Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy (27831 Views)

Driver’s Death In LASTMA Custody Stirs Controversy / Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch / "Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
emmatok:

Then GOWON and GOWON alone should take responsibilities for tha War .
Awo was just a minister, not even a Military officers like OBJ.
I have noticed that it is easy for you Ibos to confront the Yorubas than the Hausa/Fulanis.

Gowon has his hands full with the whirlwind his people are reaping after sowing the wind. He backed the wrong horse and now his people are enjoying some deadly romance with his fulani allies in the war.
It is easier to confront the yoruba because they are snakes, if a snake comes into your house and a yoruba man enters at the same time, first kill the yoruba man and leave the snake, the yoruba man is much more poisnous than a snake!
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

if you have any shame in you, you will note this irony, how come achebe, a cripple is much more popular than the best yoruba man? food for thought

popular than who? Even in the field of literature, he is yet to achieve what a Yoruba son achieved several years ago-a Nobel Prize! Deal with it.

In politics, where were your former leaders? Okueniyan.

Is it not the same Finance Minister portifolio that Awolowo controlled during war without borrowing a kobo that Okonjo Iweala is holding but has been a total embarrassment to the whole world? They are even borrowing money to run recurrent expenditure.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

lagos became what it is because of commerce and access to the sea when there was very little air transportation and the port was used by the colonilists to shift everything in and out. after independence and with increased local business, the igbo came in and sustained the tempo while the average yoruba lazy azz was busy romancing fat buttocks of women

Igbo people put the sea in Lagos. You guys put the seaport in Lagos. I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by emmatok(m): 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

lagos became what it is because of commerce and access to the sea when there was very little air transportation and the port was used by the colonilists to shift everything in and out. after independence and with increased local business, the igbo came in and sustained the tempo while the average yoruba lazy azz was busy romancing fat buttocks of women

See why I said you people are delusional.
Is Lagos the only state with access to the sea.
Is Lagos the only former capital of Nigeria.
Do you think those fake and used goods sold by Ibos matters to Lagos.
Lagos was the Industrial hub of Nigeria.
Thanks to Awo.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Ngodigha: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
felifeli:

Because they know Hausa do not take nonsense, they just bring out their suya knife. Game over.
But Yorubas are the tolerant Christian. Abuse them insult them and they will continue to smile and still feed them. Because we are highly cultured - thanks to people like Papa Awo.
First class monkey, The Igbo have always carried out reprissal attacks on the Hausa-Fulanis, and in those occasions, they are more bloddy. Check out attacks on hausas in Asaba, Oyigbo, Okigwe, Aba, Onitsha etc.
But in the Yoruba case, what have they done to the Hausas who kill them every day in Sagamu, Lagos and all over yorugbaland.Idiott.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by samkoro: 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
demmy:

If the highlighted were true you wouldn't whine about how Lagos landlords are not renting houses to you igboids.

And believe me from now on its going to be even more difficult for you.

Is an old news,it hasn't stopped anything.The wise yoruba landlords still rent to igbos cos they pay rents.The yoruba tenant will pay rent this year and beg you th rest of the years.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by asha80(m): 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
felifeli:

Because they know Hausa do not take nonsense, they just bring out their suya knife. Game over.
But Yorubas are the tolerant Christian. Abuse them insult them and they will continue to smile and still feed them. Because we are highly cultured - thanks to people like Papa Awo.

funny some guys do not know that there people are also game in the north.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ngodigha:
First class monkey, The Igbo have always carried out reprissal attacks on the Hausa-Fulanis, and in those occasions, they are more bloddy. Check out attacks on hausas in Asaba, Oyigbo, Okigwe, Aba, Onitsha etc.
But in the Yoruba case, what have they done to the Hausas who kill them every day in Sagamu, Lagos and all over yorugbaland.Idiott.

We don't rely on brutal force. We use wisdom. When you speak idiocy, we speak policy.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

popular than who? Even in the field of literature, he is yet to achieve what a Yoruba son achieved several years ago-a Nobel Prize! Deal with it.

In politics, where were your former leaders? Okueniyan.

Is it not the same Finance Minister portifolio that Awolowo controlled during war without borrowing a kobo that Okonjo Iweala is holding but has been a total embarrassment to the whole world? They are even borrowing money to run recurrent expenditure.

Soyinka? I respect him for his achievement but the white man must find his writings easier to understand hence the nobel price. I can proudly say that Okigbo was a better writer than soyinka?

Okonjo iweala negotiated a debt relief for this useless country after your fathers embezzled the money after the war. It was so easy to be finance minister back then, how many banks did we have then, how many people even knew what a bank was?
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by demmy(m): 10:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

and those containers and ship loads are street trading also, just watch who will buy up eko atlantic, can you guess? ho ho ho

This is laughable because according to National Bureau of Statistics poverty is as high as 73% in certain igboid area like Ebonyi. No part of Yoruba have that kind of poverty. Considering you're that poor how the hell are you going to afford to buy up Eko Atlantic?

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information/details/Ebonyi
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Igbo people put the sea in Lagos. You guys put the seaport in Lagos. I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead.

you fuul, cant you think? igbo people put the COMMERCE in lagos!
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
demmy:

This is laughable because according to National Bureau of Statistics poverty is as high as 73% in certain igboid area like Ebonyi. No part of Yoruba have that kind of poverty. Considering you're that poor how the hell are you going to afford to buy up Eko Atlantic?

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information/details/Ebonyi

Lies, there is no igbo state with that kind of figure, ebonyi produces rice, enough casava to feed the nation and every type of food staple, they are only catching up because the state is new. but ebonyi will beat oshun, ekiti and ondo states in riches anyday.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Ngodigha: 10:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

We don't rely on brutal force. We use wisdom. When you speak idiocy, we speak policy.

Dude, only Anambra/Anioma people will push you to the sea and not the entire Igbo nation.
Try it.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

copy and paste, is your brain failing you grin

copy and paste, is your brain failing you
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

Soyinka? I respect him for his achievement but the white man must find his writings easier to understand hence the nobel price. I can proudly say that Okigbo was a better writer than soyinka?

Okonjo iweala negotiated a debt relief for this useless country after your fathers embezzled the money after the war. It was so easy to be finance minister back then, how many banks did we have then, how many people even knew what a bank was?

can Achebe compose a compound complex sentence? Read Achebe books, they are full of one sentence structure. Have you read Soyinka's The Man Died? It's a great piece of work that every reasonable fellow should possess. Oyinbo man is not a fool. They know intelligence can not be sustained on copy and paste. Who gave Iweala the approval to negotiate Debt relief? OBJ. When OBJ was done with her, he pushed the fat a$$ in Foreign Ministry? It's only a clueless GEJ that's recycling OBJs dead woods-Okupe, Okonjo et al.

I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead. Where is Okigbo? Killed in action during Biafra war.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

I almost fainted! When did the first Igbo man cross the niger and arrived in Lagos? I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

copy and paste, is your brain failing you grin

copy and paste, is your brain failing you

You type the same nonsense again and again no wonder you get same response repeatedly.

yeah, you speak idiocy, I speak policy
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

can Achebe compose a compound complex sentence? Read Achebe books, they are full of one sentence structure. Have you read Soyinka's The Man Died? It's a great piece of work that every reasonable fellow should possess. Oyinbo man is not a fool. They know intelligence can not be sustained on copy and paste. Who gave Iweala the approval to negotiate Debt relief? OBJ. When OBJ was done with her, he pushed the fat a$$ in Foreign Ministry? It's only a clueless GEJ that's recycling OBJs dead woods-Okupe, Okonjo et al.

I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead. Where is Okigbo? Killed in action during Biafra war.

Thank you for exposing soyinka, he was writing for the white man to read while achebe made sure our people understood him.

Who negotiated the debt relief was the question and not who gave the approval? The yoruba are good at stealing the glory of others but we know what happened.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

Lies, there is no igbo state with that kind of figure, ebonyi produces rice, enough casava to feed the nation and every type of food staple, they are only catching up because the state is new. but ebonyi will beat oshun, ekiti and ondo states in riches anyday.

Oh God rice! That's part of commerce the brought to Lagos. Fooools.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

I almost fainted! When did the first Igbo man cross the niger and arrived in Lagos? I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead.

before the likes of your bush men from ogun and oyo knew where lagos was located, check the land ownership stats and the population
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Oh God rice! That's part of commerce the brought to Lagos. Fooools.

Yes, the local rice with brown look very rich in vitamins and not your Tai rice
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

Thank you for exposing soyinka, he was writing for the white man to read while achebe made sure our people understood him.

Who negotiated the debt relief was the question and not who gave the approval? The yoruba are good at stealing the glory of others but we know what happened.

What a completely certified fool? An author who write a great piece of book is destined to win awards. Nothing a shallow metricious mediocre book full of copy and paste proverbs that is being overly hyped here and there.

Can you negotiate without approval foooooooool? You are not bright.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by demmy(m): 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Don't mind the fools.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

I was begged repeatedly by my Igbo chic, a spoil of war of course, to buy one in Miami the other day. We couldn't eat it. We gave it to my cat. You can't believe it, Kiki rejected the nonsense.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by felifeli: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

You mean Ofada rice ? Ofada is just a few kilometers from Lagos by the way . grin grin
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Akshow: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
Achebe is a bitter, pitiable, senile, crippled old man. Dont blame him too much, he had to Get the bitterness of decades off his chest b4 e dies. with such bitterness i Imagine it will be soon. Terrible unforgivin retarded old man.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

What a completely certified fool? An author who write a great piece of book is destined to win awards. Nothing a shallow metricious mediocre book full of copy and paste proverbs that is being overly hyped here and there.

Can you negotiate without approval foooooooool? You are not bright.

Achebe also won awards and is still being begged to come take up some more, his books are classics and you are impotent to that fact

Without Okonjo iweala, you would still be in debt, obj is a leper in international finance circles, you are a big fat foooooooool
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Yujin(m): 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
Wow, the thread has gotten to its ninth page already.
Well, Awolowo has long gone I believe with regrets. Those who supported/are supporting the role he played during the civil war will reap the commensurate fruits thereof.
Achebe was specific on the person of Awo and not on the entire Yorubas. Those wishing the Igbos to 'just forget about the genocidal war and move on' are dreaming. The bombing of markets, hospitals, schools among other civillian settlements exposed the real intentions of the then nigerian government. We are about 2million+ souls and not animals here. The policies that suceeded the war convinced the remaining Igbos who were in doubt of the evil intentions of their supposed fellow compatriots that they are struggle for survive even if it means denying your people and changing the names of your communities. The damage was too much. Thank God God does not sleep nor slumber.
Without appropriate apologies and compensation(justice), a united nigeria would be impossible.
Those spewing venom on the Yoruba should know that the action of a few evil Yoruba elites is not enough to see the Yorubas as enemies. Do not forget honourable men of conscience like Fajuyi, Pa Adesanya, Soyinka and many others who spoke and acted against injustice when it mattered. I do understand the pains of seeing your fellow southern christians showing no concern over your feelings but you must know that the Yorubas are peaceful unlike the murderous Hausa/Fulanis(the main problem of nigeria). With more innocent blood accumulating in the north courtesy northern muslims(boko haram), it is not yet uhuru until a rematch is played. All avenues shall be employed. He that has ears let him hear.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by emmatok(m): 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

Ha, do you know the meaning of commerce at all.
Thank God to those Shopping malls(kingsway, leventis e.t.c) you destroyed with you fake petty traded are coming back.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
Akshow: Achebe is a bitter, pitiable, senile, crippled old man. Dont blame him too much, he had to Get the bitterness of decades off his chest b4 e dies. with such bitterness i Imagine it will be soon. Terrible unforgivin retarded old man.

Finally, I see one good comment since morning. Thanks bros.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by vanbonattel: 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2012
felifeli:

You mean Ofada rice ? Ofada is just a few kilometers from Lagos by the way . grin grin

Ofada rice is in ogun, abakaliki rice is in ebonyi, abi you wan steal them glory like your fathers always do?
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir Stirs Controversy by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
van bonattel:

Achebe also won awards and is still being begged to come take up some more, his books are classics and you are impotent to that fact

Without Okonjo iweala, you would still be in debt, obj is a leper in international finance circles, you are a big fat foooooooool

Classic my a$$? I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Herdsmen Hail Suspension Of Ruga Settlements / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Police Prevented Us From Rescuing People - Eyewitness / Buhari 50% Salary Cut: Following The Noble Step Of Dr Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.