Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe (12417 Views)

SW Get Least Amount Of Ministries Of All Regions / Mike Akhigbe Is Not Dead. / Mike Akhigbe Is Dead (Ex Vice President) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx: Can you prove it, NRI PRIEST? - I need proofs!!

I was multitasking before but I'm free now, let's talk about it...

^^^^I'm waiting... grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:38am On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx: Can you prove it, NRI PRIEST? - I need proofs!!

I was multitasking before but I'm free now, let's talk about it...

In the early days of the English invasion of Lagos,many Nigerians trouped into Lagos for trade. These same ppl paid taxes that was used to build schools,roads,hospitals and other institution. My point is that the greatness of Lagos was as a result of the combined contributions of all Nigerians.If for some reason today Nnewi becomes a mega city the Anaedo can claim they singlehandedly developed it and nobody will argue that because they made Nnewi what it is today.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 06, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

In the early days of the English invasion of Lagos,many Nigerians trouped into Lagos for trade. These same ppl paid taxes that was used to build schools,roads,hospitals and other institution. My point is that the greatness of Lagos was as a result of the combined contributions of all Nigerians.If for some reason today Nnewi becomes a mega city the Anaedo can claim they singlehandedly developed it and nobody will argue that because they made Nnewi what it is today.

Bwahahahaha

Stop telling porky pies - nobody "trouped" to Lagos in early days of English invasion...

This is the population of Lagos from 1950 to projection for 2015:

Year Population
1950 288000
1955 469000
1960 763000
1965 1242000
1970 2025000
1975 3300000
1980 4385000
1985 5827000
1990 7742000
1995 10287000
2000 13427000
2005 16864000
2010 20192000
2015 23173000

http://books.mongabay.com/population_estimates/full/Lagos-Nigeria.html

^^^^From the above - you can see that people started trooping to Lagos en masse after the civil war...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:08am On Dec 06, 2012
People say taxes and all Nigerians built Lagos blah blah!!

Why didn't they choose Nnewi? Or Kotangora? The same ethnic make up residents of Lagos used to present in Jos but in smaller population and we can tell how Jos turned out..

No other tribe has been a full generation in Lagos!!!! No tribe not Yoruba can say their grandpa was born and raised in Lagos! Let's stop all these stupid lies and respect Lagos!!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:15am On Dec 06, 2012
Word!!!

Lagos Colony was a British colonial possession centered on the port of Lagos in what is now southern Nigeria. Lagos was annexed on 6 August 1861 and declared a colony on 5 March 1862. By 1872 Lagos was a cosmopolitan trading center with a population over 60,000. In the aftermath of prolonged wars between the mainland Yoruba states, the colony established a protectorate over most of Yorubaland between 1890 and 1897. The colony and protectorate was incorporated into Southern Nigeria in February 1906, and Lagos became the capital of the protectorate of Nigeria in January 1914

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_Colony
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 06, 2012
From 288000 in 1950 to over 20 million in 2010... That's just ridiculous!! undecided undecided
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Abagworo(m): 4:42am On Dec 06, 2012
I still don't get what shymexx et al are arguing about. Maybe they have eyes on annexing Lagos. Lagos has indigenous groups like Egun and Awori who can speak for themselves if they want to be swallowed by the bigger Yoruba. In future maybe someone from Plateau will come claiming Abuja because the land had some of his ethnic group as natives. In case you kids don't know Abuja consists mainly of Gwari land whose ethnic group has most of its people in Niger State. Our former President Ibrahim Babangida is a Gwari man. The population of Abuja as at 1991 Abuja barely had up to 20,000 people. By 2006 it had 700,000. By 2012 it now has an estimated 3million. Without Lagos Southwest can survive.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Akanbiedu(m): 8:51am On Dec 06, 2012
Abagworo: I still don't get what shymexx et al are arguing about. Maybe they have eyes on annexing Lagos. Lagos has indigenous groups like Egun and Awori who can speak for themselves if they want to be swallowed by the bigger Yoruba. In future maybe someone from Plateau will come claiming Abuja because the land had some of his ethnic group as natives. In case you kids don't know Abuja consists mainly of Gwari land whose ethnic group has most of its people in Niger State. Our former President Ibrahim Babangida is a Gwari man. The population of Abuja as at 1991 Abuja barely had up to 20,000 people. By 2006 it had 700,000. By 2012 it now has an estimated 3million. Without Lagos Southwest can survive.

Stop misinforming people here. The Awori and Egun are part and parcel of Yoruba.

You people should not bring your village mentality here.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by MegaMan2020: 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2012
Greedy Igbos with their eyes on Lagos and Abuja. Focus on turning one of your Eastern Villages into a big time city not trying to steal cities from other tribes. angry
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by nku5: 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2012
MegaMan2020: Greedy Igbos with their eyes on Lagos and Abuja. Focus on turning one of your Eastern Villages into a big time city not trying to steal cities from other tribes. angry

Guy wetin you smoke? Na so ppl dey take fail exam. Say you hate us no mean u go dey type our name anyhow. Is Akhigbe an igbo man

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by MegaMan2020: 12:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
Igbos want Lagos and Abuja for themselves. I'm getting very tired of their greedy blood sucking ways. I'm starting to dislike them intensely. I seriously won't be surprised if Yorubas don't start committing bloodshed against the Igbos like the Northerners do because these people have absolutely no morals. I can't stand even being around them for the most part. I wish they would just leave honest Nigerians alone and return back to the Biafra where they belong. They aren't likable at all...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by MegaMan2020: 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2012
nku5:

Guy wetin you smoke? Na so ppl dey take fail exam. Say you hate us no mean u go dey type our name anyhow. Is Akhigbe an igbo man

Is it not Igbos that are agreeing with Akhigbe the most? Of course it is. Igbos live in Lagos and Abuja by the millions. They want these cities for themselves so they disrespectfully label the places as "no mans land". What arrant nonsense. I'm a Lagos indigine Yoruba boy. is it okay for average villagers from the East to be claiming parts of North and South as their own? Can't the "jews of Africa" develop a Lagos or Abuja in the East instead of trying to steal from others?
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Abagworo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Stop misinforming people here. The Awori and Egun are part and parcel of Yoruba.

You people should not bring your village mentality here.

And where exactly did I say they are not Yoruba? They are whatever they want to be but this thread is not about tribe. Kwara also has high Yoruba natives. What Akhigbe made was a mere suggestion based on the place of Lagos and Abuja and not on the tribes in Lagos and Abuja.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
^^^^And who are you to talk about who is from Lagos, and who isn't??

You're a joker! grin
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by nku5: 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2012
MegaMan2020:

Is it not Igbos that are agreeing with Akhigbe the most? Of course it is. Igbos live in Lagos and Abuja by the millions. They want these cities for themselves so they disrespectfully label the places as "no mans land". What arrant nonsense. I'm a Lagos indigine Yoruba boy. is it okay for average villagers from the East to be claiming parts of North and South as their own? Can't the "jews of Africa" develop a Lagos or Abuja in the East instead of trying to steal from others?

I don't know where your hatred is coming from but you are entitled to it. So because some igbos on nairaland (2 or 3 ppl) are in support it means igbos as a nation are in support. You proceed to generalise and wish evil on ppl over basically nothing. Smh
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by OneNaira6: 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
MegaMan2020:

In as much as i told myself i won't speak on this thread but i noticed a pattern from the Yoruba that is rather annoying. The nigerian government, colonization government and of recent the entire nigerian population developed Lagos. If the Yoruba developed it alone, we would have seen the same for all SW states. Ironically enough, each states, excluding lagos, lacks it. That alone speaks volume. Secondly, i noticed that all of una alway claim to be lagos indigenous. Idk if you really are but its a pattern I've noticed. Majority of the NL Yoruba claim lagos as if there isn't any other states in that area. I've only seen about 4 so far that choose another state. I don't know if you all really are but i doubt that majority are actually are. Just an observation
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by OneNaira6: 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
nku5:

A question they probably won't get.
Excluding agbaworo and afam which other igbo seem to care about the guys suggestion. Others seem to focus on who or what developed Lagos.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by phantom(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx:

I don't talk shyte, I do shyte... If Godwon could knock niggaz out in Houston and run the streets of Houston with Scarface, what makes you think I won't slap ya brains out of your head in the same place??

Yo, I'm real nigga and I'll fvck a puzzy up if I need to, on my mums...
grin grin grin...small boy!na your type wey once you enter lagos dem go thief everything wey you wear at every busstop before you reach house.na boxers you go use enter house grin grin grin grin...you dey form ghetto cowboy... grin grin grin grin

on a more serious note seun has not done well in maintaining standards on this forum.i remember back in 2006/2007.....nairaland was fun to be in.the politics section was full of thoroughbred analysts who treated each other with respect and always agreed to disagree.so a shame things have gone so bad that a ghetto kid from f**kham can get in and run wild.pity!
@OP......i really dont care what they want to do with lag and abuja.truth is NIGERIA IS NOT A COUNTRY. i feel like someone thrown into a room full of people i dont know from adam and i am being forced to be friends with even when i can spot one or two are ready to slit my throat at the slightest opportunity.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
One_Naira:

In as much as i told myself i won't speak on this thread but i noticed a pattern from the Yoruba that is rather annoying. The nigerian government, colonization government and of recent the entire nigerian population developed Lagos. If the Yoruba developed it alone, we would have seen the same for all SW states. Ironically enough, each states, excluding lagos, lacks it. That alone speaks volume. Secondly, i noticed that all of una alway claim to be lagos indigenous. Idk if you really are but its a pattern I've noticed. Majority of the NL Yoruba claim lagos as if there isn't any other states in that area. I've only seen about 4 so far that choose another state. I don't know if you all really are but i doubt that majority are actually are. Just an observation
'

Did we beg the Nigeria government to develop Lagos? No!!!

Did we beg other Nigerians to invest in Lagos? NO!!!

Did we beg to make Lagos the Capital? NO! (Actually, Asikwe did that)

Is Lagos the only city in Nigeria? NO!

Did Yorubas do a campaign urging Nigerians to move to Lagos? NO!!

You guys don't ever mention cross river state which was also a former capital shows you guys are red eyed gluttons just looking for how to make Lagos a land no one can lay claims to. But unfortunately, it is YORUBA LAND and that can never change again through out humanity tongue tongue tongue tongue

Go and die!! Go to Lagos and say, Lagos is a no man's land and see slaps visiting your face!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by OneNaira6: 4:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
0lumide: '

Did we beg the Nigeria government to develop Lagos? No!!!

Did we beg other Nigerians to invest in Lagos? NO!!!

Did we beg to make Lagos the Capital? NO! (Actually, Asikwe did that)

Is Lagos the only city in Nigeria? NO!

Did Yorubas do a campaign urging Nigerians to move to Lagos? NO!!

You guys don't ever mention cross river state which was also a former capital shows you guys are red eyed gluttons just looking for how to make Lagos a land no one can lay claims to. But unfortunately, it is YORUBA LAND and that can never change again through out humanity tongue tongue tongue tongue

Go and die!! Go to Lagos and say, Lagos is a no man's land and see slaps visiting your face!

Actually noone mentions crossriver or abuja because none of the indigenous claim they developed the region, blah blah. Since I've been on NL, anytime anyone mentions the government and oil money built abuja, I've never seen any northern speak or even start shouting, going ballistics as if the commenter lied. Secondly it's ignorant to compare present day calabar to Lagos. Calabar got a head start thanks to Nigerian and colonization government, noone can deny that, but all the recent development they've made came from the indigenous unlike Lagos. That's a major difference between it and lagos.

The second paragraph what the f2k was that? Dude learn who you are talking to. I've never made a claim that lagos is a no mans land. I actually don't give a f2k. I'm talking about development.

Lastly addressing the azikiwe claim of yours. Any proof of that?
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by MegaMan2020: 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
One_Naira:

i don't care what your observations are Okoro. I'm an indiginous of Lagos and my ancestors are indigie of Yorubaland. Simple as that. Stop trying to hawk other peoples lands you "Jews of Africa" and build a Lagos in the East.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by MegaMan2020: 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
Igbo okoros have turned Lagos into a giant ghetto. The way they stream into Lagos everyday is absolutely disgusting and many indigine of Lagos are at the end of their tether. I see coaches of full Igbos pull up at the beginning of eVveryday...by the days end the coaches going back to the East are completely empty. Igbos are treating Lagos like a hotel. Fashola is making moves to kick most of them out and rightly so.

Lagos is not hotel for any old okoro villager to come and infest. Pack your bags and get back to your villages in Biafraland. Ibo Kwenu!!!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2012
Abagworo:

And where exactly did I say they are not Yoruba? They are whatever they want to be but this thread is not about tribe. Kwara also has high Yoruba natives. What Akhigbe made was a mere suggestion based on the place of Lagos and Abuja and not on the tribes in Lagos and Abuja.

Nobody, not even Akhigbe has been able to tell us why Calabar should not be made a no man's land. Calabar is also a port city, let us build a seaport and an airport there, and add a few fly-overs and then label it a no man's land.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by MegaMan2020: 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
nku5:

I don't know where your hatred is coming from but you are entitled to it. So because some igbos on nairaland (2 or 3 ppl) are in support it means igbos as a nation are in support. You proceed to generalise and wish evil on ppl over basically nothing. Smh

It's not hatred it's the truth. Which other tribe except the Igbos will live in other peoples lands by the million then try and claim it as their own? Can you imagine Yorubas or Hausas in Igboland trying to claim that dump Aba as their own and that it should be annexed from the East? Arrant nonsense!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
One_Naira:

Actually noone mentions crossriver or abuja because none of the indigenous claim they developed the region, blah blah. Since I've been on NL, anytime anyone mentions the government and oil money built abuja, I've never seen any northern speak or even start shouting, going ballistics as if the commenter lied. Secondly it's ignorant to compare present day calabar to Lagos. Calabar got a head start thanks to Nigerian and colonization government, noone can deny that, but all the recent development they've made came from the indigenous unlike Lagos. That's a major difference between it and lagos.

The second paragraph what the f2k was that? Dude learn who you are talking to. I've never made a claim that lagos is a no mans land. I actually don't give a f2k. I'm talking about development.

One_Naira:

Northerners won't complain because oil money built Abuja!!!!!!!! And no one ever lay claim to Cross Rivers hence why the indigenous people there never had any reason to yell at you land Grabbers!

Now for Lagos: The only part the Federal govt developed in Lagos was, Lagos Island Majority of mainland was under the Western region and I doubt we used oil money back then!

So oil money didn't build Enugu? because last I checked, they get allocation from the FG does that mean Enugu is a no man's Land? If that is the case then, Nigeria is a no man's land!! Arindin!!!

Cross river also got oil allocation so CR is a no man's land, every state that ever got oil money is a no man's land!!

Wait, Yorubas have oil in Ondo, and Delta state, but that don't count at alll abi it doesn't count!! danidani ni padi yi jor!! my friend poof!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
phantom:
[s] grin grin grin...small boy!na your type wey once you enter lagos dem go thief everything wey you wear at every busstop before you reach house.na boxers you go use enter house grin grin grin grin...you dey form ghetto cowboy... grin grin grin grin

on a more serious note seun has not done well in maintaining standards on this forum.i remember back in 2006/2007.....nairaland was fun to be in.the politics section was full of thoroughbred analysts who treated each other with respect and always agreed to disagree.so a shame things have gone so bad that a ghetto kid from f**kham can get in and run wild.pity!
@OP......i really dont care what they want to do with lag and abuja.truth is NIGERIA IS NOT A COUNTRY. i feel like someone thrown into a room full of people i dont know from adam and i am being forced to be friends with even when i can spot one or two are ready to slit my throat at the slightest opportunity.
[/s]

WTFF are you on about? Another sill Nigerian illiterate from the dungeons you call schools in Nigeria... Thoroughbred analysts on nl? - don't make me puke, prick...

Get a life and learn how to write, wasted semen! undecided
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
Why can't we agree to disagree instead of resulting to insults. I think Phanton is right about how Nairaland used to be. Then we even used to discuss more volatile topics without resulting to insults. I think the MODS have stopped doing their jobs.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
Why are you even arguing with these clowns?? *Sighs*

The pictures of what Lagos looked like in 1960 is there for all to the see... And those who developed the city are ingrained in the annals of Lagos' history... The colonial government developed parts of the Island; the Saros, Amaros, and indigenes developed the rest of the Island and parts of the mainland; and the western region developed most of the mainland(including the capital of Lagos)...

These clowns are just greedy louts who are fixated on claiming the next man's property and glory - but why Lagos?? Since I have been on nl, I have never seen Yoruba people claim anywhere outside the SW... Heck, they don't even post on threads about cities outside SW(Enugu thread is a classic example)... Why can't you lot do the same??

We built Lagos blah blah blah - build another Lagos in your region then!!! undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
afam4eva: Why can't we agree to disagree instead of resulting to insults. I think Phanton is right about how Nairaland used to be. Then we even used to discuss more volatile topics without resulting to insults. I think the MODS have stopped doing their jobs.

I don't care about how nl used to be - and I don't take nonsense from illiterates...

If you chat shyte to my handle, I'll do the same - I'm not a Christian, I'm a black man...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx:

I don't care about how nl used to be - and I don't take nonsense from illiterates...

If you chat shyte to my handle, I'll do the same - I'm not a Christian, I'm a black man...
lol grin I swear you're a comedian. I think you'll make a good actor. What exactly does the bolded mean?
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2012
afam4eva:
lol grin I swear you're a comedian. I think you'll make a good actor. What exactly does the bolded mean?

Lmao...

Being a Christian means: being Christ-like(get a slap on your right cheek and turn the left cheek to get slapped on that as well)...

But a real black man will never do that - I'll cite a quote from Malcolm X to buttress my point..

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery." - Malcolm X

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IPOB Members On Trial Overstretching Prison Facilities —NPS / NBC Query To Channels TV: Yakassai Urges NUJ, NGE To Speak Out / Fuel Subsidy: Presidency Queries Fashola Over Lagos Crowd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.