Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

African Nerd - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / African Nerd (61902 Views)

Mosquito Palaver (legend Of The Nerd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nerd by movmentish(m): 12:04am On Dec 03, 2012
minion is no monkey man!!!!
Redmosquito I assume you've got the remaining part stuck som where,plz post it all at once
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
“I know what you are thinking! I am no MONKEY!!”
The white centaur is now conscious, he is helped to his feet by his colleagues. He staggers across, towards us, me and minion.
This battered giant stands in front of us, his broken club in his hands.
“You have shown great strength. None has bested Arcadia, white master of the centaurs. You are a worthy one. You are the Black Prince”
And with that, he goes to his knees. He bows to me, with his broken club outstretched towards me.
At first all the other centaurs look around in astonishment, I bet it takes a lot to earn their loyalty.
The white centaur, Arcadia, looks up and passes a commanding glance to the arrow-wielding centaur who still stands beside him.
And so he too bows, offering his arrow to me in the process. And they all bow, the hundreds of them. All bowing to me, in knees and head, their arms all offered up . I, the one they now call the Black prince.
Minion looks to me, pride in his eyes.
“You have proven yourself. Take the club”
I walk up to the kneeling beast, I wish he wasn’t this fiery, but I walk all the same, ignoring the heat and pain. I stretch out my hand to the club. And with a touch, the club disintegrates into light. A bright white light, the light flows into me. I feel the strength of the horse-men, I feel their power, I feel their rage. I know who they are.
And for a second, just a second, I am in flames. My body bears a black fire, like that of burniing iron. This blazen fire engulfs me long enough to burn holes in my clothes. But I am not burnt. Do not feel the heat. I do not feel pain, but I feel the fire.
“Black Prince! When you call on us, we shall not fail to heed”, the white master says, before galloping away with his brothers.
“How shall I call on you?”, I ask, but they are already gone, almost as if they melted into the blackness of this place
“Mortal! When the time is right. You shall know!”, replies Minion
“Here! These are scrolls of power. They shall help you! Take them!”, he says as he hands me old dusty folds of papyrus, “You must learn to control your gift! Or it shall devour you. Without control, you shall fall by your own hands”
“How did I get all this power?! How has this gift come upon me?! Medusa called you a godling, are you such?!”, I ask
“There are secrets, some hidden from the gaze of even the gods themselves, others too dangerous to reveal”, he replies, “You must go now! Remember! You must learn control!”
He places his right hand behind him, fumbling something. Before placing his left hand on my chest.
Suddenly I awake in my bed, sweating and panting. I grab the phone , it is still midnight. I look beside me, my brother lies still, his chest movements create a loud snore-like sound. His face is in a puddle of his own saliva.
I look to my other side, I see the scrolls, old and frail. As I unfold it, I suppress a confusing laugh. The damn thing is written in pidgin. The universe is officially gone crazy.
A word rings in my head. I can hear the centaurs call on me. Their voice hoarse and old, they chant my praise. Black Prince! Black Prince!! Black Prince!!! I scoff. I am no Prince, I am the lowest of men, the introvert, the anti-social, the weirdo, I am no prince, I am the theorist, I am the ignored, the forgotten, I am the stutterer, the quiet. I am the seer of gloom and doom.
I am the African.
I AM THE AFRICAN NERD.

8 Likes

Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2012
MY MIND REMAINED THE SAME

O happy day I heard people singing
Christmas by the corner
My heart celebrates with everyone
My thoughts dancing alingo
But then my mind remains the same
Why celebrate when you have no peace
And those who you lean on are gone
Pity the whole world is now on my shoulder

I smoked the sacred leaf for succor
My eyes played a host of trick on me
I felt my head enlarge in size
But my mind remained the same
I jumped into the ocean
Of fresh palmwine tapped in the night
I tried to drink my sorrow away
I succeeded only in compounding them
For my mind remained the same

Now I cry not for my country
My tears are too precious to use
Now I weep not for the killings
My heart is already used to it
Even the bombings scares me not
My ear drum is now thicker
Sound of gunshots only reminds me
25th December is round the corner
So why fear the uncertain
That which you know not cannot kill you
Alas, the bullets and bombs too

My mind remained the same
For the country has not changed
The promises are still unfulfilled
The killings getting more skillful
The government is still the same
Just a reshuffling of the players
So why bother myself with it
When the world doesn’t
I’ll just wrap my weed bigger
Drink my palmwine more
And allow my mind remain the same

2 Likes

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2012
Foxy is officially mad
Signed
Yaba left management
Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
Redmosquito: Foxy is officially mad
Signed
Yaba left management

I wanted to promote the poem na.... Lol.... grin grin grin

Please, don't tell me that this is the end angry angry angry
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2012
Foxy_Rebirth:

I wanted to promote the poem na.... Lol.... grin grin grin

Please, don't tell me that this is the end angry angry angry
see as u just derail my post. Na u write am? Why u no make as new topic?
Re: African Nerd by movmentish(m): 8:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
Foxy_Rebirth but why na
My redmosquito-ness how does the black prince intends on reaching jonathan?

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
movmentish: Foxy_Rebirth but why na
My redmosquito-ness how does the black prince intends on reaching jonathan?
Coming soon! Coming tomorrow actually! I have not forgotten that!
For advert and supplier details visit shop 32a alaba road
Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 8:52am On Dec 04, 2012
Redmosquito:

I no dey like post poem for this section, it will get views but no comment and for the record, na me write am grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by Udee1(f): 9:13am On Dec 04, 2012
Redmosquito:
For a moment there I thought u had ended the story. Don't take too long o
Re: African Nerd by movmentish(m): 11:30am On Dec 04, 2012
Foxy_Rebirth you try.....me thinks your poem is nice
Redmosquito its 2mao already please
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 8:29pm On Dec 04, 2012
sorry guyz. I cant update today. Was too busy. Perhaps tomao. No! Tomorrow I will. I must
Re: African Nerd by Tomeseen(f): 9:54pm On Dec 04, 2012
angry keep d tempo u started with now, eida ur new found powers are getting into yah head or u are really busy doing hades bidding. Am i scared of u? Nah! Av got odeshi cool cool cool
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 10:03pm On Dec 04, 2012
Tomeseen: angry keep d tempo u started with now, eida ur new found powers are getting into yah head or u are really busy doing hades bidding. Am i scared of u? Nah! Av got odeshi cool cool cool

Tomorrow I shall not fail u
Re: African Nerd by greedie1(f): 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2012
blessed be the night i stumbled on this thread....

REDMOSQUITO, i doff my cap!!!! you are something else
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 11:21pm On Dec 04, 2012
gree-die:
blessed be the night i stumbled on this thread....

REDMOSQUITO, i doff my cap!!!! you are something else
I am left dazzled and speechless................and upon how I black reach, I still find way to blush
Sometimes words complicate things

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by purpinkx(m): 12:51am On Dec 05, 2012
Nice one dude
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 12:52am On Dec 05, 2012
purpinkx: Nice one dude
Thank you. Thank you
****Bowing to you***
I like ur profile pic btw
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 3:01am On Dec 05, 2012
Sorry for this long one. I got carried away and overwrote. Midnight vigor
Hercules, the hulk of Olympus, he fed on the white milk of mules . It was his substance of control. But he grew overconfident, forgot his stimulant. Well! He ran mad and killed his sons.
Achilles, the one with the weakness of the heel, he sustained himself on the black waters of the river Styx. After nine days away from this potent medicine, he lost control. He fell by Apollo.
I read on.
This scroll is just talking stories. I get to the last paragraph.
It went thus
“ We know say u no read all the thing wey we write for this book. Oya make we summarize am for you. You better go sabi the merecine wey go helep you hold body. Every hero get them own individual food-merecine. Or else you go turn permanent tenant for Hades house”
Fifty kilos of papyrus, more than three hundred paragraphs, and this is the message they were trying to pass across, these few words. I fling away the scroll in anger. I just crammed all this rubbish for nothing.
The scroll dissolves away into the black night. I turn to look at the time, two o’clock?! I will ponder on what I have just read in the day.
I turn to catch some sleep. And I dream.
I see myself in space, I am stabbed, I am falling into a dark pit. I am being locked up.
“No! My children! Forgive me!”, I gasp awake.
Tap! Tap!!
I see only white.
“Mummy is calling you! Oya come and pray!”, says a female voice
“Take your light away from my eyes jare!”, I manage to mumble, the rubbish girl is just pointing the torch at my eyes.
I walk to my Mother’s room. I get on my knees. And fall asleep in that same position, I no even waste time sef. Anytime she says “in Jesus name”, I automatically reply with “Amen”, while I am still asleep. I have adapted to this early morning stuff, I always reply prayers with “Amen” even when asleep. More than ten years of morning prayers will give you that ability.
As soon as I hear “The grace”, I unconsciously and instinctively chant the grace. After it all, I stand up and greet my mother
“Good Morning Ma”, I say before repairing back to my room.
As I drop to my bed, I don’t even remember what just happened. Everything I have just done was without consciousness, it was all a conditioned reflex, not worth remembering again. I doze off.
“Ayomide! Are you a woman?! Always sleeping like one that is carrying a baby! Wake up! Abi you cannot hear me?!”, I wake up to the complains, rebukes and commands of my mother, much to my own displeasure. She just stands above me, looking at me with the stony stare of Medusa.
“Don’t you know it is not good to sleep too much!? You will fall sick oooo!!!”, she warns.
“I slept late”, I mumble.
I wait for her to go on and on about my laziness, she doesn’t disappoint me. I soak up all the scoldings, all the nags.
She leaves the room when she sees I am not paying attention to her. She shouts something about yams. Yams! What is my business with yams?! I pull the blanket tighter over me and travel once more into sleep land.
“Ayomide!! Ayomide!!!! Come here!!”, I hear someone shouting
I pull myself awake. I quickly jump out of the bed. I run out of my room in only boxers, my eyes still red from sleep. Saliva trails all over my face.
“What?! What?!”, I quickly shout back
I run to the kitchen. Smoke everywhere, white fumes everywhere. I see a figure in the mist. It is my mother holding the blackened pot.
“See how you’ve burnt the yams?! What is your problem?! So I cannot leave you in the house with food on fire abi?! Why are you so useless in the house?!.......”, the rebukes flow like spaghetti.
I just stand there looking pitiful. I don’t know what just happened, I still feel drowsy. I try to keep my eyes wide open, I need them open if I am going to look apologetic and sorry.
After thirty minutes of fighting to keep myself awake, she finally says
“I am going out now! If you like burn the house! You better know what you will eat!”
The last clear image in my head is that of her walking out the door.
I jerk awake again. I slept off again dammit. I am having serious sleep problems oooo!
I hear my stomach rumble. What will I eat? As soon as the question popped in my head, I suddenly remembered my mother’s words
“You better know what you will eat”
What?! No food?! Chai! Just now that my mothers’ words are sinking into my thick skull. I run to the kitchen! No food, only a choking smell. I look in the pots, nothing. I see only one occupied pot, it is the one filled with burnt yams.
Ooooooh!! What kind of life is this?! Now I have to cook with an empty belly! Can my day get any worse?! I had to ask the damn question, for at that moment there was a quiet knock on the door.
Koko!! Kokokokoko!!
I proceed to the door. I pull it open with so much anger in me, I am surprised it didn’t break. No one?! I look right, look left, no-one in sight.
Cuckooo!!!Cuckooookoooo!!!
I look to the ground. Standing there with so much boldness, are these five little chickens. They probably used their beaks to hit the door, they want their breakfast. These gluttons want to eat when I have not eaten?!
They look up to me with their stupid beady eyes. I stare down at them with a murderous look in my eyes. They are still here?!
I slowly draw back my right foot. They are still here?! Still looking for food abi?! I will give them what they will eat and will never hunger again !
I release a swift and thunderous kick.
Gboa!!!
Cuckokokokokokokoko!!! Cokokokokokoko!!!!!
They all tumble everywhere over each other, in a bid to escape my attack. But you were the ones knocking on my door na! Don’t you want to eat?! Come and eat na! Let me serve you guys a big plate of pain!!
I chase after them. These always-hungry featherbrains. They want to eat when their master is still thinking of burnt yams!
Gboa!! Gboa!!! Gboa!!!
I kick three of them into the air, the others are lucky enough to escape my rage.
And then I catch sight of my palm sandals. My Two thousand Naira sandal has been cut, it bears two ragged holes, enough evidence to identity the assailant. Somebody will die today. Chai!! Mbanu! Somebody must die today.
I walk towards Jill’s cage.

2 Likes

Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 8:43am On Dec 05, 2012
You know na, I must comment o.... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: African Nerd by olulu(m): 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
@Redmosquito

you should consider publishing this your story as a novel.
its very interesting and hilarious.
Nice one, very unlike anything I have ever read b4.
Re: African Nerd by Veev101: 1:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
Lol,na wa oo,this is animal molestation grin,cant stop lafin
Re: African Nerd by purpinkx(m): 1:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
That prayer routine na follow come ... Auto reply cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by movmentish(m): 1:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
Redmosquito,does ayomide lose his powers when he is at home coz I don't think those chicken ought to survive his kicks if I'm to believe he has all that power in him?
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 2:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
movmentish: Redmosquito,does ayomide lose his powers when he is at home coz I don't think those chicken ought to survive his kicks if I'm to believe he has all that power in him?

Ayomide's powers is like auto defense. He doesnt know how to control it yet, so it just comes and goes like Nepa. And btw, it doesnt come on for petty things, he has to discover how it works.
purpinkx: That prayer routine na follow come ... Auto reply cheesy
Na so we see am ooooo
Veev101: Lol,na wa oo,this is animal molestation grin,cant stop lafin
Those chickens! The day wey I so chop them I go happy die
olulu:

@Redmosquito

Thank you thank you grin grin
Foxy_Rebirth: You know na, I must comment o.... cheesy cheesy cheesy
U come dey lie for us say na only once you don post story for here, you think say I no sabi you from tey tey
In short I Thank you all for your comments. Na U guys dey give me spirit to keep it up grin grin grin grin grin
THANK YOU

1 Like

Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Redmosquito:
U come dey lie for us say na only once you don post story for here, you think say I no sabi you from tey tey
In short I Thank you all for your comments. Na U guys dey give me spirit to keep it up grin grin grin grin grin
THANK YOU

You know wetin I mean na, no be the other way round, I no dey write follow this kind pattern na, moreover, better go comment put for the story because I don update.
Re: African Nerd by Udee1(f): 4:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
^^^ hmm *snooping mode activated*
Re: African Nerd by Udee1(f): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
Redmosquito I hope u now have enough proof that u've got fans. So get scribbling!
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
U-dee:
Redmosquito I hope u now have enough proof that u've got fans. So get scribbling!
grin grin grin grin
Re: African Nerd by FoxyRebirth(m): 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
U-dee:
^^^ hmm *snooping mode activated*

https://www.nairaland.com/1122510/begining-end-first-story

This is the link **Praying Mosquito doesn't get angry** lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: African Nerd by Redmosquito(m): 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
This week is so not going well for me.
I will update tomorrow. Hopefully.
My readers please bear with me
*****Boys and gehs! Dont ever underestimate alcoholic wine******
Re: African Nerd by greedie1(f): 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
olulu:

@Redmosquito

i dey tell you..

he reminds me of why i love to read grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Out Of The Blue / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss / Story: A New Dawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.