Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters (35969 Views)

Bayelsa Election: Jonathan Battles To Save Face - Vanguard / Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press / Patience Jonathan Battles Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by muyenmuyen: 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2012
l hope all would be well at d end of all these diseases holding our first lady. is there no balm in gelea?then why is the health of our ist lady not recovered? where are our traditional doctors? does is means no solution at all? where are our pastors? what do they do to help this woman?
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Operalex: 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
ojotask: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease
By SaharaReporters, New York
Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan, is battling an onset of Parkinson’s disease that has complicated her recovery from a surgical procedure in Germany, several reliable sources have disclosed to SaharaReporters.

SaharaReporters broke the news that Mrs. Jonathan was flown to a hospital in Wiesbaden, Germany close to a month ago to undergo emergency treatment after a botched procedure in Dubai.

In interviews with three sources familiar with Mrs. Jonathan’s health status, SaharaReporters learnt that the Nigerian president’s wife is beset by Parkinson’s disease, a degenerative syndrome. The disease is a progressive disorder of the nervous system. A medical source described it as “a fairly common disorder that occasions degeneration of the nervous system.” The source added that the disease leads to “progressive impairment and disorder of movement.” An online medical site notes that Parkinson’s “is characterized by progressive loss of muscle control, which leads to trembling of the limbs and head while at rest, stiffness, slowness, and impaired balance. As symptoms worsen, it may become difficult to walk, talk, and complete simple tasks.”

The bombshell revelation about the First Lady’s medical woes was first made by a source familiar with Mrs. Jonathan’s previous secret treatments in Spain and Italy. The source disclosed that Mrs. Jonathan had battled Parkinson’s for some years now. In addition, doctors had advised her to “do something urgent about her morbid body mass index (BMI),” said the source. She added that Mrs. Jonathan had indeed considered undergoing the kind of tummy tuck procedure that former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha once had.

Two other sources close to the Jonathans confirmed that the First Lady has been dogged by Parkinson’s. One said the disease was largely responsible for her clumsiness, drawling speech and slow movement at public events. He added that Mrs. Jonathan has been suffering serious trembling in the left hand. “That’s why she always uses her right to hold the microphone when speaking at public events,” the source revealed. Mrs. Jonathan also reportedly is affected by stiffness of the limbs and trunk which affects her movement.

A news staffer at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) told SaharaReporters that Mrs. Jonathan’s aides warned reporters covering her never to film her beyond her waist. “Her senior personal assistant told the crew covering her long ago: ‘Don’t ever film Madam’s waist. Show her face only.’ That’s been the code at NTA.”

Two of our sources stated that Mrs. Jonathan had made efforts to slow the disease that had started to ravage her. “She has been visiting a health farm in Italy on a regular basis since 2010,” one source revealed. “To alleviate her pain, she has been taking her medication religiously.”

A friend of Mrs. Jonathan’s said that the First Lady’s health maladies include anxiety, occasional memory loss and disorientation. In addition, her blood pressure often rises to dangerous levels, forcing her to take a cocktail of anti-hypertensive drugs.

Also, our sources said that some officials attached to the First Lady’s office described her as constantly depressed, prone to snapping at people at the slightest provocation. “The First Lady can just get angry at the slightest provocation and rain abuses at anybody in sight,” he said.

As happened during the health crisis of the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, the Nigerian Presidency’s reaction to Mrs. Jonathan’s health condition is to be mum. When SaharaReporters contacted a senior aide of President Jonathan on the matter of the First Lady’s illness, he sharply said, “I’m not saying anything. And please don’t mention that you spoke to me.” SaharaReporters learnt that officials of the Presidency are under a virtual oath of secrecy on the issue of Mrs. Jonathan’s health crisis.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/patience-jonathan-battles-parkinson%E2%80%99s-disease
Honestly, there is nothing that can be hidden in this world except you are being respected. May God heal her
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by iaindabawa(m): 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
So it's not only the yar'adua's cabal that were secretive about their boss health status.
Now it's only the first lady that is sick,but even the president for over a month is yet to admit publicly his wife is in hospital.
Welcome to the world of the Jonathan's cabal.
Turai will certainly be bemused by all this

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by nenepea(f): 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2012
Abagworo: If she's sick and so what? This sahara reporters is wicked and making mockery of a sick person. I say to the owner or editor of sahara reporters "may what you make ridicule of others befall you a dozen folds". They made mockery of Yar'Aduas sickness and death and now they are doing same to our 1st lady. Wicked and unpatriotic people looking for cheap popularity.
Sir/madam please cover your face in SHAME. You forget that FOI is in operation.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
ndu_chucks: We have a right to know what is happening to our dear First Lady. The President needs to tell us the truth and not make this another Yar'Adua type imbroglio. May Allah/God heal her swiftly.
Prof Prof, is dis uuuu?
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by FISAYOADEX(m): 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2012
Pataki: When our foolish president cannot explicitly state what is wrong with his wife to the people who voted him in, please allow all sorts of medical reports to be stated about her.

Whether SaharaReporters is right or wrong here is not my bone of contention. My bone of contention lies in an idiotic president who chooses to tell lies to his people about his wife's predicament and condition.

As I once said, so I still maintain: Rest in Pieces, Patience. The blood of innocent poor Nigerians that you and your husband have shed will cry out for justice.
You are very stupid for vomiting all this junk about the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. God will judge every idle words.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2012
And why is d presidency being secretive abt d firstlady's health status na?? Pls talk 2 us so dat Naija can pray 2geda wit one voice... I pray she recovers asap
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Kachi188(m): 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2012
Information abt d state of health of d 1st last is strictly 'need to know'. If her immediate family has decided not to share dat info, i dnt see anytin wrong, afterall, they aren't breaking any laws by doing so..
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by amanambuchinas: 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]God pls heal her for us cos we love her so much. Mrs dame I command u to be healed in jesus name.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Frizy(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
muyenmuyen: l hope all would be well at d end of all these diseases holding our first lady. is there no balm in gelea?then why is the health of our ist lady not recovered? where are our traditional doctors? does is means no solution at all? where are our pastors? what do they do to help this woman?

So far, there is no cure to Parkinson. Although Google co-founder Sergey Brin, is spending a lot of money on research to reduce how the disease manifest itself along with some other Pharamaceutical companies. That guy went for a DNA test and they detected he has the gene with Parkinson, which he inherited from his mum. Right now he doesn't have it yet, but with age, it will manifest. He has spent about $100 million or even more on the research. So that the medication for Parkinson can reduce the effect it has on sufferers.

I don't know why it is only Nigeria, everybody has the belief that once someone suffers from an illness or disease that may not be common, the answer is witch doctor, babalawo, Imam or Pastor.

We cannot develop as a nation if our mindsets are still like this. White people suffer from Parkinson, Red or Asian also suffer, so do blacks.

Let us see things in their true light without supersition. By the way, am a Muslim, and I practice my religion. I don't believe Allah or God inflicted a punishment on the First Lady, it's just her genetic make-up. Simple.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Chibest2000(m): 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
@blueboy Abi na blak boy sef, madam tel u say she dey nairaland.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by ogahope(m): 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2012
ojotask: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease
By SaharaReporters, New York
Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan, is battling an onset of Parkinson’s disease that has complicated her recovery from a surgical procedure in Germany, several reliable sources have disclosed to SaharaReporters.

SaharaReporters broke the news that Mrs. Jonathan was flown to a hospital in Wiesbaden, Germany close to a month ago to undergo emergency treatment after a botched procedure in Dubai.

In interviews with three sources familiar with Mrs. Jonathan’s health status, SaharaReporters learnt that the Nigerian president’s wife is beset by Parkinson’s disease, a degenerative syndrome. The disease is a progressive disorder of the nervous system. A medical source described it as “a fairly common disorder that occasions degeneration of the nervous system.” The source added that the disease leads to “progressive impairment and disorder of movement.” An online medical site notes that Parkinson’s “is characterized by progressive loss of muscle control, which leads to trembling of the limbs and head while at rest, stiffness, slowness, and impaired balance. As symptoms worsen, it may become difficult to walk, talk, and complete simple tasks.”

The bombshell revelation about the First Lady’s medical woes was first made by a source familiar with Mrs. Jonathan’s previous secret treatments in Spain and Italy. The source disclosed that Mrs. Jonathan had battled Parkinson’s for some years now. In addition, doctors had advised her to “do something urgent about her morbid body mass index (BMI),” said the source. She added that Mrs. Jonathan had indeed considered undergoing the kind of tummy tuck procedure that former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha once had.

Two other sources close to the Jonathans confirmed that the First Lady has been dogged by Parkinson’s. One said the disease was largely responsible for her clumsiness, drawling speech and slow movement at public events. He added that Mrs. Jonathan has been suffering serious trembling in the left hand. “That’s why she always uses her right to hold the microphone when speaking at public events,” the source revealed. Mrs. Jonathan also reportedly is affected by stiffness of the limbs and trunk which affects her movement.

A news staffer at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) told SaharaReporters that Mrs. Jonathan’s aides warned reporters covering her never to film her beyond her waist. “Her senior personal assistant told the crew covering her long ago: ‘Don’t ever film Madam’s waist. Show her face only.’ That’s been the code at NTA.”

Two of our sources stated that Mrs. Jonathan had made efforts to slow the disease that had started to ravage her. “She has been visiting a health farm in Italy on a regular basis since 2010,” one source revealed. “To alleviate her pain, she has been taking her medication religiously.”

A friend of Mrs. Jonathan’s said that the First Lady’s health maladies include anxiety, occasional memory loss and disorientation. In addition, her blood pressure often rises to dangerous levels, forcing her to take a cocktail of anti-hypertensive drugs.

Also, our sources said that some officials attached to the First Lady’s office described her as constantly depressed, prone to snapping at people at the slightest provocation. “The First Lady can just get angry at the slightest provocation and rain abuses at anybody in sight,” he said.

As happened during the health crisis of the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, the Nigerian Presidency’s reaction to Mrs. Jonathan’s health condition is to be mum. When SaharaReporters contacted a senior aide of President Jonathan on the matter of the First Lady’s illness, he sharply said, “I’m not saying anything. And please don’t mention that you spoke to me.” SaharaReporters learnt that officials of the Presidency are under a virtual oath of secrecy on the issue of Mrs. Jonathan’s health crisis.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/patience-jonathan-battles-parkinson%E2%80%99s-disease
D truth always stand d test of time nd does not change. Sahara reports change lk a cameleon's skin. D truth is wt God nd presidency. I wish her a quick recovery.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2012
amanambu chinas: [color=#990000][/color]God pls heal her for us cos we love her so much. Mrs dame I command u to be healed in jesus name.

nawao

everybody just turn pastor because of this woman.abeg make she die afterall people wey no reach her dey die everyday.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by tjadeba(m): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2012
Pukkah:

The Nigerian arrangement is funny.

When it comes to spending money in public offices (constitutional or unconstitutional), they are public citizens.
They spend the money, travel, collect allowances and launch pet projects.

When it comes to full disclosure or accountability, either about their assets or their health;
The same people become private citizens and 'don't give a damn'.

Is it not a paradox - private citizens spending public money in public offices and refusing to give account to the public?

Thank you sir +1000000
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by icydoc: 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2012
report what u r sure off.first it was food poisoning,then ruptured appendix and now parkinson. naija media and speculations.but whatever is keeping her in Germany for this long must be serious and I think the president owe us an explanation so the rumours can stop.wish her speedy recovery
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by crisycent: 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2012
It is very foolish for people to wish the first lady dead...she could be your mother.....think about it!! I know people don't like her but you can't wish evil for your enemies. I pray she gets well soon; i'm happy that she has the means to take care of herself.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Lobolintin(m): 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
acidtalk: Wooow!!!
God gives;
Life and Death
Riches and Poverty.
Health and Sickness.
Joy and Sadness. But one thing is innevitable. What ever a man sows so shall he reap (good or bad).

You can loot all the money of a nation but God can also decide to remove every joy in your home. If you think of less than 1% out of a 100% then be prepared that God will take 99% of your joy and leave you with 1% which is the money you think is more important than the inner most joy.

Will the same Nigerians who you made life difficult for since you came in power have a single second to remember you and your family in prayers? No sir! But they will be very quick to curse you because they are not happy.

All the same, God knows best. I wish her quick and safe recovery. Because this might just be an opportunity to really know that Money can nver buy Health or Happiness (especially when it is stolen funds).

Karma! Karma!! Karma!!! I fear the
w
phuk u....ediot.eran oko gerout...mtchew.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Elueme: 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
Pataki: When our foolish president cannot explicitly state what is wrong with his wife to the people who voted him in, please allow all sorts of medical reports to be stated about her.

Whether SaharaReporters is right or wrong here is not my bone of contention. My bone of contention lies in an idiotic president who chooses to tell lies to his people about his wife's predicament and condition.

As I once said, so I still maintain: Rest in Pieces, Patience. The blood of innocent poor Nigerians that you and your husband have shed will cry out for justice.
I will not take you on the name calling because you probably might have inherited foolishness from a foolish father but what you must understand is patients's bill of rights in situations of I'll health.. Patient Jonathan reserves the prerogative right to make her health status known or not. She's not answerable to anybody because she is not a public property as the husband.. Maybe I remind you that she was never elected and her office has no constitutional provision.. Any benefit she does enjoy could be classed as fringed benefits which are normal in any society.. So you and your cohorts who daily relies on Sahara rumor network should get that
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by wizard01(m): 9:49pm On Sep 27, 2012
Abacha n wife went to ASO ROCK, only d wife came back, Obasanjo n Stella went, only Obj came back, Yar'adua n Turai, only Turai came back, now GEJ and Patience ..... Hmmm... I pray the history will not repeat itself Oooo!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by emekatimsu(m): 9:50pm On Sep 27, 2012

@pataki,u sound as useless and stupid as ur name.
How on earth can u eva wish ur fellow human being dead,she is someone's mother,sister,wife,relative or friend..u re attracting serious cause on ursef and generation by wishing an innocent woman dead.she is naija's 1st lady and u can't cange dt fact by ur jelousy and bad belle.
foolish boy
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Dee60: 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2012
We pray she comes back to Nigeria hale and hearty and as strong as ever. No one should judge anyone else. Some of the people throwing stones at the innocent would do worse if they have the same position. She will be well and detractors shall be shamed. Our president will laugh last. Amen
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by franchizy(m): 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2012
Plis can sumones tolds me wen does dis hapens to d First Lady I cants belive my Ears. Insha Allah notings wil hapen to her
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by seyibrown(f): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
Why do some people equate this news report to 'ridicule'? When the Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to hospital, it was covered in the news and reported in the Papers in the UK (and maybe overseas soon). If our First Lady is ill and in hospital, nothing is wrong about it being published. The hush hush about this illness, I think, is only the secretive attitude of Nigerians when they suspect the illness is 'not ordinary' and they are trying to keep the news from those who wish the lady evil. Nobody is 100% loved or hated. No matter how good one is, one will still have haters.

Whatever ailment the First Lady is suffering from, she is not the first person in the world to have it. She is lucky that the resources to get teratment for her ailment. Many Nigerians die at home from all kinds of ailments due to the standard, availability, accessibility and affordability of quality healthCare in Nigeria.

I wish the First Lady and all ailing Nigerians quick recovery.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by redsun(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
She fit don dey slowly chop otapiapia since without knowing.Where tpia sef?Abi she too don kpeme?
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
ifihearam: lies

WHATEVER SAHATA REPORTS SAYS IS A BIG FAT LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL,THEY ARE ONLY GOOD IN PROPAGATING FALSE AND BAD NEWS

THE FIRST LADY IS HALE AND HEARTY IJN
wow are they telling lies? Then I guess u know the truth pls fill us in. Or are u just praying that the first lady remains hale and hearty.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by ldpele(m): 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2012

haven't u been asked severally to stop smoking that thing before comin up here to write rubbish,u beta face it,he is your president n he deserve some respect from u,equaly the wife too
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by redsun(m): 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2012
When they say that average life span in nigeria is 49-50,the corrupt rich are not necessary excluded.Nigeria is a dangerous zone that anybody can easily fall victim of untimely death,especially the very ignorant which includes the money "miss roads".

A rich person that does not intelligently,industrously and resourcefully work for his or her wealth is just as ignorant as a truck pusher and that explains the primitive and backward nature of nigeria elite.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by UNLEASHED(m): 10:47pm On Sep 27, 2012
As much as i'll like to hear positive improvement about her deteriorating health, she and her husband might not have the slightest idea that karma's claws are horrible.
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2012
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by nduchucks: 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2012
chindi:
Prof Prof, is dis uuuu?

Who be dis? Prof=Professional ko?
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Pataki: 11:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
Elueme: I will not take you on the name calling because you probably might have inherited foolishness from a foolish father but what you must understand is patients's bill of rights in situations of I'll health.. Patient Jonathan reserves the prerogative right to make her health status known or not. She's not answerable to anybody because she is not a public property as the husband.. Maybe I remind you that she was never elected and her office has no constitutional provision.. Any benefit she does enjoy could be classed as fringed benefits which are normal in any society.. So you and your cohorts who daily relies on Sahara rumor network should get that

It is not by compulsion to type in English. You are free to type in cassava grammar or whatever nonsense language you are able to express yourself with, rather than this balderdash you deem as a response to me.

That said, we were informed that PATIENCE not Patient (olodo-oshi), traveled abroad to rest. So my prayer goes thus: may she rest in piece wherever she is right now (amen). If she wants to get well, let her return to Nigeria. Suffer the same medical agony that every NIGERIAN like her goes through in the hands of the government of her husband.

emekatimsu:

@pataki,u sound as useless and stupid as ur name.
How on earth can u eva wish ur fellow human being dead,she is someone's mother,sister,wife,relative or friend..u re attracting serious cause on ursef and generation by wishing an innocent woman dead.she is naija's 1st lady and u can't cange dt fact by ur jelousy and bad belle.
foolish boy
Everyone will die one day or the other. That is life. If it is her time, 'goodluck' to her.

Those who died when her security protocol were beating poor people because of the election rice she was giving away, are they not someone's husband, children, wife, relatives or friends? What goes around comes around.

As for those saying, it is not our business to know her whereabouts, you are all DAFT!
Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by Pataki: 11:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
FISAYOADEX: You are very stupid for vomiting all this junk about the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. God will judge every idle words.

And you think referencing me as being 'very stooopeed' is not an idle word? grin What an hypocritical tool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Projects Inserted Into The 2018 Budget By The Lawmakers / Buhari Hosts Fashola & Members Of Election Planning & Monitoring Directorate(pho / Kabaka Declares Support For Tinubu, Sings "Emilokan" Song (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.