Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,941 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (951209 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by uzhi(m): 10:18am On Feb 04, 2015
The thing is, even if its just 5, we no go carry last. U guys still hv high hope cos u applied 4 more than a sch.
Heaven will smile on us.
Kissmylips, where hv u been nah ?

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 4:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
well funmina will send you an email to notify you the status of your application and give you a deadline for submission of the supplement application. but why did they reject ur transcript.. did you send it yourself? [quote author=ooluseyipa post=30392085][/quote]
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 5:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
sirkezman:
well funmina will send you an email to notify you the status of your application and give you a deadline for submission of the supplement application. but why did they reject ur transcript.. did you send it yourself?

I didn't send it myself.what happened was na runz I take carry am intially becos my school dey on strike.so dey didn't stamp it then.i Got that mail too,so I quickly send anoda transcript and make sure they stamp becos my school ve resume then.so now d issue is with d new transcript I sent,dey do not get in touch with me yet unlike d previous one.That make me get worried.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
uzhi:
Please is admission decision coming up by 7th or April ending ?
Alternatively, my admission with Tallinn university nd University of Parma is almost certain. Otherwise, na to go buy motor for coutonu be that o.
My drivers cant wait to land another tokunbo .
bros, u b chairman ooo....I hail thee baba..lol

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
uzhi:
The thing is, even if its just 5, we no go carry last. U guys still hv high hope cos u applied 4 more than a sch.
Heaven will smile on us.
Kissmylips, where hv u been nah ?

My guy,i dey......my application got to dem on 30th,av nt heard frm dem though,bt one of d schools i applied to sent me a mail to do an assignment ( wen I never knw the status of my application sef). Am on it anyway......

On d other hand my school wan fall my leg. Dey messed up my transcript,I Jst hope dey wont notice it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by uzhi(m): 8:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
God will shield their sight for you. quote author=kissmylips post=30428580]

My guy,i dey......my application got to dem on 30th,av nt heard frm dem though,bt one of d schools i applied to sent me a mail to do an assignment ( wen I never knw the status of my application sef). Am on it anyway......

On d other hand my school wan fall my leg. Dey messed up my transcript,I Jst hope dey wont notice it.[/quote]
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:04am On Feb 05, 2015
ok. if the transcript got there before the deadline. they will contact you. dont worry

ooluseyipa:

I didn't send it myself.what happened was na runz I take carry am intially becos my school dey on strike.so dey didn't stamp it then.i Got that mail too,so I quickly send anoda transcript and make sure they stamp becos my school ve resume then.so now d issue is with d new transcript I sent,dey do not get in touch with me yet unlike d previous one.That make me get worried.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 10:40am On Feb 05, 2015
sirkezman:
ok. if the transcript got there before the deadline. they will contact you. dont worry

Yes,the transcripts got there on d 28th of january, that's last week wednesday.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by vhickky(f): 11:06am On Feb 05, 2015
It's like all applications is closed.....Why didn't I see this thread on time sef..... please is there any school I can apply to,I am still a serving corp member.... before I finish my service is there any other application to look forward to?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
sirkezman:

Actually, UAF will end up forwarding some applications to the school without processing the transcripts.

However, I don't know the effect this would have on the decision of the school regarding admission.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
vhickky:
It's like all applications is closed.....Why didn't I see this thread on time sef..... please is there any school I can apply to,I am still a serving corp member.... before I finish my service is there any other application to look forward to?

It's not a matter of "any school I can apply to", it costs money and time oooo. U can't go gung-ho about it. Best advice is for u to chill till d next application period.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
iceberg54:

Actually, UAF will end up forwarding some applications to the school without processing the transcripts.

However, I don't know the effect this would have on the decision of the school regarding admission.

But my transcripts got there before d deadline now
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by abbeyseto1(m): 1:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
ooluseyipa:

You need to chill... my transcript also got there 28th Jan and I haven'tggotten a response.
As at 27th Jan, they were treating mails that got there on 22nd which means they attend to the documents on a "first come first served" basis. It seems they will forward all incomplete applications after processing all the mails. Since your transcript arrive before deadline, I think it will be processed.

Am also waiting too.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
vhickky:

Contrary to what sureboy posted.... I think you can still meet the deadline for Lappeenranta University of Technology (Deadline is 27th of February) if
1. you are an engineering graduate
2. You have an international passport or u have about 20K to process it (it take 2days max)
3. Your school is proactive and u can get ur transcript in 2weeks
4. You have about 40K to prep for PTE Academics (I practiced for about 6 days and scored 73/90, the min accepted score is usually between 54 and 62).
5. Lastly u have about 30K to send your transcript and application using courier (DHL/UPS).
6. You can raise 1.5M before April/May 2015.

Since you are an OTONDO u should have enough time to get your certificates notarized, work on your motivation letter and get some reference letters.

So the ball is in your court, what are u going to do??

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 1:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
good. they will send you an acknowledgement email
ooluseyipa:

Yes,the transcripts got there on d 28th of january, that's last week wednesday.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 2:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
Please, what do they really mean by the awarding institution should stamp across the back flap of the envelope?

I know my school stamped the envelope as they sealed it.

Do they want it to be stamp both front and back?

Please house clarify, cos they just sent me a mail that my transcript is not processed... So I need go back to school but I need get the correct stuff they really need...

Those that their application has been successfully accepted should let me(us) know how their transcripts and envelopes were stamped.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 2:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
ooluseyipa:

Based on the info by abbeyseto1, you should probably be patient for a while.

All the best!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
Cmanforall:
Please, what do they really mean by the awarding institution should stamp across the back flap of the envelope?

Please house clarify, cos they just sent me a mail that my transcript is not processed... So I need go back to school but I need get the correct stuff they really need...

Those that their application has been successfully accepted should let me(us) know how their transcripts and envelopes were stamped.

Thank you.

What they mean is dt,ur school shld stamp d envelope @ d back.so if ur school stamp it with d official stamp,den dey will process it.i too need to re-do mine.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
iceberg54:

Based on the info by abbeyseto1, you should probably be patient for a while.

All the best!

Yeah I will wait patiently for them.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
abbeyseto1:

You need to chill... my transcript also got there 28th Jan and I haven'tggotten a response.
As at 27th Jan, they were treating mails that got there on 22nd which means they attend to the documents on a "first come first served" basis. It seems they will forward all incomplete applications after processing all the mails. Since your transcript arrive before deadline, I think it will be processed.

Am also waiting too.

Yea.lets kip on waiting.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
kissmylips:

On d other hand my school wan fall my leg. Dey messed up my transcript,I Jst hope dey wont notice it.
pls, wats the name of the school dat sent u an email to do an assignment?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by uzhi(m): 3:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
It should look like this and again stamp across the cover of d envelope. (
Best pf luck !quote author=Cmanforall post=30451452]Please, what do they really mean by the awarding institution should stamp across the back flap of the envelope?

Thank you.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2015
ooluseyipa:

What they mean is dt,ur school shld stamp d envelope @ d back.so if ur school stamp it with d official stamp,den dey will process it.i too need to re-do mine.

See And my school just stamped @ that sealed place.... Nawa º°˚˚˚°º‎​ ....

Gotta need some days off to go tackle ds once and for all mayb nxt week...

Thanks for your response.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Taiwoaremu: 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
Guys please kindly explain this message to me. Is d asterick statement only the reason d transcript was rejected? because av supplement the d transcript which has reach UAF on tuesday cus i was given deadline of 6/2/2015, and yet to hear from them
We have received the following
documents but they were not
officially certified:
- Transcript of records
*We cannot consider the
transcript of records to have
been submitted according to
the country-specific
requirement. There is
indication that the envelope
may have been opened and
thus we cannot ascertain the
integrity of the envelope.*
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Taiwoaremu: 5:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
Cmanforall:

Thank you.
please do you receive the message as below?
officially certified:
- Transcript of records
*We cannot consider the
the country-specific
requirement. There is
may have been opened and
please i wanna know in order for me to be fully clear about my transcript rejection
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
this is an example of the back flap stuff

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
Taiwoaremu:

please do you receive the message as below?
officially certified:
- Transcript of records
*We cannot consider the
the country-specific
requirement. There is
may have been opened and
please i wanna know in order for me to be fully clear about my transcript rejection

Mine didn't read that way.... See how they sent the mail:

We have received the following documents but they were not officially certified:
- Transcript of records

*Please note that an official transcript of records must be submitted to University Admissions Finland by the awarding institution. The envelope must be sealed by the awarding institution’s official stamp across the back flap. The transcript of records must come to UAF directly from the awarding institution and cannot be sent by the applicant.

It is acceptable if the envelope contains other official documents awarded by the institution (e.g. degree certificate and diploma supplement). However, no other enclosures can be submitted with the transcript of records.*

Please make sure that all the required enclosures reach UAF by the given deadline as late enclosures are not processed.

People, what input do you have to make.
Please contribute.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 7:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
adebasket97:
this is an example of the back flap stuff

But my transcript was stamped like that...
I'm very sure of that.

I want to know if I should stamp front and back in the one I'll ask my school to send back to them when I make the request next week.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Taiwoaremu: 7:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
Cmanforall:

Mine didn't read that way.... See how they sent the mail:

We have received the following documents but they were not officially certified:
- Transcript of records

*Please note that an official transcript of records must be submitted to University Admissions Finland by the awarding institution. The envelope must be sealed by the awarding institution’s official stamp across the back flap. The transcript of records must come to UAF directly from the awarding institution and cannot be sent by the applicant.

It is acceptable if the envelope contains other official documents awarded by the institution (e.g. degree certificate and diploma supplement). However, no other enclosures can be submitted with the transcript of records.*

Please make sure that all the required enclosures reach UAF by the given deadline as late enclosures are not processed.

People, what input do you have to make.
Please contribute.
do u send it urself? If yes, may that is d reason y it was rejected.
Mine wasnt stamp at the back and they never included that in the rejection mail which make me confused. Have actually resent anoda one and also wasnt stamp at d back but stamped across the sealed part which make me to b scared. dy received it on tuesday but av not been mailed as regard any new development.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by vhickky(f): 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
olabode89:

Contrary to what sureboy posted.... I think you can still meet the deadline for Lappeenranta University of Technology (Deadline is 27th of February) if
1. you are an engineering graduate
2. You have an international passport or u have about 20K to process it (it take 2days max)
3. Your school is proactive and u can get ur transcript in 2weeks
4. You have about 40K to prep for PTE Academics (I practiced for about 6 days and scored 73/90, the min accepted score is usually between 54 and 62).
5. Lastly u have about 30K to send your transcript and application using courier (DHL/UPS).
6. You can raise 1.5M before April/May 2015.

Since you are an OTONDO u should have enough time to get your certificates notarized, work on your motivation letter and get some reference letters.

So the ball is in your court, what are u going to do??
I will most definitely wait......my service is ending October sef.... and I no get all those monies too, I am waiting to get paid for election rigging....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by uzhi(m): 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
That was the exact message they sent to me weeks back. I then took a photocopy of my certificate to my sch nd they stamped it. Then I added it to the new transcript inside d sch official envelope nd it was accepted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.