Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (51361 Views)

Gov .danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Casts Vote In Suntai Ward / Gov. Suntai Of Taraba Flown To Germany / Govenor Dambaba Suntai Of Taraba State Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
Boko Haram is bombing everywhere.

Flood is killing people everywhere.

People are committing suicide because of the hopelessness in Nigeria.

Graduates are roaming the streets distraught.

This f00l has time to be flying aircrafts like winch with taxpayers money and time.
angry

Serves him right. kiss

1 Like

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by otokx(m): 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
If the roads were good, he would have used them, oh well, don't think he would have stolen so much money like our governors in the south south, really wish it could have been one of them.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by manny4life(m): 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
Area_boy:

maybe he got some training?

Flying an aircraft is not as difficult as you think. The same pilots that fly them dont have two heads do they?

A bright kid with great spatial awareness can fly an A380 (even i could probably handle that baby cheesy )

You've been flying too much "Microsoft Flight Simulator" undecided undecided undecided undecided for you to think you can handle that baby. It's cool, I thought the same until I faced reality. Simulator and realism are two different things... grin grin grin

For all of you questioning his ability to fly, PEOPLE, there's a license called PPL or Private Pilot License. In the U.S., you can obtain your PPL in 3months or less under $6,000. This license gives you the certification to operate a single engine aircraft, so if the gov operated the aircraft and he had a PPL, he's within the confines of his permit to do so.

1 Like

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by freecocoa(f): 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
Is he a pilot?
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2012
freecocoa: Is he a pilot?

He was a Pharmacist.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by manny4life(m): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
freecocoa: Is he a pilot?

Prof Corruption:

He was a Pharmacist.

He can be both... YES he was
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by ngooka: 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
I pray he survive and learn from his mistake
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by tinkinjo: 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
Other reports say the Governor is unconscious and has been taken to hospital.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
I would have sent my sympathy to him as a fellow human, even though I don't know him.

However, I have chosen not to because of the following reason;

Why would a Governor of one of the poorest States in Nigeria be in possession of a private Jet?

The mayor of London( One of the richest cities in the world with a GDP higher than that of Nigeria combined) rides a bicycle to work, and only has maybe two houses and a car to his name..

He earns just £400,000 annually. Bear in mind that he runs the affairs of a city with an estimated GDP of $600 billion.

We then have this stupid Governor owning a Private Jet, with state money he has embezzled. Dear Nairalander, if this is not insanity, what is it?

10 Likes

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Sagamite(m): 9:30pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk: For those of you who still called Acidtalk a false prophet, I think you need to go through those very same predictions made in the thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/1066757/predictions-last-quarter-year

A word is enough

Explain to me how and where (in your statements) you predicted it.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by 1025: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
this is what you get when money comes easily without checks and balances. how greedy can these guys be? he wants to steal money and carry it around on his own. who knows how much of taraba state ppl money that was wasted alongside this man. another governor wanted to buy ship. some are building refineries that nigerian govt do not have.in fact, if i become a gov, i will sure break record by buying a private train.
if these national recognised criminals are dying like this while the poor innocent nigerians remain alive, i will not be complaining.
but death too much ooo. the thing no come when all his security men were around, the thing struck when he was alone thinking about how to enjoy salah. hahahahahaha,one thief down and more to go. God will surely catch all of una wey say we no go enjoy our God's given blessings.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by otokx(m): 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
Insanity ke, na 9ja tins na.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by haywhy80: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
He's not dead but confirmed unconscious in an undisclosed hospital in Adamawa State.

This is updated report about the incident.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by freecocoa(f): 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
manny4life:

So he was a professional pilot that flew planes before? No vex I really want to understand it.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by bakila: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
Yeah he crashed at kwanan waya ten minutes to the Airport.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by ismhab(m): 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
Babamide: What is an aboki business with flying a jet?
HE IS NOT ABOKI BUT A CHRISTIAN, BUT HE SPEAKS HAUSA.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by salbis(m): 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
I Wish Pharmacist Danbaba Danfulani Suntai quickest recovery.

1 Like

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by 3kay945(m): 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
the dude is not dead yet,
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by philipstanley(m): 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
oh my God we are finished, bt i believe God will help us.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by omenka(m): 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
Please when would Anenih, IBB, Uduaghan, the two Maduekes, Dickson, Suswam, Theodor, Rotimi, Alam, Odilli, Katsina Alu, Otukpe, Lawan, Otedola, Aondokaa, Clerke, et al, grow some steel balls and take to the sky themselves too? Just a thought..

3 Likes

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Sagamite(m): 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
As per the governor. I hope he is not dead, he is just injured.

I hope the injury then kills him slowly while he is in unbearable pain.

Fcking arssehole. How did he get a private jet from being a career civil servant.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
manny4life:

Someone posted this on a similar thread before it was locked. I won't even comment on serious allegations of corruption against him. The bolded are sufficient: He probably saw flying a plane as driving a car.

Danbaba Suntai was not a rich man before he became the Governor of Taraba State in the North Eastern part of Nigeria in May 2007. In fact, he rode to the Government House in a 1986 jalopy Honda car that had seen better days.

Danbaba lived in an unfenced 2-bedroom apartment, having spent the better parts of the decade running from prosecution over a fertiliser scam that he perpetuated, and the State Government was looking for him to face prosecution.

Somehow, he joined politics and when former president Obasanjo kicked against Danladi Baido as the PDP candidate, the then Governor of Taraba, Jolly Nyame wanted someone he could control, so he quickly pardoned Danbaba and drafted him as the PDP candidate.
Today, Danbaba has spent his first term and finished the first year of the second term.

Danbaba Suntai’s love for aircraft and flying is however the reason for this expose, and how this obsession has run the state aground.

By the time Danbaba got to power, the State had two aircraft parked in Kaduna since the airport in Jalingo, the state capital was not conducive. Danbaba therefore wanted a better airport, and he blew about 9billion Naira on the airport, yet, it still could not land small planes talk less of commercial ones.

In his first term, governor Danbaba acquired another small aircraft for the State. By last year he had added a second, but none of them can land in the state.

The latest gist however is the acquisition of a helicopter at the cost of over 1billion Naira last month by the Governor.

According to our findings, the State held a fishing festival at Ibbi town about two months back, and during the festival, the governor hired an helicopter which took him to the fishing festival. After the festival, he pleaded with the pilot to spend more time in the state to teach him how to fly the chopper.

Before then, yemojanews.com learnt that, Danbaba had spent quality time despite his tight schedule as governor, attending the Aviation College in Jos, as well as another training school in America to learn how to fly. So after the fishing festival, Governor Danbaba took delivery of the helicopter.

According to sources, he has built a helipad inside the Government House so that he could fly the chopper out and in by himself, without having to drive through the town of Jalingo. We gathered that ever since he took delivery of the helicopter, Danbaba had been flying it himself, at times, just for leisure and sightseeing in the state capital.

To those who live around the Government House, they could only but grumble over the noise from the Governor’s take off and landing. We were told that since he brought in the helicopter, Governor Danbaba hardly travels round the State in his official cars, preferring the chopper

Meanwhile, the state is reeking in bankruptcy as the Governor has taken loans from banks to build airstrips in his village, plus the three aircarft he bought as well as keeping the Jalingo airstrip functional.

Based on this, once the state allocation get to the banks, the financial institutions deduct their loans before leaving whatever that remains for the government. Because of this, the day to day government business is run based on new loans from banks

1 Like

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Lekmusic: 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
He was a pilot. Graduated frm NCAT Zaria
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by dayokanu(m): 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
Na wa o

Ishe ki pani ayo ni paniyan (Poverty doesnt kill Its indulgence that kills)
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by freecocoa(f): 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
ismhab:
HE IS NOT ABOKI BUT A CHRISTIAN, BUT HE SPEAKS HAUSA.
And who says a christian can't be an aboki? Aboki simply means 'friend' I wonder what some people take it to mean.

1 Like

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Francuiz: 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
i heard he is dead. i saw it on facebook through VNTI
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nothing last forever. For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole and lose his soul. T
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by sushieater: 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
2 million: Who is Danbaba suntai of Taraba state?
The C.E.O of Sun Tai Watch Co Ltd
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Rooneyboy(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
aboki turns pilot over night.
Insanity @ its peak , what does he know about flying jets ?
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by killuminati(m): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
Na fuccking wa for naija news fa! Which one man pikin go listen to na

See > Tweet from @NigeriaNewsdesk
------------------------
@NigeriaNewsdesk: UPDATE: Taraba State Government says Governor Danbaba Danfulani Suntai was on the private plane that crashed in Yola, but is not dead.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by JoelFelix(m): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2012
or God help him is my governor and i can't see him dead, or Lord have mercy on him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Busari Twin Sisters Meet President Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Aisha Buhari On A Yacht In Turkey With Wives Of Other Leaders (Photos) / Obidients Hold Wheelbarrow Rally In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.