Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Something Really Crazy Happened To Me - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Something Really Crazy Happened To Me (14533 Views)

Photo: Someone Said This Happened To A Gay (graphic Image) / Really Crazy / Hilarious Story : Read What happened to Guy who Married Because Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by ngmart(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2012
I advise you to accept this offer with open hands or else....
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by lat4real: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2012
if this story is true, then the guy is likely to be UGLY....
#justmyopinion
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by hadayshawlar(f): 9:19am On Nov 13, 2012
[]I once read a book dat said our conscience is God's voice. If ur heart is not wit him, it may be for a reason so follow ur heart.
On d oda hand I am in a relationship wit someone I tot I could NEVER like but right now I LOVE him like I av neva loved before. So I think u should try nd see him in a position oda dan dat of a friend, if it works, FINE. If it dosen't no LOSS.
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by geosegun(m): 9:29am On Nov 13, 2012
@poster:

OK, I get it now, U want to get married to your worst enemy, right!!! cry cry cry
Good God, what is wrong with ladies of this days.

U better stop wasting your time and agree to his proposal cool. What are you looking for again, enemies?.
I am thinking you are afraid of loosing a good friend if the relationship doesn't work out.
Give it a try before you start regretting. Do not give your delicious lunch to the dogs.

After sometime you will come back to NL and start writting loads of regrets 'cos u refused to marry the person that cared for you.
Open your eyes, poster and stop day-dreaming. Both of you are avilable (relationship wise) for a reason.

If u are in a relationship, then its a different ball game.

Goodluck ladie
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by lat4real: 9:36am On Nov 13, 2012
all i saw here was someone wanted to justify herself as not being materialistic
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by AlterEgoTM: 10:08am On Nov 13, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Cut who to size? U don't Gerrit and I doubt u'll ever get it. Trading words wiv registered imbec..ile..s makes d sane look deranged. Gerrit now? Tot so! Yea u! now put d U in STF and stay mute till I decide to press play.
hahahaha... Abegi nor turn table jor and please don't make this about me cos nor be me say make you go be to pesin wey go mince-meat you. grin
Don't derail the thread any further and please don't quote me back, you are better off smarting from the humiliation that lad made you suffer abirun grin grin grin
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by juleze(f): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Even if I was 40 and not married, I'd still not act deseperate.
There's more to life than money. And marriage is definitely not about money. At least, for me.
I prefer to adopt a baby and be a single mum than feel disgusted by the man who wants to sleep with me.
That's another topic.

When I read this post, I couldn't help making a loud exclamation of "e don reach this level"
Babes, I've worn similar "shoes" before and it wasn't palatable.
As much as I strongly believe it's perfect to marry your closest friend, who you can share anything with, and is not liable to hurting you intentionally, attraction matters.
I also couldn't imagine hugging him and getting intimate when married. I tried, and could haVe even ignored the reason I gave him (spiritual compatibility), because since leaving my ex almost a decade ago, he was the only one that ran a chance of being as ideal for me as my ex was-easy to talk with, considerate, focused, confident, morally sound. But, I couldn't.

My advice- trying beats not trying. Try to see him in the light of being married to him. Give yourself time, and work up some emotions, if you can't, then forget it.
About the gifts, it would be rude to reject them. He's still your friend. You can offer to help him screen ladies to know the one that would be a suitable wife to him, as this would reinforce your unwillingness to be with him.

Wish you the best...but nothing would make me more glad, in this case, than to see 2 best friends get wedded.
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by Idowuogbo(f): 10:23am On Nov 13, 2012
AlterEgo™:
hahahaha... Abegi nor turn table jor and please don't make this about me cos nor be me say make you go be to pesin wey go mince-meat you. grin
Don't derail the thread any further and please don't quote me back, you are better off smarting from the humiliation that lad made you suffer abirun grin grin grin
Humiliation? Den u finish it off by calling ur entire generation abirun? Kai! Ur folks have definitely suffered.poor u! cry
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by maclatunji: 10:53am On Nov 13, 2012
DailyNews: I wonder dear...she asked for opinions and she got them and she is getting all irritated at what she asked for y? Plz op dnt expect glossy counsels from all. Now let me warn you, if this is an attempt to hype some product for some e-buyers, hmmm, u better watch it.

My last review of this story:

There has been a lot of threads condemning Nigerian girls for being materialistic and after gifts and money guys offer to them, these threads are too many, which had been used to educate the Nigerian girls, and in response to these threads, in an attempt to let the Nigerian guys on nland complaining of Nigerian girls being materialistic know that there are still some few good Nigerian girls who aren't after material things and money, a female member has responded by starting a thread to tell the male folks that she is not amongst those Nigerian girls that crave for material things and die for rich guys, reason the poster mentioned that her friend in question comes from a rich family and has taken over his parents company, this is a hype for some yet to be uncovered reasons

If this story is real, how does the poster know that this presumed friend of her doesn't visit nland to come openly online to disgrace and talk down on him for buying her a presumed gift, what crime did the presumed friend committed I ask again and again

Who are you trying to hype this product for on nairaland? Pls and pls be very cautious, the presumed saints you meet online that you are trying to hype yourself for may not be saints. Ladies pls be cautious of internet, cos I can sense most Nigerian ladies now throw themselves easily to e-guys while forming queen of sheba for the guys they know in real life. Be warned, what people act online may not really be who they are, do not ignore your real life friends, they supersede all these e-buddies that's making most ladies go gaga to be coming online daily to tell stories of how they turned down one rich guy and how they turned down Dbanjs marriage proposal. Plz dnt get upset, this advice is for op and every other person reading this. Goodmorning all smiley

Lol
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 13, 2012
atbu1983: i am a guy. It is always difficult for a lady to ask a guy out and get the guy. Only 2 out of 10 will succeed. This case is diiferent. Dis is a guy asking a girl out. Nature of both sexes has made it possible for a guy to win a girl's heart if he work hard for it. I can tell u 7 out of 10 cases d women ends up falling in love with d guys. Guys shd stop bring ing thier experience of how they rejected a female friend advances here.

you're right...you made good points....NOTED
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by maclatunji: 11:08am On Nov 13, 2012
methodman: Well...the only advice i will give you is to follow your heart. In as much as i understand you i still believe u need to at least give it a trial. There is no harm in that.

And for the lucky dude, what i have learned in life is that giving someone all our love and affection isnt an assurance that the person will love back . We shudnt expect love in return. We need to wait for it to grow in their hearts but if it doesnt at least you shud be CONTENTED it grew in ours..

I guess its time for him to let go.

Interesting thought.
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by blaise26abj(m): 11:14am On Nov 13, 2012
juleze:

When I read this post, I couldn't help making a loud exclamation of "e don reach this level"
As much as I strongly believe it's perfect to marry your closest friend, who you can share anything with, and is not liable to hurting you intentionally, attraction matters.
I also couldn't imagine hugging him and getting intimate when married. I tried, and could haVe even ignored the reason I gave him (spiritual compatibility), because since leaving my ex almost a decade ago, he was the only one that ran a chance of being as ideal for me as my ex was-easy to talk with, considerate, focused, confident, morally sound. But, I couldn't.

My advice- trying beats not trying. Try to see him in the light of being married to him. Give yourself time, and work up some emotions, if you can't, then forget it.
About the gifts, it would be rude to reject them. He's still your friend. You can offer to help him screen ladies to know the one that would be a suitable wife to him, as this would reinforce your unwillingness to be with him.

GBAM# Stay friends and try to see him in a different (lover) light. If it doesn't work out then tell him. Atleast you tried.

Wish you the best...but nothing would make me more glad, in this case, than to see 2 best friends get wedded.
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by blaise26abj(m): 11:14am On Nov 13, 2012
juleze:

GBAM# Stay friends and try to see him in a different (lover) light. If it doesn't work out then tell him. Atleast you tried.

Wish you the best...but nothing would make me more glad, in this case, than to see 2 best friends get wedded

1 Like

Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by AlterEgoTM: 11:45am On Nov 13, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Humiliation? Den u finish it off by calling ur entire generation abirun? Kai! Ur folks have definitely suffered.poor u! cry
oh Gawd! angry I said you should not quote me back abirun. tongue
hehehehehe e pepper you reach dis Pele tie o undecided
Mods please hold this abirun here o, 'it' is hellbent on derailing this thread. cheesy
Abirun on the loose grin
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by mezdim: 11:49am On Nov 13, 2012
Hi gal,my candid advise is, opportunity comes but once.if you are not in any r/ship or a serious relationship,your husby has shown up with no stress from your side,but if it slips away,you may not find the best.make hays while the sun shine.Women don't just shrink with age. They shrink EVERY DAY.
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by Idowuogbo(f): 11:53am On Nov 13, 2012
AlterEgo™:
oh Gawd! angry I said you should not quote me back abirun. tongue
hehehehehe e pepper you reach dis Pele tie o undecided
Mods please hold this abirun here o, 'it' is hellbent on derailing this thread. cheesy
Abirun on the loose grin
Is dat all u bastardious lab specimen could come up wiv? Disappointed! Try harder!
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by yemorinho(m): 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2012
D way u sound, tiz lyk u neva evn liked dz guy, i mean... lyk u hate him. Ladies can b so complicated and vat annoys me. They often gv d impression vat d best persn 2 date iz ur frnd, and wen u exercise d patience of bein friends they take u for a fool and d dullin type. It's obvious u op are jest suited 2 datin som stranger hu wuld kip smashin ur hrt. Nxt jor!!!
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by AlterEgoTM: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Is dat all u bastardious lab specimen could come up wiv? Disappointed! Try harder!
haha lmfao grin
No need to get emotional abirun, it's just banters.
Why are you making this sound like contest Gives your battered ego boosts
Please enough derailment abirun, I've had enough of your prating.
When the other lad comes around he will duly put you in your place and definitely get you to shut up. lipsrsealed
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by Idowuogbo(f): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
AlterEgo™:
haha lmfao grin
No need to get emotional abirun, it's just banters.
Why are you making this sound like contest Gives your battered ego boosts
Please enough derailment abirun, I've had enough of your prating.
When the other lad comes around he duly put you in your place and definitely get you to shut up. lipsrsealed
U done? undecided

Wuss!
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by dapachez: 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2012
You have already made up your mind,then why bother about other people's view bringing it up for discourse? Its either you just want to have fun with the comments or you are confused. If there is something I have learnt in life ,its if a man doesn't have a woman's heart he should forget about her,don't stay with anyone out of obligation or pity and finally if someone wants you to be part of their life you don't have to fight to be there.You may love the wrong person, cry for the wrong reason. But one thing is sure: Mistakes help us to find the right person. Some dreams can NEVER be shattered. Wish you best of luck in your quest and I pray God guides you in the right direction amen

1 Like

Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
Idowuogbo:
U done? undecided

Wuss!

Leave the goat, let him rant on and on
You know, some people actually fantasize having an e-fight...No need to make his dreams come through
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by ciphoenix: 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
my inference.
The Poster and the guy has known each other since teenage. But they haven't been best of friends since teenage. there's b difference. What i see here is misrepresentation of facts.
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by Idowuogbo(f): 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2012
flanrey:

You know, some people actually fantasize having an e-fight...No need to make his dreams come through
Ok uncle! embarassed embarassed
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by claremont(m): 12:59pm On Nov 13, 2012
DailyNews: I wonder dear...she asked for opinions and she got them and she is getting all irritated at what she asked for y? Plz op dnt expect glossy counsels from all. Now let me warn you, if this is an attempt to hype some product for some e-buyers, hmmm, u better watch it.

My last review of this story:

There has been a lot of threads condemning Nigerian girls for being materialistic and after gifts and money guys offer to them, these threads are too many, which had been used to educate the Nigerian girls, and in response to these threads, in an attempt to let the Nigerian guys on nland complaining of Nigerian girls being materialistic know that there are still some few good Nigerian girls who aren't after material things and money, a female member has responded by starting a thread to tell the male folks that she is not amongst those Nigerian girls that crave for material things and die for rich guys, reason the poster mentioned that her friend in question comes from a rich family and has taken over his parents company, this is a hype for some yet to be uncovered reasons

If this story is real, how does the poster know that this presumed friend of her doesn't visit nland to come openly online to disgrace and talk down on him for buying her a presumed gift, what crime did the presumed friend committed I ask again and again

Who are you trying to hype this product for on nairaland? Pls and pls be very cautious, the presumed saints you meet online that you are trying to hype yourself for may not be saints. Ladies pls be cautious of internet, cos I can sense most Nigerian ladies now throw themselves easily to e-guys while forming queen of sheba for the guys they know in real life. Be warned, what people act online may not really be who they are, do not ignore your real life friends, they supersede all these e-buddies that's making most ladies go gaga to be coming online daily to tell stories of how they turned down one rich guy and how they turned down Dbanjs marriage proposal. Plz dnt get upset, this advice is for op and every other person reading this. Goodmorning all smiley
You are assuming that the OP is Nigerian, you may be wrong..
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
freecocoa: For once I'm seeing things the same way with you.
Weird.undecided

Maybe becos I dnt write to impress or please anyone, and probably you happened to be in good state of mind today who knows
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
claremont:
You are assuming that the OP is Nigerian, you may be wrong..

If everyone can read the original post thoughtfully and cautiously, believe me, you will uncover some secrets to this tale.

Who keeps an enemy as a long time friend? From the picture the op painted of this virtual friend, she doesn't like him, and I wonder why keep the friendship.

Try and read the undertone...this thread believe me is an attempt to exonerate the op from the generalized accusations of today girls being materialistic and money-conscious.

Now, let me point out some critical questions the op and everyone needs to answer.

1. why tell us that the guy's parents are rich and that the guy just took over his father's company?

some underlying reasons: to tell nairaland guys that there are still few girls who don't care about how much a guy has, and that she is one of such rare girls, and she also went further to make that clear in her subsequent post, so that I think was the reason why she told us the financial personality of the guy she is turning down.

2. op talked about she and the virtual friend going on shopping, etc, what do people do when they go on shopping? dance and smile around the show glasses?
so why is she surprised that he now decided to buy her some gifts? can two people go to shopping without buying some things? and someone amongst them must have paid, and we all know who the regular payers are...lol

3. I can't date him, he can't have me, why then did op came online to seek for opinions after making her mind up- to mock us, to hype herself for some gullible-minded guys to rush after her or what

4. A friend bought you gifts, is that enough reason to SCREAM: something really crazy happened to me lets be factual and honest to ourselves plz

more...more......

5 Likes

Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by AlterEgoTM: 1:59pm On Nov 13, 2012
Idowuogbo:
U done? undecided

Wuss!
tongue grin
flanrey:

Yet anoda abirun. I'm pretty sure you have her saggy títs shoved down your throat. Bootlicker.
Ciao! cool
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2012
Let me answer to some questions and accusations, EVEN THOUGH the answers are ALREADY in my INITIAL POST!

1. I didn't ask if I should start a relationship with him or marry him! And I didn't seek advice.
2. My first question was: Can you imagine that a guy wants to spend on a lady without expecting anything in return? Just curious.
3. My second questions was: Would you ladies accept the gifts if you were in my posisition?

What's wrong with these questions? I JUST wanted to see how people think about it.

4. Yes, he's a very good friend but he's not my best friend. And just because we went out and did different thing together, doesn't mean that he paid for me BECAUSE he didn't. Did I ever say I don'T have my own money or that I come from a poor family? NO! So stop making wrong conclusions.

5. Have you ever considered that ALTHOUGH we get on well as friends he STILL could have some flaws that make him not acceptable as a future husband? No, many of you haven't. Just because you were blinded by the fact that he has got money. Ok, some of you said that marriage based on friendship is a solid foundation. I agree. BUT why don't you consider that it MIGHT BE THAT knowing him SO WELL is what makes him unaccepable as a future husband. There are things that you can accept in a friend but not in a husband. Whatever that may be is not your business.

SO ONCE AGAIN: I'm not seeking advice if I should marry him or not. Yes, I've made up my mind. I asked if you can imagine that a person can be so altruistic / selfless as to spend on someone without expecting anything in return (that is the crazy part about it, at least for me) and if the females here would take this opportunity without returning anything to him. Is it so difficult to understand? I have said it over and over again.

Call me a liar, fooloish, lesbo, whatever you want. Those of you who do it have an extremely simplistic view and seem to NOT be able to read carefully. That's your problem, not mine. Think before you talk. Stop making wrong conclusions by reading too much into what I have said and by omitting important information.

Those of you, who answered politely, thank you very much.

PEACE

1 Like

Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by AlterEgoTM: 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2012
carefreewannabe: Let me answer to some questions
and accusations, EVEN THOUGH the
answers are ALREADY in my
INITIAL POST!
PEACE
Ogbeni yiwo eh sohun jo, park well. undecided
You've been found out by DailyNews, so spare us the verbiage! undecided
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2012
AlterEgo™:

Ogbeni yiwo eh sohun jo, park well. undecided
You've been found out by DailyNews, so spare us the verbiage! undecided

Why are you still reading? Why bother?

Bye bye
Re: Something Really Crazy Happened To Me by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
Why are you still reading? Why bother?

Bye bye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Real Meaning Of Bae / Xvideos Has Been Blocked By Glo Network (photo) / I Conquered Rape Yesterday..i Was Almost Framed(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.