Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2408729 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (1020) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 9:35pm On Jul 10, 2018
Abagworo:
New State high Court named after Chuwudifu Oputa has entered landscaping level.
This is what I call a project worth commissioning, not thoses statues.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2018
AKswift:
Those statues are one of the most visited edifices in Imo state by tourists.

8 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Rochas2023: 6:19am On Jul 11, 2018
AKswift:

If you c how many people all over the country that this statuses attract u will be amazed

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
I'll give Okorocha credit for carrying on the mantle of building tourism in Owerri. I think it's time for someone that can focus more on industry though
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 14, 2018
Rytegate seems up to something lately,

Here is another screenshots of on site exploits

Credit - rytegate.

Ndi imo, in the spirit of iberiberism, Ashim ma juo nnu, una daala iberibe? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 14, 2018
More,

Let's keep our fingers crossed, To see how it finally pans out.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
More,

Where is this located in Owerri?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 14, 2018
B2mario:

Specifications of location was undisclosed for the umpteenth time.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
More,

what is it that is being built here?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by mandax: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2018
Abagworo:
Roofing work ongoing at Okigwe new Stadium

Abagworo,

if most apolitical Governor Rochas Okorocha likes, let him build another stadium in Okigwe without one in Orlu, he is advertising his begrudged mind; equally most apolitical promoter, Abagworo, thinks he is doing Okorocha a favour.

Who is the governor in his right senses would build a stadium in Okigwe without having one in Orlu?
Who is the governor in his right senses would have this level of disdain for an area that made him governor, the level of disdain Okorocha has for Orlu which made him governor

Who is the governor in his correct senses who would dismantle the roofs of this Orlu stadium that hosted international competition, a stadium built by a reputable stadium construction firm, VAST, without first building a substitute?

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2018
B2mario:

Not in Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2018
Airport is being rounded up with lanscaping and finishing touches. By the time Okorocha will be leaving in May 2019 all these projects will be sparkling and most strategic is this perishables cargo warehouses. Many people are yet to appreciate how revolutionary this will be for Imo State, Southeast and Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 5:40am On Jul 16, 2018
Abagworo:
Airport is being rounded up with lanscaping and finishing touches. By the time Okorocha will be leaving in May 2019 all these projects will be sparkling and most strategic is this perishables cargo warehouses. Many people are yet to appreciate how revolutionary this will be for Imo State, Southeast and Nigeria.
I hope this clicks and not end up as another white elephant project. Imo state isn't know for trade or even agriculture so I wonder how we would be able to exploit this facility.
Just hope that the project causes agriculture and commerce to increase inthe state.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 9:45am On Jul 16, 2018
Incredibleme:

I hope this clicks and not end up as another white elephant project. Imo state isn't know for trade or even agriculture so I wonder how we would be able to exploit this facility.
Just hope that the project causes agriculture and commerce to increase inthe state.

Must you people always make negative remarks?

If Imo State isn't known for commerce, how about Abia State, Imo's next-door neighbor?

And what makes you think that Frank Nneji of ABC, who has bought a significant share of automaker ANAMMCO, cannot bring about industrial revolution in Imo if he wins in 2019?

Besides, everything is about planning. That project is futuristic. Nigeria is a failed state today because Nigerian leaders don't plan for tomorrow unlike what happens overseas
Nawa for una oh
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2018
Incredibleme:

If Imo state doesn't export anything, at least Anambra will make use of the port to export vegetables rather than take them to Lagos airport for exportation to UK. Onitsha and Aba traders can also make use of the port for importation of shoe and cloth making materials.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Izumarock70(m): 11:16am On Jul 16, 2018
I have been on ghost mode on this thread for a very long time and it is time to speak.

First I'm a native of the state, Umunoha Mbaitoli to be precise. Am not a politician neither do I support any political party but a proud Imolite.

I want to say that Rochas has really tried in making Owerri conducive in terms of development. The last time I went home, I couldn't believe my eyes. If not that am a native I would have missed my way home.

Notwithstanding, I have some disaffection in some of the project he did. The low quality of work speaks volume. The MCC road that have been scrapped by the sides remains so and their was no work going on which suggests it has been abandoned.

Again, the Douglas road that I taught we be reconstructed after demolition of Eke Ukwu market remains same filled with diets and rubbish which does not speak well for my dear state capital.

Conclusion, if Rochas will henceforth do a quality work on Owerri then it means he has written his name as successful state Governor and will be accorded with a statue.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by RareDiamonds: 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
10,000 Applications Flood Innoson Motors Job Recruitment Exercise in 24 hours
by MIKE OCHONMA
March 28, 2018 | 12:55 am

An estimated 10,000 applications was received less than 24 hours by Innoson Vehicle Manufacturers (IVM) following an announcement by the local assembler to employ 3000 Nigerians by the end of the year.
The astronomical surge in the number of applications received by the local auto maker forced the management to abruptly shut down the job recruitment exercise official website which was supposed to be open to prospective job seekers till April 6, 2018.
Innoson had in a statement on its official Twitter handle last Monday said the board of directors of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited approved the recruitment exercise as it plans the expansion of its factory in Nnewi, the second largest city in Anambra state.
Cornel Osigwe, Head Corporate Communications, Innoson group, said during a telephone chat with BusinessDay on Tuesday disclosed that that the first batch of new intake will see the employment of 1007 workers in April 2018.
The company listed positions needed as follows welding engineers, automotive painters, plasterers and auto electricians. Other job vacancies exist for mechanical engineers, administration, account and public relations and quality control officers including marketing executives.
According to the image maker of Innoson group, in order to contribute towards the success of Nigeria’s automotive industrial development agenda, the company has also acquired 100,000 square meters of land on the outskirts of Owerri, the Imo State capital near the airport.
He stated that as part of it expansion drive which will facilitate the creation of thousands of skilled and unskilled jobs in the state and its environs, the Innoson auto assembly plant in Owerri will have the capacity to assemble 60,000 vehicles a year.

In an email sent to our reporter on Tuesday, Luqman Mamudu, retired director in charge of policy and planning said that the automotive policy was designed to anticipate such expansion and a program for support is inbuilt in the relationship between NADDC and BOI.
According to him, “There is no better evidence than this that the Nigerian automotive program is working. Innoson has enjoyed considerable patronage as it continuously improves on quality. This employment is one of the automotive program objectives. The good thing is that innoson operates at the CKD level. Others plants are poised to follow. The industry will experience upsurge in demand by the time the automotive credit purchase scheme is realized.’’
Recall that early this year, the Nigerian Army went into partnership with IVM to conceptualize, design, modify and produce armoured fighting vehicles and other military hardware.
At a meeting between Tukur Buratai, the chief of army staff, and Innocent Chukwuma, chairman and chief executive of Innoson Vehicles Manufacturing Company Limited, the army chief said that the essence of the meeting was to further formalize the business relationship between the Nigerian Army and IVM. The Army acquired over 70 more variants of the Innoson vehicles which were deployed in the North East for Operation Lafiya Dole.
Other specific areas of partnership between the Nigerian Army and the company include; immediate supply 100 vehicles, supply of appropriate gears, engines and chassis required for immediate modifications and repairs of armoured fighting vehicles in the North East Theatre of Operations.
In 2016, Innoson signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Nigerian Air Force for the development and promotion of joint activities to sustain the maintenance of the Nigerian Air Force Air Assets and other associated Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) to enable the Nigerian Air Force to continuously carry out its constitutional obligations to the nation.

https://www.businessdayonline.com/exclusives/article/10000-applications-flood-innoson-motors-job-recruitment-exercise-24-hours/

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
Incredibleme:

no people can survive without commerce, you're not saying something that makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
Abagworo:

this is another project I appreciate from Rochas.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2018
RareDiamonds:
10,000 Applications Flood Innoson Motors Job Recruitment Exercise in 24 hours
by MIKE OCHONMA
March 28, 2018 | 12:55 am

An estimated 10,000 applications was received less than 24 hours by Innoson Vehicle Manufacturers (IVM) following an announcement by the local assembler to employ 3000 Nigerians by the end of the year.
The astronomical surge in the number of applications received by the local auto maker forced the management to abruptly shut down the job recruitment exercise official website which was supposed to be open to prospective job seekers till April 6, 2018.
Innoson had in a statement on its official Twitter handle last Monday said the board of directors of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited approved the recruitment exercise as it plans the expansion of its factory in Nnewi, the second largest city in Anambra state.
Cornel Osigwe, Head Corporate Communications, Innoson group, said during a telephone chat with BusinessDay on Tuesday disclosed that that the first batch of new intake will see the employment of 1007 workers in April 2018.
The company listed positions needed as follows welding engineers, automotive painters, plasterers and auto electricians. Other job vacancies exist for mechanical engineers, administration, account and public relations and quality control officers including marketing executives.
According to the image maker of Innoson group, in order to contribute towards the success of Nigeria’s automotive industrial development agenda, the company has also acquired 100,000 square meters of land on the outskirts of Owerri, the Imo State capital near the airport.
He stated that as part of it expansion drive which will facilitate the creation of thousands of skilled and unskilled jobs in the state and its environs, the Innoson auto assembly plant in Owerri will have the capacity to assemble 60,000 vehicles a year.

In an email sent to our reporter on Tuesday, Luqman Mamudu, retired director in charge of policy and planning said that the automotive policy was designed to anticipate such expansion and a program for support is inbuilt in the relationship between NADDC and BOI.
According to him, “There is no better evidence than this that the Nigerian automotive program is working. Innoson has enjoyed considerable patronage as it continuously improves on quality. This employment is one of the automotive program objectives. The good thing is that innoson operates at the CKD level. Others plants are poised to follow. The industry will experience upsurge in demand by the time the automotive credit purchase scheme is realized.’’
Recall that early this year, the Nigerian Army went into partnership with IVM to conceptualize, design, modify and produce armoured fighting vehicles and other military hardware.
At a meeting between Tukur Buratai, the chief of army staff, and Innocent Chukwuma, chairman and chief executive of Innoson Vehicles Manufacturing Company Limited, the army chief said that the essence of the meeting was to further formalize the business relationship between the Nigerian Army and IVM. The Army acquired over 70 more variants of the Innoson vehicles which were deployed in the North East for Operation Lafiya Dole.
Other specific areas of partnership between the Nigerian Army and the company include; immediate supply 100 vehicles, supply of appropriate gears, engines and chassis required for immediate modifications and repairs of armoured fighting vehicles in the North East Theatre of Operations.
In 2016, Innoson signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Nigerian Air Force for the development and promotion of joint activities to sustain the maintenance of the Nigerian Air Force Air Assets and other associated Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) to enable the Nigerian Air Force to continuously carry out its constitutional obligations to the nation.

https://www.businessdayonline.com/exclusives/article/10000-applications-flood-innoson-motors-job-recruitment-exercise-24-hours/
nice if it comes to fruition

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

no people can survive without commerce, you're not saying something that makes sense.
Or rather you lack sense if you didn't realize that i said i hope the project helps improve on trade activities.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Incredibleme: 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
For all you quoting me without reading and comprehending my reply need to check yourselves. I said, Imo isn't known trade or high volume commerce, hence I wonder if this project is meant for Imo state residents or for a larger audience. My wish is that it doesn't end up was an inviable project and the residents take advantage of it, I'm not being negative neither am I not considering the future.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
You're right, I didn't read carefully, my apologies
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2018
Abagworo, what does the government have planned for industrialization. Or is that being left for the next administration?
Also, a rail to Umuahia is life or death for Owerri. Has the possibility of this been discussed?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Xander85: 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2018
asha80:
nice if it comes to fruition

Cautious optimism. grin

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
Abagworo, what does the government have planned for industrialization. Or is that being left for the next administration?
Also, a rail to Umuahia is life or death for Owerri. Has the possibility of this discussed?

As bad as it may sound, that is the way it is. Okorocha openly said during his media chat this year that the work of the next administration will be to bring in factories into the state while he will try to complete the ongoing projects before the end of his tenure and construct new 290 secondary schools before may 29, 2019.
As for the rail line, consider that one dead on arrival because, he did not even mention anything that sounds like train talkless of railway or rail line to any city.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Ofodirinwa: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

As bad as it may sound, that is the way it is. Okorocha openly said during his media chat this year that the work of the next administration will be to bring in factories into the state while he will try to complete the ongoing projects before the end of his tenure and construct new 290 secondary schools before may 29, 2019.
As for the rail line, consider that one dead on arrival because, he did not even mention anything that sounds like train talkless of railway or rail line to any city.

lol. I'm staunchly against Okorocha and the continuation of whatever he believes he's doing in Imo through his rent seeking son in law, but I can appreciate the project so far. With this country you can only be happy to have received something because most others are getting nothing at all. Rochas' level of thinking is far below understanding the importance of a rail link to Umuahia. It is the single most important project of our lifetimes but we don't have a crop of leaders that understand this because they're not trained to do what they're doing.

If the next admin will handle industry so be it. Okorocha has done a decent job for the tourism industry though he's only piggybacking on what Ohakim started before him.

Importance of a Rail Link to Umuahia

In order for Imo to be a producing state, it must have access to the world's markets. Meaning someone from the US has to be able to say 'I want my company's clothes made in Imo' and this will be a realistic and feasible possibility. Otherwise, the state is a non-starter and will remain so. Anambra has Onitsha because it touches the Niger River. They have access to the world. Enugu has Enugu city becaues it's connected by rail. Aba was entirely created by the presence of rail as was Umuahia. This allows these places to produce and be able to send their products anywhere in the world. It allows industries of scale (refineries, heavy industry, distribution) to comfortable set up shop in your city.

Owerri is doing well with tourism, but tourism is a temperamental industry, and can easily fall, victim to bad news (increase kidnapping, insecurity etc). It's not wise to have as a basis of your economy as we see in Owerri. I know this level of foresight is rare in Africa but it can cause a major crisis if we don't diversify now.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Xander85: 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2018
Abagworo:
This judiciary complex will be the largest and most up to date in Nigeria.

This is impressive!
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2018
Egbema power plant?
Egbema power plant?
Egbema power plant?
Egbema power plant?
Egbema power plant?
Egbema power plant?
Egbema power plant?
Egbema power plant?
Egbema power plant?

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 16, 2018
SoNature:

Yesterday's news said he's owing June salary only. People’s salaries should be paid.

Again, Rochas is a typical Nigerian politician, so you don't believe everything they say. Take, for instance, he made pensioners sign an agreement that would see them accept a particular percentage of their pensions while they forfeit the rest. Now, that's evil!

The centenary towers were abandoned at some point - just as he abandoned most of the gigantic hospital projects he initiated.

My major concern is that Rochas will be leaving Imo State with lots of uncompleted projects on May 29th, meaning wasted state resources
Orlu enjoyed massively during Okorocha’s first tenure but failed to cast her vote for him in his 2nd tenure. Areas like Mbaise and Orlu (Orsu, Oru West, Nkwerre, Isu, Oguta) seems to be neglected by Okorocha because of how they supported Ihedioha. Okigwe zone, Owerri and other L.G.A’s who stood for Rochas in his 2nd term campaign are those enjoying the largesse of the state. Common sense should tell you that Okorocha is on a revenge mission. So no need crying over split milk, instead cast your vote for candidates that will repair the neglected infrastructures in Orlu come 2019.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 3:28am On Jul 17, 2018
Izumarock70:
I have been on ghost mode on this thread for a very long time and it is time to speak.

First I'm a native of the state, Umunoha Mbaitoli to be precise. Am not a politician neither do I support any political party but a proud Imolite.

I want to say that Rochas has really tried in making Owerri conducive in terms of development. The last time I went home, I couldn't believe my eyes. If not that am a native I would have missed my way home.

Notwithstanding, I have some disaffection in some of the project he did. The low quality of work speaks volume. The MCC road that have been scrapped by the sides remains so and their was no work going on which suggests it has been abandoned.

Again, the Douglas road that I taught we be reconstructed after demolition of Eke Ukwu market remains same filled with diets and rubbish which does not speak well for my dear state capital.

Conclusion, if Rochas will henceforth do a quality work on Owerri then it means he has written his name as successful state Governor and will be accorded with a statue.

For you, Imo state is Owerri, abi?
Your comment above is another of those comments from a most parochial persons.
If you had remained on your ghost mode, instead...

A few months from now, we shall recover Imo state from Rocha Okorocha with whom you suffer same obsession about state capital being all there should be for a governor to develop in a state.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (1020) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.