Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,002 members, 7,863,607 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:24 PM

The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? (50488 Views)

8 Things In A Guy That Have Prompt Many Ladies To Offer Their Body Cheap For Him / What Kind Of Guy Does This To His Girlfriend (photos) / Why Do Many Girls And Women Find It Hard To Resist Their Ex-boyfriends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 04, 2012
den again, erm Lady or whatever u call urself, Why competing 4 somtn almst useless.....OH ! Miss Nairaland is not a big show . But I think Modella is arrogant and full of pride, I think Abil is better, I get an anti-feeling 4 proud gals and if u com around me...ama make u Go down. My smallest thumb is up 4 u Abil.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2012
Denise216:

You didn't disprove my premise, you didn't prove yours, and as expected you resorted to personal attacks instead of engaging the subject. Now its just a question of the last word at this point. There is no need for you to be sore about this either. I normally debate more informed individuals that furnish compelling evidence to support their position. Debating with you is good practice but I need a challenge. Hopefully the next person will be more........logical. I look forward to sharing this exchange with my students. I want them to be effective debaters and you've provided a wealth of examples of things not to do, nothing personal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn8Jrx6XKzU

grin grin grin grin grin grin

The questions were too hard for you? grin grin grin grin True Sagamu-man? cheesy

As they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. ......... But, sho, if you have no logic, na kitchen you suppose go na. grin grin grin

I have disproved your premise and you can't defend it.

Your premise: Physical Attractiveness is the most important attribute to women but the necessity for their personal and offspring's survival makes them "settle for" for men of lower physical attractiveness.

I have used my superior intellect to destroy that premise. I told you that attraction for women is a bundle and a minimum threshold of physical attractiveness is what matters and it is the personality that is dominant for most women.

I took the constraint/complication part "the necessity for their personal and offspring's survival" and eliminated it to see if women still "settle for". cheesy

First off, I gave you adolescents! They are at an age when offspring is not on their mind, I showed you that they still go for the guy with confidence, fame and power (personality) on average. Get a 13 year old girl and ask her to choose between the physically fit football player in her school and Justin Beiber, then see which one she chooses. grin Science, baby! grin

Secondly, I gave you examples of women who do not in the slightest have to worry their personal & offspring's survival (a) because they are already super wealthy and (2) who have the pick of choices of men because they are seen as the most desirable women in the human specie but, yet, they still are more attracted to confidence, fame and power (personality) than superior physique.

Thirdly, I gave you example of men with exemplary physique that women never even look at because they do not have the right personality (confidence, fame and power especially).

So I have showed you women at no stage in their life have they ever overwhelmingly chosen physique as the dominant attraction tool, they only have a threshold they aim for in that aspect. And I have given you a strong hypothesis that confidence, fame and power seems to work everytime and appears to be the dominant attraction tool (since it attracts the most desirable women) as long as a minimum level of physical attraction is attained. They are hard-wired evolutionarily to consider other things in conjunction with looks. In the midst of your confusion when the intellectual heat was on, you were even giving arguments to support my theory. grin

And when I put forward to you to defend your premise or debunk my premise, you run. grin

And you still refuse to accept I am a genius and you thought you won the debate? undecided

You just showed women and logic are like oil and water. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhYDu1Q1w2s
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 11:27am On Dec 04, 2012
Moyola: angry S A G A M I T E!!!! heheh! tongue

kiss cheesy

Whagoan? wink
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by usermane(m): 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
legalwealth: It is obvious that women like attractive men.

What qualities will a man have before he can be tagged attractive?

Courtesy: 2GOING.COM

Now OP, no one can tell u what specifically stake out a man as attractive to women. It could be money,fame,manners,confidence,appearance,cuteness,neatness,friendliness,tolerance level,badass level,morality level. Women are not the same. They have varying taste in men. It is their scale of preference that matters and there is not single scale of preference that contain these qualites in a chronology that is true to every woman
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Denise216(f): 2:22pm On Dec 04, 2012
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

The questions were too hard for you? grin grin grin grin True Sagamu-man? cheesy

As they say, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. ......... But, sho, if you have no logic, na kitchen you suppose go na. grin grin grin

I have disproved your premise and you can't defend it.

Your premise: Physical Attractiveness is the most important attribute to women but the necessity for their personal and offspring's survival makes them "settle for" for men of lower physical attractiveness.

I have used my superior intellect to destroy that premise. I told you that attraction for women is a bundle and a minimum threshold of physical attractiveness is what matters and it is the personality that is dominant for most women.

I took the constraint/complication part "the necessity for their personal and offspring's survival" and eliminated it to see if women still "settle for". cheesy

First off, I gave you adolescents! They are at an age when offspring is not on their mind, I showed you that they still go for the guy with confidence, fame and power (personality) on average. Get a 13 year old girl and ask her to choose between the physically fit football player in her school and Justin Beiber, then see which one she chooses. grin Science, baby! grin

Secondly, I gave you examples of women who do not in the slightest have to worry their personal & offspring's survival (a) because they are already super wealthy and (2) who have the pick of choices of men because they are seen as the most desirable women in the human specie but, yet, they still are more attracted to confidence, fame and power (personality) than superior physique.

Thirdly, I gave you example of men with exemplary physique that women never even look at because they do not have the right personality (confidence, fame and power especially).

So I have showed you women at no stage in their life have they ever overwhelmingly chosen physique as the dominant attraction tool, they only have a threshold they aim for in that aspect. And I have given you a strong hypothesis that confidence, fame and power seems to work everytime and appears to be the dominant attraction tool (since it attracts the most desirable women) as long as a minimum level of physical attraction is attained. They are hard-wired evolutionarily to consider other things in conjunction with looks. In the midst of your confusion when the intellectual heat was on, you were even giving arguments to support my theory. grin

And when I put forward to you to defend your premise or debunk my premise, you run. grin

And you still refuse to accept I am a genius and you thought you won the debate? undecided

You just showed women and logic are like oil and water. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhYDu1Q1w2s

That's can't be good for your blood pressure. Let it go, you'll live longer.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2012
Denise216:

That's can't be good for your blood pressure. Let it go, you'll live longer.

Blood pressure? grin

I am having fun, it shows in my posts. I am known for this. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Denise216(f): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2012
Sagamite:

Blood pressure? grin

I am having fun, it shows in my posts. I am known for this. grin grin grin grin grin

Whatever helps you cope I guess.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2012
Denise216:

Whatever helps you cope I guess.

I am an intellectual gangster who slaughters arguments. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciL5F7rlEFM&
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Denise216(f): 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
Sagamite:

I am an intellectual gangster who slaughters arguments. wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciL5F7rlEFM&

That hasn't been my experience with you. You can imagine my disappointment.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 8:13pm On Dec 04, 2012
Denise216:

That hasn't been my experience with you. You can imagine my disappointment.

Well, you are displaying some of the behaviours I have experienced before.

People that can't defend their assertion and run when the heat (in the form of intellectually probing questions) is on.

I only like intellectuals that are proficient at defending their arguments.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by NessaFresh(f): 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2012
Tatoos and a big diick
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2012
NessaFresh: Tatoos and a big diick

Are guys u find attractive?
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Denise216(f): 1:57am On Dec 05, 2012
Sagamite:

Well, you are displaying some of the behaviours I have experienced before.

People that can't defend their assertion and run when the heat (in the form of intellectually probing questions) is on.

I only like intellectuals that are proficient at defending their arguments.

Like I said, it just a about the last word now, feel free to have it. I don't need it.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by legalwealth(m): 1:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
legalwealth: It is obvious that women like attractive men.

What qualities will a man have before he can be tagged attractive?

Thread closed! !!

Catch more fun at 2GOING.COM
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
I agree with several things Sagamite said. They are FACT - scientific, hit-the-streets-right-now-and-confirm facts.

A woman's attraction circuits are governed ENTIRELY by her limbic system - which know neither logic or reason.

Women are biologically programmed to respond powerfully to men who:

- have strong, dominant personalities or
- have lots of people reacting to them (like bosses in an orgasnization, popular/famous persons, etc).

Biologically speaking, our only purpose on this planet is to survive and replicate and being a pretty boy has ZERO to do with that.

A fresh, succulent babe means YOUNG & FERTILE, but since most men are fertile, women select more for SURVIVAL VALUE. Yeah and men, more for REPLICATION VALUE.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
And for the argument on men with means (money) being attractive. What really happens is that we've been Socially Conditioned to act like wimps and supplicating bástards when we don't have money or several other things.

How does the behaviour of a guy change when he just acquires money and believes that he is enough? He gives himself permission to be a cool guy, he now acts like he is enough.

Girls then respond powerfully to this new behaviour and then someone looking at surface will conclude Money = Girls grin. Confidence = Girls my friends cool.

I made a post sometime in the past on Social Conditioning. You can view it HERE:
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
Richfella: I agree with several things Sagamite said. They are FACT - scientific, hit-the-streets-right-now-and-confirm facts.

A woman's attraction circuits are governed ENTIRELY by her limbic system - which know neither logic or reason.

Women are biologically programmed to respond powerfully to men who:

- have strong, dominant personalities or
- have lots of people reacting to them (like bosses in an orgasnization, popular/famous persons, etc).

Biologically speaking, our only purpose on this planet is to survive and replicate and being a pretty boy has ZERO to do with that.

A fresh, succulent babe means YOUNG & FERTILE, but since most men are fertile, women select more for SURVIVAL VALUE. Yeah and men, more for REPLICATION VALUE.

Well said!

A good fraction of these men tend to have decent physique because image matters to being dominant and people reacting to you in a servile way. That does not mean they have the best physique. They just are above the threshold.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2012
Denise216:

Like I said, it just a about the last word now, feel free to have it. I don't need it.

Neither do I need it nor does it have to come to who has the last word.

It has come to this because you realise you can not defend the theory you put forth when it is tested with reality. So you decided to run and start silly strawmans.

You saw tough questions and lacked the logic to answer them.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sagamite:

Well said!

A good fraction of these men tend to have decent physique because image matters to being dominant and people reacting to you in a servile way. That does not mean they have the best physique. They just are above the threshold.

Hey bro, you seem to know about the pick-up community.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
Richfella:

Hey bro, you seem to know about the pick-up community.

I am a community leader and resident rules expert scholar in the pick-up community. grin
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sagamite:

I am a community leader and resident rules expert scholar in the pick-up community. grin

Lol. RSD or Mystery?
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by legalwealth(m): 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sagamite:

Well said!

Hello sagamite...

Which area are you in Sagamu?

Sabo,GRA,Ayegbami,Ijoku,Hospital road,Ayepe Road,Isote,Ojumele,Makun OR ?

Let me know ASAP or just inbox me...
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2012
Richfella:

Lol. RSD or Mystery?

What are those?

legalwealth:

Hello sagamite...

Which area are you in Sagamu?

Sabo,GRA,Ayegbami,Ijoku,Hospital road,Ayepe Road,Isote,Ojumele,Makun OR ?

Let me know ASAP or just inbox me...

Why you won know?

You won come use my babalawo? grin
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
Denise216:

Please respond with a better rebuttal. The discipline of Evolutionary Psychology isn't an opinion, its a science. So find a source that contradicts what I have written; provide proof that muscle definition is NOT a factor evolutionary mate selection for the female human species. I can understand why the idea of women holding a man to a standard of physical attractiveness might make men uncomfortable, especially if they don't have to the income, personality, or status to compensate for not meeting the physical standard.

I haven't. Physical Attractiveness has always been important to women but the necessity for their personal and offspring's survival was a priority over their physical satisfaction. In developed societies women have the means to ensure their personal survival and children (for men and women) are becoming less of a priority. This means that men are subject to the same physical scrutiny as women. You've heard the charge of women being attracted to "bad boys" right? These women aren't falling for them because their "bad", these men on average are more physically attractive then their "good" male peers who have to compensate by being "good men" to compete for females.

I agree with you 100%
Physical attraction is extremely important to women. Who knows better than a woman?

However, people have different preferences when it comes to beauty.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 6:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I agree with you 100%
Physical attraction is extremely important to women. Who knows better than a woman?

However, people have different preferences when it comes to beauty.

Cut the crap, carefree. grin grin grin

So tell me, all the guys you have dated and loved (excluding me), have they all had 6 packs or they had a personality that turned you on?
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sagamite:

Cut the crap, carefree. grin grin grin

So tell me, all the guys you have dated and loved (excluding me), have they all had 6 packs or they had a personality that turned you on?

I don't consider 6packs attractive to start with but the guys I dated attracted me with their looks first. This is why I agreed to date them. The personality came second. It played a role in deciding if I want to have a relationship with the guy or not. But looks came first. If I hadn't liked the way they looked, I wouldn't have started dating them at all and therefore wouldn't have got to know their personality.

Saga, are you a woman?
Many women on this thread have mentioned appearance among other factors being decisive for choice making. Why are you so desperately trying to prove that looks are not that important? They are very important. Unfortunately, also MANY women are very superficial beings.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
carefreewannabe:
I don't consider 6packs attractive to start with but the guys I dated attracted me with their looks first. This is why I agreed to date them. The personality came second. It played a role in deciding if I want to have a relationship with the guy or not. But looks came first. If I hadn't liked the way they looked, I wouldn't have started dating them at all and therefore wouldn't have got to know their personality.

So basically, if you defined your ideal man in terms of looks, would you say you have dated a man like that in the past?

And do all your exes look like that ideal physique you would describe if you were to define your ideal man in terms of looks?

carefreewannabe:
Saga, are you a woman?
Many women on this thread have mentioned appearance among other factors being decisive for choice making. Why are you so desperately trying to prove that looks are not that important? They are very important. Unfortunately, also MANY women are very superficial beings.

God forbid I am a woman.

No 2, I never at any point said looks were not important nor did I say women don't go for looks.

Can you prove otherwise?
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sagamite:

So basically, if you defined your ideal man in terms of looks, would you say you have dated a man like that in the past?

And do all your exes look like that ideal physique you would describe if you were to define your ideal man in terms of looks?

God forbid I am a woman.

No 2, I never at any point said looks were not important nor did I say women don't go for looks.

Can you prove otherwise?

The men I dated were very handsome and yes they very much met my ideals.
My ex-boyfriends were extremely attractive in terms of looks. I still think so.
What are you trying to prove then? Looks are very important FULL STOP Ask any woman and she'll tell you that she prefers a handsome men to an average looking one or an ugly one. Not only because a handsome guy is sexier but also because they have good genes to pass on to their children.

Yes, I can because I am a woman and I also know what many other women dream of. All women like handsome men and all women would prefer a handsome men over an ugly one. What each individual finds attractive, however, differs.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
carefreewannabe:

The men I dated were very handsome and yes they very much met my ideals.
My ex-boyfriends were extremely attractive in terms of looks. I still think so.
What are you trying to prove then? Looks are very important FULL STOP Ask any woman and she'll tell you that she prefers a handsome men to an average looking one or an ugly one. Not only because a handsome guy is sexier but also because they have good genes to pass on to their children.

Yes, I can because I am a woman and I also know what many other women dream of. All women like handsome men and all women would prefer a handsome men over an ugly one. What each individual finds attractive, however, differs.

I didn't ask you if your ex-boyfriends were attractive. I asked very simple questions, please answer them with careful thoughts:

Don't focus on what I am trying to proof, just answer the question honestly.

There has never been a point I said women prefer ugly men over handsome men or they don't like handsome men.

Can you prove otherwise?
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sagamite:

I didn't ask you if your ex-boyfriends were attractive. I asked very simple questions, please answer them with careful thoughts:

Don't focus on what I am trying to proof, just answer the question honestly.

There has never been a point I said women prefer ugly men over handsome men or they don't like handsome men.

Can you prove otherwise?

Let me answer your questions AGAIN because you refuse to read between the lines.
First answer: Yes.
Second answer: Yes.

Now tell me what you're trying to prove.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Sagamite(m): 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Let me answer your questions AGAIN because you refuse to read between the lines.
First answer: Yes.
Second answer: Yes.

Now tell me what you're trying to prove.

Okay, good. Thank you.

Now can you describe to me your ideal man.

Then, secondly, tell me how many guys you have dated.
Re: The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sagamite:

Okay, good. Thank you.

Now can you describe to me your ideal man.

Then, secondly, tell me how many guys you have dated.

Tall, dark, not skinny, strong, beautiful eyes, nice hands, nice and clean clothes.
I am not going to answer the second question. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Man Shares His Experience With A Hotel Receptionist (photo) / Trending Picture Of A Future Slay Queen On Facebook. / Gentle Giant: Meet Brazil’s Tallest Man Who Fell In Love With Small Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.