Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters (35952 Views)

Bayelsa Election: Jonathan Battles To Save Face - Vanguard / Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press / Patience Jonathan Battles Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
floriana: Its getting interesting.
1. Rest
2. Food poisoning
3. Ruptured appendicitis
4. Tummy tuck
5. Full body work
6. Fibroids removal
7. And now Parkinson disease
We hope this ends well. All these were also discovered by the same saharareporters.

Me sef I taya o embarassed
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by qualified(f): 12:15am On Sep 28, 2012
Pataki: When our foolish president cannot explicitly state what is wrong with his wife to the people who voted him in, please allow all sorts of medical reports to be stated about her.

Whether SaharaReporters is right or wrong here is not my bone of contention. My bone of contention lies in an idiotic president who chooses to tell lies to his people about his wife's predicament and condition.

As I once said, so I still maintain: Rest in Pieces, Patience. The blood of innocent poor Nigerians that you and your husband have shed will cry out for justice.

hm, must u show d whole world how poor n frustrated u are?

Why wish a fellow human being dead? Judge not, that u be not judged! How have u being treating people around u?

Plss leave judgment for God.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by putro(m): 12:20am On Sep 28, 2012
1. Rest
2. Food poisoning
3. Ruptured appendicitis
4. Tummy tuck
5. Full body work
6. Fibroids removal
We hope this ends well. All these were also discovered by the same saharareporters.
And don't you think when God is at work to punish the wicked, he can afflict her with all these diseases and more.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by BusHouse(m): 12:29am On Sep 28, 2012
ojotask: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease
By SaharaReporters, New York
Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan, is battling an onset of Parkinson’s disease that has complicated her recovery from a surgical procedure in Germany, several reliable sources have disclosed to SaharaReporters.

SaharaReporters broke the news that Mrs. Jonathan was flown to a hospital in Wiesbaden, Germany close to a month ago to undergo emergency treatment after a botched procedure in Dubai.

In interviews with three sources familiar with Mrs. Jonathan’s health status, SaharaReporters learnt that the Nigerian president’s wife is beset by Parkinson’s disease, a degenerative syndrome. The disease is a progressive disorder of the nervous system. A medical source described it as “a fairly common disorder that occasions degeneration of the nervous system.” The source added that the disease leads to “progressive impairment and disorder of movement.” An online medical site notes that Parkinson’s “is characterized by progressive loss of muscle control, which leads to trembling of the limbs and head while at rest, stiffness, slowness, and impaired balance. As symptoms worsen, it may become difficult to walk, talk, and complete simple tasks.”

The bombshell revelation about the First Lady’s medical woes was first made by a source familiar with Mrs. Jonathan’s previous secret treatments in Spain and Italy. The source disclosed that Mrs. Jonathan had battled Parkinson’s for some years now. In addition, doctors had advised her to “do something urgent about her morbid body mass index (BMI),” said the source. She added that Mrs. Jonathan had indeed considered undergoing the kind of tummy tuck procedure that former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha once had.

Two other sources close to the Jonathans confirmed that the First Lady has been dogged by Parkinson’s. One said the disease was largely responsible for her clumsiness, drawling speech and slow movement at public events. He added that Mrs. Jonathan has been suffering serious trembling in the left hand. “That’s why she always uses her right to hold the microphone when speaking at public events,” the source revealed. Mrs. Jonathan also reportedly is affected by stiffness of the limbs and trunk which affects her movement.

A news staffer at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) told SaharaReporters that Mrs. Jonathan’s aides warned reporters covering her never to film her beyond her waist. “Her senior personal assistant told the crew covering her long ago: ‘Don’t ever film Madam’s waist. Show her face only.’ That’s been the code at NTA.”

Two of our sources stated that Mrs. Jonathan had made efforts to slow the disease that had started to ravage her. “She has been visiting a health farm in Italy on a regular basis since 2010,” one source revealed. “To alleviate her pain, she has been taking her medication religiously.”

A friend of Mrs. Jonathan’s said that the First Lady’s health maladies include anxiety, occasional memory loss and disorientation. In addition, her blood pressure often rises to dangerous levels, forcing her to take a cocktail of anti-hypertensive drugs.

Also, our sources said that some officials attached to the First Lady’s office described her as constantly depressed, prone to snapping at people at the slightest provocation. “The First Lady can just get angry at the slightest provocation and rain abuses at anybody in sight,” he said.

As happened during the health crisis of the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, the Nigerian Presidency’s reaction to Mrs. Jonathan’s health condition is to be mum. When SaharaReporters contacted a senior aide of President Jonathan on the matter of the First Lady’s illness, he sharply said, “I’m not saying anything. And please don’t mention that you spoke to me.” SaharaReporters learnt that officials of the Presidency are under a virtual oath of secrecy on the issue of Mrs. Jonathan’s health crisis.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/patience-jonathan-battles-parkinson%E2%80%99s-disease
Was she a boxer bèfore? *just asking*
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by putro(m): 12:31am On Sep 28, 2012
DICKtator:

Is it Patience you voted for?All those american President you listed were voted into office Where in the constitution of Nigeria is the provision of Office of the first lady. The bizness of his wife is his private bizness. What should be our major concern is whether GEJ would be able to concentrate on his job without the issue of his wife's health affecting his work.

On the sunnyside, this your "amebo" enter first-class!!!!
grin grin grin grin
youForgot she.'s a permanent secretary in bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by EreluY(f): 12:34am On Sep 28, 2012
O MA SE OOOO. UHMN.

WHEN A COUPLE ENTERS ASO ROCK AS ITS CHIEF OCCUPANTS, ONLY ONE RETURNS HOME. JONATHAN DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT.
MR AND MRS ABACHA = MRS RETURNED HOME ALONE
MR AND MRS OBASANJO = MR OBASANJO RETURNED HOME ALONE
MR AND MRS YARADUA = MRS YARADUA RETURNED HOME ALONE
MR AND MRS JONATHAN = WAIT AND SEE.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Decryptor(m): 12:45am On Sep 28, 2012
1. Rest
2. Food poisoning
3. Ruptured appendicitis
4. Tummy tuck
5. Full body work
6. Fibroids removal
Very soon, AIDS fit join list
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by cap28: 12:46am On Sep 28, 2012
nigerians are the only people I know who pray for people who don't give a sh.it about them - what has patience jonathan ever done for any of you? A woman who looted her state's treasury like there was no tomorrow, who couldnt give a damn about any of you is the person you are falling over each other to pray for and express worry over, you people are really pathetic and deserve the suffering you are going through. Its obvious Goodluck is up to something - why the big secret about the state of her health.

Anyway whatever it is that they are hiding will come out into the open sooner or later.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by parryon(f): 12:53am On Sep 28, 2012
oradee:

clown,was cancer common in Nigeria?
If one in a hundred suffers from parkinson,does that mean that 1 cant be Dame? just pray for her...

Prayer!prayer!!prayer!!!! Every comment here is 'pray for the first lady to recover' and am saying "what is the prayer point if I may ask? For pete sake,the presidency issued a statement saying she is resting,so why pray for someone who is 'resting?

Please let not crucify sahara reporters yet.......after all it through them we got to know the Dame is sick and let's not forget in a hurry that they were the first to report yaradua's death when N.T.A was busy keeping it secret from the rest of d populace.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by chopsyray(m): 1:28am On Sep 28, 2012
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Tinyemeka(m): 1:31am On Sep 28, 2012
ojotask:
Jonathan had battled Parkinson’s for some years now. In addition, doctors had advised her to “do something urgent about her morbid body mass index (BMI),” said the source. She added that Mrs. Jonathan had indeed considered undergoing the kind of tummy tuck procedure that former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha once had.

Two other sources close to the Jonathans confirmed that the First Lady has been dogged by Parkinson’s. One said the disease was largely responsible for her clumsiness, drawling speech and slow movement at public events. He added that Mrs. Jonathan has been suffering serious trembling in the left hand. “That’s why she always uses her right to hold the microphone when speaking at public events,” the source revealed. Mrs. Jonathan also reportedly is affected by stiffness of the limbs and trunk which affects her movement.

A news staffer at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) told SaharaReporters that Mrs. Jonathan’s aides warned reporters covering her never to film her beyond her waist. “Her senior personal assistant told the crew covering her long ago: ‘Don’t ever film Madam’s waist. Show her face only.’ That’s been the code at NTA.”

Two of our sources stated that Mrs. Jonathan had made efforts to slow the disease that had started to ravage her. “She has been visiting a health farm in Italy on a regular basis since 2010,” one source revealed. “To alleviate her pain, she has been taking her medication religiously.”

A friend of Mrs. Jonathan’s said that the First Lady’s health maladies include anxiety, occasional memory loss and disorientation. In addition, her blood pressure often rises to dangerous levels, forcing her to take a cocktail of anti-hypertensive drugs.

Now this is downright insulting and immoral. I've lost whatever iota of recognition I may have had for Sahara Reporters.

Their articles have long since crossed the line of cheap propaganda.

A gossip soft-sell would have told this story better. sad

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Tinyemeka(m): 1:41am On Sep 28, 2012
nenepea:
Sir/madam please cover your face in SHAME. You forget that FOI is in operation.

What has that act got to do with an individual's right to privacy and confidentiality of medical history? Did any court summon the hospital to publish her health status?

SMH.

The way some people reason at times. sad

There is this thing about negativity, cause and effects. Tomorrow people would experience troubles right, left and centre, not knowing that they are the architect of their problems.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by SPIFF(m): 5:51am On Sep 28, 2012
Dame Patience Jonathan spoke yesterday concerning her health condition in Germany: " I feel great b'cos I've been Resting In Peace on my hospital bed. I'm happy the Doctors and Nurses are responding to treatment".
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by 2sexy(m): 7:15am On Sep 28, 2012
FISAYOADEX: You are very stupid for vomiting all this junk about the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. God will judge every idle words.
and what will God do to same Jonathan who said 'He does not give damn and that terrorism or bomb explosion happens everywhere'? What has he done since he became president? You better be thankful to your own God that you are still alive.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Olushyna: 7:18am On Sep 28, 2012
For d people dat are criticizing GEJ 4 not disclosing d health status of his wife, ask urself dis question and answer it. If i happen to be GEJ will i expose my wife to d public? Leave dis woman alone for goodness sake. Sahara reporter, no right thinking person wil believe u again on dis issue.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by 2sexy(m): 7:25am On Sep 28, 2012
Tinyemeka:

Now this is downright insulting and immoral. I've lost whatever iota of recognition I may have had for Sahara Reporters.

Their articles have long since crossed the line of cheap propaganda.

A gossip soft-sell would have told this story better. sad
True, but why is just appendis taking so long to recover from? At least let's used that since every othe newspaper had it in their Headline.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Demdem(m): 8:02am On Sep 28, 2012
tpapi: u r a pig n stil a patriotic hypocrite

Fool. The retardeeness will live long whether u like it or not.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 28, 2012
what goes around comes around!. . . . . .the same ebere who played the innocent guy when yar adua's health issue was shrouded in mystery now supervises the secrecy around the "english lecturer's" illness!
where is asari?
where is clark?
where is dora?
why are they not spitting fire now for nigerians to know the status of her health?

HAIL NIGERIA! WHEN IT HAPPENS TO ME IT'S NOT A CRIME, BUT WHEN IT HAPPENS TO OTHERS IT IS A CRIME!

R.I.P YAR'ADUA, IN THEIR OWN COINS WILL THEY BE PAID!!!

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by anyerhovwo(f): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2012
This is so sad, may GOD grant her speed recovery

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by 2sexy(m): 9:03am On Sep 28, 2012
anyerhovwo: This is so sad, may GOD grant her speed recovery
pray pray pray... As If prayer will solve Nigeria's problem where human effort could easily do. You think God is silly?
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by IYANGBALI: 10:20am On Sep 28, 2012
2sexy: pray pray pray... As If prayer will solve Nigeria's problem where human effort could easily do. You think God is silly?
good question
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Obinoscopy(m): 10:31am On Sep 28, 2012
mo wapa:

Do you think her husband salary can pay for the hospitalization?..it's Nigeria money footing her bill.hence can't ask for privacy.

I agree with you that we Nigerians need to know how our first lady is faring. However my concern is the numerous heresays some of which are obviously false
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by mygee33(m): 10:38am On Sep 28, 2012
We should be praying for our 1st Lady.....
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Demdem(m): 10:55am On Sep 28, 2012
Obinoscopy:

I agree with you that we Nigerians need to know how our first lady is faring. However my concern is the numerous heresays some of which are obviously false

If the presidency had been truthful from the beginning, do u think what u said would have happened?
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Sylverbox(m): 10:56am On Sep 28, 2012
These Sahara reporters must hav their antennas in deserts cos of their Thirst 4 Bad news...Now TB Joshua will take it 4rm there....
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by luluosas(m): 11:44am On Sep 28, 2012
Abagworo: If she's sick and so what? This sahara reporters is wicked and making mockery of a sick person. I say to the owner or editor of sahara reporters "may what you make ridicule of others befall you a dozen folds". They made mockery of Yar'Aduas sickness and death and now they are doing same to our 1st lady. Wicked and unpatriotic people looking for cheap popularity.
If and only you realised that, public money are used to settle her medical bills, you wouldn't have open to your wide mouth like this.
By the way, Sahara Reporters were already popular before Mrs. Jonathan ever came to limelight. Therefore, your rantings is inconsequential.
However, I wish her quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Olaolufred(m): 11:49am On Sep 28, 2012
chioma134: Sahara reporters=rumour mongers. They should leave the president and his family alone. Patience is entitled to her privacy and the state of her health is not our business. She was not elected into office, so is not obliged to disclose her health status to anyone.

But she can use tax payers money on jamborees and Rendevous round the Earth.
Two Presidential jets fuelled by Nigerians + free everything.
Incredible.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by tnktosin(m): 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
Just like gej, "I don't give a damn" abt d 1st lady's state of health.....but for crying out loud, we're told she's resting in Germany. As far as am concerned d president's wife is well, at least till the presidency says otherwise. time will tell.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by montili(f): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
Billyonaire: Sahara Reporters has wished our First Lady more than 7 different sicknesses and all of them, FROM RELIABLE SOURCES....lol

I thought i was the only one who noticed that they have so many SOURCES, probably even on their payroll. Yeye sources reporters
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by kosiobabiolorun: 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
O lord heal her from all sicknesses and forgive her all her iniquity, we are pleading as a nation. God of Elijah, protect her and let her live long
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by blackbeau1(f): 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
Sahara reporters,we hail thee oh.very soon ,they will tell us she died in germany but was resurrected in sahara desert.what has food poisoning hot to do wiv parkinsons? Btw,parkinsons isn't restricted to sporters.anyone can suffer from parkinsons
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Ilekokonit: 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
cap28
nigerians are the only people I know who pray for people who don't give a sh.it about them - what has patience jonathan ever done for any of you? A woman who looted her state's treasury like there was no tomorrow, who couldnt give a damn about any of you is the person you are falling over each other to pray for and express worry over, you people are really pathetic and deserve the suffering you are going through. Its obvious Goodluck is up to something - why the big secret about the state of her health.
Anyway whatever it is that they are hiding will come out into the open sooner or later.

Come to think of it, the article stated that she was battling depression as well. So, given that Largactil is used to treat depression and that some Naija Doctors are prone to giving drug overdose plus the fact that an overdose of Largactil will lead to the patient displaying the same symptoms of Parkinsons (trembling hands and feet and total lack of co-ordination of body movement) THEN its either a case of 4 things :-
1) She had Parkinsons in her all along which is doubtful going by her videos on youtube
OR
2) The Naija Doctors "accidentally", "carelessly" or "deliberately" gave her an overdose of Largactil (in which case a spinal tap and CSF analysis will reveal Largactil overdose as the culprit and then the "artificially induced" Parkinsons can be corrected with drugs that counter the effects of the Largactil overdose)
OR
3) The CIC is fed up of her cantankerous behaviour (both in private and in public) and wanted to calm her down or teach her a lesson.
OR
4) She is going through a serious episode of depression and our CIC through illiteracy is "ashamed" of this fact and chooses to hide the fact from us not knowing that depression is a "treatable" common illness the world over and nothing to be ashamed of.

Whatever the case maybe, the truth will surface very soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers / Accident: An Assassination Attempt Against Oshiomhole - Victor Oshioke / Spray Naira Notes, Go To Jail - CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.