Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,289 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? (34855 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Lands In Maiduguri For A 2-day Working Visit.. See Photos / Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Man Beaten ‘blue-black’ For Wearing APC Cap In Nyesom Wike’s Home Town - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 24, 2012
RELIGION HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE BIGGEST PURVEYOR OF VIOLENCE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. THIS INCLUDES CHRISTIANITY, ISLAM, AND ALL OTHERS. ALL WERE INVENTED FOR ONE PURPOSE...TO INDOCTRINATE AND CREATE DIVISION AMONGST OURSELVES. EMBRACE SPIRITUALITY!

1 Like

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by confusion247(m): 1:11am On Nov 24, 2012
Ezeufi: Im luvin it, grin grin grin having a dialogue with people with no knowledge grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Too bad that you have all the knowledge but you don't know that it is morally wrong to take someone's life. Just answer all the questions put to you to showcase your knowledge.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Sweetnecta: 1:18am On Nov 24, 2012
@self worth;
by SELFWORTH: 12:37am
Should Allah be recommending that his followers kill innocent people at all and take lives they did not bestow?
if you read my statement of opinion, there is no place i suggest that Allah allows killing of innocent people. your asking me here is pointless. even disobedience is allowed till appointed time. people may even repent before the end of their lives. Allah does not have followers, only prophets do. Allah has worshipers and I am one of them. But all are Hid creations and slaves.

Who could forget all the innocent people killed in 9/11 in the name of this same Allah....
muslims died in WTC. i remember many muslim establishments on the concourse. there were bangladeshis, pakistanis, indians and others who were muslims and perished in the towers. i know the places well. Allah does not ask anyone to kill anyone and kill yourself while at it. Suicide is not allowed. genocidal, murder of individual or people or group is not allowed. Plane is not a weapon. so are suicide belts. Allah does not allow suicide or killing squad like boko haram, taliban, alqaida and others.

1 Like

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Ezeufi: 1:21am On Nov 24, 2012
confusion247:
How come yoruba muslems doesn't kill in the name of Islam? Is hausa muslems born to kill?

Thats like me asking you how come lebanese christians do not invade Iraq, while americans do.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by olapluto(m): 1:25am On Nov 24, 2012
Nigerian youths are intelligent. But the ones commenting on this story are disappointing. So some killers went from house to house at night, killing ladies wearing mini skirts. Who wears mini skirt at night?
Having said all that, the people who come here to bash Islam pathetically distort their own judgement. It fruitless trying to argue anything.
I feel there is a new wave of Islamophobia on the internet in Nigeria, with this dodgy Vanguard story and the response accompanying it. It is pathetic, and I will refrain from commenting on such threads henceforth. If you believe Islam is violent, and all, its your burden. Muslims do not need to prove to anyone. Internet is enough to inform people who want the truth.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by confusion247(m): 1:32am On Nov 24, 2012
Ezeufi:

Thats like me asking you how come lebanese christians do not invade Iraq, while americans do.
Invasion of Iraq is a war not a terrorists attack. And it wasn't a Christian war against Iraq or Islam. Remember Pope as the leader of Christians as you said earlier never instructed USA to invade Iraq. Just help us and give us the reason why boko haram is killing innocent Nigerians.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Ezeufi: 1:36am On Nov 24, 2012
ola_pluto: Nigerian youths are intelligent. But the ones commenting on this story are disappointing. So some killers went from house to house at night, killing ladies wearing mini skirts. Who wears mini skirt at night?
Having said all that, the people who come here to bash Islam pathetically distort their own judgement. It fruitless trying to argue anything.
I feel there is a new wave of Islamophobia on the internet in Nigeria, with this dodgy Vanguard story and the response accompanying it. It is pathetic, and I will refrain from commenting on such threads henceforth. If you believe Islam is violent, and all, its your burden. Muslims do not need to prove to anyone. Internet is enough to inform people who want the truth.

The islamophobia is perpetuated by those who have stopped to think and expect america think for them. I was not old enough to remember when Nelson Mandela was labelled a terrorist but I have read books and saw videos where Ronald Reagan and margrath Thatcher declared him a terrorist.

As an african, that was a lesson to me. If you are willing to let them devour you, then you are good. If you refuse to bend over to them, they label you a terrorist. And NATO aspirant brigade of Nigerians have fallen for the cheap trap fair and square. And if you refuse to be one of them, they Nigerian NATO brigade call you brainwashed grin grin grin grin grin

My advice to you is: Think carefully when using words that do not exist in your vernacular

2 Likes

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Ezeufi: 1:37am On Nov 24, 2012
confusion247:
Invasion of Iraq is a war not a terrorists attack. And it wasn't a Christian war against Iraq or Islam. Remember Pope as the leader of Christians as you said earlier never instructed USA to invade Iraq. Just help us and give us the reason why boko haram is killing innocent Nigerians.

Ever heard of the phrase "Good cop and bad cop"? grin grin grin
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by confusion247(m): 1:38am On Nov 24, 2012
ola_pluto: Nigerian youths are intelligent. But the ones commenting on this story are disappointing. So some killers went from house to house at night, killing ladies wearing mini skirts. Who wears mini skirt at night?
If you are a yoruba muslem, you are a true muslem and a good representative of peaceful Islam. If you keep quite on the evil going on in northern Nigeria in the name of Islam then you are worst than boko haram. Yesterday four people died and a church burned because someone pronounced a word wrongly and the meaning was labeled as blasphemy. Please call evil evil no matter who is involved.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by elopee3000(m): 1:41am On Nov 24, 2012
i wish naija delta people will just take back thier oil let the igbos and other lazy tribes struggle it out ,lets see who will win on a fair play,boko my ass
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by odehaj: 1:45am On Nov 24, 2012
I won't even comment again!
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by confusion247(m): 1:48am On Nov 24, 2012
Sweetnecta: @self worth; if you read my statement of opinion, there is no place i suggest that Allah allows killing of innocent people. your asking me here is pointless. even disobedience is allowed till appointed time. people may even repent before the end of their lives. Allah does not have followers, only prophets do. Allah has worshipers and I am one of them. But all are Hid creations and slaves.

muslims died in WTC. i remember many muslim establishments on the concourse. there were bangladeshis, pakistanis, indians and others who were muslims and perished in the towers. i know the places well. Allah does not ask anyone to kill anyone and kill yourself while at it. Suicide is not allowed. genocidal, murder of individual or people or group is not allowed. Plane is not a weapon. so are suicide belts. Allah does not allow suicide or killing squad like boko haram, taliban, alqaida and others.
Thanks for saying the truth and showing compassion and regards for sanctity of human life. Not those who are here looking for an excuse to justify an evil act just to protect their religion. May Allah continue to bless you.

1 Like

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by olapluto(m): 1:48am On Nov 24, 2012
confusion247:
If you are a yoruba muslem, you are a true muslem and a good representative of peaceful Islam. If you keep quite on the evil going on in northern Nigeria in the name of Islam then you are worst than boko haram. Yesterday four people died and a church burned because someone pronounced a word wrongly and the meaning was labeled as blasphemy. Please call evil evil no matter who is involved.
What is evil is the insults to Islam I see on this thread and others on Nairaland. As you have labelled me 'Yoruba Muslim', I will tell you that the Igbo Christian fanatics on Nairaland are getting more and more pathetic. They are mostly literary challenged but can type a few words of insult. They do not think properly and are easily deluded. Terror is appalling. Islam is against it. I have said this time without number on this forum. The Quran forbids killing. Most ignorant ones on this website chose not to look at that. They are quick to type without thinking. Muslims are killed by Boko haram, but it is Islam that is blamed for it.
Racism and Islamophobia on Nairaland is getting pathetic. Grandstanding by christians here is sickening. I will adopt a siddon-look approach henceforth.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by greatgod2012(f): 1:51am On Nov 24, 2012
im not a muslim o but im sure their holy book cannot instruct them to be perpetrating all these wickedness, they are just wicked on their own, nobody can fight for God and nobody can defend God, this is why i know dt God will soon intervene in dis boko haram wickedness and deliver us.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by intrepid: 2:00am On Nov 24, 2012
goddyjay:

IT'S NOT THE RELIGION BUT THE IGNORANCE OF THE PEOPLE IN THE RELIGION
but it seems the religion makes them ignorant
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 24, 2012
lol is this news! most ppl underestimate northern nigeria extremist,just last night thanksgiving i was discussing with this nigerian that what happens in mali will happen soon cos there is no different with those eediot with those in mali. he was looking at me in such a way as if im a tribalist or i hate ppl there. I told him i still remember around early 2000s my first time to see death ppl filled in a truck from north to onitsha because mohammed mocked somewhere in europe.
I dont think there is any hope for nigeria, terrible things more bitter than this are yet to happen. its a fact! thats what you get when there is measurity of muslim in a country, go
figure! we just have to live with it. I dont really care that much, few yrs from now i will be getting my citizen here. Im only worried about my immediate family. tho they live far away but who knows?
may their soul rest in peace of the real God. not the god of r...aperer, jigadist! child molestor!!
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by BetaThings: 2:07am On Nov 24, 2012
otele:

and they have no support from xtians unlike the tacit support boko haram gets from many muslims up north

Where is the proof that Muslims in the North support BH?
Does this story really make sense to you? If you (a man) goes to the room of a woman at 1am, what will she be wearing? A nightie? Pants? Nothing if she is with her husband? or She might even be in the nu.de in the bathroom?
Would anyone kill a woman who is taking her bath at night? or coming from the bathroom with only a wrapper round her body or in the nu.de with her husband or asleep in a nightie in her room? Let us think about it!
So invading a woman's privacy is a sin in itself because it can lead to other sins. The killers cannot say they are killing because a woman is nake in her own home, let alone wearing a mini skirt
Muslim women wear anything (mini, maxi, medium, spagetti or indolmie) that will make them attractive to their husbands in their own homes. It is recommended for the women to do so

Regarding Iraq, read this

http://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/jesus-killed-mohammed/

If you can deny a conscious christian why should muslims not be able to deny criminals
Some muslims lost their lives in 9/11 yet their families still have to "apologise" to non-direct victims for the actions of criminals who took the lives of their loved ones

2 Likes

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by BetaThings: 2:11am On Nov 24, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Please ignore him. Just like the others before him,they have all been brainwashed . Don't waste anymore time on the Zombie.
Why do I sit with Christians in class or at work and we are basically similar in ability, work rate etc
But suddenly on Nairaland, I am ignorant, brainwashed etc while Christians are super intelligent and immune to brainwashing?

2 Likes

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by BetaThings: 2:14am On Nov 24, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Another one. Sounding like a dictator. They can't deal with others having an opinion. That Him you refer to will surely defend Himself in your life before the end of the year. Unlike Allah, he doesn't need anyone to carry arms for Him. He will reveal His power to You.

What is the opinion? That this story makes sense? By all means criticise Islam. But the idea of people invading peoples homes and killing them for wearing whatever is strange. You cannot fasten it onto Islam
Islam allows people to be naked in their own homes!

1 Like

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by ohuegbeair(m): 2:20am On Nov 24, 2012
wow cry
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by koruji(m): 2:25am On Nov 24, 2012
How does this relate to the fact that completely innocent people were hacked down for doing absolutely "nothing"?

Many of the things people did in the name of religion in Bible times are unacceptable today and most Christians and followers of Judaism recognize that.
The problem for followers of Islam is that "every single letter" of the Quran is considered sanctified - not to be spoken against.
Hence many will come here saying that no true muslim will carry out such evil acts, as if this is not being done on a global basis by those who claim to be muslims.
Yet, these people will never quote a verse of the Quran with which they disagree - even though many are glaringly in the same category as those in the Bible.
Well, I guess that is for good reason anyway - they are scared of people among them, like those who committed this crime.

[size=14pt]Stop confusing injustice with religious idiocy, barbarism and down-right stupidity.[/size]
Let's stop this attitude of "they are doing it so why are we condemned for it".
Ezeufi:

The islamophobia is perpetuated by those who have stopped to think and expect america think for them. I was not old enough to remember when Nelson Mandela was labelled a terrorist but I have read books and saw videos where Ronald Reagan and margrath Thatcher declared him a terrorist.

As an african, that was a lesson to me. If you are willing to let them devour you, then you are good. If you refuse to bend over to them, they label you a terrorist. And NATO aspirant brigade of Nigerians have fallen for the cheap trap fair and square. And if you refuse to be one of them, they Nigerian NATO brigade call you brainwashed grin grin grin grin grin

My advice to you is: Think carefully when using words that do not exist in your vernacular

1 Like

Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by odehaj: 2:27am On Nov 24, 2012
odehaj: I won't even comment again!
You may ask why??Yes,because some Muslim apologists would hide my comments.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by ba7man(m): 2:29am On Nov 24, 2012
Ezeufi: Im luvin it, grin grin grin having a dialogue with people with no knowledge grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The only thing worse than having a problem is not realizing one has a problem in the first place. Ignorance is bliss.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Deeola1(f): 2:56am On Nov 24, 2012
Too bad
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by StarFlux: 2:56am On Nov 24, 2012
This is so sad sad Hard to believe that people would do such things.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by code0: 3:09am On Nov 24, 2012
This story can never be true. I don't believe it.
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by tonyicez: 3:12am On Nov 24, 2012
[quote author=Pringozie02]And what do our government and president have to say about this all?[/quote

We are workin on the logistic
Re: 20 Ladies Killed In Maiduguri For Wearing Mini-Skirts & Trousers? by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 24, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"The Economist" Accuses Buhari Of Worsening Nigeria's Economy / Shirsha Adi Dies At 61 (Photo) / Mediatakeout Wrote This About Oshiomhole & His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.