Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll (30036 Views)

PDP Will Win Gubernatorial Poll In 24 States – Mu’azu / Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) / Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by rasputinn(m): 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
Shame on Tinubu and Akeredolu.They are not even popular in Ondo,so aside from all the rented crowd from Osun and Ogun states that they paraded at Akeredolu's rallies,they really had not structure on ground in Ondo.Mtcheww to the noisy ranters.

Even Olusola Oke that the PDP hierachy did not give 100% support was still able to trounce ACN and garner the second highest number of valid votes cast.

ACN has always been a gang of rabble rousing crooks,good thing people are seeing through their lies and pretences.

Come 2015,they have to be booted out of Alausa

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Reference(m): 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
onatisi:
my guy ,lagos will be difficult ,that is the headquaters of acn ,i think other states like osun and oyo should be taken over first,the reason why i dont like acn is due to the fact that only one person is calling the shots ,the problem with pdp is directly opposite everyone was calling the shots and noone wants to bend for the other.how can one man be imposing his candidate on ppl

Said it a while ago. The lack of true democracy is eating away the ACN's entrails. It will be massive when that party cracks. It cannot continue to fly the performance flag perpetually. One day someone will rise up and say, 'whatever you do I can do better'. Ask the mafia, Godfathers are there to be put down. Nigeria needs strong institutions not strong men.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
Reference:

Said it a while ago. The lack of true democracy is eating away the ACN's entrails. It will be massive when that party cracks. It cannot continue to fly the performance flag perpetually. One day someone will rise up and say, 'whatever you do I can do better'. Ask the mafia, Godfathers are there to be put down. Nigeria needs strong institutions not strong men.

Exactly. Ojuyobo's oju about to yobo
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by thelastPope(m): 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
BetaThings:
Really?
When Hadiza Mailafia, Minister of Environment, said there was nothing the government needed to do to minimise the impact of flooding that was not done?
What did Nigerians say to that?
The money they just released now, should it not have been released back in April when NIMET told us by impending flooding?

So Otedola will now go to jail for falsifying AP's accounts and also for acquiring N24.5b worth of AP's share without paying
So how many godfathers are in jail? Please let us post as if Allah has given all of us some brain

So until GEJ gathers the so called God fathers and lock them in jail before you believe he has dropped them? What kind of argument is that? When last did you hear or see any Godfather telling him what to do? Be honorable enough to give the man his credit. Were you not one of those who supported the Godfathers when you insisted subsidy must remain? Or you didn't know that was a major move against the Godfathers? Man up guy!

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
Demdem: Not bad, at least the killer party isn't winning. Goodluck to Ondo.
PDP eventually finished 2nd ahead of ACN so they didn't do badly...cuz Mimiko nd LP are allies

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by sweetwater(m): 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ken_Jak: People on nairaland here are all fools.well,since you've voted Mimiko,then you've voted severe hardness and sufferness,and if any of the people that voted him now complains,such will die miserably with their families...Mimiko is a thief.

Senseless human being
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by gajike: 3:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
I AM USING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO CONGRATULATE THE PEOPLE OF ONDO STATE
NOT BECAUSE OF OLUSEGUN MIMKO BUT BECAUSE THEIR VOTES MARK THE BEGINING OF THE END OF CABALS IN SOUTHWEST.
LONG LIVE SOUTH WEST LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Reference(m): 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ozonna: Believe it or not, Yorubas are polically more enlightened than the rest of the tribes in nigeria. Look @ the debate, the contestants subjected demselves to the debate. The voters now chose d best candidate by dia own judgement.

I suggest that NASS amend our constitution empowering INEC to conduct guber/national elections in 2-3months as against condcting elections in the 37states in a day.

It'll make it easier for JEGA & co to manage the logistics well and their be enuf securitty to ensure free and fair elections. It'll be harder for politicians to rig if such a law is passed.

Quite agree. Staggered elections make for better scrutiny but the irony of it all is that as the quality of electioneering improves the petitions that make for that scenario to happen recedes.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by onatisi(m): 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
Reference:

if he tinubu tries to impose his candidates again in lagos and other states ,there is every likelyhood of massive defection from that party to pdp.
the greatest problem a political party can have is when ur own members turn against you,acn came into being when pdp members left with atiku and formed AC ,if acn members decamp to pdp then tinubu is finished ,the reason obj has been able to remain a little relevant is becos the party he belongs to is at the center unlike tinubu acn whose influence is largely restricted to the south west
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by franchizy(m): 3:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
T.B Joshua predicted CAN wil win, now the election ve been rigged, we can't stop crying until we restore our mandate at the Tribunal, CAN doing well in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Edo except in Ondo state where Mimiko ve performed very poor, the end justifies the means.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by gajike: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
murajh: I thank God for Iroko.How can a broom sweep iroko?Is not possible.Not even clean broom dirty broom for that matter.Tinubu collected 7million from each L/G in Lagos State for Ondo Election imagine what will happen if ACN win that election.From Mile 2 Badagry road is death trap we have 7 L/G covering the road Amuwo Odofin,Ojo,Iba,Otto Awori ,Olorunda,Badagry west and Badagry central they cant donate or rise 1million each for this road but their godfather can conveniently removed 7million from their allocation for Ondo.Samething in Oyo state he borrowed Ajimobi 6billion for oyo state election he is now pay through noise.if care is not taken they will loss Lagos,Ogun,Edo and Ekiti Oyo is out already.Carry on mimilo because you dont believe in god father you believe in God.

YOU FORGOT TOMENTION OSUN. AREGHE HAS GONE AKREADY
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Ilekokonit: 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
Whilst I can not endorse any Nigerian politician because of their recurring antecedents, I have to salute Mimiko's courage in the face of adversity. I just hope he now "selflessly" concentrates on delivering the dividends of democracy - water, light, food, house, good roads, poverty eradication - to the down trodden masses whose only hope is in God.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by gajike: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
murajh: I thank God for Iroko.How can a broom sweep iroko?Is not possible.Not even clean broom dirty broom for that matter.Tinubu collected 7million from each L/G in Lagos State for Ondo Election imagine what will happen if ACN win that election.From Mile 2 Badagry road is death trap we have 7 L/G covering the road Amuwo Odofin,Ojo,Iba,Otto Awori ,Olorunda,Badagry west and Badagry central they cant donate or rise 1million each for this road but their godfather can conveniently removed 7million from their allocation for Ondo.Samething in Oyo state he borrowed Ajimobi 6billion for oyo state election he is now pay through noise.if care is not taken they will loss Lagos,Ogun,Edo and Ekiti Oyo is out already.Carry on mimilo because you dont believe in god father you believe in God.

YOU FORGOT TO MENTION OSUN. AREGHE HAS GONE AKREADY
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by aljharem(m): 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
onatisi:
if he tinubu tries to impose his candidates again in lagos and other states ,there is every likelyhood of massive defection from that party to pdp.
the greatest problem a political party can have is when ur own members turn against you,acn came into being when pdp members left with atiku and formed AC ,if acn members decamp to pdp then tinubu is finished ,the reason obj has been able to remain a little relevant is becos the party he belongs to is at the center unlike tinubu acn whose influence is largely restricted to the south west

deflection ke ? Tinubu would not want to tarnish his image neither would he want a riot because of him. He would rather play safe. BTW, I hate when people try to paint ACN as a regional party because it is not
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by murajh: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
INEC declares Mimiko Ondo gov-elect

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared Governor Olusegun Mimiko of the Labour Party (LP) as the winner of the Saturday's governorship election in Ondo State.

The Ondo State returning officer of INEC, Professor Biyi Daramola, said Mimiko polled 260,199, to emerge winner of the election.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olusola Oke, came second with 155,961 votes, while Rotimi Akeredolu of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) came third with 143,512 votes.

RESULTS AS ANNOUNCED:

1. ACN 143,512

2. APPN 1461

3. APN 751

4. BNPP 2,949.

5. CAP 735.

6. CPC 1,931

7. LP 260,199.

8. NCP 823.

9. NSBP 1,103.

10. PDC 2,1361.

11. PDP 155,961.

12. PPA 1,652. .

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by onatisi(m): 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
franchizy: T.B Joshua predicted CAN wil win, now the election ve been rigged, we can't stop crying until we restore our mandate at the Tribunal, CAN doing well in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Edo except in Ondo state where Mimiko ve performed very poor, the end justifies the means.
so because tb predicted ur party will therefore u must win abi?
no wonder acn lost ,with ur kind of english ,how can they present a formidable candidate ,you dont even know the name of the of ur party.CAN is christian association of nigeria ,

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by thelastPope(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
Thank you GEJ for free and fare election in Ondo state!

www.nairaland.com/1080675/goodluck-jonathan-again#12640847

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by ocelot2006(m): 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
alj harem:

What has the centre done for Lagos ? Most federal presence if not all are now in Abuja and SS of the country. What is left for Lagos WHICH THE FG still control are the sea and air ports. If not for the recent complains by Lagosians and foreigners alike do you think the present MMIA would be renovated ?

The FG does not care about Lagos, In fact to them, Lagos have no special statue. If you are not Abuja, South-south states then forget it.

When last has the FG repaired roads in Lagos ?

Wow, slow down there! Do you know that LAGOS is the nation's SOLE commercial capital? Apart from Abuja, LAGOS has waaaaaay more FG presence there. And do you really think the FG will abandon MMIA, Nigeria's premier airport and gateway for a smaller airport/air strip in the SS? Haba!

Speaking of the SS, which FG parastatal/ministry has its HQ stationed there (apart from the usual smaller state branches located in every other state)? Please do tell.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by ocelot2006(m): 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
@ topic, kudos to Iroko and LP for the election success. And I must commend the President and C-in-C for ensuring that the elections were free, fair and smooth.

To the ACN supporters, suck it up and stop being sour losers. The great people of Ondo state have spoken via their votes.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by juman(m): 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
Congrats to Our Ondo State people.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
i think MiMiko is on his way to PDP. he just granted an interview on AIT and when asked that why is he romancing PDP, he said he openly supported PDP in 2011 cos of his belief in ideology of GEJ.

when asked what his plans are for Labour party, he said he was elected for 4 yrs and the question shd be limited to Ondo state.

if tinubu is wise, he shd just beg Mimiko to decamp, cos if he goes to PDP, thats the end of ACN in Ondo

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Afam4eva(m): 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
I didn't expect anything different. ACN and PDP will have to try again because Ondo people know what they want. I mus howerver commend PDP for putting up a good fight. I never really expected them to poll that much votes. I guess Jonathan's influence helped the PDP candidate get some votes especially from the Riverine areas that are Ijaws just like the president.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
onatisi:
so because tb predicted ur party will therefore u must win abi?
no wonder acn lost ,with ur kind of english ,how can they present a formidable candidate ,you dont even know the name of the of ur party.CAN is christian association of nigeria ,
loooooooool
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
kelvincoll:

From they way most pple condemned PDP and sort after ACN as an alternative I really don't think PDP did bad at all. From ds above collated result if there wasn't an Iroko mimiko LP. I think PDP wud have won that state. ACN sure has got a lot to fix before 2015. Hearty cheers to Gov Mimiko I pray he covets ds mass support into not jst good but better governance!
what u should know that nothing good would come out of mimiko 2nd term.he would like to spread lp to other states using ondo money come 2015.power intoxicates.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by BetaThings: 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
alj harem:

Not at all, I was one of those advocating for a change in the FG aka Buhari for the same reason I argued above. Already it is a known deal that any presidential candidate that wins primaries in PDP is our president whether he is good or not. Why do you think ROTATION of power only as far as I know exist in PDP ?

Presently if not that Jonathan is under sooooo much pressure, I would also be relaxed and think it's business as usual.

Nigerians are increasely getting educated and aware of their rights. Tinubu and any other god-father SHOULD NOT BE ENCOURAGED because doing such would mean corruption would keep booming. That is where I like GEJ, he dropped his god-fathers and focus on the task at hand.

Really?
When Hadiza Mailafia, Minister of Environment, said there was nothing the government needed to do to minimise the impact of flooding that was not done?
What did Nigerians say to that?
The money they just released now, should it not have been released back in April when NIMET told us by impending flooding?

So Otedola will now go to jail for falsifying AP's accounts and also for acquiring N24.5b worth of AP's share without paying?
So how many godfathers are in jail? Please let us post as if Allah has given all of us some brain
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by otokx(m): 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
ACN should look inwards.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
toba: i think MiMiko is on his way to PDP. he just granted an interview on AIT and when asked that why is he romancing PDP, he said he openly supported PDP in 2011 cos of his belief in ideology of GEJ.

when asked what his plans are for Labour party, he said he was elected for 4 yrs and the question shd be limited to Ondo state.

if tinubu is wise, he shd just beg Mimiko to decamp, cos if he goes to PDP, thats the end of ACN in Ondo
good analysis.but mimiko will not decamp to pdp but will colaborate with pdp to unseat acn in sw 2015.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by taharqa: 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
Abeg where is Gbawe, Dayokanu and co? They hv bn usuali missing in action since yterday's night. I miss them a lot today o, lol.....hahahaha..
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2012
IroKo of Ondo PoliTicz..
He depended on God d Father and hs victory has gone to shw dat 1 wt God is Majority.
He is a man of d people.. He is a front burner in Ondo Politicz.. He stood tall frm d beginin to d end notwithstanding d anticz of Tinubu, d propaganda of Adaba FM (tinubuz radio station in ondo state), the external forcez and d cheap blackmailz..
He hs shwn dat u need to conect wt d majority of people & nt wt some GodFather. Thank God a political salez boy (aketi whoz cryin now) will nt be governor of ondo state. I for 1 love Oke and will choose pke over Akeredolu anytym any day. Oke came second in all. Akeredolu is an errand boy. He must be insulting TinuBu inside of Him. Why did TinuBu put him to ds sort of Shame! God be wt d caring hrt Governor who i knw lovez God so much. May God bless Ondo state.

Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Gbawe: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
taharqa: Abeg where is Gbawe, Dayokanu, Ajalekoko and co? They hv bn usuali missing in action since yterday's night. I miss them a lot today o, lol.....hahahaha..

Are you mad? Look, I am getting fed-up of idiots like you who go around assassinating the characters of others with lies. I may support the ACN but I made it clear, on several occasion, that I am comfortable with Mimiko winning and remaining Governor because he seems to genuinely enjoy the backing of Ondo folks.

Read what I wrote before the election and never repeat your crap again. Many of you run around proclaiming me as blindly devoted to the ACN when my writing actually shows otherwise. It is not my fault reprobates like you , despite being shown otherwise many times, still confuse support for a Party to mean blind endorsement of everything to do with that Party. You must think I am a rabid and unrefined feudalist like you.

https://www.nairaland.com/999354/emperor-tinubu-akeredolu-says-mimiko/2

Gbawe wrote:
Guys, let us see the big picture. Mimiko has done well and he will probably get a second term to continue his efforts despite Akeredolu being a genuinely progressive candidate and the sort anyone would ordinarily want involved in SW politics at the highest level. Overall, events bode well for the political future of the SW. We need to look beyond the spat of politicians, itself an inevitable by-product of the "dirty game", and focus on why we all involved ourselves in political discussions in the first place i.e the desire to see the development of our States, regions and Nation. If Ondo is witnessing progress under Mimiko, then let that continue.

It is testimony to the positive changes becoming entrenched in the SW that we now see a performing Governor (Mimiko) challenged by a formidable opposition candidate in Akeredolu. The exchange of insults is partisan politics at work and ultimately not relevant enough, IMO, to obstruct from the positives going on here. Of utmost relevance to me is how this is not a battle between light and day , or Jesus and Satan, as was the case in the past. When you have great candidates facing each other, development and progress is the likely reward for the State - whoever wins. This is a situation we should all pray becomes the norm in Nigeria because Partisan politics is essentially a means to an end.
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by otokx(m): 5:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
@Gbawe

spot on
Re: Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll by Eziachi: 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
African politic of invisible incumbency.
What is this special thing inside the labour party that only the people of Ondo saw which the other remaining 35 states could not?
Apart from Ondo, where else did labour party has at least a single councillor? I think non at all.

God knows how many of public fund was used in buying this exercice that had been masqueraded as popularity of incumbent? I can't wait for Mimiko to finish his second term and lets see how much he loves this labour party to stay with it or is it just a platform for accosting public money along with Yes-men friends and cronies? Or will him join his friends in the other bigger Nigerian PLCs, a.k.a political parties?

I feel sorry for the so-called masses and voters

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pictures Of Vice-Presidents Of Nigeria From 1966-2015 / Nnamdi Kanu Addressed As ‘his Excellency, President Of Biafra’ In Kuje Prison / No Inch Of Yoruba Land Will Be Ceded To Fg's Creditors - Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.