Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,313 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet (51357 Views)

Gov .danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Casts Vote In Suntai Ward / Gov. Suntai Of Taraba Flown To Germany / Govenor Dambaba Suntai Of Taraba State Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by olaolaking: 11:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
haywhy80: He's not dead but confirmed unconscious in an undisclosed hospital in Adamawa State.

This is updated report about the incident.

The crash happened at the airport which is the reason why he is not dead. The altitude of the plane was low. Otherwise, na auptosy den for do because den recognise the bodies
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by danjalingo: 11:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
234GT: Rough play. Him be pilot? I pity him sha.
he's bn flying for ova 2yrs now. he's a certified pilot and is licenced.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by shadrach77: 11:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
brentkruge:

For a man who was a civil servant ALL his life and now owns a plane (even if na tokunbo and a one engine Cessna), tell me that money grows on trees in his village. Mtsscheeeewwww. His official salary as a Governor is not up to N2m a month.

In our haste to criticise let us be objective. I read on a newspaper article posted on this thread that the state government owned two jets and he bought another two when he became governor, which might be what he was flying when the accident occurred kiss kiss undecided
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by mbhs139(m): 11:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
Rooneyboy:

u are right o grin

You this boy, you don come here again. You no dey rest?

I dey follow you o!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by xtophy(m): 11:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
He has nt being confirmed dead...
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by bakila: 11:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
brentkruge:

Having the name Dan-Fulani may just be an appendage at a young age that stuck. I know such names are given to light fellows who are thought to resemble fulani.

Taraba people are funny. Met a guy from Taraba who is named Dele. He has nothing connected with Yorubas.

In any case, when the man recovers, I hope he;

(i) understands the fragility of life
(2) know that stealing government money is not the ultimate
(3) know that he has to work hard to leave a good legacy cos he can die anytime and the millions will not save him
(4) STAYS OUT OF PLANES and travel along the potholed roads of his state more often
The bigotrt again. That guy is called Dele to link him with Dele Giwa, for his investigative and persistant ability to gather information. That guy will follow you and even confirm for how many hours you are with a girl in a room and the number of rounds you did. So shine you eyes and ears, ask and learn. Dont waste your travel.
obadiah777: HE IS A BRAVE MAN. FLYIN THAT SINGLE ENGINE DEATH CONTRAPTION. OH WELL HE AT THE PEARLY GATES NOW REQUESTING FOR PIPTY PIPE NAIRA SUYA.
That man no book pass u. Small time monkeys like you will be dividing the north on various lines claiming some are on your side. Yet you have no respect for either side even if the man is dying.

1 Like

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
This news is really shoking. When his mates are thinking of how to help flood victims, he is thinking of how to pilot an aircraft. I pray he survives. Embezzled funds dey intoxicate am. . BREAKING NEWS! TARABA GOVNOR PILOTED AN AIRCRAFT. Mctewwwwwwww
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by annawhite(f): 11:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
obadiah777: HE IS A BRAVE MAN. FLYIN THAT SINGLE ENGINE DEATH CONTRAPTION. OH WELL HE AT THE PEARLY GATES NOW REQUESTING FOR PIPTY PIPE NAIRA SUYA.
seriously this isn't funny! U r just being silly
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by spartanian(m): 11:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
he took his flying lessons with nigerian college of aviation technology, zaria
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Horus(m): 11:36pm On Oct 25, 2012

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by brentkruge: 11:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
shadrach77:

In our haste to criticise let us be objective. I read on a newspaper article posted on this thread that the state government owned two jets and he bought another two when he became governor, which might be what he was flying when the accident occurred kiss kiss undecided

Sorry to burst ya bubble. You wanna defend the guy. its alright, I understand. However, the news reports say its HIS private plane. Unless you have a source that says it isn't, I am afraid I ain't feeling you. Another report says he has an airstrip in his village of Suntai. Was that with his money? How morally right is he to do that in his village. Dunno man, but alot of questions here.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by denzel2009: 11:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
Was he trying to use a plane to rear his cows?
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by chucky234(m): 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
2 million: Who is Danbaba suntai of Taraba state?
He is or he was the looter in charge of Taraba state.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by largeman4u(m): 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2012
conflicting stories, is he dead or alive, when will Nigeria have a credible anti-corruption agency to checkmate corruption...
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by taharqa: 11:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
pDude:

Correct!

Sagamite I go buy you beer for this comment.

^^^
Why wont you hail a fellow sadist like yourself.

I recall you running around the vert first ALUU thread when the news just came out( before the video), spurning unimaginable hate against young boys you never meant and almost fighting against some of us who were saying that jungle justice of any kind( esp of young boys we weren't even sure at the time if they were really guilty of the 'crime' that were alleged to ave committed) was completed wrong. This was one of what you said that day( and it is not even the worst thing you said):

All this yan yan yen yen yan yen yen yen yen yen yan yan sentimental talk is getting boring. WTF were 5 sane boys doing in an uncompleted building, smoking weed surrounded by electronic appliances like phones and laptops? Were they using the uncompleted building's Wi-Fi? Or were they squatting in the building because the recent floods had driven them out of their abode? Maybe they were having a gay Fun.

Why would 5 sane boys be found in a suspicious place surrounded by suspicious appliances in a community that has been ravaged and is still licking its wound from incessant robbery attacks?

Abeg, I save my sentiments for every hustling student who has been robbed of his/her blackberry and laptop.

Justice, whether jungle or court has been served

Guy, the Environment is not the cause of your miserable life; No, you cant make sense of the mess it is by blaming every other thing but you. YOU are mostly responsible for its current state. DEAL WITH IT.

By the way, I pray for you. I pray that God somehow gives some bit of Light to your path...See? Am praying for you. You should try that sometimes.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by azzima(m): 11:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
gbadexy: Most people here are bitter o!
Nigerians are generally callous. Did anybody know for certain that he bought the plane after being a governor? Does someone just go for training in aviation if not a pilot or has interest in flying? So did he go for training in nigeria and america after being governor?
I read a post from a dimwit saying RIP to sponsor of boko haram not knowing the governor is a christian!
The total lack of empathy here is really frightening. Am sure most people commenting here haven't been to taraba or knows anything about the state to judge is performance.
may God bless you fir that my Brother.so sad how ppl rejoice over the death of another human being that we never knew personally.it can be anyone's father, uncle .My mother was a much hated school teacher because of her strict nature to the point that students wanted her dead but at home, she was loved and cherished.it goes for every human being too.you don't know anyone until you get to know themi personally.so sad
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by kundul: 11:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
Danbaba had a fracture of the left fore arm and a mild head injury only. He is very very stable and doing well while three other people sustained multiple fractures, only one small sized I mean small bodied man is in critical condition in FMC Yola. please pray for them all.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by azzima(m): 11:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
gbadexy: Most people here are bitter o!
Nigerians are generally callous. Did anybody know for certain that he bought the plane after being a governor? Does someone just go for training in aviation if not a pilot or has interest in flying? So did he go for training in nigeria and america after being governor?
I read a post from a dimwit saying RIP to sponsor of boko haram not knowing the governor is a christian!
The total lack of empathy here is really frightening. Am sure most people commenting here haven't been to taraba or knows anything about the state to judge is performance.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Francuiz: 11:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
Francuiz: i heard he is dead. i saw it on facebook through VNTI
. He is not dead. Saw it on Ait
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by bobofati(m): 11:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
chucky234: He is or he was the looter in charge of Taraba state.
At least he is or was a looter, so he has a job. wats ur designation? jobless dumbhead?
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by danjalingo: 11:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
2 million: Who is Danbaba suntai of Taraba state?
a motor machanic. mchuuuuuuu....
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by ngnetbiz: 11:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
All these abokis,nothing dem know wan do,dem wan fly plane,dem wan rule us forever by any means neccesssary,came up with the idea of bombing with no ambition and still backward like early man after years of ruling the country, continue suntao abi na jetao be your name,your head like chicken wings,aboki dey fly jet for your eyes abi...I no fit shout..a word is enough for other semi wise abokis like him
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by Horus(m): 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
UPDATE 3: The Federal Ministry of Aviation has just issued a statement saying the Taraba State Governor, Danbaba Suntai, and the other five passengers aboard the crashed plane are alive.
The statement titled “Incident Involving Aircraft, Cessna 208, 5N-BMJ in Yola, Adamawa State, reads:
“An aircraft, Cessna 208 with 6 souls on board including crew, operated by the Taraba State Government departed Jalingo, Taraba State for Yola this evening and reported contact with the Yola Control Tower (1720Z) and field in sight at 38 miles estimating landing at 1730Z. The pilot subsequently lost contact with Yola Control Tower and subsequent effort to raise the aircraft failed.”
“Search & Rescue was immediately activated and site of incident located with all victims alive with various degrees of injuries. The victims have been evacuated to the hospital for treatment pending further investigation of the incident.”
“This is the correct version of the incident; every other one that is contrary to this is incorrect.”
SIGNED: Joe Obi,SA (Media) to Aviation Minister
——————————————————————————————————————————————————-
UPDATE 2: Special Assistant to the President on New Media, Reno Omokri, has deleted the tweet with which he confirmed the death of Governor Danbaba Suntai.
He had tweeted, “May the soul of the late departed Governor, Danbaba Suntai, of Taraba State rest in peace and may God grant the state peace this trying time,” he said.
But when we checked his twitter handle at 9.25 p.m., the tweet was no longer there.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-
UPDATE 1: More reports reaching us from Taraba State indicate that the state government has issued a press release confirming the presence of the governor on the plane that crashed in Yola, Adamawa State, but saying the governor was not dead.
The governor was flying the private jet that had four other passengers. All were injured, but none of them died, the statement reportedly said.
The governor is believed to be the most badly hurt but is not dead and is currently receiving treatment at the General Hospital in Yola, a source that has seen the statement told us via telephone.
A rescue operative at the scene also said that none of the occupants of the plane died.
The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria has also promised to issue a statement soon.
We will provide more details as events unfold.
A presidency spokesperson, Reno Omokri, had earlier tweeted, confirming the governor died in the crash.
Read our earlier post below.
—————————————————————————————————————————————
Reports from Yola, the Adamawa State capital, indicate that an airplane has crashed while approaching the Yola International Airport.
Details of the incident is sketchy at this time, but witnesses said the plane looks small, like a non-commercial private jet, and crashed just behind the NNPC depot in the town.
There are reports that Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba was one of the passengers on the ill-fated plane. We are unable to independently confirmed this as the governor’s spokesperson could not be reached yet for confirmation.
But the Special Assistant to the President on New Media, Reno Omokri, has just tweeted, confirming the governor’s death.
“May the soul of the late departed Governor, Danbaba Suntai, of Taraba State rest in peace and may God grant the state peace this trying time,” he said.

Source: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/104879-breaking-news-plane-crash-in-yola.html
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by abdulkayus(m): 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
brentkruge:

Yes you are right. Just like the Majority Leader of the Plateau State House of Assembly, Mr. Gyang Fulani, a non muslim who was representing Barkin-Ladi Local Government Area in the House of Assembly who was allegedly killed by Fulani gunmen.

I guess his name didnt save him.

I have seen non Muslim people bearing names like Abubakar, Shehu, Ahmadu, Isa etc. Names, as looks, can be deceiving.

u are very correct guy, many northern xtains bear names lyk ibrahim, isa, adamu, yusuf, garba, amina, maryam, saratu, hannatu, yakubu, alheri, musa, ali, buba, samaila. To dem its nt islamic name bt hausa name.

Bt d annoyin tin is dat while d northern muslims are marginalisin dem and disregardin some of dem, d southern xtains are also guilty of dat thinkin dat everybody in d north is hausa and muslim. SMH, ignorant at its best.

CIAO
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by taharqa: 11:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
abdulkayus:

brentkruge has alreay answer it. I think d Danfulani name may be gotten frm dat he is fair in complexion, wat dey call laqani in hausa language. Its commom in d north, a name can be attach to ur personality cos of ur feature or wat u are gud at. And it can also be his christined name, who knows, cos dere are ppl in plateau state also dat bear Danfulani and dey are xtains.

Ciao.

Okay, Thanks

But what about the Christian thing. Is it true that about 70% or so of Tarabans are Christians?
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by killuminati(m): 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
THREAD CLOSED
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by kutchs: 12:00am On Oct 26, 2012
Super1759: whether he is dead or not, it won't affect the number of rams that wiLl be killed in taraba. Guys go still celebrate.
If you know what the guy means for us you wouldnt have said this. He‘s not perfect but he‘s doing just fine for us. This is not the best time for him to go, he will survive and live in Jesus name.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by abdulkayus(m): 12:02am On Oct 26, 2012
ngnetbiz: All these abokis,nothing dem know wan do,dem wan fly plane,dem wan rule us forever by any means neccesssary,came up with the idea of bombing with no ambition and still backward like early man after years of ruling the country, continue suntao abi na jetao be your name,your head like chicken wings,aboki dey fly jet for your eyes abi...I no fit shout..a word is enough for other semi wise abokis like him

u c dem, u are d type of ppl am talkin abt. Educated illitrate thinkin dat life start and end in his village. Hey dude, travel out of hole and appreciate God wonder, stop bein spoon feed wit gabbages u hear frm haters.

CIAO

1 Like

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by abdulkayus(m): 12:06am On Oct 26, 2012
taharqa:

Okay, Thanks

But what about the Christian thing. Is it true that about 70% or so of Tarabans are Christians?

i can actually vouch for dat, its lyk 50 50 or even more xtains dan d muslims. Bt there is religion tolerant there.

1 Like

Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by luluosas(m): 12:07am On Oct 26, 2012
I pray he will survive in Jesus name amen.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by tunapawizzy: 12:09am On Oct 26, 2012
Hypocrisy all over. Why should I pity a thief? I DONT PITY WICKED THIEVES, GOD DOES AND DATS Y HE IS GOD n I AM HUMAN. Those who celebrate d thief's misfortune are 100 times better than some guvnor that failed to fix roads n buy jet for his own comfort at other people's expense. Anyone that deprives less privileged of their entitlements n divert funds for his/her own personal comfort deserves to die a painful, slow death. U fly private jets around when kids in ur state cannot afford to go to school...u hypocrites should fear God.
Re: Governor Danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Crashes Private Jet by ismhab(m): 12:10am On Oct 26, 2012
HE WILL DIE TODAY OR 2MORROW, OR EVEN AFTER ONE WEEK, HE IS CRITICALLY INJURED.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senator Ademola Adeleke Dancing In A Church In USA (Pics, Video) / Ahmad Salkida Says ISWAP Behind Attack That Killed Over 100 Nigerian Soldiers / Aisha Buhari On A Yacht In Turkey With Wives Of Other Leaders (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.