Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) (30496 Views)

Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Raw Video Of Uniport Aluu 4 Killings Viewers Discretion Advised / Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by rman: 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
smtx:

WHAT So the village head gets provisions and allowances from d govt to prosecute and take laws into his hands? Such a ruler isnt fit to be one, he based his decision without proper investigation. Even after investigations, culprits should be dully handed over for PROPER JUDGEMENT to passed according to the constitution.

...you didnt read the account of one of the sister of the KIDS? Guy check you facts very well and STOP JUSTIFYING JUNGLE JUSTICE!!!

I am not justifying jungle justice, just applying logic, everyone except a few is responding to this issue exactly the same why the Aluu community did. INCLUDING YOU.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by dhanmccoy: 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
If Lucky truely felt there was a threat to his life, he had every right to raise an alarm. What we don't get is, after the danger was averted, why didn't he come out and say he actually owed them money? That's plain reason.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by aurenflani: 7:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
Horus: [size=17pt]Police arrest mastermind of UNIPORT killings[/size]

The Police in Rivers State said they have arrested the mastermind and prime suspect of the ALUU murder, Coxson Lerebori Lucky, aka Bright.

Mr Lucky was declared wanted by the Nigerian Police on Monday for the brutal murder of four students of the University of Port Harcourt – Ugonna Obuzor, 18, 200 Level Geology; Lloyd Toku, 19, 200 Level Civil Engineering; Tekena Elkanah, 20, a Diploma Technical student and Chiadika Biringa, 20, 200 Level Theatre Arts.

He allegedly raised the false alarm which got the students killed.

21 people have so far been arrested and the IG of police has ordered an inquest into the alleged involvement of police men and have promised to bring to book any officer found involved in the killing.

Source: http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/16/police-arrest-mastermind-of-uniport-killings/

These boys made a bad decision when they paid the man a visit mafia style, brandishing a gun. Since when has gun turned to the negotiation tool when seeking repayment from a debtor, even a stubborn one for that mattet?

The circumstances of the time we are in would never favour such stupidity.Unfortunately the payment outcome due to their action resulted in their horribly, forced dead. But in truth they helped in their ending, the wau it deed.

I will advice the debtor to get a very good attorney because it is clear the dead left a huge loophole for him to use in this case.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by jpphilips(m): 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
chronique: @jp philips:

You really have a low I.Q and bad education as far as this subject is concerned. So,the judge will set the accused/suspect(s) free for saying/trying to prove that they were a threat to his life if he provides witnesses? What constitutes threat? Are you aware that the victims in death are presumed innocent of the crime? Did they find any weapon on any of them? Even if the debtor calls witnesses to say they saw them with weapons,are you aware that the weapons will have to be provided and forensic tests would be carried out to determine whose finger prints are on those weapons? If you claim they were cultists/thieves,where are the weapons/stolen items recovered from them(in the video)? No evidence of any stolen item/weapon in the recording. Moreover,ignorance is not an excuse in the court of law. No citizen has the right to kill a "suspect" who is suppose to be "innocent" until proven guilty in the court of law. Self defence doesnt apply here cos they weren't killed during a fight or arguement. This is a case of a properly planned action which can be termed as "malicious" as they were paraded naked,their rights to fair hearing was violated,they were beaten for hours before finally being set ablaze. They had the victims for hours & didn't hand them over to the police/law enforcement agents. Moreover,the police are claiming they were chased away with stones from the mob. This worsens the defence of the suspect(s) in custody as they'd also be accused of deliberately obstructing justice. Under this scenario,self defence doesnt apply. Salient points should be noted here: the sibling of one of the victim had identified at least one of them as her brother & pleaded that he wad innocent. But she was bullied & threatened to run away or risk being added to the four. This means that the only option for them at that point should have been handing over suspects to the police since someone was identified. It would have been a little bit more difficult if no one was able to identify at least one of them. Pls dont go about misinforming people on subjects you have no proper/comprehensive knowledge/information about. Thanks.
I wouldn't have replied but then,you've shown so much ignorance in your thesis above. You need proper education on the matter at hand before you can speak. No legal practictioner will back you up with all these stuffs you wrote above.

ok, 4/5 men (students) storms his house, he identifies one as his creditor,the uninvited guests started threatening his life in any way.

he calls for help, vigilante arrives, the fifth (from the story) escapes who appears to be the biggest threat, the debtor gets a window of opportunity to escape, while the vigilante was busy with the rest 4.

he runs to ph from Aluu (depending on how scared he is) only to hear that the boys were dead,the next day, tell me the chance he has to save those boys?
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by pak: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2012
rman and pro 01,
please be ready for attacks left right and centre for pointing out obvious observations to people who are definitely not ready to entertain dissenting opinion.

Pro01, you especially hit the nail on the head with your previous mail regarding the police complicity and the likelihood that they might play to the gallery.

I'll urge you to quickly skim through the thread below to witness the level of attack I faced when making similar points earlier. Its beyond shocking.

https://www.nairaland.com/1075527/names-masterminds-gruesome-murder-aluu4/1
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by pak: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
Based on observations,

the set of people most likely to have defended the 4 boys had they had the chance before they were lynched are also the ones who have called for caution in the condemnation of the guy who raised the alarm.

What is being displayed here is a form of 'crowd mentality', which is exactly why the ALUU people all joined hands in participating in an unnecessary killing in the first place.

I remember Linda Ikeji (and even here on Nairaland) initially identified the boys as robbers before we started getting more info.
If only we learn as a people that regardless of the circumstance, we need to exercise caution and ask the 'whys', the 'ifs' and the what ifs before jumping to conclusion, the ALUU killing and several other meaningless deaths could have been avoided.

Question is: what do you think a crowd will do now, if suddenly they lay hands on the Coxson guy now . . . .
Your guess is as good as mine. Yet we condemn ALUU without taking a deep look at ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by mavinc4u(f): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
rman:

Your argument is completely flawed.
Four young innocent boys went into a dangerous terrain to collect a debt from a known cultist with a loaded weapon at 5am in the morning. If you believe this you can believe anything!

hello,guy or lady,whichever.are your senses intact or do you have problem with your medulla oblongata cos i don't understand what exactly you are trying to say.is either you quoted me wrongly or something cos i didn't see any fault in my statement.how could you be beating a drum and dancing to it as well? I wonder what you meant by if i should beleive? I don't comment because others are commenting,i comment when i have important message to pass accross. So please check who that comment you made was meant for,unless you use so many ids here then i will understand. And by the way,were you there when the guys went there to know they went fully loaded with weapons but i wonder why they didn't show us the pictures of the loaded weapons or is there something else you know,you will like the police to know about.just curious cos i can read the hand writing on your wall. You better ask someone to wake you up from this sleep unless you are from Aluu trying to defend a brother then is a normal thing.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by kinnkw(m): 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
jp philips:

Above in red was a post i wrote sometime and you conveniently ignored this quote from the post

after reading it, you landed on the word "accuse"

i wouldn't know, but it is difficult to argue with someone whose comprehension is poor.

are you in anyway related to "DEDEIKE"..... no offense though

DUDE GET A LIFE

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by onyxo76(m): 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
tuned into the 7pm news on silverbird tv,the suspects involved were paraded.one of the suspects said one of the policemen assisted in the beating.saw the useless chief of aluu seated on the bare concrete.those suspects are finished.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by rman: 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
mavinc4u:

hello,guy or lady,whichever.are your senses intact or do you have problem with your medulla oblongata cos i don't understand what exactly you are trying to say.is either you quoted me wrongly or something cos i didn't see any fault in my statement.how could you be beating a drum and dancing to it as well? I wonder what you meant by if i should beleive? I don't comment because others are commenting,i comment when i have important message to pass accross. So please check who that comment you made was meant for,unless you use so many ids here then i will understand. And by the way,were you there when the guys went there to know they went fully loaded with weapons but i wonder why they didn't show us the pictures of the loaded weapons or is there something else you know,you will like the police to know about.just curious cos i can read the hand writing on your wall. You better ask someone to wake you up from this sleep unless you are from Aluu trying to defend a brother then is a normal thing.

Lack of logic/critical thinking. Everthing you typed up there is simply based on emotions. I can see that you also tried so hard from insulting me.

Obvious flaws in your write up are:

- You assumed I am from Aluu.
- You think you can not be wrong. The Aluu murderes also thought the boys were guilty ( do u now see the similarity between you and the murderers )
- You want a picture of the weapon? Who will send that? What version of the story did you base your conclusion on.
- Were you also there to know if they were not carrying a weapon? Logically, I can conclude they were. The weapon and because they were in numbers is the major reason they were bold enough to go into a cultist house in the middle of the night.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by tpia5: 8:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
If the whole thing was videotaped from start to finish then whoever said the policemen gave them the go ahead, should provide the evidence.

After all, it should have been caught on film.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by tpia5: 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
Why are we not seeing photos of the arraigned suspects?

When everybody has seen photos and videos of the actual killing?
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by tayoccu(m): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
morzook: Don't really like dropping comments but it's been baffling me: what in the world would he be charged for, what is his crime?

Try manslaughter for starters,I'm sure the prosecutors can think of more charges.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by omenka(m): 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
morzook: Don't really like dropping comments but it's been baffling me: what in the world would he be charged for, what is his crime?
He can be charged with being an accesory to murder I guess
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by queensmith: 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
this is another lie- the lies the nigerian media love to propagate. Why dont they confirm information before releasing it?
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
@jp phillips & the others displaying stark ignorance.

this is the basis of a legal case against coxson;

facts of the matter:
coxson raised an alarm.
vigilante/people around apprehended the boys.
the chief passed judgement(meaning coxson's side of the story was heard and believed.
the boys were killed.

now this is the case;
coxson raised an alarm knowing fully well that the alarm was false which resulted to the apprehension and killing of the boys therefore he will be charged for accessory to murder. i.e he raised the alarm because he knew the reaction from the public and concealed information deliberately with the intent to cause bodily harm on the boys via proxy.

secondly, coxson raised a false alarm therefore his words stood as the basis the community/vigilante had for the jungle justice carried out on the boys. jungle justice being a criminal act thereby aiding and abetting a crime!

A BABY LAWYER WILL TELL YOU ALL THIS! NOTHING COMPLICATED

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
jp philips:

ok, 4/5 men (students) storms his house, he identifies one as his creditor,the uninvited guests started threatening his life in any way.

he calls for help, vigilante arrives, the fifth (from the story) escapes who appears to be the biggest threat, the debtor gets a window of opportunity to escape, while the vigilante was busy with the rest 4.

he runs to ph from Aluu (depending on how scared he is) only to hear that the boys were dead,the next day, tell me the chance he has to save those boys?
u raised an alarm dat u wia bin threatened,vgltee came n carried dem away,so y r u stil runnin away

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by omenka(m): 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
rman:

Can you be bold enough to walk into AIG's office to explain what five boys are doing at 5am in another mans house?
What proof do you have that they are there to collect a debt? What proof do you also have that a gun was not carried?
How did a simple debt collection process degenerate into a serious mess that lead to brutal murder of four?
Did they run when the alarm was raised?
Did the debtor want them dead before? He could have just said ''these are my friends'' and everything will be fine?
How did the situation become chaotic? If they were calm and right in the debtors house when the vigilante came, the outcome maybe different.

What most of us also did not think of is the fact that they were given an opportunity to explain there mission to the village head. Their story must be so unconvincing for the village head to sanction their death ( if it is true he actually did). All the time they were being moved around, how come not a single soul recognised or put a call through to people that could help their case?

There are many loopholes in the story told to favor the guys.

THE ONLY SET OF PEOPLE THAT DESERVE PROSECUTION ARE THE GUYS DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN KILLING THE BOYS. EVERYOTHER PERSON CAN ACTUALY PROVE THEIR CASE AND WALK FREE, INCLUDING THE VILLAGE HEAD.

In your country's constitution, your village head has the constitutional obligation to sanction death abi?
Even the president and commander in chief of the country cannot sanction the death of any citizen until proven guilty of crime committed.

The village head constituted the vigilante group and before they enforce any barbaric agenda,community head must be privy. So absolving the man of any wrong doing is injustice of the highest order and no legal luminary can make him walk free.

Infact, for his ignorance and stupidity of taking the laws into his hand ,government is likely to educate him how hierarchy and bureaucracy works in its business in an unpleasant manner he will never forget.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
rman:

Can you be bold enough to walk into AIG's office to explain what five boys are doing at 5am in another mans house?
What proof do you have that they are there to collect a debt? What proof do you also have that a gun was not carried?
How did a simple debt collection process degenerate into a serious mess that lead to brutal murder of four?
Did they run when the alarm was raised?
Did the debtor want them dead before? He could have just said ''these are my friends'' and everything will be fine?
How did the situation become chaotic? If they were calm and right in the debtors house when the vigilante came, the outcome maybe different.

What most of us also did not think of is the fact that they were given an opportunity to explain there mission to the village head. Their story must be so unconvincing for the village head to sanction their death ( if it is true he actually did). All the time they were being moved around, how come not a single soul recognised or put a call through to people that could help their case?

There are many loopholes in the story told to favor the guys.

THE ONLY SET OF PEOPLE THAT DESERVE PROSECUTION ARE THE GUYS DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN KILLING THE BOYS. EVERYOTHER PERSON CAN ACTUALY PROVE THEIR CASE AND WALK FREE, INCLUDING THE VILLAGE HEAD.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by mavinc4u(f): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
rman:

Lack of logic/critical thinking. Everthing you typed up there is simply based on emotions. I can see that you also tried so hard from insulting me.

Obvious flaws in your write up are:

- You assumed I am from Aluu.
- You think you can not be wrong. The Aluu murderes also thought the boys were guilty ( do u now see the similarity between you and the murderers )
- You want a picture of the weapon? Who will send that? What version of the story did you base your conclusion on.
- Were you also there to know if they were not carrying a weapon? Logically, I can conclude they were. The weapon and because they were in numbers is the major reason they were bold enough to go into a cultist house in the middle of the night.

i can now see that you are really confused and also acting in emotion that your brother has been caught. You said, i tried to insult you;in what ways please,do you actually know the difference between a question and an insult.please take this example and relate it to what i said:you are a goat and are you a goat? Are they the same. as for the side of story i base,you will need to go back to my first post and read what the guy stated and go through my quote from the guys post and come back to where you quoted me with a cofused statement then you will find out if am on anyone side.i don't repeat myself unless on important notes,just go back to the post that brought my comment. i pick points and do my explanation so as far as am concern you have no points to be picked,let alone doing any explanation for you.even if i should break your head and put all my explantions inside,it will never be useful cos you have no points to be picked.sorry just try another person like you,he/she might give you what you are looking for. So sorry i couldn't do that.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Osheshe(f): 9:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
proO1: The tyranny of the majority is in full swing, and it is disgraceful to say the least. It's now so bad that the obtuse mods had to bar my regular handle from commenting on this topic, because they assumed that my opinion wouldn't sheepishly align with that of the majority!

JP Phillips made very valid postulations on this matter, and I'm not surprised that most posters are baying for his blood - just like the Aluu mob they hypocritically loathe - simply because he dares to hold a different view.

The fact remains that the police are playing to the gallery in this matter, as I suspected they would. The overly sentimental and illogical public outcry from the outset had already compromised the investigations and guranteed that there could only be ONE outcome - an outcome that appeals to the biased sensibilities of the public.

Most people already blindly and stubbornly presumed these 'fine boys' were innocent from the beginning, without bothering to ask/care about anything else. The current IGP is a man who prides himself as a media sweetheart; a man who is a master in the art of ingratiating himself with the public, and swimming with the tide of public opinion. As such, it would tarnish his public image if he 'allows' the investigation reveal anything that even remotely negates what the tyrannical majority already believe. If the IGP finds out that these boys were cultists, and that they in fact went with a gun to extort/threaten a fellow student, he would BURY that evidence simply because that is not what the public wants to hear. He is condemned to feed the public with only what they prefer to hear.

Now, how on earth is the said Coxson Lerebori a "mastermind" of anything? Have the police proved that he PLANNED the boys' murder by luring them to his house at midnight and colluding with the local mob to kill all four of them? If he simply raised the JUSTIFIED alarm that some cultists were subjecting him to violence in his own house, and then local vigilantes intervened to rescue him from his tormentors, how on earth does that make him a mastermind of anything? The world is truly a terrible place, considering how biased and deliberately blind-to-reason most people can be!
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
proO1: The tyranny of the majority is in full swing, and it is disgraceful to say the least. It's now so bad that the obtuse mods had to bar my regular handle from commenting on this topic, because they assumed that my opinion wouldn't sheepishly align with that of the majority!

JP Phillips made very valid postulations on this matter, and I'm not surprised that most posters are baying for his blood - just like the Aluu mob they hypocritically loathe - simply because he dares to hold a different view.

The fact remains that the police are playing to the gallery in this matter, as I suspected they would. The overly sentimental and illogical public outcry from the outset had already compromised the investigations and guranteed that there could only be ONE outcome - an outcome that appeals to the biased sensibilities of the public.

Most people already blindly and stubbornly presumed these 'fine boys' were innocent from the beginning, without bothering to ask/care about anything else. The current IGP is a man who prides himself as a media sweetheart; a man who is a master in the art of ingratiating himself with the public, and swimming with the tide of public opinion. As such, it would tarnish his public image if he 'allows' the investigation reveal anything that even remotely negates what the tyrannical majority already believe. If the IGP finds out that these boys were cultists, and that they in fact went with a gun to extort/threaten a fellow student, he would BURY that evidence simply because that is not what the public wants to hear. He is condemned to feed the public with only what they prefer to hear.

Now, how on earth is the said Coxson Lerebori a "mastermind" of anything? Have the police proved that he PLANNED the boys' murder by luring them to his house at midnight and colluding with the local mob to kill all four of them? If he simply raised the JUSTIFIED alarm that some cultists were subjecting him to violence in his own house, and then local vigilantes intervened to rescue him from his tormentors, how on earth does that make him a mastermind of anything? The world is truly a terrible place, considering how biased and deliberately blind-to-reason most people can be!

1. JP Phillips made very valid postulations on this matter, - If you are honest, they are postulations not fact. So no one can judge the boys based on Valid postulations.

2. The fact remains that the police are playing to the gallery in this matter, as I suspected they would. - Another speculation, not facts. Now you are judging the investigation base on what you suspect.

3. Most people already blindly and stubbornly presumed these 'fine boys' were innocent from the beginning, - I have been on this topic on nairaland for a while. I hardly saw anybody proclaiming the boys innocent. They only told people to stop branding the ALUU4 as cultists without proof. It will be wrong calling them cultists, if really they are innocent. That doesn't show that people are brandishing them as innocent victims.

4. Now, how on earth is the said Coxson Lerebori a "mastermind" of anything? - The police have not yet concluded their investigation but from their ongoing investigation, he was declared wanted for questioning. Their investigation is pointing to him raising a false alarm. People are happy he is gotten. They are not celebrating a verdict. So don't make it look as if they are tagging him guilty.

5. If he simply raised the JUSTIFIED alarm that some cultists were subjecting him to violence in his own house - You are still speculating.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Horus(m): 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2012
[size=15pt]PICTURES - 13 of the lynchers (Aluu 4) [/size] https://www.nairaland.com/1076606/pictures-13-suspects-lynchers-charged#12583834

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by mbaemeka(m): 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
First they were robbers and cultists that stole laptops and phones and raped women. Later they were just robbers. After a while they became cultists smoking weed in an uncompleted building who decided to decap their capone. Somebody on nairaland even swore that he was a member of the confratenity and that he recognised them. I kept saying not true, not true, not true.

Firstly, the whole 12AM, 3AM, 5AM talk was not true. They didnt go there at any such ungodly hour. Ugonna spoke to a girl (a family friend) around 6ish this had to be before the whole incident started. I have said it here repeatedly. also does it make sense that they were apprehended say 3am and kept till 10, 11am before they were killed? The whole thing transpired in the morning (I'm talking 7-11am)

secondly, ALUU is not a "dangerous" community as some of you are trying to make it seem. I lived there while I was in that school. Alot of students live there too, that's why you could see some students recording the dastardly act. Even Tekana's sister said she lived in that vicinity too. So its not like they visited a "dangerous place" at an "ungodly hour".

Thirdly, from what i gather from my family friend (the girl that spoke to him that morning), alot of people owed Ugonna money. It wasnt just the Pastor "Bright" Lelebori. I know of another girl that misplaced a laptop and he gave her 50K on the spot so that she could stop crying. That was how kind he was. You can carry out your investigations and you'd see what would turn up.

I also understand that he had tried to collect his money back from the Pastor severally but the "man of god" kept giving excuses and was constantly evading him. Everytime he would say I'm not in Ph, I am away on a conference, when I get back etc etc. The young man was frustrated. He didnt know what to do. Then he got a tip that the Bright was around in his apartment in Omoukhiri so he decided to pay him a visit early on when Mr man wouldnt be able to give an excuse. So he passed the night in a friends place that stayed close- One of the victims. (i know this much from the girl he spoke to because he was asking her to come and see him in school before she could resume hers (she attends a different school in niaja))

One of his friends that joined in even took a bike from infront of Abuja campus gate to go and catch up with his mates who were going to confront pastor bright. You can tell why he, Ugonna needed some back up against Lelebori-the pastor is atleast in his 30s and Ugo was/is 18 years old. The one that took a bike from the Abuja gate some people say he was just coming from a dance/Choir rehearsal that had taken place over night. (I am reporting this as I got the info)

Morerover if they were Armed you would want to believe they could have resisted being arrested by the vigilante (not Mob at this stage). Also their clothes, phones, wristwatches etc where stolen from them (Hypocritical) Why would they go on a mission to rob somebody and go with these things i mean, does it make sense?

Also they didnt even resist the arrest they tried to plead their case but it fell on deaf ears because like someone had earlier (and rightly said) the community had been housing some ill-will for the students of Uniport and really looking for an opportunity to pounce on them.

From my experience in Uniport I can also state authoritatively that if those boys where members of a cult group their group would have retaliated immediately. Afterall the whole act from parading them unclad to beating them etc took over a good 2hours. Their group would have gone there with guns probably to scare the mob and recover their members. i am also adamant that they would have killed the lynchers. I saw one Okadigbo killed in broad day light and as soon as he died his fellow "vicky" members came out in red and with guns trying to get back at the rival cult group.

In conclusion, I would never believe they were cultists, robbers, criminals etc. They didnt also go there at an ungodly hour, or for the wrong reasons. even in the video (according to Chidiakas mum) one could hear somebody yelling "beat them well well, shey dem wan collect your money? beat them well well". meaning that some folks got a wind of the reasons the boys were being beaten but egged the murderers on.

We have prayed, whether the police like it or not, whether the Vc likes it or not, Whether the governor likes it or not justice would be delivered. Mark my words!

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
gommex: There is no way coxson can escapd dis one,he had enof time 2 persuade dos vigilantee dat dos guys actually came 2 collect their money but decided 2 kip quiet n allowed d merciless beatin until they were finally burnt 2 death,

State prosecuting counsel will cross examine him thus:

Mr coxson, can you remember ever meeting any of the four deceased suspects before the attack on you?
YES and case closed.
NO...

Counsel: five boys armed attacked you and you have the gut to confront them even raising false alarm yet you were not shot and left the scene unscathed,how did you achieve that?

Mr.coxson... Miracle.

Counsel: when they were finally paraded as criminals and death sentence was pass on them, were you around to identify your attackers?

Mr.coxson...no sir, I was somewhere celebrating my escape from my assailants.

Counsel: did you make any formal report to the Nigeria police that you were attacked and robbed?

Mr. Coxson...no sir, we have vigilante saddle with that responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by rman: 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
mavinc4u:

i can now see that you are really confused and also acting in emotion that your brother has been caught. You said, i tried to insult you;in what ways please,do you actually know the difference between a question and an insult.please take this example and relate it to what i said:you are a goat and are you a goat? Are they the same. as for the side of story i base,you will need to go back to my first post and read what the guy stated and go through my quote from the guys post and come back to where you quoted me with a cofused statement then you will find out if am on anyone side.i don't repeat myself unless on important notes,just go back to the post that brought my comment. i pick points and do my explanation so as far as am concern you have no points to be picked,let alone doing any explanation for you.even if i should break your head and put all my explantions inside,it will never be useful cos you have no points to be picked.sorry just try another person like you,he/she might give you what you are looking for. So sorry i couldn't do that.

She is a kid.
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by dunmorris(m): 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
Yes i found Him On Facebook by Searching Google Maps Nice tip off By NPF grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by galadima77(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
seriously i didnt wanna comment, bt d show of barbaric tendencies by some ppl here wu say d guy dat intigated their lynching ws justified is drivin me nuts.
Even condemned criminals dont exit dis world in such manner and to "planck" and burn to death a fellow human....Did dey even inflict anyth on d debtor? Was he assaulted in anyway? Dey wouldnt kill him to claim their money...i guess.

So pls, let's just wait n see wat unfolds frm d investigation...bt someppl (atleast d guy dat plancked n burnt dem n d onlookers) need some jail terms. My fuss is d lynching

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Osheshe(f): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2012

Your Lordship, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, plus your civic rights stop at the point where another individual's rights begin.

You absolutely CANNOT shove your views down another man's throat. You will not be bashed or 'persecuted' for stating a view which is contrary to public opinion.

You will be bashed and 'persecuted' for LORDING it over others. Making use of derogratory terms such as 'tyrannical' (a part of me wonders if you truly understands what this means), 'blindly' and 'stubbornly' is probably why you got banned in the first instance.

Will it be too much of an effort for you to refrain from being condescending and demeaning when making your remarks? And with the least confrontational attitude possible?

It ticks me off when some peeps think they got the final say on a thread. If you feel the majority of those who dropped a comment here are 'biased' and blind, then kindly take yourself and your 'superior' opinion elsewhere, any place/thread where you can find 'like' minds.

Something caught my attention in your post though...where you referred to the vigilante group as the 'local mob'. Unwittingly, you dropped this, which tells me that some part of your sub-conscious mind recognizes the fact that their actions were irrational.

As for Coxson Lerebori...he is indeed culpable. If he raised the alarm because he felt threatened, why didn't he clear the 'air' after he was 'rescued'? If his hands were so 'clean', why did he have to go into hiding? Does an innocent man run? My curiousity has been piqued by this unfolding saga...

The public outcry is not based on sentiments...just because 'fine' boys were murdered. The outcry is based on gut-wrenching sorrow, caused by the manner in which they died! Whatever their sins or atrocities, those vigilante killers had no right whatsoever to take the law into their own hands.

Even in a court of law, the guilty get to have lawyers, and present their cases before a sane and rational jury...they are not condemned hastily or in a horrific manner as witnessed in the video clip.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by beneezy(m): 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Kai, you are funny. grin

Let's wait for fresh facts. cool
There is always two sides to a story, most especially when it involves more than one person
Re: Police Arrest Mastermind Of UNIPORT Killings (Coxson Lerebori Lucky) by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

The truth is that you have chosen to live in total ignorance of the fact that you wish these boys evil based on mere speculation. Even when the police Chief has not ever mentioned anything as them going with a cultist or shots being fired. You keep pressing and trying to make that prove your point.

It is totally wrong because you are judging them based on hear say. Whether you like it or not. The truth so far shows that a Cultist following them and shots fired are all lies. The police for now have tagged it a false alarm. As for dopeJemi What is the truth in spreading evil based on false allegations. Please stop the hate spread till the official report from the police support your claims, if not you guys are no different from the LYNCHERS

#JusticeforAluu4
He is 4rm Aluu he is just defending his kinsmen. We beta catch am and hand am over 2 de police cus he de defend dem like say he follow kill those boys *justthinking*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why We Planned To Bomb 3rd Mainland Bridge- Suspect / Yahoo Boy Bags 2 Years In Jail, For Internet Scam (Photo) / Boko Haram Terrorist Arrested In Ondo State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.