Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,048 members, 7,814,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe (12411 Views)

SW Get Least Amount Of Ministries Of All Regions / Mike Akhigbe Is Not Dead. / Mike Akhigbe Is Dead (Ex Vice President) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by gbadexy(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2012
I think he meant that lagos and abuja be made a buffer region since they are cosmopolitan in nature.
He proposes to make them no man's region so to speak.
Lagos wasn't part of the the old western region.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 9:53am On Dec 05, 2012
gbadexy: I think he meant that lagos and abuja be made a buffer region since they are cosmopolitan in nature.
You got it spot on.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
Who i'm i to remove Lagos and Abuja from the SW and NC respectively. I'm i the government?

u re not the Govt and i believe the govt is not thinking in that direction .....

But it seems u support mike's removal of Lag and Abj...from SW and NC resp......

Wharever, it's Nonsense,Ow k!!!!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 05, 2012
gbadexy: I think he meant that lagos and abuja be made a buffer region since they are cosmopolitan in nature.

what is Old western region or New western region.....

Nigerians create more problems than than we could solve....

The map of Nigeria,Lagos is located in Southwest Nigeria.....

i think that shd be ok 4 U!!!

Pls, can i ask u sth ?

Hmmm, why shd we have ''Buffer zone'' in Nigeria ?
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 10:05am On Dec 05, 2012
donroxy:

u re not the Govt and i believe the govt is not thinking in that direction .....

But it seems u support mike's removal of Lag and Abj...from SW and NC resp......

Wharever, it's Nonsense,Ow k!!!!

Everyone has got an opinion. If you think it's nonsense, someone else thinks it's not. Afterall back in the day Lagos was not part of the western region.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by NegroNtns(m): 10:10am On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
Everyone has got an opinion. If you think it's nonsense, someone else thinks it's not. Afterall back in the day Lagos was not part of the western region.

.Lagos might not be but....western region stretched to Warri. So free Lagos and return Warri to West.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:

Yeah, u re right!!

Lagos was never part of Old western region but it's within ''South-west'' Nigeria.....

Geography Bro
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 10:13am On Dec 05, 2012
donroxy:

Yeah, u re right!!

Lagos was never part of Old western region but it's within ''South-west'' Nigeria..... Geography Bro
Everything is not about geography else Republic of Benin will be part of Nigeria. Historic and social characteristics play a huge part in things like this.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by patanjaly: 10:14am On Dec 05, 2012
Southerners never fail to amaze me one day they will say make nigeria divide, another day they will say one nigeria. So which one u want make we believe. Mtswww.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 10:17am On Dec 05, 2012
patanjaly: Southerners never fail to amaze me one day they will say make nigeria divide, another day they will say one nigeria. So which one u want make we believe. Mtswww.
"Southerners" is not the name of a person. I can't remember them ever having a consensus on any issue. That's why the best bet is for us to be granted a National conference where we can discuss these issues.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
Everything is not about geography else Republic of Benin will be part of Nigeria. Historic and social characteristics play a huge part in things like this.

Historic and social xtics.............!!!

So, historic and social xtics is ur justification for the removal of lagos and Abj from SW and NC resp ? .......

Also, why shd Benin Republic be part of Nigeria.... Mayb another thread/topic 4 another day!!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2012
donroxy:

Historic and social xtics.............!!!

So, historic and social xtics is ur justification for the removal of lagos and Abj from SW and NC resp ? .......

Also, why shd Benin Republic be part of Nigeria.... Mayb another thread/topic 4 another day!!
Despite the fact that there are Yorubas in Benin Republic, their social idiosyncrasies are different from those in Nigeria. I also noticed that the spelling of their Yoruba names are often different from the Yorubas in Nigeria and that's because they were colonized by the French. That's the same way the Social idiosyncrasies of Lagos is different from those of the other SWestern states.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by victorD3: 10:31am On Dec 05, 2012
Abagworo:

IMHO I prefer merging Imo with Abia. Rivers back with Bayelsa. And Akwa-Ibom with Crossriver.

Dumbest idea in NL this year
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
Despite the fact that there are Yorubas in Benin Republic, their social idiosyncrasies are different from those in Nigeria. I also noticed that the spelling of their Yoruba names are often different from the Yorubas in Nigeria and that's because they were colonized by the French. That's the same way the Social idiosyncrasies of Lagos is different from those of the other SWestern states.

Bro,
u aint answering my questions from previous(above) post.....

So, the difference in social idiosyncrasies is the reason y lagos shd be pull-out of the SW Nigeria ?

Am jus tryn 2 stay on the Topic of the thread,bro!!!!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On Dec 05, 2012
donroxy:

Bro,
u aint answering my questions from previous(above) post.....

So, the difference in social idiosyncrasies is the reason y lagos shd be pull-out of the SW Nigeria ?

Am jus tryn 2 stay on the Topic of the thread,bro!!!!
It's one of the reasons...
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Biafrarep(m): 10:41am On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva: I saw an interview of Mike Akigbe who was a one time governor of Lagos and Ondo state and also a Chief of staff of former head of state Abacha on AIT this morning as he addressed various issues bothering the polity.

He was asked what he felt about the clamor of state creation and he explicitly objected the idea that more states should be created and he made some valid points. He instead advocated for regionalism which several other people have advocated for. But his own twist is that the six geo-political zones should be regions but that Lagos and Abuja should be made separate regions thereby making it 8 regions instead of six.

What do you guys think about this? Do you think this two cities should be separated from the SW and the NC regions?
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Biafrarep(m): 10:43am On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva: I saw an interview of Mike Akigbe who was a one time governor of Lagos and Ondo state and also a Chief of staff of former head of state Abacha on AIT this morning as he addressed various issues bothering the polity.

He was asked what he felt about the clamor of state creation and he explicitly objected the idea that more states should be created and he made some valid points. He instead advocated for regionalism which several other people have advocated for. But his own twist is that the six geo-political zones should be regions but that Lagos and Abuja should be made separate regions thereby making it 8 regions instead of six.

What do you guys think about this? Do you think this two cities should be separated from the SW and the NC regions?
This man, just like Alex Ekwueme, is a genius! This is the best formula for Nigeria, collapse the states into six regions with Lagos and Abuja as separate regions making a total of eight regions. As the former capital of Nigeria, Lagos was built with our commonwealth(Oil) and collective efforts of its people irrespective of ethnic affiliation or creed, Same with Abuja. The only snag i forsee is the Yorubas who myopically covet Lagos as if it belongs to them. Kudos to Akigbe, this is the panacea to Nigeria's lack of development.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
It's one of the reasons...

hmmm.... What re the social idosyncracies that distinguish lagos from the rest of southwest so much that it worth being pulled of the (SW) region!!!

Kindly name other reasons since ''diff in social idiosyn.... Is one of ur reasons ?

Thats 2 questions ,bro!!!!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Abagworo(m): 11:00am On Dec 05, 2012
What I have failed to understand is why some people are so keen on the status of Lagos. I believe we can all survive on our own but I prefer Nigeria to all these tiny units. Ogun does not need Lagos to survive just like Imo(my State) does not need Rivers to survive. Infact Imo and Ogun States as distinct countries will probably be the fastest to develop if we divide Nigeria by States.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 05, 2012
Biafra rep: This man, just like Alex Ekwueme, is a genius! This is the best formula for Nigeria, collapse the states into six regions with Lagos and Abuja as separate regions making a total of eight regions. As the former capital of Nigeria, Lagos was built with our commonwealth(Oil) and collective efforts of its people irrespective of ethnic affiliation or creed, Same with Abuja. The only snag i forsee is the Yorubas who myopically covet Lagos as if it belongs to them. Kudos to Akigbe, this is the panacea to Nigeria's lack of development.
You cannot covet what belongs to you. Anyway, it will take more than empty rhetorics to make this dumb idea a reality. For those of you who kept saying Lagos was not part of old Western Region, you are partially right. Only a small part of Lagos was the Capital of Nigeria, the rest was indeed part of the Western Region, why would Awo build industrial estates in Ikeja if it wasn't part of his region?
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Donmeca(m): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2012
PointB: I support the idea of 6 regions.

As for Lagos and Abuja having regional status, I don't know the basis. I rather the Lagos like Abuja be declared federal territory and an Administrator/Minister be appointed to effectively manage it.

The same thing d man said in d interview conducted in his London home: Make Lagos and Abuja Federal Territories cos of their current make-up and being recent and current seats of power.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by olaheavy: 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
Walahi talahi, this guy is the sickest Nigerian alive! This human-eating Igbo is dangerously fixated with the Yorubaland - especially Lagos. I know the fool wishes he were born a Yoruba. I mean, why is he always talking about Lagos, Lagos, Lagos? Damn yoi, cannibal!
This @gbadesky goon is atrocious to say the least. Talking about 'Lagos' not being part of the 'old Western Region' one would think you iiidiots knew what they were yapping. Let me educate you Eastern usurpers and their Igbo-loving Western apologists. The so-called 'old West' had its border at Palm Grove. So, in essence, everything from Fadeyi, Yaba, Ebute Meta-Oyingbo-Costain, to Ebute Ero, Idumagbo to the whole of Lagos Island proper to Ahmadu Bello Way via Bonny Camp, all the way to Mequime Bridge were allvparts of what was known then as Lagos Province. Although Ikoyi was in the Lagos Province, however, part oc the Victoria Island such as Maroko proper, Epe, Ajah, Ikorodu, badagry were all in the "old Western Region.'' Now, let's go back to the 'mainland' - everything from Palm G. to Mushin, Oshodi, Apapa-Ajegunle (although the water parts of Apapa belonged to Lagos Province) to the whole of Ikeja, Agege, Idimu, Alaba, Isolo, Abule Egba all the way to Toll Gate were all in Western Region. So, which 'Lagos' are you dunces now talking about? Now, go to the Secretariat in Ibadan and visit the archives - most of the files from the former Wester Region still carry addresses like ''.....Ikeja, Ibadan'' since Ibadan was the seat of the government then. Please, Igbos should know better not transgress otherwise we'd nip you in the bud!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by tobnical(m): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
Neoviper147:

I am not an ibo...but you are a big full. Yorubas are the most tribalistic bastards on earth...idiota
You are too wrong..........................................
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by tobnical(m): 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sealeddeal: The reason why the West dont like division of nigeria is because,the East region has not included them in their plan.if the easterners should start now to talk of Southern entity instead of Biafra/Niger delta,the west will quickly accept the strategy.who is not tired of nigeria?
i think you are right.............................
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by cjrane: 12:33pm On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva:
What do Lagos and Abuja have in common?

Lagos and Abuja are the capitals of Nigeria. Developed from the national purse not regional money.Therefore, they should remain federal territories not belong to any particular region
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
Why should Lagos be made a separate region?? angry

The people from Lagos want to be part of the SW - stop this nonsense!! undecided
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by gudugudumeje: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2012
Yorubas should be ready to stop all those who are to steal our lands from us, including the sea. DOLE!- a must do is to stop them.....
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
olaheavy:
Walahi talahi, this guy is the sickest Nigerian alive! This human-eating Igbo is dangerously fixated with the Yorubaland - especially Lagos. I know the fool wishes he were born a Yoruba. I mean, why is he always talking about Lagos, Lagos, Lagos? Damn yoi, cannibal!
This @gbadesky goon is atrocious to say the least. Talking about 'Lagos' not being part of the 'old Western Region' one would think you iiidiots knew what they were yapping. Let me educate you Eastern usurpers and their Igbo-loving Western apologists. The so-called 'old West' had its border at Palm Grove. So, in essence, everything from Fadeyi, Yaba, Ebute Meta-Oyingbo-Costain, to Ebute Ero, Idumagbo to the whole of Lagos Island proper to Ahmadu Bello Way via Bonny Camp, all the way to Mequime Bridge were allvparts of what was known then as Lagos Province. Although Ikoyi was in the Lagos Province, however, part oc the Victoria Island such as Maroko proper, Epe, Ajah, Ikorodu, badagry were all in the "old Western Region.'' Now, let's go back to the 'mainland' - everything from Palm G. to Mushin, Oshodi, Apapa-Ajegunle (although the water parts of Apapa belonged to Lagos Province) to the whole of Ikeja, Agege, Idimu, Alaba, Isolo, Abule Egba all the way to Toll Gate were all in Western Region. So, which 'Lagos' are you dunces now talking about? Now, go to the Secretariat in Ibadan and visit the archives - most of the files from the former Wester Region still carry addresses like ''.....Ikeja, Ibadan'' since Ibadan was the seat of the government then. Please, Igbos should know better not transgress otherwise we'd nip you in the bud!

Afam4ever,

i think u shd react to this post if u can pardon the Tribal jargon in it cuz it states so many parts of lagos that were present in ''Old western region''
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
This Abagworo guy has to be the dumbest and most re.tarded poster on nl...

Grow upgrade your IQ and stop posting on this forum till further notice - prick!!
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by olaheavy: 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
cjrane:

Lagos and Abuja are the capitals of Nigeria. Developed from the national purse not regional money.Therefore, they should remain federal territories not belong to any particular region
Didn't we just show you how a very small portion belonged to the old Lagos Province while the larger parts were controlled and governed by the West? The fact is still there that, of the three regions: West, North and East, ours was the richest, most successful, most popular in the whole of Africa. I'm talking about a period when everything first in terms of development anywhere in Africa happened in the Western Region! Even the Malaysian govt. sent emissaries to learn the economic ropes from us. Did the govt. do any of those firsts in achievement for us? Heck no! Our Western Commonwealth, which was mainly through cocoa and other cash crops, was tapped into by the Sage, Awolowo. After the war, when the oil now boomed, one dumb economist by the name of Udoji couldn't think of any useful national projects to use the windfalls from the boom - alas! he simply shared the monies (I mean sharing liquid cash) among Nigerians! So, next time you Easterners want to boast that you are better in commerce and economics - you ain't shiiit but a cowdung! You parasitic dumbo elephants from the accursed East.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Afam4eva(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
donroxy:

Afam4ever,

i think u shd react to this post if u can pardon the Tribal jargon!!
The point he's trying to make is that the capital did not include Lagos Mainland. I think we've exhausted this topic before. If Lagos mainland was not part of the capital do we also say other parts of Abuja apart from where Aso Rock is situated is not part of the nation's capital?
Re: Lagos And Abuja Should Be Made Seperate Regions - Mike Akhigbe by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2012

Are you feigning ignorance, or just naturally dumb??

WTH is buffer region?? Buffer against what - the sea?? smfdh

You have never posted anything worth reading, anyway... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Yahoo Boys Caught Hiding A Girl For Rituals Purpose (photos) / FEC Approves Bill To Increase Retirement Age And Years Of Service For Teachers / NPA investigation: Buhari approves Panel Of Inquiry As Usman Steps Aside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.