Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Class Discrimination: When Will It End? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Class Discrimination: When Will It End? (11243 Views)

Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria / Having Nigerian Husbands Exposes Us To Daily Discrimination – Wives - / Transgender 6years OLD Wins Discrimination Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 6:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
DailyNews: Jide that's not a honourable response pls...in as much as I agree with the fact that life works like the op explained, we can't be ignorant enough not to say its wrong even though we desire our kids to be with d best partners for future security.

Op, forget the idea of marrying a rich girl, work, pray and have the strong faith that u will be rich someday n believe me u will ok? U don't really need a girl from a rich family to become rich- Jonathan didn't married from a rich family, most ppl I know who are grt n wealthy didn't, so take it off from ur mind n work hard. God will bless you, and may He remember u cos grace is all you need to make it in life. Goodluck

Thankx Mister but mind you i'm very ok with my standard of living and nobody can underrate me wherever i go coz i dress to kill... its just a thought i think we should all ponder on here on NL and hear peoples opinion.... One Love
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 6:21pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

it begs the question: why spend money tuning him/her when you can get the ready-made version?

Its all join but being poor today doesn't mean yu not gonna make it tomorow...... That's just another way to clear our society as a whole of being poor and some people not to die in penury....... sad
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:
i don't blame any rich man shielding his kids from some certain class of people. they worked hard to become rich.....the poor folks should do the same as well.

I hope you don't truly believe this false generalization.
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yusfull:

Thankx Mister but mind you i'm very ok with my standard of living and nobody can underrate me wherever i go coz i dress to kill... its just a thought i think we should all ponder on here on NL and hear peoples opinion.... One Love
oh that's nice to hear. you're welcome...wishing u more successsmiley

1 Like

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
DailyNews: oh that's nice to hear. you're welcome...wishing u more successsmiley

Thankx bro wish you d same....... cool

1 Like

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
ileobatojo:

Why do you think it's false?
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by coogar: 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2012
ileobatojo:

what's the generalization? how do people become rich?

Yusfull:

Its all join but being poor today doesn't mean yu not gonna make it tomorow..... That's just another way to clear our society as a whole of being poor and some people not to die in penury....... sad

then come n seek my daughter after you make it! grin
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

Wait, please can you fully commit to the statement that poor people are only poor because they don't work hard and rich people are only rich because they do? I want to make sure we are clear that's what you are saying so that when I fully debunk it, you will gladly accept the embarrassment. I don't want any flip-flopping on your position after your bs has been exposed.

1 Like

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2012
Its has been human nature to look for a way to discriminate or degrade other, it give some an opportunity to feel better about themselves, while some people exhibit it unintentionally because its a thing that is in them. It has being existing for a long period of time and has graduated to different class

If its not racism, then its tribalism

If its not tribalism, then its nepotism

if its not nepotism, them its egotism

if its not egotism, then sexism/gender-ism

If its not Sexism, them it boils down to social status and classes of personal wealth

Apart from the issues of the rich marrying the rich, how about the dwarfs, Handicap, paralyzed not marrying? most of them remain single till they die, only the rich and ''lucky'' one's get married to an average person that is physically fit.

2 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 7:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

then come n seek my daughter after you make it! grin

I'm rich already bro.... How old is your daughter then maybe we can work out somfin.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by coogar: 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
ileobatojo:

Wait, please can you fully commit to the statement that poor people are only poor because they don't work hard and rich people are only rich because they do? I want to make sure we are clear that's what you are saying so that when I fully debunk it, you will gladly accept the embarrassment. I don't want any flip-flopping on your position after your bs has been exposed.

i don't want to know why poor people are poor - i am not a financial analyst! i am saying people who are rich worked hard to get to that position and the less privileged should try harder and follow the footsteps of the ones above them. if the price is too steep, let them remain where they are and marry their class! na by force?
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
I need to know your ancestors , what you do for a living and your ambition in life ....... Of course I'm willing to help but I don't want anybody that has wrong intentions and claim he loves my daughter.... we worked our butts off to raise our daughters to be a great person .... he should too ... Be somebody and stop poking your eyes where it doesn't belong!
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
dahonestboss: Its has been human nature to look for a way to discriminate or degrade other, it give some an opportunity to feel better about themselves, while some people exhibit it unintentionally because its a thing that is in them. It has being existing for a long period of time and has graduated to different class

If its not racism, then its tribalism

If its not tribalism, then its nepotism

if its not nepotism, them its egotism

if its not egotism, then sexism/gender-ism

If its not Sexism, them it boils down to social status and classes of personal wealth

Apart from the issues of the rich marrying the rich, how about the dwarfs, Handicap, paralyzed not marrying? most of them remain single till they die, only the rich and ''lucky'' one's get married to an average person that is physically fit.

Lets be candid bro can yu date anybody that is physically deformed
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

so let's assume you became rich in your profession......
you laboured hard and you married a good wife who have you beautiful kids. you spent fortunes raising your daughters the right way. good education, excellent upbringing, outstanding family values and then one evening, a dirty looking unkempt guy shows up on your doorstep asking to see your daughter......how would you react?

being poor or looking unkempt doesn't mean a person status will remain like that forever, most times its never the fault of the person, at least in Nigeria. but I think the best to do is to sit the man and evaluate him, to see if he has potentials and/or if he is right for your daughter. marrying a rich man does not guarantee happiness or stability in richness, and if you are after your daughter happiness, then you would sort it out regardless of the person's economic status

2 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
jidegirl12: I need to know your ancestors , what you do for a living and your ambition in life ....... Of course I'm willing to help but I don't want anybody that has wrong intentions and claim he loves my daughter.... we worked our butts off to raise our daughters to be a great person .... he should too ... Be somebody and stop poking your eyes where it doesn't belong!

Mama Olowo have yu forgotten dat ROME wasnt built in a day? Dont rubbish anybody no matter his/ her standard coz nobody knows tomorrow and according to a saying wat GOES around COMES around....
Finally, No condition is permanent lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yusfull:

Now now that's another Topic.... Lmfao...NL I hail thee !! grin cheesy
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by coogar: 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yusfull:

I'm rich already bro.... How old is your daughter then maybe we can work out somfin.... grin grin grin grin grin

my daughter is 19 currently in havard......
before then, she went to one of the most expensive secondary schools in abuja - i have practically spent mega fortunes to raise her to the level she is at the moment. so what do you have to offer her or do you intend to take from her?

dahonestboss:
being poor or looking unkempt doesn't mean a person status will remain like that forever, most times its never the fault of the person, at least in Nigeria. but I think the best to do is to sit the man and evaluate him, to see if he has potentials and/or if he is right for your daughter. marrying a rich man does not guarantee happiness or stability in richness, and if you are after your daughter happiness, then you would sort it out regardless of the person's economic status

you people watch too much nollywood movies or listen to cinderella stories.....
how many poor folks would be right for a rich man's daughter in probability? maybe 10%. the risk is too high to even get a consideration from me. too many issues would clash if you allow such relationship develop. this is not a tale of a prince and cinderella asking all the women in a city to fit into a shoe-size. that is fairy-tale - this is reality!
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yusfull:

lol, of course. grin grin grin
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yusfull:

Mama Olowo have yu forgotten dat ROME wasnt built in a day? Dont rubbish anybody no matter his/ her standard coz nobody knows tomorrow and according to a saying wat GOES around COMES around....
Finally, No condition is permanent lipsrsealed

Whatever Mr. Yusuf .... I really don't give a hoot!
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

i don't want to know why poor people are poor - i am not a financial analyst! i am saying people who are rich worked hard to get to that position and the less privileged should try harder and follow the footsteps of the ones above them. if the price is too steep, let them remain where they are and marry their class! na by force?

I'm sorry, what's the main difference? So all poor people will be automatically be rich once they try harder? All people who are rich worked hard to get rich?
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by pweeryambre: 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
caseless: Hmmm...Op, stick to ur class...rich people nor too get mercy for poor people, not to talk of giving u their daughter to marry. U can see the wide dispairity between the rich and the poor in our country...no middle class...it is either u are extremely rich or u are extremely poor. Smh
Dis notion is very wrong, why do u say its only extremely rich people and xtremely poor we have in in Nigeria, and u were able to afford to be online and type dis. Why did u eliminate d simple average families we have all over the place? Infact majority of nairalanders r from average families. Can we just stop exergerating things pls.
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

my daughter is 19 currently in havard......
before then, she went to one of the most expensive secondary schools in abuja - i have practically spent mega fortunes to raise her to the level she is at the moment. so what do you have to offer her or do you intend to take from her?

Name your prize man.... grin
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by agnesefe: 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
To have met some rich folk- I mean the top 1%ers- and, had warm audience should be sufficient for that occasion-it rarely comes frequently, save, for ensuring business or political alliances.

I really don’t see any affluent blokes or lasses amongst your ex(s) and estranged friends; at best, just a few social climbers struggling to escape the filth and, anything that reminds them of it.
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by coogar: 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2012
ileobatojo:
I'm sorry, what's the main difference? So all poor people will be automatically be rich once they try harder? All people who are rich worked hard to get rich?

there's a bar between the poor and the rich. let the rich marry the rich and let the poor marry the poor. if peradventure a poor dude breaks the barrier and moves upstream to the rich man's echelon then he is no longer poor, he's now rich and he can marry a rich girl. it's quite different from prediction and forecasting. "i am not rich now but i would be rich tomorrow" - what's the guarantee of that?
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2012
Kate Middleton dares not bring a poor man home after all that money that was spent on her.... She smoke do pe? Besides what am I talking about.,. They will never cross paths..... I spend too much on those girls to disappoint me!
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Curiouscity(m): 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
I wish I am fully single and searching, I know the set of people to punish.

Why can't we Nigerians look beyond the nose? We still have a long way to go with the types of mentality some of us have. Some of the responses here are the reason everyone wants to steal or embezzle govt money in order to get rich and be accepted, yet we all complain of crime/corruption.

If the views of the majority on NL is to go by, then this KUNTry is properly FVCKED!!!

5 Likes

Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by pweeryambre: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar:

so let's assume you became rich in your profession......
you laboured hard and you married a good wife who have you beautiful kids. you spent fortunes raising your daughters the right way. good education, excellent upbringing, outstanding family values and then one evening, a dirty looking unkempt guy shows up on your doorstep asking to see your daughter......how would you react?
Since when does being poor means one have to wear tattered clothes, most of d time a suitor coming for ur daughter knows abt d family status and as such wil dress well and comport himself wen visiting.. And u will never know his poor unless u had a background check on him or ask direct questions before u find out.
Meanwhile in class of poor, there are still sub classes which include: average poor, painfully poor, destitutes. Etc.
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by coogar: 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yusfull:
Name your prize man.... grin

nah, you name your qualifications and why you think you are the right person for my daughter?

pweeryambre:
Since when does being poor means one have to wear tattered clothes, most of d time a suitor coming for ur daughter knows abt d family status and as such wil dress well and comport himself wen visiting..

comport himself how? like knowing which set of cutleries to use with which food? which glass to use for which drink? etiquette? mannerisms? class and grace? can those be taught if you have never experienced it? my friend, dressing smartly isn't the only difference between the rich and the poor - a host of other things are included!

And u will never know his poor unless u had a background check on him or ask direct questions before u find out. Meanwhile in class of poor, there are still sub classes which include: average poor, painfully poor, destitutes. Etc.

but he came to ask for my daughter on okada....
if he's taking her out, he would put her on okada, isn't it? can you now see the risks involved? parents who shield their daughters from such are not stüpid....when you become rich, kindly giftwrap your first daughter to musa(your meiguard), ok?
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Busybody2(f): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yusfull:

It is not ALWAYS a congenital condition y'know, so be careful what you wish for, because ANYONE can become this ANYTIME. undecided
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2012
coogar
you people watch too much nollywood movies or listen to cinderella stories.....
how many poor folks would be right for a rich man's daughter in probability? maybe 10%. the risk is too high to even get a consideration from me. too many issues would clash if you allow such relationship develop. this is not a tale of a prince and cinderella asking all the women in a city to fit into a shoe-size. that is fairy-tale - this is reality!

do you believe that everyone is equal? regardless of economic status?
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by trolling(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2012
the poor shall inherit the earth....and the poor man is despised of his neighbour,im not surprised its been like that for ages
Re: Class Discrimination: When Will It End? by Yusfull(m): 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
jidegirl12: Kate Middleton dares not bring a poor man home after all that money that was spent on her.... She smoke do pe? Besides what am I talking about.,. They will never cross paths..... I spend too much on those girls to disappoint me!

Do yu want to sell ur daughter to a rich family without putting her feelings and love for the person in question into consideration?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Parents So Overprotective? / Gender Stereotypes Part I / Help Save Baby Tomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.