Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe (12416 Views)

SW Get Least Amount Of Ministries Of All Regions / Mike Akhigbe Is Not Dead. / Mike Akhigbe Is Dead (Ex Vice President) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
We built Lagos blah blah blah...

Oil built Lagos blah blah blah...

Ok, let's see what Lagos pre-snarl-up and pre-independence when the population was 763000 - before the oil and when the indigenes and other Yorubas were 90% of the population.

Old Lagos:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/695584_Aerial_view_of_Lagos_2_jpgba82298e245e427ca74c2c881e00b2e1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/695587_Independence_square_Lagos_jpgce0b067defd2184bbecae45b1889a320

www.nairaland.com/attachments/695591_Lagos1_jpgb3560c02f20dd4f83d7da4a3addae20f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/695592_lagos2_jpge80a31f111d8ff2eea0fd454f379cbc4
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
^^^^Perhaps, you need to start taking credit for making the city the hell-on-earth and dump it's today...

Get a life! undecided undecided
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by nku5: 7:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
One_Naira:

A question they probably won't get.
Excluding agbaworo and afam which other igbo seem to care about the guys suggestion. Others seem to focus on who or what developed Lagos.

I think many of them have been affected by all the ethnic propaganda. Once such topics come up they start chanting the same old mindless "they want our land" sing along without thinking
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by icez: 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2012
oil money developed lagos - FACT.
oil money developed abuja - FACT.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by OneNaira6: 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
0lumide:

Northerners won't complain because oil money built Abuja!!!!!!!! And no one ever lay claim to Cross Rivers hence why the indigenous people there never had any reason to yell at you land Grabbers!

Now for Lagos: The only part the Federal govt developed in Lagos was, Lagos Island Majority of mainland was under the Western region and I doubt we used oil money back then!

So oil money didn't build Enugu? because last I checked, they get allocation from the FG does that mean Enugu is a no man's Land? If that is the case then, Nigeria is a no man's land!! Arindin!!!

Cross river also got oil allocation so CR is a no man's land, every state that ever got oil money is a no man's land!!

Wait, Yorubas have oil in Ondo, and Delta state, but that don't count at alll abi it doesn't count!! danidani ni padi yi jor!! my friend poof!

This is why i don't like commenting on threads like this. It's just going to me repeating the same thing cause the other person pretend he or she might or might not have gotten what you say or start speaking something irrelevant to the conversation. Smh.

You agreed that abuja was developed by the nation but you can't even have the courtesy of extending the notion to lagos. Smh. i can smell the double standard from far away . we ain't even talking about just oil but other factors as well. Smh. There absolutely no difference b/w Abuja and Lagos concerning who or what developed it. Similar to abuja, Lagos was developed by the national government
Similar to Abuja, Lagos develop itself using the taxes it collects from individuals residing within it. Which yet again constitute all nigerian ethnic group.

Now compared to these two, people of calabar built their city by themselves. Yes, similar to both Abuja and lagos, calabar got a head start in developing their city by the federal government but unlike both lagos and abuja, every taxes collected to develop that city since it lost its ground as capital of Nigeria came predominately from the indigenous. If they came on NL claiming they developed calabar, noone would deny them of that fact because it is the truth. If we take a look outside of calabar, we see the same development occurring in uyo.

Now idk how enugu got into this conversation, i think you were trying to get as much staunch to support yourself but you picked a worst example. Unlike lagos, Enugu people give credit to those that helped improve their city. Go visit the Enugu thread, the indigenous of that state admitted that the Igbo population from other states helped make their state what it is today. Which is the truth.

lastly to addressed the whole Yoruba built lagos. Like i said before if such statement was true, we would have seen the same development in all SW states yet ironically it is not. To get what i mean, go back to uyo and calabar i made above. The states which belongs to Yoruba but have very little non-indigenous residing within in it is not even close to development of lagos. Until i start seeing a small pinch of lagos development in those states then i might actually believe the mantra una have been saying all over NL

One more thing: i repeat again go study who you are talking to. I careless whether lagos is one mans land, no mans land, chinese men land, sa land, whatever. I careless about Lagos. I don't even see it as a place worth arguing about hence the reason I'm not even shouting like you seem to be. I only spoke because i got annoyed with the whole "we developed, we developed" mantra when that sh1t is so far from reality. By the way, i noticed you ignored the azikiwe request. Smh, not surprised, lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by nku5: 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2012
MegaMan2020:

It's not hatred it's the truth. Which other tribe except the Igbos will live in other peoples lands by the million then try and claim it as their own? Can you imagine Yorubas or Hausas in Igboland trying to claim that dump Aba as their own and that it should be annexed from the East? Arrant nonsense!

You are just reinforcing my point that you are venting your hatred for no reasons related in any way to this thread. Infact I want to know which igbo man has ever come out to claim lagos as no mans land. Abeg show me
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
nku5:

You are just reinforcing my point that you are venting your hatred for no reasons related in any way to this thread. Infact I want to know which igbo man has ever come out to claim lagos as no mans land. Abeg show me

I bet you really "want to know" - yet you have been posting on nl since Aug. 2011... Not surprised, anyway - I've been on here long enough to know who the inbred whiners and pathetic blame-game players are - and absolutely not surprised that you're from the region... I still don't know if you lot feign ignorance; are naturally dumb; or just naturally tribalistic and are allergic to being objective... That nonsense irks a lot of people and it's either you change your ways, or get swept off by the wind of change...

It's also the same thing with Igbo parents out here - you go their house and once their kids tell them you're Yoruba, they'll start speaking Igbo and start acting funny... Everyone lives out here as Nigerians, however, Igbos live as Igbos!! Not even bothered about that nonsense. If I can co-exist with Ghanaians and their hatred for Nigerians - and Jamaicans and their innate hatred for Africans - co-existing with Igbos shouldn't be a problem as long as there's mutual respect...

So, since people from Lagos aren't claiming any part of your region - why can't you lot do the same and respect them?? Mutual respect, right??
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
olaheavy: This afamfornever and the rest of the Eastern cannibals will not cease to amaze us. These oloriburuku masanfaani ajeniyan were all rejoicing when Lagos was stripped of her status as the Capital of Nigeria. They all thought that would bring a reversal of fortune in Yorubaland, however, the yinminrin human eaters didn't and couldn't leave our Yorubaland. And, if anything, they actually intensified their illegal migration into our lands. But, I got a news for you cannibals - and it's not a pretty one: we'll soon start going boko haram on you stinking vultures from the East. No to the 'Indigenization Policy,' yes to the balkanization and shredding of Nigeria - possibly back to the former West, North, and 'East.' This Nigeria is surely not working with the human-flesh-eaters (the Igbos) included!
i*diot.

In fact you're even a f*ool. Will it favor or dis-favor you if lagos is made a separate region...free yourself from tribalism so you can reason properly.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Crayola1: 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2012
I will never understand the battle for this glorified dump. The only thing first class in Lagos are the first class mosquitoes that will bite your behind through the damn sheets in broad daylight.

I stayed in Lekki for most of my trip and didnt exprience any of the "magic" except long traffic, from the airport no less, touts at night, and even the then brand new mall the palms I only got to experience at the end of my trip (because of traffic) was lackluster it would be high standard for a mall in America circa 1970.

Please tell me what I am missing?

Next time i'll try Abuja.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
Buildings and structures on a land are superficial - the battle will always be about the ownership of the land...

Lagos is filthy and overpopulated - accepted...However, the indigenous people own the place - just stop creating threads about it and give the owners of Lagos a damn break, for crying out loud...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Crayola1: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
You can have Lagos I dont want am grin

Who volunteers to be a prisoner?

Lagos will get there one day, but today...no thank you angry
The angry mosquitoes reflect the attitudes of the owners grin
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
The landscape of Lagos will always be the best in Nigeria - Lagoon and the largest coastline - proud to be from there...

I don't really care about the structures - my beach home somewhere in Epe(the hometown) is the dream... cool

Lagos:

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2012
I put on for my city!! grin
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Crayola1: 8:32pm On Dec 06, 2012
Lol from afar cheesy
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
Epe boy!!! grin grin cool

My ancestors controlled that sea coast - brave hearts!!!

When I die, bury me with my ancestors!!! cool

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by nku5: 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx:

I bet you really "want to know" - yet you have been posting on nl since Aug. 2011... Not surprised, anyway - I've been on here long enough to know who the inbred whiners and pathetic blame-game players are - and absolutely not surprised that you're from the region... I still don't know if you lot feign ignorance; are naturally dumb; or just naturally tribalistic and are allergic to being objective... That nonsense irks a lot of people and it's either you change your ways, or get swept off by the wind of change...

It's also the same thing with Igbo parents out here - you go their house and once their kids tell them you're Yoruba, they'll start speaking Igbo and start acting funny... Everyone lives out here as Nigerians, however, Igbos live as Igbos!! Not even bothered about that nonsense. If I can co-exist with Ghanaians and their hatred for Nigerians - and Jamaicans and their innate hatred for Africans - co-existing with Igbos shouldn't be a problem as long as there's mutual respect...

So, since people from Lagos aren't claiming any part of your region - why can't you lot do the same and respect them?? Mutual respect, right??

You have the time to check up on my profile and type acres of text in response to my question but you still have nothing to answer my question with. Which igbo man or group have you read of or met that told you that igbos come from lagos or that lagos is a no mans land. Please don't quote nairalanders unless you want me to laugh until tomorrow morning
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
Crayola1: I will never understand the battle for this glorified dump. The only thing first class in Lagos are the first class mosquitoes that will bite your behind through the damn sheets in broad daylight.

I stayed in Lekki for most of my trip and didnt exprience any of the "magic" except long traffic, from the airport no less, touts at night, and even the then brand new mall the palms I only got to experience at the end of my trip (because of traffic) was lackluster it would be high standard for a mall in America circa 1970.

Please tell me what I am missing?

Next time i'll try Abuja.

Next time let me show you around and you can try my crib.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
One_Naira:

This is why i don't like commenting on threads like this. It's just going to me repeating the same thing cause the other person pretend he or she might or might not have gotten what you say or start speaking something irrelevant to the conversation. Smh.

You agreed that abuja was developed by the nation but you can't even have the courtesy of extending the notion to lagos. Smh. i can smell the double standard from far away . we ain't even talking about just oil but other factors as well. Smh. There absolutely no difference b/w Abuja and Lagos concerning who or what developed it. Similar to abuja, Lagos was developed by the national government
Similar to Abuja, Lagos develop itself using the taxes it collects from individuals residing within it. Which yet again constitute all nigerian ethnic group.

Now compared to these two, people of calabar built their city by themselves. Yes, similar to both Abuja and lagos, calabar got a head start in developing their city by the federal government but unlike both lagos and abuja, every taxes collected to develop that city since it lost its ground as capital of Nigeria came predominately from the indigenous. If they came on NL claiming they developed calabar, noone would deny them of that fact because it is the truth. If we take a look outside of calabar, we see the same development occurring in uyo.

Now idk how enugu got into this conversation, i think you were trying to get as much staunch to support yourself but you picked a worst example. Unlike lagos, Enugu people give credit to those that helped improve their city. Go visit the Enugu thread, the indigenous of that state admitted that the Igbo population from other states helped make their state what it is today. Which is the truth.

lastly to addressed the whole Yoruba built lagos. Like i said before if such statement was true, we would have seen the same development in all SW states yet ironically it is not. To get what i mean, go back to uyo and calabar i made above. The states which belongs to Yoruba but have very little non-indigenous residing within in it is not even close to development of lagos. Until i start seeing a small pinch of lagos development in those states then i might actually believe the mantra una have been saying all over NL

One more thing: i repeat again go study who you are talking to. I careless whether lagos is one mans land, no mans land, chinese men land, sa land, whatever. I careless about Lagos. I don't even see it as a place worth arguing about hence the reason I'm not even shouting like you seem to be. I only spoke because i got annoyed with the whole "we developed, we developed" mantra when that sh1t is so far from reality. By the way, i noticed you ignored the azikiwe request. Smh, not surprised, lol
correct man.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2012
Shymexx
Is either you know little or you're too bloated to face the truth.

I don't even have the energy for responsing to these mirages 'cause what happens on this site doesn't reflect or change the reality in nigeria.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Crayola1: 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2012
Aigbofa:

Next time let me show you around and you can try my crib.

See your life grin
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Abagworo(m): 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2012
You people are going off topic. Akhigbe did not say Lagos is not Yoruba land. He also did not make any statement on who developed it. He merely made a suggestion about Lagos and Abuja but tribalists have turned it to something else.

My question is why there is double standard when Igbos are involved either as protagonists or antagonists? Assuming it was Orji Kalu that made this statement, the whole country would have attacked and killed Igbos as land grabbers. Assuming Igbos were here to disagree with Anioma or Ikwerre being in South-south, they'd still call Igbos land grabbers. I just don't get it.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
nku5:
You have the time to check up on my profile and type acres of text in response to my question but you still have nothing to answer my question with. Which igbo man or group have you read of or met that told you that igbos come from lagos or that lagos is a no mans land. Please don't quote nairalanders unless you want me to laugh until tomorrow morning

Dude, I answered your question - and if you'd stop feigning ignorance, then you should be able to demystify from my reply...

I'll also provide some excerpts and links from people in Nigeria to prove that the claim isn't only a nl thing - just read between the lines without your usual igbocentric outlook...

Nigeria: Lagos Belongs to Yorubas Gani Adams Tells Igbos
Lagos — Leader of the militant faction of Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), Mr. Ganiyu Adams, has warned Igbos living in Lagos to stop agitation for governorship or deputy-governorship of the state, saying such agitations could hurt the peace of the state.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200206170961.html

^^^^If Igbos are not claiming Lagos, why are they agitating for governorship, or deputy-governorship of the state - when Yoruba people aren't agitating for the same thing in their region??

Igbo guy: Udoka Udeogaranya

He said the composition of the Lagos cabinet was in deference to the constitution and the 2006 census result conducted by the Lagos State government, which arrived at 17,553,924 as the correct figure for the state with the Yoruba community occupying about 47 per cent, Igbo 43 per cent, other Nigerians, nine per cent and foreigners, one per cent.
https://www.nairaland.com/725671/no-taxation-without-representation-igbos

^^^^Why is this Igbo guy(who's sadly the chairman of AFRICAN Renaissance Party (ARP)) making lousy and hyperbolic claims about Igbos making up 43% of the population of Lagos - when that isn't the case? - all in the name of trying to lord over the indigenous people of the state...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
centje: Shymexx
Is either you know little or you're too over bloated to face the truth.

I don't even have the energy for responsing to these mirages 'cause what happens on this site doesn't reflect or change the reality in nigeria.

The reality will always be that people are naturally territorial and respect is reciprocal... If what's attainable/reality in Nigeria is any different from what's being posted on this forum - Igbos wouldn't be vying for the governorship of the state and making up silly percentages about their population in the state...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
centje: correct man.
One_Naira:

I think I'm done here because I will have to repeat my self to someone with lack of comprehension! So you are telling me if Nigerians move to Enugu, pay taxes, develop Enugu, Enugu is now a no man's land? buhahahahahahah How you escaped that the federal govt paid for and helped secure loan for many of the projects in Cross River beats me. Which taxes from who? OIL MONEY FOOOL stop denying it!!

Go and pay taxes in London and say it's doesn't belong to the English anymore. You are so dunce I shouldn't be arguing with you. When Awolowo made Lagos the industrial hub for the western region, what was Asikwe doing? If Awolowo decided then to use Akure as our financial and industrial hub, yes we would have had the same effect in Akure!! Stop your nonsense rant. Trying to sound logical with ulterior motive is the easiest way to betray logic.

Which taxes? I said go pay taxes in London and say it doesn't belong to the English again!! Dunce!! I'm not shouting at you, it's in your head that voices are screaming..

Did Yorubas force anyone to come and live in Lagos? If you want to enjoy the benefit of living in Lagos you shouldn't pay taxes because Lagos belongs to the Yorubas? Why are so logically void? You don't make no sense bra..

And I said, why should Calabar be exempted? aren't there other ethnic groups living in Kaduna? Should Kaduna be a no man's land because they pay taxes in Kaduna too!!

They pay taxes in Kano and all ethnic groups in Nigeria are present in Kano; should Kano be a no man's land too?

Taxes are being paid by all ethnic groups present in Port Harcourt, should PH be a no man's land too?

Your logic is so flawed, you have no saying that makes sense to a reasonable person.

Is Lagos the only multi ethnic city in Nigeria? That it means since they pay taxes, it should be a "no man's land"?

I don't care who lives in Lagos either... Anybody is free to but defending a blasphemous claim is stupid if you ask me!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Abagworo(m): 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx:

The reality will always be that people are naturally territorial and respect is reciprocal... If what's attainable/reality in Nigeria is any different from what's being posted on this forum - Igbos wouldn't be vying for the governorship of the state and making up silly percentages about their population in the state...

But in my State of Imo we have not tribal restrictions. Every Nigerian is free to contest for any position provided you can win. If a Fashola or Adurodolorun thinks he can win Rochas in 2015 he's free to come and buy form and test his popularity. We ain't scared of nobody dominating us.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
Abagworo:

But in my State of Imo we have not tribal restrictions. Every Nigerian is free to contest for any position provided you can win. If a Fashola or Adurodolorun thinks he can win Rochas in 2015 he's free to come and buy form and test his popularity. We ain't scared of nobody dominating us.

Bwahahahahahaha

You mean the same state that sacked non-indigenes from the civil service, nah?? I doubt any non-indigene wants to live in your state - so you can keep your free-for-all to yourselves.. Even Chino and Odenigbo Aroli would rather die than live in Imo - and they're Igbos!! grin grin

Lagos isn't Imo - Lagos is Lagos!! grin
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Abagworo(m): 10:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx:

Bwahahahahahaha

You mean the same state that sacked non-indigenes from the civil service, nah?? I doubt any non-indigene wants to live in your state - so you can keep your free-for-all to yourselves.. Even Chino and Odenigbo Aroli would rather die than live in Imo - and they're Igbos!! grin grin

Lagos isn't Imo - Lagos is Lagos!! grin

Forget about those internet warriors. In reality Imo is a very beautiful State. It is the 3rd most densely populated State after Lagos and Anambra in Nigeria. It is also the most educationally developed State.

Visit http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2126

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by OneNaira6: 10:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
0lumide:

I think I'm done here because I will have to repeat my self to someone with lack of comprehension! So you are telling me if Nigerians move to Enugu, pay taxes, develop Enugu, Enugu is now a no man's land? buhahahahahahah How you escaped that the federal govt paid for and helped secure loan for many of the projects in Cross River beats me. Which taxes from who? OIL MONEY FOOOL stop denying it!!

Go and pay taxes in London and say it's doesn't belong to the English anymore. You are so dunce I shouldn't be arguing with you. When Awolowo made Lagos the industrial hub for the western region, what was Asikwe doing? If Awolowo decided then to use Akure as our financial and industrial hub, yes we would have had the same effect in Akure!! Stop your nonsense rant. Trying to sound logical with ulterior motive is the easiest way to betray logic.

Which taxes? I said go pay taxes in London and say it doesn't belong to the English again!! Dunce!! I'm not shouting at you, it's in your head that voices are screaming..

Did Yorubas force anyone to come and live in Lagos? If you want to enjoy the benefit of living in Lagos you shouldn't pay taxes because Lagos belongs to the Yorubas? Why are so logically void? You don't make no sense bra..

And I said, why should Calabar be exempted? aren't there other ethnic groups living in Kaduna? Should Kaduna be a no man's land because they pay taxes in Kaduna too!!

They pay taxes in Kano and all ethnic groups in Nigeria are present in Kano; should Kano be a no man's land too?

Taxes are being paid by all ethnic groups present in Port Harcourt, should PH be a no man's land too?

Your logic is so flawed, you have no saying that makes sense to a reasonable person.

Is Lagos the only multi ethnic city in Nigeria? That it means since they pay taxes, it should be a "no man's land"?

I don't care who lives in Lagos either... Anybody is free to but defending a blasphemous claim is stupid if you ask me!

Wow i don't think i would have made it simpler. Even after I mentioned about i think 3 times now the conversation is on "development" and nothing about "no mans land", this nigg@ is still unable to grasp it and still on the "no mans land". On top of that, not even making sense with the no mans land replies. Wow. I don't think i can make it simpler than outdly saying it. Dude do you even know what the conversation is on? Read your post, reread mine, read yours again and i ask yourself in what way is your post counter acts what i said? Aren't migrant taxes in uk, usa, etc not developing the city of whatever state they reside in or is there collected taxes heading to their native country? just out of curiosity. What way do you think you counteracted what i said?

Lastly, What the heck does taxes got to do with no mans land? There was even a huge disclaimer on the bottom addressing that just for you. All i can say is Wow. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. I don't even think you grasped what you read.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
Abagworo:
Forget about those internet warriors. In reality Imo is a very beautiful State. It is the 3rd most densely populated State after Lagos and Anambra in Nigeria. It is also the most educationally developed State.

I hear that... However, the indigenous people of Imo state also need to be protected, since Nigeria is a tribal society... It's your ancestral land, protect it for generations to come - so as not to regret it in future... Land is the most important thing on this planet apart from the air we breathe... See how hard the Palestinians, Aborigenes, Native Americans, Chagossians etc. are trying to get their lands back after losing them..

I don't have problems with people living anywhere in Nigeria(I can't live anywhere in Nigeria except Lagos and Calabar) - but we should learn to respect the hosts/indigenous people...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
One_Naira:

Wow i don't think i would have made it simpler. Even after I mentioned about i think 3 times now the conversation is on "development" and nothing about "no mans land", this nigg@ is still unable to grasp it and still on the "no mans land". On top of that, not even making sense with the no mans land replies. Wow. I don't think i can make it simpler than outdly saying it. Dude do you even know what the conversation is on? Read your post, reread mine, read yours again and i ask yourself in what way is your post counter acts what i said? Aren't migrant taxes in uk, usa, etc not developing the city of whatever state they reside in or is there collected taxes heading to their native country? just out of curiosity. What way do you think you counteracted what i said?

Lastly, What the heck does taxes got to do with no mans land? There was even a huge disclaimer on the bottom addressing that just for you. All i can say is Wow. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. I don't even think you grasped what you read.

You have been defeated, now you are trying to betray your premises to fit your logic?

Seriously, you ain't getting my attention no more. I don't argue with people that intentionally stay inarticulate just so to switch conclusion when they see fit. Orevoir!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by nku5: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
shymexx:

Dude, I answered your question - and if you'd stop feigning ignorance, then you should be able to demystify from my reply...

I'll also provide some excerpts and links from people in Nigeria to prove that the claim isn't only a nl thing - just read between the lines without your usual igbocentric outlook...

^^^^If Igbos are not claiming Lagos, why are they agitating for governorship, or deputy-governorship of the state - when Yoruba people aren't agitating for the same thing in their region??

^^^^Why is this Igbo guy(who's sadly the chairman of AFRICAN Renaissance Party (ARP)) making lousy and hyperbolic claims about Igbos making up 43% of the population of Lagos - when that isn't the case? - all in the name of trying to lord over the indigenous people of the state...

Kiddo I have a problem expending time and energy with attention hungry loafers who would rather sprint after their own tails like rabid dogs arguing over things they know nothing about and worst of all trying to sound intelligent and cool. I asked you if you met a group of igbos or any igbo who are trying to claim lagos as their state. True to idiotic type you scrambled like a circus ape to google and came up with gani adams warning against igbos clamouring for deputy governor position. Yes some igbos trying to play politics may have made a play to gain some clout but how does that translate to the generality of igbos eyeing lagos land and take it away from indigenous people.

Sadly that ARP guy and the host article was thrashed out mercilessly on this site and disowned by igbos and non-igbos on this site ages ago but predictably your schoolboy e-gang sense drove you to click your heels like you had found something ground breaking but guess what smallie it holds no water with sensible people, except little london boys who have never visited home and think ethnicity is the same as gang culture.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
nku5:
[s]Kiddo I have a problem expending time and energy with attention hungry loafers who would rather sprint after their own tails like rabid dogs arguing over things they know nothing about and worst of all trying to sound intelligent and cool. I asked you if you met a group of igbos or any igbo who are trying to claim lagos as their state. True to idiotic type you scrambled like a circus ape to google and came up with gani adams warning against igbos clamouring for deputy governor position. Yes some igbos trying to play politics may have made a play to gain some clout but how does that translate to the generality of igbos eyeing lagos land and take it away from indigenous people.

Sadly that ARP guy and the host article was thrashed out mercilessly on this site and disowned by igbos and non-igbos on this site ages ago but predictably your schoolboy e-gang sense drove you to click your heels like you had found something ground breaking but guess what smallie it holds no water with sensible people, except little london boys who have never visited home and think ethnicity is the same as gang culture.
[/s]

Rants of an ancient man whose mother would have swallowed up if giving blow-jobs were as popular in the 19th century as it's today; when he was conceived somewhere under a palm tree in his filthy village... If you're not ridiculously dumb and silly you would've posted a rebuttal rather than exhibit your Achebe-esque senility and bitterness - it's typical, anyway...

A fool at 40 is a fool forever - and if you're as foolish as you're at your age, I wonder what the rest of your sojourn on this planet will be like... You might as well take your own life - and save the planet another marauding senile prick... Fvck off and go play on the motorway, cu.nt!! undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Navy Handover Vessel, Boat With N11m Stolen Diesel To EFCC / 2019 Election: Magnus Abe’s Name Missing In Inec’s Rivers Guber List / 774,000 Special Jobs: Keyamo’s Office Not Known To Law — Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.