Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP (10871 Views)

Fashola Failed Lagosians – PDP / Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by opeoluwa2(f): 2:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
Baby mama:
[size=28pt]
some of you should stop talking ignorantly.
Most of the mad people wandering around Lagos are Yorubas and the beggars are mostly Hausas and Yorubas.The Yorubas mainly indiscriminate products of polygamous homes with absentee fathers while the agberos and area boys are all Yorubas[/size]
Truth be told,the Igbos in Lagos are
perhaps the most gainfully employed of all Lagosians
No Igbo man leaves his fathers land to go beg in Lagos
Igbos don't roll that way

Don't stay in your living room and be forming a statistician,is begging now a tribal thing or mental disorder a yoruba or hausa trait?
You mean you ve never seen an igbo agbero?
I have seen ,he speaks yoruba and he is a ful blooded igbo man married with kids to a very pretty secondary school certificate holder. Ve u taking a look at the boys selling gala on our holdups?
They are mostly igbos.if you doubt it,stop by a popular holdup like ikeja and confirm for yourself.you keep shouting igbos are the ones moving lagos forward,how?
Its by the kiosk they open around every street of lagos or the chemist shop were they sell fake drugs.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by luvinhubby(m): 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2012
Wsdm: ... Is it the same PDP that are destroying non indigene's houses in Abuja and re- allocating those land to the likes of El- Rufai's children and madam ' fellow widows'? Is it the same PDP that stole 2.7 trillion Naira in the name of subsidy in an election year? Is it the same PDP that increased petrol pump price from 19 naira in 1999 to 97 Naira in 2012?...
....And the same ACN that resurfaced public road and introduced N120 per car toll.

....The same ACN that increased LASU school fees from N25,000 to N250,000

I wonder why Joe Igbokwe was silent on the " CITIZEN DEPORTATION"
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by GARRIx7(m): 2:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
sucess001:

Goodness! ...Garri makes such a dull comment and another fool clicked on 'like'. lemme educate u sha since u re unrepentantly ignorant...even those beggars u see pay tax...as long as u buy goods...u re most likely paying taxes...cos the goods u re buying must have been sold by a company which has been taxed and the good itself wud have likely been taxed...in fiscal parlance...those taxes are called 'indirect tax'...in essence, the beggers @ least pay tax by purchasing taxed goods...For your 411..am workin in the legal dept of one of the biggest banks in africa...i also worked 4 2 yrs in a lawfirm in banana island where i charged $200 per hour for foreign clients...so this knowledge am giving u...is smetin u shd just shut ur mouth up and appreciate...ode

IF YOU'RE A LAWYER, THEN YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO YOUR PROFESSION.....

FOOLISH WRITE-UP!!!...... grin grin grin grin grin grin

WHO ASK YOU HOW MUCH YOU CHARGE??

SO THE STATE GOVT. SHOULD ALLOW BEGGARS & DESTITUTES LITTER THE STREETS AND KEEP CONSTITUTING A NUISANCE BECAUSE THEY BUY PURE WATER AND INDOMIE... ABI? UR HEAD NOR CORRECT.....
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by GARRIx7(m): 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
Desola:

ode ni e! How does tax on food which you can argue that a 2 year old pays when she buys a gum, is tantamount to paying income tax. I shudder at the grave error your employer made in giving you a job.

You call yourself a lawyer? I laugh! A lawyer that can't construct just one sentence accurately without using text language? How do you write legal representations?
D GUY NA "CHARGE AND BAIL"...... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by Afam4eva(m): 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2012
@ Mr GARRI (x7)

You've still not answered my question.
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by GARRIx7(m): 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva: @ Mr GARRI (x7)

You've still not answered my question.

What question??
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by Afam4eva(m): 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2012
GARRI (x7):

What question??
If Lagos indigenes are found in the criteria of people you classified as nuisance, what should be done to them?
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by GARRIx7(m): 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:
If Lagos indigenes are found in the criteria of people you classified as nuisance, what should be done to them?

Rehabilitate them.....
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by Afam4eva(m): 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Rehabilitate them.....
And non indigenes cannot be rehabilitated? Instead they are deported as if they're citizens of another country. Mind you Lagos gets the huge allocation it gets from the FG because of the non-indigenes in this state. if it were for only the non-indigenes, lagos would have probably been getting the lowest allocation in the federation.
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by sucess001(m): 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
GARRI (x7):

IF YOU'RE A LAWYER, THEN YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO YOUR PROFESSION.....

FOOLISH WRITE-UP!!!...... grin grin grin grin grin grin

WHO ASK YOU HOW MUCH YOU CHARGE??

SO THE STATE GOVT. SHOULD ALLOW BEGGARS & DESTITUTES LITTER THE STREETS AND KEEP CONSTITUTING A NUISANCE BECAUSE THEY BUY PURE WATER AND INDOMIE... ABI? UR HEAD NOR CORRECT.....

last word on u...cos u stupid enuf to understand issues....

i didnt knw destitues and beggers were the okada riders o...if they re...i apologize...if they re not...den u plain stupid...
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by sucess001(m): 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2012
Desola:

ode ni e! How does tax on food which you can argue that a 2 year old pays when she buys a gum, is tantamount to paying income tax. I shudder at the grave error your employer made in giving you a job.

You call yourself a lawyer? I laugh! A lawyer that can't construct just one sentence accurately without using text language? How do you write legal representations?

desola...i tend to respect the female folk buh since u ve decided to be nasty here goes....first...i can use txt language cos this is a public forum and a social network...am not writing a 'brief'...

i see u also ignorant to knw there's no such docment as a 'legal representations'...

on the tax matter...pls counter my argument with a fiscal argument...not just show ur emotional instability...its a fiscal fact...go and ask anyone with basic knowledge of tax...

if u dont wanna take my word...oya lemme do some research for you and Mr. "Garri(x7) ...

"The term indirect tax has more than one meaning. In the colloquial sense, an indirect tax (such as sales tax, a specific tax, value added tax (VAT), or goods and services tax (GST)) is a tax collected by an intermediary (such as a retail store) from the person who bears the ultimate economic burden of the tax (such as the consumer). The intermediary later files a tax return and forwards the tax proceeds to government with the return. In this sense, the term indirect tax is contrasted with a direct tax which is collected directly by government from the persons (legal or natural) on which it is imposed. Some commentators have argued that "a direct tax is one that cannot be shifted by the taxpayer to someone else, whereas an indirect tax can be."[1]

Features

1.Indirect taxation is policy often used to generate tax revenue. Indirect tax is so called as it is paid indirectly by the final consumer of goods and services while paying for purchase of goods or for enjoying services.
2.Indirect tax is broadly based since it is applied to everyone in the society whether rich or poor.
3.The tax payer who pays the tax does not bear the burden of tax; the burden is shifted to the ultimate consumers.
4.In the case of a direct tax, the taxpayer has to bear the burden of tax personally; in case of indirect tax the taxpayer and the taxbearer are not the same person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indirect_tax

Investopedia explains 'Indirect Tax'

Indirect taxes can also be defined as fees that are levied equally upon taxpayers, no matter their income. This is a primary reason why they are thought of as taxes that are passed on, as the price of the tax is compensated for by simply increasing the overall price of the good or service

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/indirecttax.asp

you want more education? word ofadvise...before we talk...lets get informed opinion...pls
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by GARRIx7(m): 3:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:
And non indigenes cannot be rehabilitated? Instead they are deported as if they're citizens of another country. Mind you Lagos gets the huge allocation it gets from the FG because of the non-indigenes in this state. if it were for only the non-indigenes, lagos would have probably been getting the lowest allocation in the federation.

Even The PDP-led FG in Abuja is arresting and deporting them to their states of origin

http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/index.php/news/news/metro-news/5573-beggars-hawkers-prostitutes-warned-to-quit-abuja-to-avoid-arrest

Beggars, hawkers, prostitutes warned to quit Abuja to avoid arrest

Details Published on Monday, 17 September 2012 04:07 Written by Josephine Ella Hits: 222 .

Beggars, hawkers and commercial sex workers operating in the Federal Capital Territory(FCT) have been warned to vacate the streets of Abuja to avoid been apprehended.

The Minister of State for the FCT, Oloye Olajumoke Akinjide, who handed the warning at the weekend said that the Social Development Secretariat of the FCT and other relevant security agencies and organization have been directed to commence massive arrest and evacuation of those constituting nuisance to the city.

She lamented that the activities of beggars, hawkers and sex workers has continued to present the city in bad a light even as it is constituting security threat to the well being of the people of the territory.

Akinjide added that the amount of complaints from various quarters on the activities of these groups of persons have reached alarming rate requiring immediate and responsive response to nip them in the bud.

Represented by the Secretary for Social Development Secretariat, Mrs. Blessing Onuh told newsmen during an inspection tour of the city that the influx of beggars, hawkers and all forms of miscreant into the city in recent months is very disturbing.

According to her, the FCT Minister, Bala Mohammed and herself have been working tirelessly to rid the city of the activities of criminals and have promised the residents of the city to keep Abuja clean and safe in line with the Transformation Agenda of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

"While Abuja is an all inclusive capital for all Nigerians, it is not a safe haven for beggars, hawkers, and commercial sex workers. With the current security situation in the country the FCT Administration cannot fold its arm and watch beggars and hawkers take over the streets of the FCT, particularly, as we don't know who they are and where they are coming from".
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by Afam4eva(m): 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
^^I asked you a simple question and instead of you to answer you're telling me that the FG is doing it too. Does that make it right?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by GARRIx7(m): 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:

https://www.nairaland.com/704764/beggars-deported-back-states-abuja

Abuja authorities relocate beggars to their states of origin
By Ngozi Oboh
June 30, 2011 10:46PM
print email

Less than 24 hours after the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) announced a review on the operations of parks and gardens in the city and directing that they should henceforth close by 6pm, the administration yesterday repatriated over 170 beggars arrested from different parts of the city to their respective states of origin.

This, according to FCTA, is part of its effort to ensure security of lives and properties in the federal capital.

The repatriated beggars, who were evicted in groups in different buses, were taken to states such as Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Jigawa, Nasarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Plateau and Gombe. Other states are: Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Abia.

The repatriation exercise, which was carried out by the Society Against Prostitution and Child Labour in Nigeria (SAP-CLN) in collaboration with the Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB) and Social Development Secretariat of the FCT administration, was the biggest since the exercise started months ago.

While addressing journalists at the Bwari Rehabilitation Centre where the exercise took place, Grace Adogo, coordinator of SAP-CLN, explained that based on the security state of the FCT, the beggars have to go back to their states.

“Because of the current security challenges in the FCT, the permanent secretary, Nathaniel Abiodun Olorunfemi has directed us to rid the city of the street begging and hawking which contravenes Section 36 of the AEPB Act of 1997,” she said. “The beggars, who are widely unknown and who do not have any identity, often flood traffic jam in the city carrying bags with unknown items. They even peep into peoples’ cars while begging for alms”.

Stay away

She warned the beggars not to return to the city, adding that they (beggars) would be prosecuted if arrested for the second time.

Oludare Atere, assistant director at the Social Development Secretariat of the FCTA lamented the problem posed by beggars saying that it appears to be getting complex by the day.

He added that the FCT administration would not relent in its efforts at ensuring that beggars, hawkers and commercial sex workers are removed from the street of Abuja.

Mr Atere enjoined the beggars to seek meaningful sources of livelihood when they get to their respective states of origin.

On his part, Bala Tsoho the principal, Bwari Rehabilitation Centre, expressed dismay at the unwillingness of most of the beggars to embrace the FCTA initiative to rehabilitate them at the centre.

He said this is because the beggars lack a “sense of dignity and pride.”
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by lukkie(m): 3:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
The truth is bitter. Fashola is right & PDP is only seeking cheap popularity. Everybody in Lagos came from a village, even Lagos indigens. If you can't abide by d law, why not go back gently?
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by GARRIx7(m): 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva: ^^I asked you a simple question and instead of you to answer you're telling me that the FG is doing it too. Does that make it right?

It depends on how you look at it.....
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by punche(m): 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
Deadly PDP..... I hate that party.
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by patimore: 3:34pm On Nov 09, 2012
PDP should STFU. The worst of Fashola is better than GEJ in his prime
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by Omen100(m): 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
dublinkmy6: I'm not suprised that this tribalistic posture is coming from a yoruba man. Tribalism is a major component of their DNA. Any state that is not prepared to handle the negative impact of having foreigners in the state, should also not accept the benefits of having foreigners in the state. You cannot allow wealthy foreigners develope your state and at the same time, chase out the poor foreigners. It's either you want foreigners, or you don't! SIMPLE

You are just a dirty, nasty trunk of wood that's just stick to ground who called himself a human, I don't even know what your username's is, You listen to me now boy, you don't go around poking on things you don't understand unless you want me to be your worst nightmare, so back-off & come out from chauvinism or be prepared to face consequence of Nature.
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by naturalwaves: 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
afam4eva:
You guys should stop twisting events. he never sent anyone parking from the state. he only drove non-indigenes from the civil service.

“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt".- Abraham Lincoln.
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by Venchy: 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
Lagos must not be destroy except those with bad intention will be flushed out.

Eko Oni Baje oo
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by whitecat007: 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
Most nigerians are enemies of progress. Well done Fashola!
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by whitecat007: 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
If you are from lagos, you will protect its interest. I'm not a lagosian though I was born there, but will protect it for my maternal side of the family.
savanto: [color=#006600]
what if I'm from Lagos State and i do reside in my local government area or LCDA, where does Fash want to me to go since the Lagos state bye-laws are very hard on me now?? You seem to forget that even Lagos indigenes are not immune from breaking the laws of the land.

Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by whitecat007: 4:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
Look, lagos is not the only state in nigeria nor is it the only former capital city in nigeria, so you either obey what he said or get the hell out.
Billyonaire: Fashola made the statement barely 2 days ago that those who can not obey traffic laws should return back to their village: That was rude, that was arrogant, that was stupid and that was unprofessional of a governor. I love fashola, but I have to warn him that there is life after politics, he should not be making statements that will hunt him. He hasn't been the wisest since he got re-elected and now he is ruining his image with his utterances. PDP is very right on this, cos fashola statements are recorded and we can replay it before elections.
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by whitecat007: 4:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
AS SIMPLE AS THAT!!!
GARRI (x7):

When they become a nuisance, then they should be sent packing.

You gat no job, no shelter, no money, no skill, no education, NOTHING.. Yet you want to stay in a City and constitute a menace. HELL NO!! Please Go back to ur effing Village...

And if city laws are too complex for you...... BACK TO YOUR VILLAGE..

Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by whitecat007: 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
How many actions in nigeria are backed up by the constitution?
afam4eva:
I hope the constitution back up your statement. Btw, what if Lagos indigenes are found to belong to the category of people you states, will they also be sent out of Lagos or be left to remain a nuisance since they're Lagosians.
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by whitecat007: 4:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
Whatever, they are not going to sit and watch you guys destroy what are building.
sucess001: amma not goin to gewt involved in the ACN-PDP tin...i voted for ACN sincew democracy started buh i guarantee you that that wont continue. ACN has been affected by the 'Animal Farm' syndrome....they came to power on the ideology they were the party for majority...only to turn around and dish out elitist favoured policies...i ll onl;y vote for candidates now...shameless lots!
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by whitecat007: 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2012
Stop paying taxes and make plans to relocate your business too.
Gabbysky:
[color=#000099]
Please my guy, how can one stop paying tax to LASG? 'cos I feel like I'm helping to fund
a terrible dynasty who end up using our hard earned money to oppress the poor and less-privilege.
At least I'll have rest of mind and my tax is in six digits too for 11 years now,
yet no tangible development where i reside.
I really need help please
[/color]
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by whitecat007: 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2012
take dat: PDP who has been in power for 13 years should take the blame cos if they had provided good governance people won't think it necessary to leave other states in search of a better life in Lagos. Lagos state receives allocation just like every other state, if the other states had catered for the welfare of its people Lagos would have had fewer people trooping in on a daily basis. There should be even distribution of wealth all across the federation so that people won't take Lagos as their Nigeria and Fashola as their President

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by farem: 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2012
ballabriggs: Is it the same PDP that Governor Orji of Abia sent non-indigenes of Abia especially Imo people packing from his state?

Is it the same PDP that Oyinlola and Akala spent the better part of their time in office bickering over LAUTECH teaching hospital?

Is it the same Lagos PDP that never wanted Aganga to represent them as the said Aganga is an Edo indigene and not a 'Lagosian'?
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by earthgreeners(m): 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2012
I love this statement..

''The worst of Fashola is far better than GEJ in his prime''
Re: Fashola Is Rude To Non-lagosians – PDP by whitecat007: 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2012
Go and hit your head on the wall, ODE! true lagosians will continue to protect its interest while you Atounrinwas will keep gnashing your teeth in vain. Who asked you not to develop your homeland?
dublinkmy6: I'm not suprised that this tribalistic posture is coming from a yoruba man. Tribalism is a major component of their DNA. Any state that is not prepared to handle the negative impact of having foreigners in the state, should also not accept the benefits of having foreigners in the state. You cannot allow wealthy foreigners develope your state and at the same time, chase out the poor foreigners. It's either you want foreigners, or you don't! SIMPLE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What PDP Leaders Discussed In Enugu / APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside / Ugwuanyi Moves To Complete Enugu Int’l Conference Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.