Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe (12415 Views)

SW Get Least Amount Of Ministries Of All Regions / Mike Akhigbe Is Not Dead. / Mike Akhigbe Is Dead (Ex Vice President) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx:

Are you feigning ignorance, or just naturally dumb??

WTH is buffer region?? Buffer against what - the sea?? smfdh

You have never posted anything worth reading, anyway... undecided
Guy, pls stop being overly emotional when issues about Lagos come up especially when we consider that you've never been here before. He's entitled to his opinion while we're all entitled to ours.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
Guy, pls stop being overly emotional when issues about Lagos come up especially when we consider that you've never been here before. He's entitled to his opinion while we're all entitled to ours.

Nah, he's entitled to his opinion about wherever the fvck he came from - not all Nigerians entitled to speak about the status of Lagos... Do I need to remind you that Nigeria is a tribal society and only the people from a place are allowed to speak about the status?? Him giving an opinion about Lagos would amount to an English guy telling the Scots what to do in their country - it's unacceptable!!

Lagos is Lagos - it's part of the SW, period... If Nigeria wants to make Lagos Island(the former capital) a separate region - good luck with running over the people from there...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx:

Nah, he's entitled to his opinion about wherever the fvck he came from - not all Nigerians entitled to speak about the status of Lagos... Do I need to remind you that Nigeria is a tribal society and only the people from a place are allowed to speak about the status?? Him giving an opinion about Lagos would amount to an English guy telling the Scots what to do in their country - it's unacceptable!!

Lagos is Lagos - it's part of the SW, period... If Nigeria wants to make Lagos Island(the former capital) a separate region - good luck with running over the people from there...
When will some of you learn that there's a difference between a state and a country. Every Nigeria is entitled to their opinions about anywhere in Nigeria. Afterall Mike Akhigbe was a former governor of Lagos and you on the other hand, even though your ancestors are from Lagos, you've never stepped your foot here. You can't stay in Lagos and be telling us that Nigeria is a tribal society. We live here and we know better.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
Everything is just politics and the fixation on Lagos... Why Lagos? - Why not Calabar?? The state should be left alone and if need be, a referendum should to issued to let the indigenes decide on what they want... You can't just sit down in your house and tell people from a place where they should be and where they shouldn't be - that's imperialism!!

The regions are also flawed - why not re-divide the regions and stop dividing people into places they don't naturally belong to - to avoid further marginalisation?? Most of these clowns just think out of their ar.ses, anyway...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx: Everything is just politics and the fixation on Lagos... Why Lagos? - Why not Calabar?? The state should be left alone and if need be, a referendum should to issued to let the indigenes decide on what they want... You can't just sit down in your house and tell people from a place where they should be and where they shouldn't be - that's imperialism!!

The regions are also flawed - why not re-divide the regions and stop dividing people into places they don't naturally belong to - to avoid further marginalisation?? Most of these clowns just think out of their ar.ses, anyway...
If a referendum were to be be carried it out, it's Lagos residents that will vote and not just indigenes. lagos has gone beyond the whims of the indigenes. This is an international city and the stakes are very high.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
When will some of you learn that there's a difference between a state and a country. Every Nigeria is entitled to their opinions about anywhere in Nigeria. Afterall Mike Akhigbe was a former governor of Lagos and you on the other hand, even though your ancestors are from Lagos, you've never stepped your foot here. You can't stay in Lagos and be telling us that Nigeria is a tribal society. We live here and we know better.

Are you tribal? You wake up every morning to create stupid threads without putting into consideration what the actually owners of the place want... Your posts are igbocentric - so, stop that crap about Nigeria not being a tribal society...

Mike Akhigbe was a dictator imposed on Lagos(Military Administrator) - he never won an election there, so his opinions don't count!!

Fam, just stop your obsession with Lagos - your opinions don't count!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
If a referendum were to be be carried it out, it's Lagos residents that will vote and not just indigenes. lagos has gone beyond the whims of the indigenes. This is an international city and the stakes are very high.

Bwahahahahaha

Referendum is for the owners and the indigenous people - residents don't and will never have a say over indigenous people... There's going to be a referendum for the Scots in 2014 about what they want - and only the Scots will be allowed to vote!!

I now see where your obsession with Lagos stems from... grin.... The stakeholders in Lagos are the indigenes and those who built the city!!!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx:

Bwahahahahaha

Referendum is for the owners and the indigenous people - residents don't and will never have a say over indigenous people... There's going to be a referendum for the Scots in 2014 about what they want - and only the Scots will be allowed to vote!!

I now see where your obsession with Lagos stems from... grin.... The stakeholders in Lagos are the indigenes and those who built the city!!!
The Scotland example is ridiculous. Scotland is a country and Lagos is a state in Nigeria. Get that right.

What does the bolded mean?
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Abagworo(m): 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx: This Abagworo guy has to be the dumbest and most re.tarded poster on nl...

Grow upgrade your IQ and stop posting on this forum till further notice - prick!!

So if you disagree with my view, then I'm dumb. Well you just revealed your level of reasoning.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
The Scotland example is ridiculous. Scotland is a country and Lagos is a state in Nigeria. Get that right.

The Scottish Gaelic is like Yoruba and the Scots are different from the Germanic people of the South(English)... It's a country within a country, however, it's also an ethnic group within a country with different subgroups sharing linguistic affinity... You don't want me posting the UN charter about indigenous people, do you??

What does the bolded mean?

It means the Saros and Amaros... grin
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Abagworo(m): 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx:

Lagos is not part of Southwest. I'll like to know the views of Lagos natives on this one. I don't expect any difference between it and the views of Rivers natives to Igbos. When a small area has resources concentrated around it, autonomy from a larger body is usually the choice. I'm very sure that non-Lagos Yorubas will be fighting more for Lagos to be included in the SW than the Lagos natives.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx:

The Scottish Gaelic is like Yoruba and the Scots are different from the Germanic people of the South(English)... It's a country within a country, however, it's also an ethnic group within a country with different subgroups sharing linguistic affinity... You don't want me posting the UN charter about indigenous people, do you??
Are you now implying that only Yorubas will be allowed to vote in the referendum and not just the indiegenes like you asserted initially? And are you also saying that if for example you had some scots who are indigenous to Republic of Ireland for example and are not Scottish by nationality that they'll be allowed to vote in the referendum?

shymexx:
It means the Saros and Amaros... grin
Shymmex, i think you're still young because your thought pattern can be funny at times grin Saros and Amaros built Lagos? Oya, go to joke no 2.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
Abagworo:
Lagos is not part of Southwest. I'll like to know the views of Lagos natives on this one. I don't expect any difference between it and the views of Rivers natives to Igbos. When a small area has resources concentrated around it, autonomy from a larger body is usually the choice. I'm very sure that non-Lagos Yorubas will be fighting more for Lagos to be included in the SW than the Lagos natives.

@ the bolded - another dumb comparison... Are Igbos indigenous to Rivers - or settlers?? Greater Lagos has always been part of the SW and it will always be... It's either you accept that, or cut the Ijebu enclaves out of Lagos and create an Ijebu state for us...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2012
[quote author=afam4eva]
Are you now implying that only Yorubas will be allowed to vote in the referendum and not just the indiegenes like you asserted initially? And are you also saying that if for example you had some scots who are indigenous to Republic of Ireland for example and are not Scottish by nationality that they'll be allowed to vote in the referendum?

Nah, I was implying that all the Yoruba subgroups(linguistic affinity) indigenous to Lagos(real Lagosians) should be allowed to choose their destiny with a referendum on what they want to do... Residents are just residents - and their opinions don't count!

Shymmex, i think you're still young because your thought pattern can be funny at times grin Saros and Amaros built Lagos? Oya, go to joke no 2.

If you know anything about the history of Lagos and their contributions to Lagos - I bet you won't ask this dumb question... Read more about Lagos..
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Abagworo(m): 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx:

@ the bolded - another dumb comparison... Are Igbo indigenous to Rivers - or settlers?? Greater Lagos has always been part of the SW and it will always be... It's either you accept that, or cut the Ijebu enclaves out of Lagos and create an Ijebu state for us...

That's the part you won't understand. Lagos natives are not same as Yorubas from other States. Same with Rivers Igbos. A community known as Egbema in Imo state is divided in two with one part in Rivers State. Same with Ndoki between Abia and Rivers.These are just two out of several Igbo groups cut that way. The Imo Egbema and Abia Ndoki cannot come to Rivers State and claim natives. I don't see the Ijebu case as any different.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx: If you know anything about the history of Lagos and their contributions to Lagos - I bet you won't ask this dumb question... Read more about Lagos..
So Saros and Amaros built the Lagos as we know it today? SMH
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
Abagworo:
That's the part you won't understand. Lagos natives are not same as Yorubas from other States. Same with Rivers Igbos. A community known as Egbema in Imo state is divided in two with one part in Rivers State. Same with Ndoki between Abia and Rivers.These are just twoout of several Igbo groups cut that way. The Imo Egbema and Abia Ndoki cannot come to Rivers State and claim natives. I don't see the Ijebu case as any different.

And when did Lagos natives ever deny being Yorubas??

All those tribes you're listing are a mix between Igbos and other tribes - they're not pure Igbos... Hence, why they don't claim your tribe... I read the story of Jaja of Opobo and how Igbos began settling in Rivers - so I know what I'm talking about...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
So Saros and Amaros built the Lagos as we know it today? SMH

I said their contributions to Lagos - read and comprehend!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
Pls let's not derail this thread. Stick to the topic: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2012
For the umpteenth time, Nigeria isn't America - it's a tribal society and indigenous people must be protected at all times...

You can't leave your ancestral lands and start claiming what belongs to the next man - that's just greediness, period...

Muthaphuck Nigeria!!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Abagworo(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx:

And when did Lagos natives ever deny being Yorubas??

All those tribes you're listing are a mix between Igbos and other tribes - they're not pure Igbos... Hence, why they don't claim your tribe... I read the story of Jaja of Opobo and how Igbos began settling in Rivers - so I know what I'm talking about...

I think this thread has nothing about tribes in Lagos. It rather talks of Lagos and Abuja being given special status as separate regions of national unity. Maybe you should come to the culture section and learn a bit more about Nigerian ethnic groups.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx:

I said their contributions to Lagos - read and comprehend!
People who contribute to a place invariably helped to build it. We're saying the same thing. Now, my point is that their contribution is somewhere between 0.000000000000000001 and astronomical to the negative.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
Abagworo:

I think this thread has nothing about tribes in Lagos. It rather talks of Lagos and Abuja being given special status as separate regions of national unity. Maybe you should come to the culture section and learn a bit more about Nigerian ethnic groups.
The problem with Shymmex is that he always brings up tribe whenever Lagos is discussed without realizing that Lagos is bigger than all of us.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by gbadexy(m): 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx:

Are you feigning ignorance, or just naturally dumb??

WTH is buffer region?? Buffer against what - the sea?? smfdh

You have never posted anything worth reading, anyway... undecided
@ ^ and the other stupid fool that said I said something atrocious, I think you people are being childish to say the least.
I only explained what I though aikhgbe meant and even if I support it, would the world end if lagos was removed from southwest.
You this stup!d fool that could never look ♍ƺ in the face in real life is spewing trash on what I post, why do some people like •̸Ϟ•̸y posts besides I only respond to a topic I feel I need to express •̸Ϟ•̸y opinion which I am entitled to.
God knows that I get carried away easily on NL responding to juveniles and irrational kids, if one looks at the birthday's list on the front page, one can't but be surprised that most of the posters are very young kids without much real life exposure.
Just know that if it were to be in reality, God knows I would most likely be talking to your father and would be advising you as a kid brother irrespective of your age because I've concluded you are a rash young boy from your post.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
Abagworo:

It has a lot to do with the indigenous people - let the decide their destiny by themselves... The same should be done for all the other states!!

Once you cut Lagos out of the SW and give it a special status - that would result in the total domination of the people there by other Nigerians, it's unacceptable... This is politics and the survival of the fittest!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by gbadexy(m): 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
gbadexy:
@ ^ and the other stupid fool that said I said something atrocious, I think you people are being childish to say the least.
I only explained what I though aikhgbe meant and even if I support it, would the world end if lagos was removed from southwest.
You this stup!d fool that could never look ♍ƺ in the face in real life is spewing trash on what I post, why do some people like •̸Ϟ•̸y posts besides I only respond to a topic I feel I need to express •̸Ϟ•̸y opinion which I am entitled to.
God knows that I get carried away easily on NL responding to juveniles and irrational kids, if one looks at the birthday's list on the front page, one can't but be surprised that most of the posters are very young kids without much real life exposure.
Just know that if it were to be in reality, God knows I would most likely be talking to your father and would be advising you as a kid brother irrespective of your age because I've concluded you are a rash young boy from your post.
He's damn too emotional when issues about Lagos arise even though he's never been here before.

Forgive him.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
gbadexy:

Can you post in English language? - I don't understand hieroglyphics! undecided

Your opinions only count wherever the fvck you're from - go tell them what to do over there in your hieroglyphics, cu.nt..
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
shymexx:

Can you post in English language? - I don't understand hieroglyphics! undecided

Your opinions only count wherever the fvck you're from - go tell them what to do over there in your hieroglyphics, cu.nt..
Dude, we don't have to throw insults around. let's try to be civilized here.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Abagworo(m): 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
Shymexx are you a Lagos native?
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
He's damn too emotional when issues about Lagos arise even though he's never been here before.

Forgive him.

It's not about being emotional, it's about fighting for what is right... Your ancestral land is your home, wherever you might find yourself - and once you lose that, then you'll definitely lose your culture and your pride...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
Dude, we don't have to throw insults around. let's try to be civilized here.

Lmao... Action and reaction, mate... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets Dogara, Reps Behind Closed Door / Buhari Handled Economy Better Than Others Since 1999 – Ajimobi / PDP Asks Femi Gbajabiamila To Resign

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.