Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,384 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll (30028 Views)

PDP Will Win Gubernatorial Poll In 24 States – Mu’azu / Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) / Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by franchizy(m): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
We won't accept the results, LP and PDP rigged the election, we r heading to d Tribunal 4 justice, wat kind of country is dis, a shame to INEC and Ondo people
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by aljharem(m): 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
Princessaleeza: I love Acn because pdp wasn't doing right,but now am confused wit wot is goin on wit our governors now re day.
Rome is not built in a day.If Fashola want lag 2 look like London,b4 taking steps u look 4 alternatives,cos i dont no wot dey want okada 2 go into now dat they dont want them 2 work.
Anoda tin is dat majority cant go 2 higher institution because they cant afford it. Moreso,graduate re there looking 4 Job but there is no Job cos only d politician as d slot & if u go 2 any private coy they offer u N20,000.

Fashola has done his best. Whether we like it or not it is time he leaves. ACN has been resting on Fashola and Oshomoile's achievement that is what Tinubu has been campaigning about. Well that is about to change as we would not move forward if we keep trying the same drug for different illness.

Fashola cannot contest next election, all he would do with the forceful treat of Tinubu is recommend another successor aka Tinubu's ATM.

I would strongly advice us Lagosians to vote for PDP then next election after PDP, ACN can come in again. That is the way to keep our leaders on their toes.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by slimyem: 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
franchizy: We won't accept the results, LP and PDP rigged the election, we r heading to d Tribunal 4 justice, wat kind of country is dis, a shame to INEC and Ondo people
go to tribunal and go waste some more of the ACN states money...
You will come back empty-handed!!
Shame on you and all the members of the ACN!!
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by onatisi(m): 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
franchizy: We won't accept the results, LP and PDP rigged the election, we r heading to d Tribunal 4 justice, wat kind of country is dis, a shame to INEC and Ondo people
i beg go siddon,ranting on nl
the real power brokers are in their hotel rooms now counting how much they have made from this election
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by StuXnet2: 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
grin

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
alj harem:

Fashola has done his best. Whether we like it or not it is time he leaves. ACN has been resting on Fashola and Oshomoile's achievement that is what Tinubu has been campaigning about. Well that is about to change as we would not move forward if we keep trying the same drug for different illness.

Fashola cannot contest next election, all he would do with the forceful treat of Tinubu is recommend another successor aka Tinubu's ATM.

I would strongly advice us Lagosians to vote for PDP then next election after PDP, ACN can come in again. That is the way to keep our leaders on their toes.
i would agree with u. Bill clinton of the democratic party to power from a republican and he handed over to a republican. a republican pres bush handed over power to Obama a democrat. its good so complacency is discouraged

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by BetaThings: 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
alj harem:

So Lagos is badly-governed and the FG is perfect
So we need to change the party in Lagos but not at the FG level
This argument defies logic
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by aljharem(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
toba: i would agree wi8th u. Bill clinton of the democratic party to power from a republican and he handed over to a republican. a republican pres bush handed over power to Obama a democrat. its good so complacency is discouraged

My sentiment exactly.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Ozonna(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
Believe it or not, Yorubas are polically more enlightened than the rest of the tribes in nigeria. Look @ the debate, the contestants subjected demselves to the debate. The voters now chose d best candidate by dia own judgement.

I suggest that NASS amend our constitution empowering INEC to conduct guber/national elections in 2-3months as against condcting elections in the 37states in a day.

It'll make it easier for JEGA & co to manage the logistics well and their be enuf securitty to ensure free and fair elections. It'll be harder for politicians to rig if such a law is passed.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by ubong560(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
A big fucktop @ POVERTY DEVELOPMENT PARTY (PDP) and d dubious likes of TINUBU(ACN). Shame 2 dem all.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by BetaThings: 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
toba: i would agree wi8th u. Bill clinton of the democratic party to power from a republican and he handed over to a republican. a republican pres bush handed over power to Obama a democrat. its good so complacency is discouraged
And what did Bush Jnr do? 2 wars brought about the rapid catch-up of China with America. American debt is now 100% of GDP. It is now very difficult for America to fight a major war
I am indifferent about America but to say that we only need change in Lagos and not at the centre is strange
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Papishi(m): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
jude33084: So let's celebrate it grin
Plz can U̶̲̥̅̊ mail dis wine pix to me? My fone is not downloading it.
Michealdollars@yahoo.com
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by aljharem(m): 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
BetaThings:
So Lagos is badly-governed and the FG is perfect
So we need to change the party in Lagos but not at the FG level
This argument defies logic

Not at all, I was one of those advocating for a change in the FG aka Buhari for the same reason I argued above. Already it is a known deal that any presidential candidate that wins primaries in PDP is our president whether he is good or not. Why do you think ROTATION of power only as far as I know exist in PDP ?

Presently if not that Jonathan is under sooooo much pressure, I would also be relaxed and think it's business as usual.

Nigerians are increasely getting educated and aware of their rights. Tinubu and any other god-father SHOULD NOT BE ENCOURAGED because doing such would mean corruption would keep booming. That is where I like GEJ, he dropped his god-fathers and focus on the task at hand.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by onatisi(m): 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
from what i can deduce from ppls reactions here ,it seems ppl in lagos are tired of acn and that they want a chage ,if pdp or any other party presents a very very good and sellable candidate ,acn might have serious problems at the polls

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by aljharem(m): 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ozonna: Believe it or not, Yorubas are polically more enlightened than the rest of the tribes in nigeria. Look @ the debate, the contestants subjected demselves to the debate. The voters now chose d best candidate by dia own judgement.

I suggest that NASS amend our constitution empowering INEC to conduct guber/national elections in 2-3months as against condcting elections in the 37states in a day.

It'll make it easier for JEGA & co to manage the logistics well and their be enuf securitty to ensure free and fair elections. It'll be harder for politicians to rig if such a law is passed.

Bros that's a lie, the issue here is that others are enlightened but chose to remain ignorant for reasons best known to them.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by mrPero(m): 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
tinubu must be sitin in one corner wif his ogbolo eyes lickin his wounds.... I imagine how many million pounds sterling he has spent...... Mayb 50million..... Sorry sir, it's not always about money..... De peeps have spoken

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by joeyfire(m): 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
Yorubas don go far abeg. I really enjoyed the run-up to the election men!

Ozonna: Believe it or not, Yorubas are polically more enlightened than the rest of the tribes in nigeria. Look @ the debate, the contestants subjected demselves to the debate. The voters now chose d best candidate by dia own judgement.

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by aljharem(m): 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2012
BetaThings:
And what did Bush Jnr do? 2 wars brought about the rapid catch-up of China with America. American debt is now 100% of GDP. It is now very difficult for America to fight a major war
I am indifferent about America but to say that we only need change in Lagos and not at the centre is strange

What has the centre done for Lagos ? Most federal presence if not all are now in Abuja and SS of the country. What is left for Lagos WHICH THE FG still control are the sea and air ports. If not for the recent complains by Lagosians and foreigners alike do you think the present MMIA would be renovated ?

The FG does not care about Lagos, In fact to them, Lagos have no special statue. If you are not Abuja, South-south states then forget it.

When last has the FG repaired roads in Lagos ?
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by onatisi(m): 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2012
the outcome of this ondo election is a good omen,becos now other acn state govs will know that tinubu cannot save u at the polls if the ppl reject you ,i think this is likely to wake them up to start performing and in view of that there may be some conflicts between tinubu and some acn govs ,this election has proven that there is a limit to what tinubu can do,this will likely bring a limit on the orders they will be obeying from him

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by aljharem(m): 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
onatisi: the outcome of this ondo election is a good omen,becos now other acn state govs will know that tinubu cannot save u at the polls if the ppl reject you ,i think this is likely to wake them up to start performing and in view of that there may be some conflicts between tinubu and some acn govs ,this election has proven that there is a limit to what tinubu can do,this will likely bring a limit on the orders they will be obeying from him

well put
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Firefire(m): 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
as all of us are aware now. No party is better because they are all cross carpeting. All thiefing politicians!!!!
However, I have come to my personal opinion that ACN is not the best party neither PDP a good option.
Fashola, as at today has performed below expectations from Lagosians.
ACN as a party have LORD Tinubu singlerly nominating who get what ticket. No election, no voting but Nomination by the LORD of ACN.
PDP is even better small, they allow election while carjole party members to vote for party choice. (I am refering to Party Primaries)
The TIME HAS COME for us to taste another wine. Enough of ACN braging without much to show all over the western state.
The braging of ACN in Ondo is beyond personal human being braging.
They are talking as if they are GOD. Na wa for them oooooo
PDP can never be an option. They blood they suck is too much.
MIMIKO I BEG CARRY GO, show us the stuff LP can deliver and maybe LABOUR PARTY could be the alternative in South West.
God Bless GEJ
God Bless South West
God Bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by semid4lyfe(m): 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
Though I rooted for the PDP candidate Olusola Oke and I'd have preferred if he had won, I'm still happy ACN didn't win.

Make Tinubu & ACN no go dey think sey South-West na their birthright.

Congrats to Mimiko.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by victorD3: 3:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
kessyur:

The people have decided. The earliest was quite fair. History will always remember GEJ's administration. He has proven that certain things can actually work. In the power sector, electioneering etc. Thanks Ebele Goodluck Joe, i am proud of you.

God Bless your hustle!
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2012
kessyur:

The people have decided. The earliest was quite fair. History will always remember GEJ's administration. He has proven that certain things can actually work. In the power sector, electioneering etc. Thanks Ebele Goodluck Joe, i am proud of you.

Guy u r pathethic,...have u ever asked yorself y its only elections dt r conducted as stand-alone elections(Sokoto,Edo,Adamawa,Ondo etc)dt seem to relect d will of d people? Its because in such cases even d devil(talkless PDP) can rigg d election. U wait and see wat yor hero GEJ wud do wit d 2015 General elections,...mark my words it wud be business as usual for d rogues in PDP
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by gajike: 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
YOU CANNOT EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT. PASTOR BAKARE WAS RIGHT.
TINUBU SOLD ACN BIRTHRIGHT FOR 16BILLION TO PDP DURING 2011 GENERAL ELEDCTION
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Abbott(m): 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
10 over 10: Awesome!!! U just made my wkend...n guess what? U ve just won urself a bottle of Moet..I mean it!!!

How will he get it? The Moet?
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by BetaThings: 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
alj harem:

Not at all, I was one of those advocating for a change in the FG aka Buhari for the same reason I argued above. Already it is a known deal that any presidential candidate that wins primaries in PDP is our president whether he is good or not. Why do you think ROTATION of power only as far as I know exist in PDP ?

Presently if not that Jonathan is under sooooo much pressure, I would also be relaxed and think it's business as usual.

Nigerians are increasely getting educated and aware of their rights. Tinubu and any other god-father SHOULD NOT BE ENCOURAGED because doing such would mean corruption would keep booming. That is where I like GEJ, he dropped his god-fathers and focus on the task at hand.

Really?
When Hadiza Mailafia, Minister of Environment, said there was nothing the government needed to do to minimise the impact of flooding that was not done?
What did Nigerians say to that?
The money they just released now, should it not have been released back in April when NIMET told us by impending flooding?

So Otedola will now go to jail for falsifying AP's accounts and also for acquiring N24.5b worth of AP's share without paying
So how many godfathers are in jail? Please let us post as if Allah has given all of us some brain
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Maxymilliano(m): 3:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
You guys condemning Tinubu should cut the poor dude some slack. There's a thin line between old age and senility, that's why he feels he could arrogate the collective wish of the South West populace in the 2011 election to his political sagacity.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by viciati(m): 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
thumbs up mimiko.make gud use af ur opportunity 2 transform ondo.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by aljharem(m): 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
BetaThings:
Really?
When Hadiza Mailafia, Minister of Environment, said there was nothing the government needed to do to minimise the impact of flooding that was not done?
What did Nigerians say to that?
The money they just released now, should it not have been released back in April when NIMET told us by impending flooding?

Yes indeed it should have gone to preventive measures.

BetaThings:
So Otedola will now go to jail for falsifying AP's accounts and also for acquiring N24.5b worth of AP's share without paying
So how many godfathers are in jail? Please let us post as if Allah has given all of us some brain

Otedola is no god-father. When I talk of god-father in terms of GEJ I mean likes of OBJ and IBB. I don't see them in the scheme of things. Tell me if I am wrong.

There are not a lot of god-fathers in jail because IMO they are powerful, now the little any incumbent can do is to dissociate him/herself from such person. A god-father is a person that controls the government he has his hands on from poltical, economical and financial point of view. THAT IS WHAT TINUBU IS EXACTLY. tell again if I am mistaking
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by murajh: 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
I thank God for Iroko.How can a broom sweep iroko?Is not possible.Not even clean broom dirty broom for that matter.Tinubu collected 7million from each L/G in Lagos State for Ondo Election imagine what will happen if ACN win that election.From Mile 2 Badagry road is death trap we have 7 L/G covering the road Amuwo Odofin,Ojo,Iba,Otto Awori ,Olorunda,Badagry west and Badagry central they cant donate or rise 1million each for this road but their godfather can conveniently removed 7million from their allocation for Ondo.Samething in Oyo state he borrowed Ajimobi 6billion for oyo state election he is now pay through noise.if care is not taken they will loss Lagos,Ogun,Edo and Ekiti Oyo is out already.Carry on mimilo because you dont believe in god father you believe in God.

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by fame1(f): 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
chukxy44: As expected. Bravo to the people of Ondo State. The Only tin left to fix now is PDP dominance at the federal level
hem sory o which party is stronger than fidify

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Twitter Ban: FG Summons US, UK Envoys, Others Over Comments / Murray-Bruce Tweets About Bayelsa Election / Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.