!!

Hope they do a good job on the stands and toilet facilities as well.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 9:22am On May 27, 2018
Abagworo, this Okigwe stadium is beautiful.

Just remembered 2015 when you told us here that Orlu Stadium before Okigwe's would be commissioned Dec. 2014.

1, Okigwe Stadium

2 Orlu stadium started before Okigwe's.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:58am On May 27, 2018
mandax:
Abagworo, this Okigwe stadium is beautiful.

Just remembered 2015 when you told us here that Orlu Stadium before Okigwe's would be commissioned Dec. 2014.

1, Okigwe Stadium

2 Orlu stadium started before Okigwe's.

Turn by turn na so life be.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:10pm On May 27, 2018
As Okigwe Stadium is being rounded up I've seen the design for Okigwe Mall by Rytegate. I like the quality of projects from Rytegate so far and the Mall looks good. Last photo is a beautiful vegetation shot on outskirts of Okigwe.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 7:13pm On May 27, 2018
Some photos from Owerri. There's obvious proliferation of real estate ventures.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 7:50pm On May 27, 2018
Abagworo:
Ongoing construction of Okwuabala Ihioma road in Orlu LGA.
This is my maternal village. Still thinking of which road in okwuabala. Is it the road that leads to Ogberuru cos I know that road is good or the road that leads to Ikpa boys?

Abagworo
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 8:33pm On May 27, 2018
Abagworo:
As Okigwe Stadium is being rounded up I've seen the design for Okigwe Mall by Rytegate. I like the quality of projects from Rytegate so far and the Mall looks good. Last photo is a beautiful vegetation shot on outskirts of Okigwe.

Well done.

Will the Okigwe mall be a private or government investment?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:34pm On May 27, 2018
Beremx:
This is my maternal village. Still thinking of which road in okwuabala. Is it the road that leads to Ogberuru cos I know that road is good or the road that leads to Ikpa boys?

Abagworo

I lost the page I got it from but I believe it should be All Saint-Green Uzor road based on earlier publications.

These photos are from Okporo and the last one is Lord Ena Hotel, Ihitenansa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:38pm On May 27, 2018
SoNature:

Well done.

Will the Okigwe mall be a private or government investment?

Looks like it's government but I would have preferred it private except of course they go into partnership with a private investor. Most Government ventures are bound to fail.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 8:40pm On May 27, 2018
Abagworo:

I lost the page I got it from but I believe it should be All Saint-Green Uzor road based on earlier publications.

These photos are from Okporo and the last one is Lord Ena Hotel, Ihitenansa.
hmmm! Abagworo I dunno why there's epileptic supply of electricity in Orlu. In my village, it's up to 9months now no light. But a neighbouring village called Umutanze always have light. I have asked my dad who is based in the Villa why is that? They pay their bills yet no light. Why na?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:59pm On May 27, 2018
Beremx:
hmmm! Abagworo I dunno why there's epileptic supply of electricity in Orlu. In my village, it's up to 9months now no light. But a neighbouring village called Umutanze always have light. I have asked my dad who is based in the Villa why is that? They pay their bills yet no light. Why na?

Because Orlu is in Nigeria. I enjoy 20 hours with "federal line" while those still connected to "local line" stay months without power supply. I believe the federal line is 33 Kva whereas the local is 11Kva. If Umutanze is federal line then you should negotiate connection for your area by tapping from them. It costs couple of millions in cables, paper work and new transformer.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Beremx(f): 9:02pm On May 27, 2018
Abagworo:

Because Orlu is in Nigeria. I enjoy 20 hours with "federal line" while those still connected to "local line" stay months without power supply. I believe the federal line is 33 Kva whereas the local is 11Kva. If Umutanze is federal line then you should negotiate connection for your area by tapping from them. It costs couple of millions in cables, paper work and new transformer.
yes my dad told me about the federal line thing. Seems federal line gets more electricity than the local one. Even in Lagos here, same thing. My family is planning to connect from Umutanze anyway. Hope it won't cause problems in the nearest future.

Thanks
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:06pm On May 27, 2018
Beremx:
yes my dad told me about the federal line thing. Seems federal line gets more electricity than the local one. Even in Lagos here, same thing. My family is planning to connect from Umutanze anyway. Hope it won't cause problems in the nearest future.

Thanks

Whatever problems will always end up in cash settlement with corrupt EEDC. You need not worry.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by nwoke37: 9:07pm On May 27, 2018
sanctity454:
Update on lacarde mall due for opening in the last quarter of the year 2018

the renders looked better
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 10:51pm On May 27, 2018
Abagworo:
Some photos from Owerri. There's obvious proliferation of real estate ventures.

Proliferation of real estate ventures is a good sign that Igbos are now investing at home, instead of in north and SW regions.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Xander85: 11:02pm On May 27, 2018
mandax:

Proliferation of real estate ventures is a good sign that Igbos are now investing at home, instead of in north and SW regions.

I've been seeing some quality stuff on here lately....both private and gov't projects. More effort could be paid to road sweeping and clearing the sides of the major streets of clutter and illegal erections! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 7:43am On May 28, 2018
Abagworo:

Lol, not federal line, it is called factory line(33kva) for industries while the one of 11kva is residential. I see real developments in inner villages like Okporo and Ihittenansa. Abagworo keep it up you are the man.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by freshvine(f): 8:19am On May 28, 2018
the new owerri is sprawling into something beautiful but for lack of quality infrastructure. a competent construction company in the capacity of berger surfacing and reconstructing the internal roads would add aesthetic to the 'las vegas' of nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:28am On May 28, 2018
Xander85:

I've been seeing some quality stuff on here lately....both private and gov't projects. More effort could be paid to road sweeping and clearing the sides of the major streets of clutter and illegal erections! smiley

I believe more attention should be paid in prevention than allowing them to erect shanties and later demolish. Most of those traders have come to believe it's their right to trade on the streets and Okorocha has really dealt with them.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:34am On May 28, 2018
freshvine:
the new owerri is sprawling into something beautiful but for lack of quality infrastructure. a competent construction company in the capacity of berger surfacing and reconstructing the internal roads would add aesthetic to the 'las vegas' of nigeria

I hate it when any Nigerian mentions Julius Berger or all these foreign construction companies as the only ones good enough. We need to build our own construction team which will grow over the years to our own Julius Berger. If the man I am rooting for eventually becomes Governor in 2019 I will contribute in designing and construction of roads to look like Dubai or Cape Town in Owerri. Okorocha has tried in stepping up but we shall bring something never seen in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by freshvine(f): 8:59am On May 28, 2018
Abagworo:

I hate it when any Nigerian mentions Julius Berger or all these foreign construction companies as the only ones good enough. We need to build our own construction team which will grow over the years to our own Julius Berger. If the man I am rooting for eventually becomes Governor in 2019 I will contribute in designing and construction of roads to look like Dubai or Cape Town in Owerri. Okorocha has tried in stepping up but we shall bring something never seen in Nigeria.

Never ever mention okorocha to me again...i won't tolerate the joke.

that's aside. you prefer quality of construction or politicians posing as contractors doing low quality jobs with overbloated figures?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:20am On May 28, 2018
freshvine:

Never ever mention okorocha to me again...i won't tolerate the joke.

that's aside. you prefer quality of construction or politicians posing as contractors doing low quality jobs with overbloated figures?

You hate Okorocha hence your reasoning can never be unbiased. Julius Berger is the biggest criminal in Nigeria used by politicians to siphon huge sums of money through contract inflation. I love Okorocha's ability to get the best at the lowest possible price and the gradual but steady improvement on the quality of construction.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by freshvine(f): 1:25pm On May 28, 2018
Abagworo:

You hate Okorocha hence your reasoning can never be unbiased. Julius Berger is the biggest criminal in Nigeria used by politicians to siphon huge sums of money through contract inflation. I love Okorocha's ability to get the best at the lowest possible price and the gradual but steady improvement on the quality of construction.

in my previous post, i'd mention "in the capacity of julius berger" meaning "any" contractor that can deliver berger's standard of job. i was specific so your local content postulation is non existent and arguement irrelevant.

secondly, okorocha 5" block "standard" projects is an eyesore and shouldnt be public discourse. eastern palm university he did for himself with state fund is the only project that can receive attestable ratings. others oozing of frauds are example of old century relics.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 1:56pm On May 28, 2018
freshvine:

in my previous post, i'd mention "in the capacity of julius berger" meaning "any" contractor that can deliver berger's standard of job. i was specific so your local content postulation is non existent and arguement irrelevant.

secondly, okorocha 5" block "standard" projects is an eyesore and shouldnt be public discourse. eastern palm university he did for himself with state fund is the only project that can receive attestable ratings. others oozing of frauds are example of old century relics.

That's your view fuelled by hatred and means nothing to a loving heart like mine. I'm sure you are from the acclaimed land of hate.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 2:24pm On May 28, 2018
freshvine:

Why not start by telling us how things were before and show us example of the standard you are talking about that was built by past Governors. I will compliment your efforts by equally showing us the quality of ongoing and completed projects executed recently by Owelle.

Abagworo:

Thank you my brother but it's beyond hate but rather dangerous desire for power. They are paid urchins whose job is create false stories for their greedy masters against the people's HERO.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IgboDelta: 2:32pm On May 28, 2018
Okorocha Insist On Taxing Imolites, Gives More Details
06 May 2018

Despite the controversy raging in many quarters of Imo State based on the six million naira expected to be remitted to State Government as counterpart fund for development of the Communities, the Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has stressed that the three thousand naira levy is in line with the new Imo House of Assembly Law on Autonomous Communities for Development and not a contribution to State Government, as was being misconstrued in some quarters.
He made the clarification while addressing the State Chairmen and Local Government Chairmen of Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers at their Council Secretariats Owerri.
The Governor spelt out the Implication of non compliance by Communities, stressing that non adherence to the law would mean that those who are not able to provide three thousand leviable adults and their three thousand naira paid into the account of the Communities would be assumed to have lost the status of a Community.
According to him, the law is already in place, and that segment of the law was approved by De Sam Mbakwe in 1979 for the people to contribute money for rapid development, as all hands must be in deck to actualise this.
He urged the Traditional Rulers to explain this to their Colleagues and Wards that he intends to achieve this before the end of his Administration, pointing out that Imo State House of Assembly would oversee the take off of the Projects, which would be completed before the end of December this year.
Owelle Okorocha announced that the Projects have been segmented to be actualised in the first two hundred and fifteen small scale Industries, which would commence the implementation of one Community to one Factory Project of his administration.
He maintained that the Communities would provide six million naira from the three thousand naira levy to be paid by their three thousand taxable adults, while the State Government would provides a counterpart fund of four million naira for the Projects, which he said would bring rapid development to the Communities and create jobs for the Youths.
Responding, the Chairman Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers, Eze Samuel Ohiri assured the Governor of their commitment to the realisation of the Projects.
He assured the Governor that they have formed various Committees to that effect.
Present at the occasion was the Speaker, Imo State House of Assembly, Chief Acho Ihim who is expected to implement the procedure.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 4:25pm On May 28, 2018
Imo1stson:

Why not start by telling us how things were before and show us example of the standard you are talking about that was built by past Governors. I will compliment your efforts by equally showing us the quality of ongoing and completed projects executed recently by Owelle.

Thank you my brother but it's beyond hate but rather dangerous desire for power. They are paid urchins whose job is create false stories for their greedy masters against the people's HERO.

Hia hia. See intolerance, see parochialism.

Okorocha is your hero, undoubtedly, you are from Owerri. How ready are Owerri people to deliver Okorocha's choice to succeed him as governor?

Okorocha, for his selfish motives, uses funds meant for development of entire Imo state to balloon the development gap between Owerri and rest of Imo state, you don't see the dangers in that.

It's only a hate-filled and most intolerant dud who would be happy seeing his fellow citizens in other towns in his state languishing in unpaved, dusty, muddy and usually flooded streets, while he sings praises for a governor, who for his selfish motivations remains unshakable with his policy of creating inequality in his state.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 4:40pm On May 28, 2018
That Okigwe Stadium is spot on.

If Okorocha continues to recognize that development of Imo state must transcend Owerri, I am afraid, before long, another Prof. from Owerri shall write another article calling Okorocha a clown in Douglas House.

Early 2012 , a Prof from Owerri called Rochas Okorocha "A Clown in Douglas House" when Okorocha started to mow down the hills to build a dual carriageway to Akokwa from Orlu.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by meccuno: 5:49pm On May 28, 2018
so okigwe has a mall..........thats sweet
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by BreakupNigeria: 12:27pm On May 29, 2018
Nice development, Igboland is getting better by the day!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ozuru(m): 6:56pm On May 30, 2018
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 9:52am On May 31, 2018
A peep into Okigwe from the new Stadium point of view

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: SoNature(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.