Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,550 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Husband Smokes Weed - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Smokes Weed (19397 Views)

My Wife Smokes / My Husband Secretly Smokes.... / My Househelp Smokes Weed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 12, 2012
ziqqz:
hmm! ignoramus at work! you go fear when sh'it no wan stoop low to gutter. dat wud be an upgrade for you because na suckaway get you!
muhahhahahahahhhhaaaaaha
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Okijajuju1(m): 10:48am On Nov 12, 2012
ziqqz:
hmm! ignoramus at work! you go fear when sh'it no wan stoop low to gutter. dat wud be an upgrade for you because na suckaway get you!

GBAM!!!!

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by candieangel12(f): 10:48am On Nov 12, 2012
baddiguy:
OMG this is why Nigeria is dreadfully lacking intelligent debaters. It says "LEGAL RISKS" ooooo... and dat has NOTHING to do with health matters. In fact, your "research" supports health benefits of MaryJ.
Anywayz just pointing out so you don't continue contradicting yourself

LMAO Hahaha, I read through his link, and he is clearly contradicting himself with his link.

1 Like

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 12, 2012
Trust Nlders to turn a simple discussion into a pointless argument!

1 Like

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Okijajuju1(m): 10:50am On Nov 12, 2012
Ujujoan: Trust Nlders to turn a simple discussion into a pointless argument!

Huh!! How?! undecided
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Michky: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2012
jenny78: A friend came crying yesterday,she just discovered that the man she has been married to for five years smokes weed.When she confronted him, he said he only smokes it when he hangs out with his friends and said its no big deal since he does it once in a while.

My friend is very concerned because her hubby blows hot and cold most times and she is worried that this nasty habit of his may be the cause.
She has advised him to seek medical help but he said she is making mountain out of molehill.

She now wants to quit the marriage because she has not been happy and her latest discovery has convinced her more that the marriage is not worth it.

Do you think ,she has made the right decision?

Didn't she notice this before getting married in the first place? My advice would have been : stay in the marriage but on a second thought, i'll say try to make him change but if he doesn't, then get ready to quit. You'll only continue to keep yourself in harm's way if you remain there. What if he smokes it one day, becomes violent and kills her. What then? She'd lose.
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2012
Okija_juju:

Huh!! How?! undecided
pls ignore it. the only sense around it is the message on its profile photo.
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by ABsI1: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2012
SELFWORTH:

There are a lot of things the bible does not mention or call a sin but we all know that as children of God we should not do it. If you fear God, you will avoid anything that can contaminate your soul, mind and spirit including weed smoking. But I understand from a lot of postings here that its ok for a man to be smoking weed for all sorts of manmade reasons . Thank God , my friends and family don't fall into this ignorant category who believes such nonsense.
dunce- i never justified weed smoking. Between,it might not be good for some or all,but its not a sin to smoke weed.
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 12, 2012
Michky:

Didn't she notice this before getting married in the first place? My advice would have been : stay in the marriage but on a second thought, i'll say try to make him change but if he doesn't, then get ready to quit. You'll only continue to keep yourself in harm's way if you remain there. What if he smokes it one day, becomes violent and kills her. What then? She'd lose.
So weed will make him violent and then a killer?? mcheeeeeeww another sack of ignorance punctured again
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 12, 2012
emindu: I am not surprised that she does not know that most males smoke weed. Weed smoking is a norm among teenage and adult males these days and the number of smokers is increasing day by day, yet most Nigerians are ignorant of it. My advise to her is that she should reconsider staying in her marriage and keep praying to God to deliver her husband. If she decide to quit the marriage, well at her own detriment because the next man will be smoking something higher than weed... Cocaine,heroin,LSD,crack,meth, etc

Why exactly should God deliver her husband?

The hemp plant (scientific name: cannabis, slang:
marijuana) is one of the many useful herbs "yielding
seed after its kind" created and blessed by God on
the third day of creation, "and God saw that it was
good." (Genesis 1:12) He gave hemp for people to use
with our free will.God said, "Behold, I have given
you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face
of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And
God saw everything that he had made, and, behold,
it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-31)
The Bible predicts some herb's prohibition. "Now
the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter
times, some shall … speak lies in hypocrisy …
commanding to abstain from meats which God hath
created to be received with thanksgiving of them
which believe and know the truth. (Paul: 1 Timothy
4:1-3)The Bible speaks of a special plant. "I will
raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall
be no more consumed with hunger in the land,
neither bear the shame of the heathen any
more." (Ezekiel 34:29) A healing plant. On either
side of the river, was there the tree of life, which
bare 12 manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit
every month; and the leaves of the tree were for
the healing of the nations. (Revelations 22:1-2) A
gift from God.

There's no reasonable basis for you to claim a weed smoker will graduate to dangerous drugs. I've been smoking for a good time now and that has never been in the agenda AT ALL!!! .. I don't even touch cigarettes and alcohol consumption for me is very moderate.

Please try to be more logical.

1 Like

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Omen100(m): 10:55am On Nov 12, 2012
i was just passing by and saw the topic of discussion, hmm, let me use this opportunity to announce to fellow comrade that there is a private jet for sale and any interested buyer should please me via my username wink wink wink
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by maneagle(m): 10:58am On Nov 12, 2012
tchaik:

THANK YOU BRUV

#Puff and Pass
#Wake and Bake
wink

by picking d bush, by laffing any how grin
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2012
TouchDown:

Why exactly should God deliver her husband?

There's no reasonable basis for you to claim a weed smoker will graduate to dangerous drugs. I've been smoking for a good time now and that has never been in the agenda AT ALL!!! .. I don't even touch cigarettes and alcohol consumption for me is very moderate.

Please try to be more logical.
A major problem we have in this country is the abundance of self-righteous skinks we have everywhere who are quick to quote bible verses at the slightest urging, as if na only them dey go church.
I feel you though. I've been smoking weed for over a decade. I have NEVER tried any other drugs, and alcohol causes irritation to my skin, so it's so so for me. But I can attest that weed has helped me in studies that won me international awards. I have smoked weed together with army generals. I know medical doctors who went through medical school smoking weed and they are doing well today. There is just NO PROOF whatsoever that smoking weed is a precursor to "more dangerous drugs" or to even losing focus in life. Thank you
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by candieangel12(f): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Kobojunkie: 11:00am On Nov 12, 2012
baddiguy:
OMG this is why Nigeria is dreadfully lacking intelligent debaters. It says "LEGAL RISKS" ooooo... and dat has NOTHING to do with health matters. In fact, your "research" supports health benefits of MaryJ.
Anywayz just pointing out so you don't continue contradicting yourself

Please learn to follow conversations, making sure to have a good understanding of what is being said before you post next time. If you followed the discussion, you would have noted that this is not to say that marijuana is MORE DANGEROUS, but that it is NOT DEVOID of health risks of people as many of you claim.

The links that were posted NEVER stated that Marijuana DOES NOT cause any problems. They tell you it is not as damaging . . note the difference. In one you are told that the study was done on just the american populace(and so should not be assumed to apply to all). Also in the one I posted from January 2012, you are informed that the observations were made in those who lit up OCCASIONALLY . . how often is OCCASIONALLY? How many people lite up OCCASIONALLY? It does not tell you that, so I suggest you not then assume that you smoke you auto-magically get benefits.
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by TheGodmother(f): 11:01am On Nov 12, 2012
emerald1: Prayer dats d answer
Pray to who? Lucifer? Is marijuana not a God given plant?
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Okijajuju1(m): 11:01am On Nov 12, 2012
Omen100: i was just passing by and saw the topic of discussion, hmm, let me use this opportunity to announce to fellow comrade that there is a private jet for sale and any interested buyer should please me via my username wink wink wink

Why spend billions on a Jet, when you can get high and stay high for the price of less than 1 litre of fuel?! angry

2 Likes

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 12, 2012
Okija_juju:

Why spend billions on a Jet, when you can get high and stay high for the price of less than 1 litre of fuel?! angry

bwahahahhahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin walahi dis guy u no well lolz
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by sauceEEP(m): 11:05am On Nov 12, 2012
@ op they say if wanna kill a dog,u first give it a bad name. Maybe your friend has found herself a lover and she wants to use weed as an excuse to quit her marriage. If u ask me,its stupidity of the highest order. What happens to the vow that says for better for worse? Can we even classify smoking of weed as a worse trait? There are women who are facing serious challenges in their marriage but they've not considered the option of quitting. Smh....
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 12, 2012
As an aside, I think I like this family section. Politics has been thrown to the dogs.
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 12, 2012
I smoke Marijuana, and that doesn't make me a bad person, she's just being hysterical, yeah I understand the quitting aspect but divorce is overboard. She needs to relax.
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by lightheart(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2012
I think it should be the other way round. The husband should divorce the wife jare. How can you not know your hubby does the puffpuffpass?? Its hard to believe she wouldn't have noticed the change in moods, or the stained eye or the more relaxed love making? Haba!! Infact she must have [had] her sights somewhere else hence, the resolve to want to quit the marriage.

My verdict: oga shuld divorce madam and sue her for negligence!!!

grin

OR SHE'S PROLLY SCARED OF CONDITION GETTING TO THIS LEVEL. grin

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by candieangel12(f): 11:15am On Nov 12, 2012
I had a boyfriend some years back that smoked weed. He was a great guy, after a stressful week we would get high together on the weekends. Weed doesn't control a person unless the person allows him/herself to be controlled by it.

I don't mind getting a married to a guy that smokes weed, as long as he isn't an addict and lives a normal life. Now if the drug in question was heroine or cocaine, that is a no go area. The wife should be happy its just weed and not all these other hard drugs like heroine and cocaine.
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by jobaskia(m): 11:16am On Nov 12, 2012
why cry out now ? Definitely , her nosal cavity is not functioning properly for the past 5yearsa. There is no way one will not detect real time

The guy must be a super-hero kinda
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Okijajuju1(m): 11:16am On Nov 12, 2012
lightheart: I think it should be the other way round. The husband should divorce the wife jare. How can you not know your hubby does the puffpuffpass?? Its hard to believe she wouldn't have noticed the change in moods, or the stained eye or the more relaxed love making? Haba!! Infact she must have [had] her sights somewhere else hence, the resolve to want to quit the marriage.

My verdict: oga shuld divorce madam and sue her for negligence!!!

grin

OR SHE'S PROLLY SCARED OF CONDITION GETTING TO THIS LEVEL. grin

More relaxed love making?! undecided

That must be Kogi State weed.. Omo!! Weed sex na the type a dey cripple babe o!!

Why do you think she is smiling despite almost being crippled by her husband last night?!

Her husband..
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Kobojunkie: 11:21am On Nov 12, 2012
jobaskia: why cry out now ? Definitely , her nosal cavity is not functioning properly for the past 5yearsa. There is no way one will not detect real time

The guy must be a super-hero kinda

I don't know of any perfume/cologne in the world wey fit mask the stench. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy She definitely has nose problems if this is not the dude's first time.
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 12, 2012
Kobojunkie:

but that it is NOT DEVOID of health risks of people as many of you claim.

The links that were posted NEVER stated that Marijuana DOES NOT cause any problems. They tell you it is not as damaging . . note the difference. In one you are told that the study was done on just the american populace(and so should not be assumed to apply to all). Also in the one I posted from January 2012, you are informed that the observations were made in those who lit up OCCASIONALLY . . how often is OCCASIONALLY? How many people lite up OCCASIONALLY? It does not tell you that, so I suggest you not then assume that you smoke you auto-magically get benefits.

Thank you. The 2012 science direct article you posted (which contains the original source of information in the link Candieangel provided) does NOT say it makes the lungs stronger. It has been known for years that marijuana increases lung capacity very slightly after it is smoked. What's new in the study is that occasional long term use does not cause lung damage. The increase in lung capacity is not enough to be clinically significant i.e. you will not feel any physical benefit from this increase. Also, it notes that this increase in lung capacity does not continue over time, according to this study, it only seemed to hold true for up to seven years of once a day use. Beyond that time, there is a decline in the lung air flow. Over time, this same study suggests it may harm the lungs! Please read and comprehend:

At levels of marijuana exposure commonly seen in Americans, occasional marijuana use was associated with increases in lung air flow rates and increases in lung capacity," Kertesz says. "Those increases were not large, but they were statistically significant. And the data showed that even up to moderately high-use levels -- one joint a day for seven years -- there is no evidence of decreased air-flow rates or lung volumes."
Kertesz cautions that smoking marijuana is not an avenue to better lung health.
"It's not enough of an increase that would make you feel better," he says "Healthy adults can blow out 3 to 4 liters of air in one second. The amount of gain, on average, from marijuana is small, 50 ccs or roughly a fifth of a can of coke. So it's not something that would be noticeable."
Also, Kertesz says, the increase does not hold steadfast over time.
"The relationship changes for people who get to high levels of lifetime exposure," he says. "At that point, the data suggests there is a decline in lung air-flow rate. There also may be other damaging effects that don't manifest until extremely high levels of exposure; we did not have enough very heavy marijuana smokers in this study to determine this."

By the way, this does not exclude all the other negative and sometimes dangerous or fatal effects marijuana can have. Even from this article here are some:

Marijuana is still an illegal drug, and it has many complicated effects on the human body and its function," he says. "In our findings we see hints of harm in pulmonary function with heavy use, and other studies have shown that marijuana use increases a user's likelihood of a heart attack, according to the American Heart Association, and impairs the immune system's ability to fight disease, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

And there are many more..... So by all means, make your choice to smoke weed, but don't go around prescribing a one size fits all, globally beneficial, approach to marijuana use to justify your drug using, thrill seeking lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by lightheart(m): 11:29am On Nov 12, 2012
@OkijaJuju, dat one na wen u don gbokashia d brain oo.

candieangel12: I had a boyfriend some years back that smoked weed. He was a great guy, after a stressful week we would get high together on the weekends. Weed doesn't control a person unless the person allows him/herself to be controlled by it.

I don't mind getting a married to a guy that smokes weed, as long as he isn't an addict and lives a normal life. ...

Chaii!!! Nne, come and marry me na. I'll do the proposing and u do d marrying. Likewise odawise. wink
Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 12, 2012
At OP, I can understand her disgust at discovering that her hubby smokes weed. I would get the severe heebie jeebies too if I discovered my husband indulged in such a habit. I don't think divorce is necessarily the way to go but if it were my hubby, some serious change would need to take place.

1 Like

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Okijajuju1(m): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2012
candieangel12: I had a boyfriend some years back that smoked weed. He was a great guy, after a stressful week we would get high together on the weekends. Weed doesn't control a person unless the person allows him/herself to be controlled by it.

I don't mind getting a married to a guy that smokes weed, as long as he isn't an addict and lives a normal life. Now if the drug in question was heroine or cocaine, that is a no go area. The wife should be happy its just weed and not all these other hard drugs like heroine and cocaine.

Weed is not addictive...

1 Like

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Okijajuju1(m): 11:35am On Nov 12, 2012
ileobatojo: At OP, I can understand her disgust at discovering that her hubby smokes weed. I would get the severe heebie jeebies too if I discovered my husband indulged in such a habit. I don't think divorce is necessarily the way to go but if it were my hubby, some serious change would need to take place.

And if I were your husband.. You either get with the program or bounce.. angry

3 Likes

Re: Husband Smokes Weed by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 12, 2012
Okija_juju:

And if I were your husband.. You either get with the program or bounce.. angry
Right on!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Many Kids Would You Like To Have And Why? / Poverty Made Me Faithful To My Wife - Ghanaian Man To CNN Journalist, Amanpour / Increasing Suicide — Be Careful What Your Children Consume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.