Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,119 members, 7,860,041 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (33638 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
orufe: @HE ELECTORAL TEAM. I suggest you you include non Igbos in the electoral team come oct/nov 2013. This will really eliminate partiality. Am sure nairalanders like Gwawe, Ekt bear, Ibime, Edoyad, Ndu chuks, Gbawe Jarus or Physics QED will do a good job if called upon.
The electoral team next year must not be entirely Igbo.
ARU E MEE! TUFIAKWA! MAKA GI NI ZI? BIKO IKWU ZI NA! LIKE WTF? WHAAAT! GADDAMIT! FOR WHERE E DON HAPPEN BEFORE? ARE YOU FUCCKING KIDDING OR......

5 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Ivynwa(f): 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ewoo dalu nu ri nne.
Kedukwanu mgbe eze ofuu na ezenwanyi ga ekwu okwu nnabata ochichi ha(acceptance speech)?
Congrats to them and everybody here, you guys give one a good sweet home/village square feeling that civilization is robbing from one.
Ndewo nu ri nne. Kedukwanu ubochi aga akpo anyi oriri na onunu na be Eze plus thanksgiving na church? Hehe! grin grin
Keduzi etu ahu esi ekwu ya----Eze i ga adi ndu ruo mgbe ebighi ebi? Pls can somebody enlighten me on this, is our Eze really mkpuru iri na isii years old? He can't be that obere?

Politicians here note this-----
It would have been wiser if you have allowed this other guy to participate in the election,this is because his chances of winning may be small (as most people that have heard his utterances may not vote him). If he doesn't win----it will all quietly fade away. Preventing him is elevating him without knowing it, such stuffs end up making such a person more famous than the government itself and generates more support from the masses (who in one way or the other are always against the govt) for him. I have seen a country where the one condemned and fired by the govt ended up rising with the power of the masses and that taught the govt a lesson, the next time they wanted to fire another person----one of them reminded them that "it backfires and ends up benefitting such". I understand the other side of the coin of the wisdom with which you stood your ground against him participating yet there are subtle ways of handling that without blowing it all out of proportion. Just my two cents, just my two cents!

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ifeegee(f): 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2012
Now that EZE and EZENWANYI has been elected,when is the coronation?and what are the plans for item 7?I'll volunteer in the kitchen if need be.lol
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by orufe: 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2012
berem: ARU E MEE! TUFIAKWA! MAKA GI NI ZI? BIKO IKWU ZI NA! LIKE WTF? WHAAAT! GADDAMIT! FOR WHERE E DON HAPPEN BEFORE? ARE YOU FUCCKING KIDDING OR......
To prevent favouritism and for checks and balances, non Igbos should be called upon to do so. The nairalanders listed are not partial and they can be called upon to assist the electoral team come nov 2013. They are:
Beaf, Nduchuks, Gbawe, Ekt Bear, Edoyad, Ibime, Physics, Jarus, Debosky and Sagamite.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ektbear: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
How many votes did Okija get?

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by OAM4J: 8:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
Congratulations to Odumchi and Ogugua. May your reign be peaceful!

And congratulations to all Ndigbos.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by orufe: 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
ekt_bear: How many votes did Okija get?
By my calculation, only 21 votes, so he still lost the election.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2012
orufe:
To prevent favouritism and for checks and balances, non Igbos should be called upon to do so. The nairalanders listed are not partial and they can be called upon to assist the electoral team come nov 2013. They are:
Beaf, Nduchuks, Gbawe, Ekt Bear, Edoyad, Ibime, Physics, Jarus, Debosky and Sagamite.
so you think we igbos are not competent enough to conduct our own elections? Did you just write that? I can't believe this! So non igbos will now conduct elections for us because they are better off okwa ya? Nna eh...... enwere otu odi nau! You check am na.mba nu! Anaghi eme ya eme.tufia!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ektbear: 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2012
orufe:
By my calculation, only 21 votes, so he still lost the election.

Well, congratulations to him as well. Perhaps in 2050 next year when they finally let him officially contest, he will have a better showing.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by orufe: 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2012
berem: so you think we igbos are not competent enough to conduct our own elections? Did you just write that? I can't believe this! So non igbos will now conduct elections for us because they are better off okwa ya? Nna eh...... enwere otu odi nau! You check am na.mba nu! Anaghi eme ya eme.tufia!
The electoral team made so many mistakes regardless, they should not be biased. To eliminate bias, there has to be Igbo and non Igbo members of the electoral team. Other ethnic groups in Nigeria are also blessed with capable hands in election organisation.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Odunnu: 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
Eze Odumchi
Oga diri gi na mma
Nwanyi Eze Ogugua, Udo diri gi
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by greedie1(f): 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
Congrats to odumchi and ogugua
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by 9jaIhail(m): 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
orufe:

Dear brother are you imposing this on us or is it just a suggestion? Bringing these people you had mentioned to organize our Eze igbo election isn't that an insult to igbo intellectuals?. are you insinuating that igbos which comprises you and me and others are not capable to organize their election anymore, nna men make we take am easy na.This idea sound like Nigerian believe on whatever onyibo or outsiders does is better. These people you mentioned so far are matured and intelligent individuals yes no doubt but they have not been able to organize one for them self some even tried and failed woefully half way. I urge you to withdraw this statement before you render our efforts and innovative mind which we have brought to nairaland into useless.Can't you yourself volunteer to take the responsibility or are you saying you can't handle it better? Formerly you said you are planning to appeal against the election now i wondered if this is the appeal or are we still expecting it? just curious to know.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2012
orufe:
The electoral team made so many mistakes regardless, they should not be biased. To eliminate bias, there has to be Igbo and non Igbo members of the electoral team. Other ethnic groups in Nigeria are also blessed with capable hands in election organisation.
odikwa egwu! Nwanne anyi agahi eme omeneelu.omenaala ka anyi ga eso inu go? K'anyi gba gbu o okwu a biko! Daalu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Charlesnerd: 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
At last,this long and tortuous process has come to an end.......

Firstly,I have to congratulate the outgoing leadership,for their selfless service so far,leadership anywhere is never an easy task or a tea party,no matter how small the set up looks ,so we have to commended you for taking the gauntlet when you were called upon..Dalukwanu

To the newly elected leadership,the people who voted you did so with the belief that you would continue from where the current leadership stopped,that is not to say you should continue the policies of the outgoing leadership without review,but listen to the yearnings of the people who voted you and shift some grounds,if necessary.Every institution that does not evolve is surely bound to die or become irrelevant,to avoid this,the leadership should connect to the people and always be open to constructive advice.On this point,I know a considerable number of persons who would want the electoral laws/process reviewed,this could be a good way to start if you can do it and get it right.

To the electoral team,I have to thank you once again for responding to this clarion call to duty,even at the risk of insults,vilification,sleepless nights/days,you guys did everything to see this process to an end.Frankly,I dont envy any of you,I dont even know if I would have done a better job than you did,considering the amount of time and energy you dedicated to see this process to conclusion.At the risk of sounding immodest,I would say you guys did an excellent job,despite the obvious flaws,which can be corrected.Since this is an evolving and ongoing process,we hope that the next election would always be better.

To everyone that participated in this election,either as a voter,observer or goodwill ambassador,I would say kudos for being part of the process.I know quite a number of us would have loved to see Okija-juju on the ballot,that is a story for another day, as the process has been concluded.I expect Okija and his supporters to participate actively in the electoral reform process, when it eventually starts; that is the bedrock of any election and if you miss out on that,be sure that next year would not be different than this year.

Once again Dalunu.........

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by MrGlobe(m): 9:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
orufe:
shut up.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by HighChief4(m): 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
Congratulations Odumchi and Ogugua. May God give you people the wisdom to lead Ndigbo.

I also want to applaud our out-going Eze, Eze Onlytruth for his successful reign and his relentless effort in projecting Igbo cause, onye nweanyi kwughachia gi ugwo mmaji kwuru mmaji.

@PointB and the electoral officers, you guys did a wonderful job. Excellent.

Ndigbo udo diri onye obula.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by orufe: 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Dear brother are you imposing this on us or is it just a suggestion? Bringing these people you had mentioned to organize our Eze igbo election isn't that an insult to igbo intellectuals?. are you insinuating that igbos which comprises you and me and others are not capable to organize their election anymore, nna men make we take am easy na.This idea sound like Nigerian believe on whatever onyibo or outsiders does is better. These people you mentioned so far are matured and intelligent individuals yes no doubt but they have not been able to organize one for them self some even tried and failed woefully half way. I urge you to withdraw this statement before you render our efforts and innovative mind which we have brought to nairaland into useless.Can't you yourself volunteer to take the responsibility or are you saying you can't handle it better? Formerly you said you are planning to appeal against the election now i wondered if this is the appeal or are we still expecting it? just curious to know.
I will appeal before the handover date. The electoral team did very well, despite that, you guys as Igbos have your own favourite candidates. But non Igbos will not allow any sort of favouritism creep in. I do not want it to be left entirely in the hands of none Igbos.
Believe me, there will not be complaints but transparency if Igbo and non Igbo combine to give us a credible election.
Having said that, you guys did well, but you have to listen to suggestions.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Librate(m): 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2012
*clears throat*

Igbo kwenu !
Igbo nghurianu !!
Igbo kwezuo nu o !!!

Obi dim uto maka nhoputa ahoputara na enweghi ntupo
Ndigbo si na "nwata kwocha aka ya o soro ndi ogaranya rie piom" (wen a child washes his hands he dines wit noble men).
CONGRATS to our new gburugburu Odumchi n lolo Ogugua.
#
Special appreciation to d electoral body; Ozo PointB, Nze Ujchief, Nze 9ja i hail, Nze Afam4eva, we thank u
#

on behalf of Umuahians,

I Mazi Librate
onyechinaemeru 1 of Abia,
ugo mere oji ji abara ọjị mba 1 afikpo,
nwoke tachie odumuodu 1 of umuahia,
CHAIRMAN CHIEF EXECUTIVE liberty tripods.

§ CONGRATS§
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by nduchucks: 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
Congratulations to Odumchi and Ogugua, and also PointB for his relentless determination to make this election a success.

May I request that the election results are publicized in a manner which shows the tabulated votes received by each candidate? This will enable me to decide whether or not to call for PointB's stoning. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
chino24: I will personally lead a squad to make this NL un-governable for you..

The electoral committee and fraud, there was no due process and some of us were removed from the list for no just cause.

Atiku! stop that your rubbish muscle flexing. Go and bring your sucide bonbers & BH

Respect your people,s mandate

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by chino24: 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2012
ifee-gee:
Now that EZE and EZENWANYI has been elected,when is the coronation?and what are the plans for item 7?I'll volunteer in the kitchen if need be.lol

The election is a fraud. How did the electoral commission confirm if she is really a woman? Or maybe they made some assumptions because some people come online with all sorts of lies. Was due process and confirmations ever made to determine who is who and also make sure that actually a man and a woman was being elected into an office. What a bunkum
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Okijajuju1(m): 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2012
FINAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE #DEFIANCE 2012 CAMPAIGN OFFICE OF OKIJA JUJU

[b]Ndi Igbo and our dear supporters

I want to first of all congratulate Ichie Odumichi on his success at the just concluded polls. I pray your reign brings good fortunes to our people and that the gods of our land bestow you with the wisdom to lead our people well.

I want to specially thank all those who cast their votes in this years elections, especially my supporters. It was an uphill battle against the forces of evil, and we succeeded. I shall not be appealing the results (especially as the election tribunal this year seemed to have no clue as to what thier actual function in an election is supposed to be).. We have made our voices heard, we put up a good fight. I call on my supporters to remain calm and rally behind the new Eze to make his reign a success. Our aim was not to divide, but to set right what was obviously bad. Come next year, lord willing, we shall be back, bigger and stronger. We may not have won this battle, but I believe that we won the war.

I want to urge the new Eze that upon assumption of office, he sets the ball rolling for a constitutional review where every Igbo man has an input. This autocracy should die with this election.

Once again, Okija juju thanks all of you once more, especially the like of Nosa Gold, Immanulle, Dede1, Ifyalways, Ogugua and all those who stood on the side of justice. I want to assure you that for as long as this website shall exist and this thread, future generations shall see that you indeed stood up for what was right. I pray the gods reward you all abundantly. To all those who we may have clashed and bumped heads with in the course of all the drama surrounding this elections, I want you to know it wasn't personal, just politics. I believe in the end, we all had the same objective, just different methodology.

Please feel free to join me at my Ogbunike retreat home for mmaya ngwo, nkwu-enu, Abacha and opkoroko, ubga and other assorted delicacies. Ichie Nosa and Immanulle, e debe go'm unu crates of guilder na fridge.. Unu bia soro'm ka anyi nwe anwuli.

Congratulations Odumichi.. Eze Ndi Igbo 2 of Nairaland.

I hereby declare the DEFIANCE 2012 Campaign closed and thank all those who put in effort into our race.

Long live Eze Odumichi, the Eze Ndi Igbo elect.

Long live Umu Igbo..

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Okija juju Eze Mmuo of Nairaland....[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ak47mann(m): 9:49pm On Oct 26, 2012
chino24:

The election is a fraud. How did the electoral commission confirm if she is really a woman? Or maybe they made some assumptions because some people come online with all sorts of lies. Was due process and confirmations ever made to determine who is who and also make sure that actually a man and a woman was being elected into an office. What a bunkum
nwanne dont worry we cant be an opposition in this past election i think the electorates did their best and ability to make this election free and fair,ogugua and odumichi are now officially Eze ola nwanyi na Eze igbo gburu gburu.Nwanne rapu okwu next election is on the way.. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by MrGlobe(m): 9:49pm On Oct 26, 2012
chino24:

chino in the building grin
matters arising.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Willy7(m): 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2012
Congrats to d Eze and Eze Nwayi,may olisa b'nigwe grant u guys d akonuche to pilot d affairs of dis great tribe and take us to d next level. @D electoral board,u guys re too kpasky and rugged,twalee for u guys.Dispite d distractions and temptations u remained focus,thats a noble virtue.u achieved a great feat and may u never go unrewarded. As for d aggrieved and allies,pls lets channel our strengths and ideas 2wards an all inclusive and better electoral reforms to mk nxt year's election better and more efficient.Its not too late to get it right.And for those that have been insulted here or felt insulted by one person or d other,pls lets forgive and move on.And every curse sent out in anger or rage against anyone,let it be nullified and neutralised by d blood of Jesus.It shall not stand,neither shall it come to pass.Thank you all and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
ndu_chucks: Congratulations to Odumchi and Ogugua, and also PointB for his relentless determination to make this election a success.

May I request that the election results are publicized in a manner which shows the tabulated votes received by each candidate? This will enable me to decide whether or not to call for PointB's stoning. cheesy

Lol, tabulated result spreadsheet is actually attached to the report I gave. Kindly help your self. As per stoning, er er, we don't pratice sharia in my part of the world. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by chino24: 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
ak47mann: nwanne dont worry we cant be an opposition in this past election i think the electorates did their best and ability to make this election free and fair,ogugua and odumichi are now officially Eze ola nwanyi na Eze igbo gburu gburu.Nwanne rapu okwu next election is on the way.. cool

Nwanne mu kedu ije..? How is the weather in Europe..?

9ja is presently being challenged by flood disaster..though its receding gradually.

As for the election, I will take your counsel and prepare big time for next years election. I would have shaken NL to its very foundation if not for your timely intervention.

Udo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
Congratulation Eze Odumchi and Eze Nwayi - Ogugua.

I am wondering if someone (perhaps Okija_juju or Nri_Priest) can take up the Eze and Eze Nwayi e-coronation at a later date in the culture section to complete the process.

I guess someone had asked for guidelines, I only have vague idea how this could be done. But it should be interesting and culturally unifying, I believe.

Okija_juju, Nri_Priest, others, what do we think?

By the way thank you all for the positive comments, and constructive criticisms. No one is perfect, and we cannot also please the whole world.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by chino24: 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

chino in the building grin
matters arising.

Am yet to understand your point..are you saying am not qualified or what exactly?

Or are you saying that the election was not marred by irregularities??
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by jellyloveb(f): 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ndi b'anyi ndeewo nu O!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by PointB: 10:28pm On Oct 26, 2012
orufe:
I will appeal before the handover date. The electoral team did very well, despite that, you guys as Igbos have your own favourite candidates. But non Igbos will not allow any sort of favouritism creep in. I do not want it to be left entirely in the hands of none Igbos.
Believe me, there will not be complaints but transparency if Igbo and non Igbo combine to give us a credible election.
Having said that, you guys did well, but you have to listen to suggestions.

As a matter of fact, the electoral team had no favoured candidate(s). The electoral team were four members, and were not allowed to nominate. To say there are favourite candidate(s), and by extension inferring rigging, is to either insult the intelligence of people who nominated the contestants or blame the electoral team for most of the nominee not accepting their candidacy nor selling themselves or ideas despite our appeals to them. At a point I even proposed self nomination. Insinuating favouritism is very unfair and that's putting it mildly.

As for suggesting non-Igbos conduct election for us, I think the idea is very defeatist, and borne out of lack of self appreciation. Stop suggesting it, please!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Receiving Certificate Of Clearance To Contest For Primary Election / How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS / Emir of Kano, Sanusi Visits Buhari in his Kaduna residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.