Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,462 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949575 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
I have been denied after all. Thanks to everyone that helped.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2016
olabode89:
Lol... no wahala... we dey wait for you o.
whats up bro. abeg, i been need your help ni.. actually, i wanted to try study in finland untill i learnt, tuition fee will be introduced by august 2017. does that mean, even if am lucky to get an admission now, i will have to pay tuition fee? and when i saw that, i was discouraged, so i thought of migrating using the self employed permanent resident visa. how likely is my chances? and would i be chanced to work with that type of visa? and how easier do you think it will be to self sponsored the study stuff if am offer an admission even at a tuition fee of like 3,000 euro? can you please enlighten me more. am so much hating u.s... cc @snazzybaba iceberg54 schooldropout help please
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
iceberg54:

Lol...continue o...I go kuku catch una.
Baba o. You too gbaski
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
olabode89:

Lol... no wahala... we dey wait for you o.
Sure boss! I believe you! grin

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
Met iceberg54, Bummiemich and Terry today in Espoo. We went bowling and I had massive fun. Dem come top am with orientation wey even Helsinki no gimme grin. Great guys!
Oooooooooooooooooshey!

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
ceiling:
I have been denied after all.
Thanks to everyone that helped.

Sorry about that, bro. But what was their reason. Thought they already granted you?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Sorry about that, bro. But what was their reason. Thought they already granted you?
i qoute u above. can u please kindly get back. please
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 8:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
kelval:
whats up bro. abeg, i been need your help ni.. actually, i wanted to try study in finland untill i learnt, tuition fee will be introduced by august 2017. does that mean, even if am lucky to get an admission now, i will have to pay tuition fee? and when i saw that, i was discouraged, so i thought of migrating using the self employed permanent resident visa. how likely is my chances? and would i be chanced to work with that type of visa? and how easier do you think it will be to self sponsored the study stuff if am offer an admission even at a tuition fee of like 3,000 euro? can you please enlighten me more. am so much hating u.s... cc @snazzybaba iceberg54 schooldropout help please

I think you should search study info- https://studyinfo.fi/wp2/en/ extensively maybe you can still find some courses with low tuition or scholarship. However, the financial situation in Nigeria is making things quite difficult for those who even have the admission to get Resident permit. so you have to consider alot of things now.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
SnazzyBaba:
I think you should search study info- https://studyinfo.fi/wp2/en/ extensively maybe you can still find some courses with low tuition or scholarship. However, the financial situation in Nigeria is making things quite difficult for those who even have the admission to get Resident permit. so you have to consider alot of things now.
thanks bro.. buh please how do you mean our present economy here makes things hard to get a resident permit? and i also read on there website that student can only be granted 25 hours to work monthly. please is it really necessary to follow that? like can someone get to work more than that hours and wont face any legal consequence? thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 12:38am On Sep 04, 2016
kelval:
thanks bro.. buh please how do you mean our present economy here makes things hard to get a resident permit? and i also read on there website that student can only be granted 25 hours to work monthly. please is it really necessary to follow that? like can someone get to work more than that hours and wont face any legal consequence? thanks

Sorry, sleep took me. I think SnazzyBaba already did justice to your questions tho.

About work; remember, this no be naija and whatever unlawful/illegal thing you do today might(will prolly) come back to haunt you in the nearest future which could be more impending than you think. Just stick to the rules. No spoil show for yourself and other naijans.
That said, You can work unlimitedly during the break.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 04, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Sorry, sleep took me. I think SnazzyBaba already did justice to your questions tho. About work; remember, this no be naija and whatever unlawful/illegal thing you do today might(will prolly) come back to haunt you in the nearest future which could be more impending than you think. Just stick to the rules. No spoil show for yourself and other naijans. That said, You can work unlimitedly during the break.
Good God bless you bro for the response. the issue right now is just that am someway confused. dont know which country to apply to again.. dont wanna do that english test of a thing and am gon be self sponsoring the stuff, thats why am asking. i dont know the minimum someone can make within a month. and also, since tuition fee is gon be introduced next august, i saw some forcast of about 10,000 to 16,000 euro for the tuition fee. so i dont know if i can meet with that as time goes by since i will be self sponsored. thats why i really need to know everythin bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 04, 2016
olabode89:

Bros!

Yes o, e don dey work since 31 August 2016.
Boss se na you meet my elder brother? he told me he met someone who knew me from nairaland. Withdrawing in europe with master card directly from your Nigeria account is #421-#422/€1, but you cant withdraw more than equivalent of $100 in a day. How much os small word rate.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:49am On Sep 04, 2016
Greetings everyone from Parnu city. its been a long journey to this place. From naija to india, india to Tallinn and Tallinn to Finland and now Finland to Tallinn and Tallinn to Parnu. Thanks to God. To all hopefuls, Your good news is coming. Wishing us success in the endeavour. Ama ko ere oko dele o!

5 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
ceiling:
I have been denied after all. Thanks to everyone that helped.
what went wrong?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2016
KingAdegoke:
what went wrong?
I was granted the permit on 10th Aug. and on the permit 19 & 22 I withdrew some monies. so migri sent me this on 25th

The Finnish Immigration Service has granted you a residence permit for the period 10.8.2016-10.8.2017 on the basis of studies.

Pursuant to Section 58(5) of the Aliens Act, a residence permit may be cancelled if the grounds on which the permit was issued no longer exist.

The Finnish Immigration Service is considering the cancellation of your residence permit because the Finnish embassy in Abuja has informed that according to the information they got from your bank, your bank balance is at the moment 19,062.33 GHS when it was 31,576.15 GHS while applying. The current amount is not enough for covering your living expenses in Finland.

We invite you to submit an opinion regarding the possible cancellation of your residence permit. The opinion must be given in writing (you can use also e-mail). You have the right to use an advisor.  The opinion must be submitted to the Finnish Immigration Service within 14 days from the date of this e-mail.

A decision will be made even if an opinion is not submitted within the deadline. You will not be sent this letter again.

The Finnish Immigration Service will provide you with its decision on the cancellation of your residence permit in writing.  Outside Finland, the decision will be delivered to a Finnish embassy.

Maria Ponkilainen
Adviser
Student Team
Immigration Unit

Finnish Immigration Service
P.O. Box 18, FI-00581 Helsinki

and i did a declaration that I withdrew the said amount in order to exchange some euros for my initial expenses when I get to Finland and backed it with a receipt from a forex bureau

then was sent this

Dear xxxxx

The Embassy of Finland has received a decision made by the Finnish Immigration Service for your residence permit application. The decision is in Finnish language. The Finnish Immigration Service has sent also a summary of it in English and instructions to appeal.

The decision and enclosed appendixes are available in the Embassy of Finland in Abuja. The documentation has to be collected within one month from the date of this e-mail. The Embassy of Finland is not able to give any further information concerning neither the decision nor its grounds. The Embassy is neither able to answer your further questions concerning your residence permit application. The Embassy will not mail the documentation.

The decision can be collected in one of two ways.

Collection in person. The applicant or their legal guardian can come to the Embassy personally to collect the decision. Kindly come together with the applicant’s passport, and a copy of this e-mail. If you are the legal guardian of the applicant, kindly bring along your own international passport as well.

Collection by proxy. You can authorize someone else to collect the decision on your behalf. Kindly provide the authorized representative with a signed letter of authorization, and your own international passport. The authorized representative should come to the Embassy with their own international passport as well.

The Embassy is open to collection of Decision from 2pm, between Mondays to Thursdays.

Sincerely Yours,

Embassy of Finland

Abuja
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 6:35pm On Sep 04, 2016
Oga SCHOOL DROP IN here u are
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
ceiling:
Oga SCHOOL DROP IN here u are
Mhen! That's deep! But baba, shey you don already collect the decision ni?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
Met iceberg54, Bummiemich and Terry today in Espoo. We went bowling and I had massive fun. Dem come top am with orientation wey even Helsinki no gimme grin. Great guys!
Oooooooooooooooooshey!

Correct!

Na them be chairmen o! Really cool guys.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 9:46pm On Sep 04, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Hope u saw my pm? If you did, lemme know
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 11:35pm On Sep 04, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Yet to collect
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
ceiling:
Cancelled residence permit

Hello NLer,

I don't know you and I don't know why I decided to check the Finland thread today, I must let you know this your situation just sent rage through my whole body. From all you have written, your explanation and proofs should be enough for them to see that you did everything in good faith and you weren't up to tricks so, I'll wait for what their decision is before I comment further.

Go to the embassy as soon as you can to pick up the decision and let's see what it is. Don't try to call or mail anybody, just go and pick up the decision and type everything into google to get the translation. I'm so angry right now, I hope I don't have a bad day. I have the email address of the Finnish ambassador to Nigeria, that slim guy at the embassy and other people for there, I was so mad I wanted to write a very devastating email to them and give them a piece of my mind. I knew it wouldn't do anything but at least, it would have gotten the rage out of my body after all they put me through last year. I wasted over 1m Naira on bloody rubbish. I didn't write/send the mail sha, God knows if I'm going to write/send it someday.

I'll just stop writing, Please go and get the decision and let's see what it is.

Remain strong, I know it is easy to say but please don't let this weigh you down. I was in your shoes this time last year and right now, I'm in a better country (No disrespect to the people in Finland). God will see you through, I pray you get a favourable decision though. God bless you.
Sureb0y
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
PHRANTAD:

9/2/2016 A decision has been made on your application. 
9/2/2016 The decision can be read on your user account

It was a negative decision.

It took them seven weeks (50days) to decide that, they did not ask for any supplements at all.

Hi Bro, I just read this. I'm so sorry, I didn't read this before replying your mail so I didn't know what the pm was about until now. These Finland people are really getting me mad. Make I just shutdown my system jeje before I do wetin I no suppose do. As soon as they stop their free tuition, they'll smell the coffee and see that they're simply not on anyone's top list.

I'm not saying this because I was denied o. Finland is a good country and I would probably be singing her praise if I had got in last year. Even when I got denied sef, my friend in Finland (a citizen) told me not to be too sad that she was surprised I chose Finland out of all the countries in the world sef. I'm only trying to encourage you, the downfall of a man is not the end of his life. With proper planning, you can get into another country with the Finland money and have a good life too. Whatever your decision is, I'll be willing to advise you if you need me. So sorry for this, Please remain calm and plan again. it is not easy to get into any of these countries because their policies are getting stricter daily so there's no sure way of getting any visa or any guarantees of having any good life. All plans na 50/50, so think carefully.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2016
Thank You Mr. SUREBOY I'm really moved by this wonderful piece. It has made me very ok now.

I have sent for the decision and am hoping to have it by Friday, I will surely brief the house.

Really grateful. Thank You
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by lilreese: 3:52am On Sep 07, 2016
After study is it easy to get a job in Finland ? or only part time jobs
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by annyjessy(f): 9:17am On Sep 07, 2016
sureb0y:

Hi Bro, I just read this. I'm so sorry, I didn't read this before replying your mail so I didn't know what the pm was about until now. These Finland people are really getting me mad. Make I just shutdown my system jeje before I do wetin I no suppose do. As soon as they stop their free tuition, they'll smell the coffee and see that they're simply not on anyone's top list.

I'm not saying this because I was denied o. Finland is a good country and I would probably be singing her praise if I had got in last year. Even when I got denied sef, my friend in Finland (a citizen) told me not to be too sad that she was surprised I chose Finland out of all the countries in the world sef. I'm only trying to encourage you, the downfall of a man is not the end of his life. With proper planning, you can get into another country with the Finland money and have a good life too. Whatever your decision is, I'll be willing to advise you if you need me. So sorry for this, Please remain calm and plan again. it is not easy to get into any of these countries because their policies are getting stricter daily so there's no sure way of getting any visa or any guarantees of having any good life. All plans na 50/50, so think carefully.
Hello sureboy, I'm going to send you a pm, please kindly respond. It's a matter of urgency for my friend. Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:27am On Sep 07, 2016
ceiling:
I have been denied after all.
Thanks to everyone that helped.

In everything in life you need to be optimistic, from the email sent to you by migri it can't be deduced that your RP will be cancelled. Why don't you take a chill pill until you get the decision before concluding. The reason for your withdrawal is highly reasonable and i see no reason for them to cancel your resident permit if the forex transaction amount relates to the amount that was withdrawn from your bank account.

Sureb0y.... I am extremely disappointed in you. Your post was highly unnecesary.... You could have sent a PM to Ceiling and the other dude.

Everybody knows that Finland is the best available option for guys that cannot afford about 5 to 10 M naira in the US, UK and Canada, those that are not ready to go through the stress of scholarship applications, those that cannot afford the fixed abi na blocked deposit of Germany and Norway, those that just want a fresh start away from naija, those that see Finland as a mid-point to moving to UK, Canada and Australia for phD etc. So there was no need for your rants.

Bro... you are in US (way better country)... you suppose don forgive Migri nau... you got fuccked by Mutual Benefit Insurance and not Migri

Errm... The Ambassador of Finland in Nigeria is Ms. Pirjo Suomela-Chowdhury... a lady and not any slim guy.. grin

It's not personal........ wink
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
olabode89:

Why don't you take a chill pill until you get the decision before concluding. The reason for your withdrawal is highly reasonable and i see no reason for them to cancel your resident permit if the forex transaction amount relates to the amount that was withdrawn from your bank account.

Sureb0y.... I am extremely disappointed in you. Your post was highly unnecesary.... You could have sent a PM to Ceiling and the other dude.

Everybody knows that Finland is the best available option for guys that cannot afford about 5 to 10 M naira in the US, UK and Canada, those that are not ready to go through the stress of scholarship applications, those that cannot afford the fixed abi na blocked deposit of Germany and Norway, those that just want a fresh start away from naija, those that see Finland as a mid-point to moving to UK, Canada and Australia for phD etc. So there was no need for your rants.

Bro... you are in US (way better country)... you suppose don forgive Migri nau... you got fuccked by Mutual Benefit Insurance and not Migri

Errm... The Ambassador of Finland in Nigeria is Ms. Pirjo Suomela-Chowdhury... a lady and not any slim guy.. grin

It's not personal........ wink

I could have ignored this post but just to give you the benefit of doubt in case you misunderstood me, I'm going to post a reply and won't write any other thing on the topic after this.

That being said, I obviously told him to go and get the decision first to see whether it's positive or not before saying anything. Secondly, I am sure I used a comma to indicate that there's a difference between the ambassador, the slim guy and the other people at the embassy, so I don't get your point in explaining that the ambassador is a woman or a monkey, I really do not care.

In addition to the above, I intentionally quoted those people and gave my opinion. The posts were meant for them primarily, any other person who read them was not targeted by me and I am not responsible for whatever meaning they read into it. I am sure you didn't even calm down to read what I wrote, you just jumped into defence mode and launched an attack, I took offence. I respect you a lot, please reciprocate.

The bottom line of my post: Finland is not the only option. People think 1.7m naira (+ ticket money and all the rest) makes it the best deal possible due to free tuition and all that. With careful planning and a bit of luck, people can get other options for cheaper and that's what I was trying to say, not to say anything bad about those who really want to go to Finland or those that are there (Everyone's life decisions are theirs to make, and I always respect them). If I knew what I currently know, I wouldn't have wasted my time with the Finland stuff. You think I came here with 5m in my account or any nonsense sponsor's account? I didn't spend up to half of what I spent on the Finland nonsense. That's what I tried to explain.

Sometimes, the cheapest thing in life isn't really the cheapest. Enjoy the rest of your day. Please don't mention me again, I am easily annoyed when the Finland issue comes up and I don't want us to have issues.

Lastly, I didn't get bleeped by Mutual Benefit, I got bleeped up by the stupid Finnish Immigration Service. You don't know what went down, please don't bother talking about it. I repeat, the whole Finland saga is still a sensitive topic for me, please drop it.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
ceiling:
Thank You Mr. SUREBOY I'm really moved by this wonderful piece. It has made me very ok now.

I have sent for the decision and am hoping to have it by Friday, I will surely brief the house.

Really grateful. Thank You

I'm glad I was able to help, I wish you all the best. Like I said, if you ever need to speak to me, I'll be willing to assist you in the best way I can. Have a nice week.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
annyjessy:

Hello sureboy, I'm going to send you a pm, please kindly respond. It's a matter of urgency for my friend. Thanks.

I'll check the mail and reply as soon as I can.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 08, 2016
sureb0y:

I'll check the mail and reply as soon as I can.

Hello boss Sureboy, good day. Pls I kindly need ur urgent help. I sent you a pm. Thanks boss
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Leyqute(m): 11:22am On Sep 09, 2016
Sureb0y is really peeved about Finland. Sometimes, some people are just somehow and behave that way. It's hard to comprehend but that's just life.

The wise thing to do is to make the best out of one's situation. Although we might seem to be on the same path, everyone's bound for different destinations. But in meeting, we gain one thing or two from each other.

I wish everyone who's already gained admission and intending students success.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
I foresaw the recent spate of denials by migri when guys started writing them about the current naira situation. I was very surprised why some people thought this was necessary, they should have been left alone to their job. Migri won't deny you out-rightly based on incomplete funds, they will first write to inform you, so there was no need to panic.

They have a fixed value used for every application period and even if currency fluctuates, they know its not the fault of the applicant and they would normally not take drastic measures such as this.

But when they started getting numerous emails, of course they will act, which explains why they even had to revisit already decided cases. And its funny that a lot of people that sent those emails didn't even have sufficient funds in their account, then why call their attention to it.

The exchange rate last year was at least 300 (can't remember exactly), yet they didn't increase minimum requirement nor gave guys any wahala.

A similar thing happened years back. A couple of years ago, you could pick up a statement of account from under bridge ikeja and use it to apply and get permit. But some years ago, some guys here decided to do 'I too know' and went on a protest that Finnish employers were not giving them jobs to support themselves while studying. The Finnish authorities were stunned and thought "But you guys showed over 6k euros in your account naw, so why do we need to give you jobs to survive?". So they had to investigate and then discovered our "wuruwuru" way of arranging the bank statement thingy. That was when they started checking account with banks.

Anyways, I sincerely hope those with pending applications get a positive outcome especially considering that this is the last chance for tuition free education.

Wish everyone the best.

And lastly, people who are in a "better country" already should just forget about migri and move on. Life comes with ups and downs and thank God for the alternative provided. I know people who were denied twice and still applied the third year, did the right thing, and got in.

Cheers guys!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.