Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (33554 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
Na wao, Okija juju, am very sure Igbo electoral body intetionaly put u aside so that you don't mess them up with your bad english. "Casted" this your press briefing just messed you up.

Igbos you guys are lucky
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ifeegee(f): 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2012
chino24:

The election is a fraud. How did the electoral commission confirm if she is really a woman? Or maybe they made some assumptions because some people come online with all sorts of lies. Was due process and confirmations ever made to determine who is who and also make sure that actually a man and a woman was being elected into an office. What a bunkum
I've seen the pictures of both candidates on this forum,they are women indeed.Let your heart trouble not.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2012
[i][/i][/b]
Okija_juju: [b]FINAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE #DEFIANCE 2012 CAMPAIGN OFFICE OF OKIJA JUJU

[b]Ndi Igbo and our dear supporters

I want to first of all congratulate Ichie Odumichi on his success at the just concluded polls. I pray your reign brings good fortunes to our people and that the gods of our land bestow you with the wisdom to lead our people well.

I want to specially thank all those who casted their votes in this years elections, especially my supporters. It was an uphill battle against the forces of evil, and we succeeded. I shall not be appealing the results (especially as the election tribunal this year seemed to have no clue as to what thier actual function in an election is supposed to be).. We have made our voices heard, we put up a good fight. I call on my supporters to remain calm and rally behind the new Eze to make his reign a success. Our aim was not to divide, but to set right what was obviously bad. Come next year, lord willing, we shall be back, bigger and stronger. We may not have won this battle, but I believe that we won the war.

I want to urge the new Eze that upon assumption of office, he sets the ball rolling for a constitutional review where every Igbo man has an input. This autocracy should die with this election.

Once again, Okija juju thanks all of you once more, especially the like of Nosa Gold, Immanulle, Dede1, Ifyalways, Ogugua and all those who stood on the side of justice. I want to assure you that for as long as this website shall exist and this thread, future generations shall see that you indeed stood up for what was right. I pray the gods reward you all abundantly. To all those who we may have clashed and bumped heads with in the course of all the drama surrounding this elections, I want you to know it wasn't personal, just politics. I believe in the end, we all had the same objective, just different methodology.

Please feel free to join me at my Ogbunike retreat home for mmaya ngwo, nkwu-enu, Abacha and opkoroko, ubga and other assorted delicacies. Ichie Nosa and Immanulle, e debe go'm unu crates of guilder na fridge.. Unu bia soro'm ka anyi nwe anwuli.

Congratulations Odumichi.. Eze Ndi Igbo 2 of Nairaland.

I hereby declare the DEFIANCE 2012 Campaign closed and thank all those who put in effort into our race.

Long live Eze Odumichi, the Eze Ndi Igbo elect.

Long live Umu Igbo..

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Okija juju Eze Mmuo of Nairaland....[/b]

I want to specially thank all those who casted their votes in this years elections,

Too bad
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Okijajuju1(m): 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ogoni militant: [i][/i][b][/b]

I want to specially thank all those who casted their votes in this years elections,

Too bad

My bad...

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 26, 2012
Where's Odumchi? Shouldn't he speak before me? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by 9jaIhail(m): 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2012
ogugua88: Where's Odumchi? Shouldn't he speak before me? lipsrsealed

Lol Nne you are very right he need to speak before you.I am glad you know the culture and may God give you more wisdom to do your job perfectly. I want assure you that we are strongly behind you as long as you are devoted.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
Thank you smiley
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by AndreUweh(m): 11:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

My bad...
Dear Okija Juju, the mantle has fallen on you to organise a coronation ceremony for the newly elected Eze and Eze Nwanyi. Irrespective of what has happened, Ndigbo must move forward. Show to the world that you are a proud Igbo by organising this coronation ceremony.

Venue: Okpara square Enugu.
Time: 4PM Prompt.
Date: Jan 2nd 2013.
Guest: 7 gov of Igbo states of Igbo states. Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Aka Ikenga, World Igbo congress.
Members of the press, Vanguard, The sun, Bbc.
Members of team Odumchi, out going Eze Ndigbo. Ndigbo nairaland and nairaland Igbo associates e.g Balabrigs, etc.
Traditional rulers in Igboland e.g Eze Aro, Asagba of Asagba, Obi of Onitsha etc.
Distinguished Ndigbo and Eminent Nigerians e.g Wole Soyinka, Alex Ekwueme, Solomon Lar, Chief Iwuanyanwu, Nzeribe, Ngige, Ayim, Fashola, Ebitu Ukiwe, Oputa, Pete Edochie, Olu Jacobs, etc, Kanu Nwankwo, Sunday Oliseh, Stephen Keshi, Jay Jay Okocha are also proud Igbo guys.
Heads of states from Gabon, Haiti, Zambia, Tanzania, Israel and Ivory Coast.
Traditional dancers from Afikpo, Abam, Atilogwu, Nkponkiti etc.
Rain makers to keep the day dry (anyway it doesn't rain in January.
Nigerian police and other security operatives.
Entertainers on the day: Osuofia as Mc.
Music by P SQUARE, Suni Bobo, Saro Wiwa, Flavour etc.
Top clergy in Igboland, Fr Mbaka, Fr Ede, Uma Ukpai etc.
Liase with NEPA for steady electricity on the day.
Liase with traders in Aba, Onitsha, Alaba, Oshodi, Port Harcourt, Asaba, Kano etc to close shops to ensure a good turn out.
I may help you if you need my services.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by HighChief4(m): 11:48pm On Oct 26, 2012
PointB: Congratulation Eze Odumchi and Eze Nwayi - Ogugua.

I am wondering if someone (perhaps Okija_juju or Nri_Priest) can take up the Eze and Eze Nwayi e-coronation at a later date in the culture section to complete the process.

I guess someone had asked for guidelines, I only have vague idea how this could be done. But it should be interesting and culturally unifying, I believe.

Okija_juju, Nri_Priest, others, what do we think?

By the way thank you all for the positive comments, and constructive criticisms. No one is perfect, and we cannot also please the whole world.

I have not read from Nri_Priest lately, so I suggest Okija_Juju should organize the coronation and hand over the ofor to our Eze elect. You have done your part and you did very well, so Okija_Juju should take over. I as a High Chief will be present to give my blessings to our new Eze and Eze nwanyi on that day. Ndewo Umu Igbo

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 27, 2012
EWo!! Na Ogugua win Eze nwayi? Yay!! I'm packing my virtual bags to come spend d week with u virtually!! Enough jolliment!!
Ndi igbo! Ndewo nu! We are marching forward, and some day, the Presidency will be ours!!

Signed by
Hon Chidinma, member representing Isuikwuato/ Umunneochi constituency!! grin cool (that's my dream)

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by abbeyty(m): 12:03am On Oct 27, 2012
Ogoni militant: [i][/i][b][/b]

Too bad

so mr grammar tell us what went wrong ?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Okijajuju1(m): 12:09am On Oct 27, 2012
Nna Le kwa nu ambush o!

Unu si m me gini!? Unu Biko hapu kwa m mo... Aburo'm event organizer
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 27, 2012
Okija_juju: Nna Le kwa nu ambush o!

Unu si m me gini!? Unu Biko hapu kwa m mo... Aburo'm event organizer

Ha si gi make sure na NEPA nwetakwa oku dat day... And gi kpota ndi na gba egwu atilogu na Adamma.... And oda tins! Ehen, na gi kpokwa Dee Alex na ndi otu ya.... Quite some task u have sha undecided cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Okijajuju1(m): 12:37am On Oct 27, 2012
tchidi:

Ha si gi make sure na NEPA nwetakwa oku dat day... And gi kpota ndi na gba egwu atilogu na Adamma.... And oda tins! Ehen, na gi kpokwa Dee Alex na ndi otu ya.... Quite some task u have sha undecided cool

Umunne Biko unu ewe na iwe.

Ife me nu bu na, Ndi uka anyi nwe Crusade ubochi 2nd a'nwa.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by odumchi: 1:18am On Oct 27, 2012
My people,

I thank you all for the tremendous amount of support and encouragement that you showed me before, during, and now, after the election. Everything from your thoughtful nominations to your congratulatory remarks have directly influenced the turnout of this election, which is not only in my favor, but in the favor of all those in search of the well being of we Igbo people.

I would also like to extend a special hand of thanks to our very own Ada Igbo, Ifyalways, who played a great role in persuading me to contest. I would also like to thank all of my fervent supporters, especially Ejine, Achi4u, Afam4eva, Gboliwe, Okija Juju, Odunnu, High_Chief, and any others that I may have missed. My special thanks also goes to the electoral board who are he brains behind this whole thing. The truth, as plain as it may seem, is that none of this would have been possible without the participation of you umu Igbo here on Nairaland.

I would also like to congratulate the Eze Ndi Igbo I of Nairaland, Maazi Onlytruth Ndudinaeziokwu, for a successful an ground-breaking year served as the representative of we Igbo people here on Nairaland. Unknown to many, his term has catalyzed the unleashing of a wave of sweeping reforms (both physically and electronically) in the way we Igbo people operate and channel our united voice online. As a member of his cabinet, I must admit that we, the cabinet (Point B, Face, Sam Ikenna, and a few others), under his leadership, attempted to address many of the real issues regarding Ndi Igbo today with the establishment of our website and the creation of E.N.Y.I. I would definitely like to talk more about this but I will leave that for the Eze. Once again, I would like to express how grateful I am that, this year, we were able to convene here and elect our representative as we did the following year instead of letting this entire thing die off in the shadows.

I cannot end by failing to congratulate the leader of Nairaland's Igbo women, Ogugua88, Eze Nwanyi Nairaland I. I hope that the both of us will be able to cooperate and find ways in which we can meaningly use our positions to properly and adequately represent our people.

What I would like to make clear to all is that I am an understanding person who realizes that the Igbo are not one people but a nation. We are a collection of related peoples who bare many things in common and as a result, our individuality is to be respected and celebrated alongside with our unity. As human beings, we each posses the longing for the opportunity to express our individuality and as a result cannot be expected to think the same way. The least we can do is to work together, as umu Igbo, to accept each other for our differences and to embrace the things that make us who we are.

Odumchi

(Biko nu aga m ede nke Igbo na oge adighi anya)

7 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by odumchi: 1:31am On Oct 27, 2012
Ivynwa: Hold please-----I am voting Odumchi (confirmed that he doesn't go hurling hatred and stuffs at other tribes). I am wondering whether he is really 16 years old like someone mentioned, if he is methinks that is too young for such post. If he is really 16 I will rather vote EzeUche.

Nne, o bu gini?

O bu eziokwu na adi m afo iri na isii. Kedu kwan ihe ozo?

Was it not the late Eze Aro, Maazi Kanu Oji VII, that was coronated Eze Aro at the age of 17? Age is but a number and I don't believe people should be prejudiced because of it. For all I know, there's no way for you to verify my true age since we're online, so I don't see why such a negligible factor should be even considered when anyone can make up any age for themselves.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by odumchi: 2:05am On Oct 27, 2012
Igbo bu Igbo nma-nma nu o,

M si ka m bia kele unu otu dike si ekele arusi ma ogu bie maka nchebe ochebere ya na agha. Enyemaka unu nyere m na ndoro-ndoro ochichi a abughi obere ihe. O masiri m na si na mbido ya ruo njedebe ya unu so mu na azu, ya mee amaghi m ihe ozo m ga enyeli unu kafee ekele mu a.

Omenala Igbo bu na ebe obula anyi no, anyi ma achobe otu anyi si aghazi onwe anyi di ka nke a anyi na-eme kita. Ekpere m bu ka Obasi di na elu gbaa anyi niile umo anyi ga-eji ana aga na ihu. Eji m ohere a na-ekele Eze Nwanyi Ndi Igbo Nairaland maka onodi ohuru ya. Ana m ayo kwa Chukwu ka ya ekwekwala ka onodi ohuru anyi a laa anyi na isi. Ya yere anyi aka ka anyi di kwa ka anyi si di mbu; ka anyi na akwanyere ndi ife ugwu ka ha na akwanyere anyi; ka o nye kwa anyi amamihe maka ihe eji ama Eze abughi okpu o kpu na isi, kama o bu uburu Chukwu nyere ya.

Umu Igbo ndeewo nu o.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Obiagu1(m): 4:45am On Oct 27, 2012
[size=1pt].[/size]
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 27, 2012
My dear brothers and sisters,

I would like to thank you all for your time and support, from the nomination stage, to the voting period, and until now. I would like to thank my supporters: berem, ifyalways, tchidi, High_Chief, and many more of you. I noticed you all and want you to know that your advocacy is poignant, encouraging and motivating.

Commissioner PointB, Afam4eva, 9ja_I_hail, and UjChief, a big thanks to all of you. I know that what you did is not easy. Like the rest of us, you have your personal lives, but still made time to monitor this election, late into the night on some occasions. Thank you again for volunteering your time and successfully conducting this election in a steadfast manner.

As for those who did not vote for me, I would like to thank you as well. Firstly, for humbling me and reminding me that I do not have everyone’s approval. Secondly, for motivating me and conveying that, with my election, there are great tasks at hand.

This election process was tough. It had its ups and downs, but that is what an election is about. It is good to have opposing opinions. It is good to have disagreements. It is good to have diverse minds. I say this because I believe diverse thinking is the key to growth. It is the key to innovation. It is the key to success and effective leadership. I hope that amidst all of this, however, we can still find common ground and join hands to move Ndi Igbo forward.

Finally, congratulations are in order for Odumchi, our Eze-Elect of Nairaland. I trust in you to lead us in the best of directions. I, too, look forward to collaborating with you to adequately and properly represent our people.

As the great Chinua Achebe said, “It is the story that owns and directs us. It is the thing that makes us different from cattle. It is the mark on the face that sets one people apart from their neighbors”. Umu Igbo, let us continue to write our story and make our mark. United we shall prosper.

Ogugua.

6 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ektbear: 6:27am On Oct 27, 2012
I want to congratulate Igbo people on NL as well. You chose well in Odumchi. Even me as a Yoruba guy, he is a guy who seems hard to dislike, no matter how hard one tries cheesy

Very well done.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 27, 2012
ogugua88: My dear brothers and sisters,

I would like to thank you all for your time and support, from the nomination stage, to the voting period, and until now. I would like to thank my supporters: berem, ifyalways, tchidi, High_Chief, and many more of you. I noticed you all and want you to know that your advocacy is poignant, encouraging and motivating.

Commissioner PointB, Afam4eva, 9ja_I_hail, and UjChief, a big thanks to all of you. I know that what you did is not easy. Like the rest of us, you have your personal lives, but still made time to monitor this election, late into the night on some occasions. Thank you again for volunteering your time and successfully conducting this election in a steadfast manner.

As for those who did not vote for me, I would like to thank you as well. Firstly, for humbling me and reminding me that I do not have everyone’s approval. Secondly, for motivating me and conveying that, with my election, there are great tasks at hand.

This election process was tough. It had its ups and downs, but that is what an election is about. It is good to have opposing opinions. It is good to have disagreements. It is good to have diverse minds. I say this because I believe diverse thinking is the key to growth. It is the key to innovation. It is the key to success and effective leadership. I hope that amidst all of this, however, we can still find common ground and join hands to move Ndi Igbo forward.

Finally, congratulations are in order for Odumchi, our Eze-Elect of Nairaland. I trust in you to lead us in the best of directions. I, too, look forward to collaborating with you to adequately and properly represent our people.

As the great Chinua Achebe said, “It is the story that owns and directs us. It is the thing that makes us different from cattle. It is the mark on the face that sets one people apart from their neighbors”. Umu Igbo, let us continue to write our story and make our mark. United we shall prosper.

Ogugua.
nothing do you sis! Erm...this is the second time am asking this request from you.kindly post those pictures of our igbo delicacies for us here.since we couldn't have item 7 physically,make we chop am online.our men who couldn't see it the other time will have the opportunity of seeing it again.daalu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Onlytruth(m): 7:32am On Oct 27, 2012
Cha cha cha Igbo kwenu! grin grin grin
Muo nu! cool
Zuo nu! cool
Baa nu! cool
Bie nu! cool
Rie nu! cool

Kwezuonu! grin cool cool

Umunne m,

Firstly, I congratulate our newly elected Eze Odumchi for a worthy “fight” and for winning fairly. I thank the Almighty God for a day like this! Our newly elected Eze has always been one of the people I would like to replace me (as a member of my current council). My special joy is that my wish was granted me in that a member of the council succeeds me; I would not need to “debrief” him on much, because he already knows the vision and strategy we mapped out for our people's emancipation and empowerment. My brother Odum, I look forward to giving you the keys to the office of Eze Ndigbo, which is essentially the password to the email address of the Eze. I will do so at the end of this year (per our tenure rules, and in order to avoid chaos).

HAIL TO THE NEW CHIEF! cool

I also wish to express my heartfelt gratitude to you all fair participants of this process (Igbo and non-Igbo) for a mature, focused and conclusive exercise of your “civic duties” - to elect our new Eze, the man to will lead Igbo opinion in this website from January to December 2013. This “civic duty” is crucial, and you executed it excellently! This is a HUGE achievement by all of us, and a special achievement by this current Eze and his current council members. I wish to specially thank PointB, 9naija I hail, and ujchief for bringing this election to a decent conclusion. You all are the true leaders of Umu Igbo in this day and time. You represent our best qualities. Thank you very much and may God bless you immensely for your selfless service to your people!

I wish to thank all my supporters and all those who share my vision for Ndigbo. My brothers and sisters, I wish I would have found the time (next year) to continue in this work, but I have to move on to other things, both in my own life, and in the service of Ndigbo (ENYI for example); I indicated that earlier in the nomination thread. I understand your fears (expressed in the numerous emails I received) about ensuring that we continue to speak strongly and with one voice on this and other social media sites; however, I want you to understand that it is my personal wish to “retire to my dacha” because I have earned my “retirement”. The incoming Eze is essentially my protégé, and I hope he will raise his own protégé at the end of his own tenure. That way, we have continuation and in the process produce great future leaders of our people Ndigbo! You are in safe hands! Odum means lion in Igbo. cool

I also want us to realize that what makes us Igbo (democracy and smooth change of leadership) is perhaps more important than any need to achieve other things. Our tested culture of democracy and peaceful transition of power is paramount, because it fosters our unity. It is important to understand, that only when we stand united do we stand a better chance of defeating our enemies, no matter how big or strong they may be. Throughout my tenure, I worked tirelessly to ensure that we Ndigbo speak in unity.

Before I came to this office, there was constant snipping between Igbo from different states in Nigeria. I fought that to a standstill, made so many enemies, but glad that it yielded some fruits. I am very proud of that achievement. Our unity is also made stronger by a sense of equal access by every Igbo to the highest office in the “land”. Part of what threatens our unity is the feeling (whether justified or not) that some Igbo are marginalized in Igbo politics. We need to give those types of feelings a death blow, and we must never miss an opportunity to build our unity. This exercise represents one of such opportunity and we must grab it with both hands. It was in that spirit that I personally turned down all entreaties to contest this election and to seek a second term.

I couldn’t help but notice that I still polled a whopping 45% of votes even though I asked to be allowed to retire, and of course without putting up a campaign for re-election. I was both happy and sad because of that: happy that you love me so much and will miss me, and sad also because you seem to be apprehensive of the incoming leadership. I presume that most of my voters are not sure of what the new Eze may bring to the office; however I wish to double assure them that we shall ALL help our new Eze to be the way we want him to be. Our new Eze is also a member of ENYI. I won't say more about that for now. I will advise the incoming Eze to continue in the line that we (he and I and the council members) have already laid down (defending Igbo position and interest without apologies). I am not saying that he has to respond to EVERY lie or disinformation, but we want to see him TRY his best to correct some of the disinformation. We live in an information age, and what we are actually doing here is waging a war of information. He, the Eze, must lead that war; that is his job. If we lose that war, we will certainly lose all other wars that may face us –political, cultural, economic, social, international, etc (if ever). So, this is a very important job. I have to say these in order to calm down my supporters and to give our new Eze the opportunity to first show his hands after taking over the office. Our legacy of maintaining a strong voice in this site must be preserved. Nuff said on that.

I also wish to address those who accuse us of towing a militant line in our defense of Ndigbo and Igbo interest in this site. I want to state without any equivocation, or fears of contradiction whatsoever, that I was made Eze mostly because of my methods and my opinions in the first place! When I was campaigning for the office in 2011, I promised NEVER to change my views or methods (provided of course that Nigeria remain unchanged -where Igbo interest is constantly sabotaged). I did not change, and it served Ndigbo very well during this ending tenure! We can all see the results by the fact that our people are speaking up more and challenging our situation in Nigeria.

I have to say this with every emphasis, that there is really no other job for the Eze here except to stand up strongly (in his comments of course) in defense of Ndigbo whenever men of ill fame start peddling lies against us here. For many years (before the internet age), we suffered a form of marginalization in the hands of Nigerian news media dominated by a section of the country. We could not get our stories and arguments out. Our voices were blocked; yet our voices include our joys, and (YES) our angers and bitter feelings about our situation in Nigeria. IMHO any Igbo who fails to understand the need for our voice to be strong here has failed the most basic test of wisdom, and understanding of issues relevant to us. Ultimately, what would ensure that we continue to speak with one voice is that the Eze must speak the people’s mind, always, or most of the time. If he does not do that, then the people will likely go out and speak for themselves, and the result would be cacophonous Igbo opinion in this site. That will return us back to square one, and is undesirable.

I wish to thank all the decent non-Igbo who followed this exercise to its logical conclusion. I noticed that Katsumoto was ALWAYS viewing this thread throughout this exercise, without making a single comment. I figure that he is particularly interested in this exercise as part of his continuous research into Igbo mindset and culture, maybe with the aim of learning a thing or two. Katsumoto, you now have a new Eze to interact and contend with. I will warn you though that I and other Igbo “egg heads” will not allow you to gain the upper hand in those “interactions”. The same message goes to all non-Igbo here. We welcome (as always) hands of true friendship and comradeship (not fair weather friendships that throw Igbo interests under the bus at the slightest signs of danger or uncertainty). We can always do with more friendships. We would not think twice before standing up militantly to defend our interests if we feel that they are being undermined or destroyed by anyone in this website. I thank ndu_chucks for remaining a true gentleman throughout this process. I also thank him for his endorsement of my work here.

I urge Okija_juju and all other energetic Igbo sons and daughters in this site to offer their services to the new Eze. The shortest cut to gaining recognition and followership here is to join the council of the new Eze, and take up a role. Perform that role selflessly and people will take note. No matter what anyone may say, we know ourselves in this site. We know what each Igbo son or daughter can do for Ndigbo. So, grab one role (assigned or supported by the Eze of course) and run with it! This role will prepare you for a greater role in ENYI in the future.

Lastly, I enjoin umu Igbo to pray for our new Eze and to accord him MAXIMUM support, because the forces that used to follow me around will now migrate to him. We are a special people, and we have enemies (FACT), and those enemies are not interested in fairness or justice. They love us only when we are under them. It will only end when we stand up to upstage them and take our rightful place; and it will not be by apologizing or playing dead where our interests are concerned. Freedom is taken, not given.

Thank you all and God bless,

Congratulations once more to the incoming Eze Odumchi!

HAIL TO THE INCOMING CHIEF! grin grin cool

Signed,

Yours truly,

Onlytruth, Ikenga Dike Anaedo (Nnewi), Ndu di n’eziokwu 1 of Igboland. (out going Eze Ndigbo Nairaland). cool cool cool

7 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Gboliwe: 7:42am On Oct 27, 2012
Nice speech Sir.
Congratulations to Eze Odumchi and Eze Nwanyi Ogugua.
We depend on both of you to steer us to the next level. May our Chi grant you the wisdom to do this. Amen
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Gboliwe: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

Umunne Biko unu ewe na iwe.

Ife me nu bu na, Ndi uka anyi nwe Crusade ubochi 2nd a'nwa.
Alusi na eje uka cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:53am On Oct 27, 2012
Congratulations to the incoming Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Odumchi and may ur reign be long and progressive to the igbo cause edition nairaland.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by nosagold(m): 7:56am On Oct 27, 2012
Okija_juju: FINAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE #DEFIANCE 2012 CAMPAIGN OFFICE OF OKIJA JUJU

[b]Ndi Igbo and our dear supporters

I want to first of all congratulate Ichie Odumichi on his success at the just concluded polls. I pray your reign brings good fortunes to our people and that the gods of our land bestow you with the wisdom to lead our people well.

I want to specially thank all those who cast their votes in this years elections, especially my supporters. It was an uphill battle against the forces of evil, and we succeeded. I shall not be appealing the results (especially as the election tribunal this year seemed to have no clue as to what thier actual function in an election is supposed to be).. We have made our voices heard, we put up a good fight. I call on my supporters to remain calm and rally behind the new Eze to make his reign a success. Our aim was not to divide, but to set right what was obviously bad. Come next year, lord willing, we shall be back, bigger and stronger. We may not have won this battle, but I believe that we won the war.

I want to urge the new Eze that upon assumption of office, he sets the ball rolling for a constitutional review where every Igbo man has an input. This autocracy should die with this election.

Once again, Okija juju thanks all of you once more, especially the like of Nosa Gold, Immanulle, Dede1, Ifyalways, Ogugua and all those who stood on the side of justice. I want to assure you that for as long as this website shall exist and this thread, future generations shall see that you indeed stood up for what was right. I pray the gods reward you all abundantly. To all those who we may have clashed and bumped heads with in the course of all the drama surrounding this elections, I want you to know it wasn't personal, just politics. I believe in the end, we all had the same objective, just different methodology.

Please feel free to join me at my Ogbunike retreat home for mmaya ngwo, nkwu-enu, Abacha and opkoroko, ubga and other assorted delicacies. Ichie Nosa and Immanulle, e debe go'm unu crates of guilder na fridge.. Unu bia soro'm ka anyi nwe anwuli.

Congratulations Odumichi.. Eze Ndi Igbo 2 of Nairaland.

I hereby declare the DEFIANCE 2012 Campaign closed and thank all those who put in effort into our race.

Long live Eze Odumichi, the Eze Ndi Igbo elect.

Long live Umu Igbo..

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Okija juju Eze Mmuo of Nairaland....[/b]

Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† a well constructed speech from my chairman okija juju, may U̶̲̥̅̊ live longer than ur enemies

Im so sorry 4 my absence nwanne......ejerem gbaragodi oringo n'abali, ugbua kam ka tetara n'ura
I want thank U̶̲̥̅̊ 4 allowing ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ť☺ βξ ur campaign manager nd I wil continue Ť☺ give U̶̲̥̅̊ d best quality service nd βξ loyal Ť☺ U̶̲̥̅̊, I wil βξ here come 2013 eze ndi igbo election Ť☺ campaign 4 U̶̲̥̅̊, nd I promise Ť☺ do my job very well.
U̶̲̥̅̊ were called all sorts of names in †ђξ previous thread, U̶̲̥̅̊ were insulted by some people including one of †ђξ nominees, buh U̶̲̥̅̊ never insulted em bek or fought them, U̶̲̥̅̊ even apologised Ť☺ em, that's some maturity U̶̲̥̅̊ displayed, many accusations were leveled against U̶̲̥̅̊ which U̶̲̥̅̊ stood nd defended em like EZIGBOTE NWA-FOR U̶̲̥̅̊ re, that's d reason y I supported U̶̲̥̅̊.......my advise Ť☺ U̶̲̥̅̊ nw is Ť☺ correct ur mistakes, do not speak bad about other igbos, ndi igbo bu ndi igbo, we re one igbo.
In †ђξ case of ojukwu, I think U̶̲̥̅̊ have 100% right Ť☺ say ojukwu is nt ur hero, he s nt my hero either buh I respect him so much.

U̶̲̥̅̊ supported †ђξ killings of those 4 uniport students, yes I was in Ŧħåϯ thread too, I saw ur comments, U̶̲̥̅̊ shouldn't have bro, Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† they did was evil, ßŮϯ its all in †ђξ past nw....so okija nwanne akwum gi n'azu
Oganihu bu nke anyi....anyi gana ejeje na abata abata......n'aha jisos...amen!

Eze odumchi once again congratulation o, may d gods of ndi igbo give U̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ strength Ť☺ do ur job very well
Ezenwanyi congratulation too

@pointB, I will only commend U̶̲̥̅̊ on ur energy and time U̶̲̥̅̊ put in this election, U̶̲̥̅̊ did a very gud job bro, thumbs up
Pls try nd remove †ђξ stone in ur heart nwanne...God bless U̶̲̥̅̊

I'm appealing on my fellow igbo brothers nd sisters Ť☺ start making good plans towards next year election, I think we should change our electoral commissioner,....we shouldn't have anybody from ALUU village as our electoral commissioner, its very importamkpa Ŧħåϯ all handz should βξ on deck come next year election
I begged like ugomma
I cried like chidiaka
I screamed like takeena nd loyd Ť☺ allow okija juju participate in †ђξ election buh he didn't hear rather he continued knacking †ђξ plank on my head
We all igbos should learn hw Ť☺ forgive fellow igbos, no matter Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† †ђξ person did, okija juju didn't kill anybody, U̶̲̥̅̊ guyz shoulda forgiven him, he shoulda bin allowed Ť☺ partipate...buh its all good. No lele

@okija, I shall not call U̶̲̥̅̊ my eze buh bear it in ur mind Ŧħåϯ U̶̲̥̅̊ re my chairman on this site

Nosa gold
Okija's campagn manager

#teamokija-juju#

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Odunnu: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2012
Who will understand the stuff you wrote in Chinese up there?
When we allowed another language, it was Igbo we had in mind not Chinese

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Noiseless2: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2012
Thank you very much Eze Onlytruth, for the selfless services of yours to Indigbo throughout your journey as eze despite uncountable attempts by the usual suspects to put you out of focus, i'm looking forward to your next grand mission for Indigbo. And congratulations to Eze elect Odumchi, may you represent Indigbo positively with no apologies to any Igbo oppressor both in Igboland and outside. @Pointb & co thank you all for the job well done.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Ngwakwe: 8:33am On Oct 27, 2012
orufe: @HE ELECTORAL TEAM. I suggest you you include non Igbos in the electoral team come oct/nov 2013. This will really eliminate partiality. Am sure nairalanders like Gwawe, Ekt bear, Ibime, Edoyad, Ndu chuks, Gbawe Jarus or Physics QED will do a good job if called upon.
The electoral team next year must not be entirely Igbo.

See the enemy of the Igbos. How come you suggest this abomination as a way forward.

How come you didn't observe we had Lastpage (Yoruba Gburugburu 1 of Yoruba Kingdom) as an independent Observer.

Okay, in the next election for Lagos State LGA's. Fashola should hire Abia State Electoral Commission to join Lagos State Commission as to make it more credible.

You hear, good thought.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by nosagold(m): 9:02am On Oct 27, 2012
Chai our new eze nwanyi U̶̲̥̅̊ look so beautiful, thank God I voted 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ nd I also thank God Ŧħåϯ U̶̲̥̅̊ won Ŧħåϯ police-woman, I don't like police people becuz of †ђξ fact Ŧħåϯ they re too corrupt lol

Pls our new eze odumchi, could U̶̲̥̅̊ pls upload ur pix? Ogugua has her pix on her profile, I wil appreciate it if U̶̲̥̅̊ wud do d same........muitu obrigado

Nosa gold
Okija's campaign manager
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by Balkan(m): 9:06am On Oct 27, 2012
[b][/b]@only truth. I was almost shading tears with this you speech. I thank you so much for this. I know very well you have fought tirelessly in fostering and championing the Igbo cause
In this forum. You have made me proud. I wish all our Igbo brothers will realise that we are surrounded by enemies. They have used the media war targeted against the Igbo people,but all
Is well. We have come to realise that it only pays when when speak with one voice.

I have seen odumchi' s comments and posts on this forum, quite intelligent and smart though he thinks more like late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe. He needs to speak more like Ojukwu and Achebe.
I am a proud Igbo man and love Igbo tribe to a fault.

Onlytruth, once an Eze always an Eze, I hope you will give Odumchi all the support .

Long live Igbo Nation.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... by ifyalways(f): 9:53am On Oct 27, 2012
Nice acceptance speeches by eze and eze nwanyi elect, odumchi and ogugua. I thank you both for accepting to serve ndi Igbo and may the gods of our lands give you both the wisdom to lead us well.

Okija Nwanne, you did well too. Let us all throw away our differences and grudges, rally round this new government and forge ahead. Ka ihe nile bere na abali buru anwunta, inu?

Igbo Amaka.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply)

Osinbajo orders 24-hour operations at Apapa Port / Dino Melaye Builds Two Schools For His Constituency (Photos) / Pre-Graduation Dinner Of Ajijola, Ajimobi's Daughter [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.