Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (954770 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fab11: 9:15am On Sep 12, 2016
Touchè
iceberg54:
I foresaw the recent spate of denials by migri when guys started writing them about the current naira situation. I was very surprised why some people thought this was necessary, they should have been left alone to their job. Migri won't deny you out-rightly based on incomplete funds, they will first write to inform you, so there was no need to panic.

They have a fixed value used for every application period and even if currency fluctuates, they know its not the fault of the applicant and they would normally not take drastic measures such as this.

But when they started getting numerous emails, of course they will act, which explains why they even had to revisit already decided cases. And its funny that a lot of people that sent those emails didn't even have sufficient funds in their account, then why call their attention to it.

The exchange rate last year was at least 300 (can't remember exactly), yet they didn't increase minimum requirement nor gave guys any wahala.

A similar thing happened years back. A couple of years ago, you could pick up a statement of account from under bridge ikeja and use it to apply and get permit. But some years ago, some guys here decided to do 'I too know' and went on a protest that Finnish employers were not giving them jobs to support themselves while studying. The Finnish authorities were stunned and thought "But you guys showed over 6k euros in your account naw, so why do we need to give you jobs to survive?". So they had to investigate and then discovered our "wuruwuru" way of arranging the bank statement thingy. That was when they started checking account with banks.

Anyways, I sincerely hope those with pending applications get a positive outcome especially considering that this is the last chance for tuition free education.

Wish everyone the best.

And lastly, people who are in a "better country" already should just forget about migri and move on. Life comes with ups and downs and thank God for the alternative provided. I know people who were denied twice and still applied the third year, did the right thing, and got in.

Cheers guys!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 13, 2016
iceberg54:
I foresaw the recent spate of denials by migri when guys started writing them about the current naira situation. I was very surprised why some people thought this was necessary, they should have been left alone to their job. Migri won't deny you out-rightly based on incomplete funds, they will first write to inform you, so there was no need to panic.

They have a fixed value used for every application period and even if currency fluctuates, they know its not the fault of the applicant and they would normally not take drastic measures such as this.

But when they started getting numerous emails, of course they will act, which explains why they even had to revisit already decided cases. And its funny that a lot of people that sent those emails didn't even have sufficient funds in their account, then why call their attention to it.

The exchange rate last year was at least 300 (can't remember exactly), yet they didn't increase minimum requirement nor gave guys any wahala.

A similar thing happened years back. A couple of years ago, you could pick up a statement of account from under bridge ikeja and use it to apply and get permit. But some years ago, some guys here decided to do 'I too know' and went on a protest that Finnish employers were not giving them jobs to support themselves while studying. The Finnish authorities were stunned and thought "But you guys showed over 6k euros in your account naw, so why do we need to give you jobs to survive?". So they had to investigate and then discovered our "wuruwuru" way of arranging the bank statement thingy. That was when they started checking account with banks.

Anyways, I sincerely hope those with pending applications get a positive outcome especially considering that this is the last chance for tuition free education.

Wish everyone the best.

And lastly, people who are in a "better country" already should just forget about migri and move on. Life comes with ups and downs and thank God for the alternative provided. I know people who were denied twice and still applied the third year, did the right thing, and got in.

Cheers guys!

That's it bro, na we nigerians dey destroy ourselves o. If you dey tell them, you be mumu be dat. For this Estonia wie i dey, i thank God o.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
so did they give you after sending?

Tajuidowu:

The emassy said i should send my account details agaaaaaaain before i can be given the permit
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
[quote author=sirkezman post=49328812]so did they give you after sending?

Boss I sent I dm plz reply ASAP
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
sirkezman:
so did they give you after sending?

Boss I sent u a dm plz reply ASAP
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 9:37pm On Sep 14, 2016
Didnt get any from you

Dude04:

Boss I sent u a dm plz reply ASAP
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
sirkezman:
Didnt get any from you

Plz mail me ur number rukeoredia@gmail.com
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 7:23am On Sep 15, 2016
Halo house has anyone appealed a decision before or currently doing so
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by antosco: 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
Dude04:
Halo house has anyone appealed a decision before or currently doing so

Someone wrote here that appealing a decision might take too long and the best thing to do is reapply with a different sponsor. Mohrolake reapplied and eventually got a positive decision.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 9:07am On Sep 17, 2016
Pls anyone from Abuja or close to Abuja. let me know for urgent reasons. thank you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
Y'all should desist from using Turkish airline
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by antosco: 8:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

Please can you explain why?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by menaoga1(m): 10:42am On Sep 20, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:
please boss state the reason or reasons ooo so i dont make any silly mistakes from now!!!!! i always read ds thread n i took notes..... i went for my interview yesterday by 8am n got my decision by 1.51pm dat same day...... special thanks to y'all this thread really helped me n God crowned it all

30/08/2016 We have received your application and it is pending.

19/09/2016 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in a processing queue.

19/09/2016 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.

19/09/2016 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.

19/09/2016 A decision has been made on your application.

19/09/2016 The decision can be read on your user account.

19/09/2016 You have received the decision.

**it was positive **

6 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
menaoga1:

please boss state the reason or reasons ooo so i dont make any silly mistakes from now!!!!! i always read ds thread n i took notes..... i went for my interview yesterday by 8am n got my decision by 1.51pm dat same day...... special thanks to y'all this thread really helped me n God crowned it all

19/09/2016 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in a processing queue.

19/09/2016 A customer number has been created for you. You can see your customer number at the top of the page.

19/09/2016 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.

**it was positive **

Wow, this is the fastest. Congratulations. No traffic again
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by menaoga1(m): 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
SnazzyBaba:

Wow, this is the fastest. Congratulations. No traffic again
thanks boss
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by antosco: 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
menaoga1:

**it was positive **

Congratulationss
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by menaoga1(m): 3:25pm On Sep 20, 2016
antosco:

Congratulationss
thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by jkels(m): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
menaoga1:

**it was positive **

Congratulations. Tervetuloa
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by menaoga1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
jkels:
Congratulations. Tervetuloa
kittos
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 7:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
congrat

dont make any withdrawals till you get your card. not even ticket sef

menaoga1:

**it was positive **

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by menaoga1(m): 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
sirkezman:
congrat

yes boss, am even thinking of leaving the money there till i get to finland , because a friend who used turkish airline said he was asked to show them his statement via his bank app if he still had the money on him.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ceiling(m): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
menaoga1:

yes boss, am even thinking of leaving the money there till i get to finland , because a friend who used turkish airline said he was asked to show them his statement via his bank app if he still had the money on him.
Pls Sir I have sent u a pm. Pls reply ASAP thank you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by lanrayx: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
pls is tuition in Finland still free for a masters degree
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cjeriia: 6:32am On Sep 22, 2016
lanrayx:
pls is tuition in Finland still free for a masters degree
From 2017, No...!!!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TosoOmo: 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
sirkezman:
congrat

Wow. Things are getting hairy. Thanks for the heads up boss.

Thank God for this forum. If not, many people would have fallen into error, and those who were denied the first time, like I was, might have just given up, or wasted time and energy trying to appeal. I reapplied and was granted.

May God bless everyone who has added to the wealth of knowledge here, including those who weren't successful in their application. You are great people.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by fab11: 8:48am On Sep 23, 2016
I just found out i uploaded my supplementary documents in the "send additional information" column not through the supplementary request page though i have sent it through there now. My 1 week deadline for submission ended yday.
Hope the embassy wont victimise me for late submission?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2016
Send an email to the person handling your application to confirm d receipt
fab11:
I just found out i uploaded my supplementary documents in the "send additional information" column not through the supplementary request page though i have sent it through there now. My 1 week deadline for submission ended yday.
Hope the embassy wont victimise me for late submission?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by antosco: 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
Congratulations bro
TosoOmo:

Thank God for this forum. If not, many people would have fallen into error, and those who were denied the first time, like I was, might have just given up, or wasted time and energy trying to appeal. I reapplied and was granted.

May God bless everyone who has added to the wealth of knowledge here, including those who weren't successful in their application. You are great people.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TosoOmo: 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
antosco:
Congratulations bro
Thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 2:43am On Sep 25, 2016
congrats man

TosoOmo:

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.