Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,777 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:02 AM

Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (33656 Views)

Christians- Do You Follow Your Pastors Teachings? / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Wives And Women : Stop Worshiping Your Pastor - A must read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by garrigangster: 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
stagger: Ha hahahahahaha!

Of all people, na this Ibu I go listen to? God forbid bad thing!

Ibu, you are presently living in adultery! What did the bible say about a man that divorces his wife and marries another while the wife is yet living?

A CANDIDATE OF HELL GIVING ADVICE ON CHRISTIAN MATTERS! Nonsense!
Pastor Chris Okotie and many of your men of God are divorcees. So
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by pat077: 3:39pm On Dec 05, 2012
salafiyy: DOGMATISM AND BRAIN WASHTED...I AM PROUD TO BE A MUSLIM...
u shld also be proud of being a potential terrorist.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by oses4u(m): 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
stagger: Ha hahahahahaha!

Of all people, na this Ibu I go listen to? God forbid bad thing!

Ibu, you are presently living in adultery! What did the bible say about a man that divorces his wife and marries another while the wife is yet living?

A CANDIDATE OF HELL GIVING ADVICE ON CHRISTIAN MATTERS! Nonsense!
pastor chris okotie has done same so don't cover the issue with that. Truth must be heard. Mr ibu endorsed
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by akagaba(f): 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2012
stagger:

1) I pay tithes AND I give MASSIVELY to not just the needy but to the destitute and all who are associated with me. I have always paid my workers a 13th month, give them rice, chicken and a box of Indomie for as long as I can remember. I give out clothes to my gatemen as their inheritance (non-negotiable). Every December I go home, there are families who are fed three times a day from my house. And guess what? My money continues to enlarge! Telling me to stop paying tithes is not going to work because I have proved that scripture and it works! I have a colleague who argues against tithes and still can afford to spend hundreds of thousands of naira on women. He will go to hell if he continues and I have told him so severally.

2) John Okafor as far as I know, divorced his first wife and is living with another woman. THAT IS CLEAR CUT ADULTERY and he is on his way to hell. God says, I know my sheep and My sheep know Me. John quoting Jesus in his post is a noisemaker. He is very far from God as long as he lives with that strange woman.

3) A bishop must be the husband of one wife (1 Timothy 3 verse 2). It is for this reason that I can NEVER be a part of Kris Okoite's church because he has flouted God's law on this issue. Good for him that he has withdrawn himself from that adulterous relationship, but the moment he goes on to marry another woman again, he will be judged by God himself based on the bible he preaches from. I am in Winners and my spiritual fathers are husbands of one wife! So saying "my pastors" is a total lie. Kris Okotie is not my pastor. For the same reason, I stopped listening to Paula Whyte and I stopped giving to her ministry long ago.

God's word is clear on a lot of issues.
Thank u my broda, God bles u bountifully, im a proud Christ Ambassador and in our just concluded ippc, my pastor stated emphaticaly dat thos who divorce their spouse do wat God hates becaus God says dat He hates divorce and he warned us against it seriously. By d way, mr. Ibu and al his supporters here ar just sufferin frm " poverty mentality". No wonda hosea 4 vs 6 says "my peopl perish 4lack of knowledge" They ar al expresin their emptines and daftines, and al i can say is "im sori 4them"
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by danikik7: 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
Most men of God have cross the line and most Christian are now using their tongue to count their teeth.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by mko2005: 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
Those who do not tithe are happy with this one ! Small churches that lack the presence of the holy spirit will also be glad with this one saying;enough with this big churches self ! Ignorant Roman catholics will be happy becos it's against the pentecostal pastors.Muslims will laugh out loud at christians generally saying Allahu Akbau ! Atheist will say;i tell you religion is a sham !Then pentecostals who lack the presence of the holy spirit will give a nod to anything they hear whether it contradicts the word or not. Then baby christians will be confused by now not knowing what to do next.And the devil will be very very happy that things are this way and that he is using all available medium to bring down the children of the MOST HIGH ! But i tell everyone of you,that for the fact that we have fake prophets does not mean that there are no real and true prophets.Hold on to that scripturall beleive of your for Christ cometh quickly !

5 Likes

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by stagger: 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2012
yinkuse: Can u pls assist a sister that is urgently in need of a job?

I recently helped some people get work in one of the new Federal universities, but recruitments there have ended.
What skills does she have and where does she want to work?

That will help me know how to approach her issue. Let us start from there.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by stagger: 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
garri_gangster:
Pastor Chris Okotie and many of your men of God are divorcees. So

And so God will deal with them according to His word which clearly stipulates that bishops should be married to one woman (1 Timnothy 3 verse 2). Pastors who flout laws adultery are not immune from anything, and you will do well not to copy their example.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by mko2005: 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
N_girl: What does this have to do with the topic.. We're discussing foolish people and their greedy pastors and you're here preaching....na wa o!
What do you know about foolish people and greedy pastors ? Scrutinize urself from the inside b4 you contradict what is good and godly going by the scriptures.
God bless us
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by odehaj: 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
Listening to Mr Ibu or whatever u call him is like ignorance leading ignorance, mumu leading mumu,stupidity leading stupidity, blind leading d blind.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by PastorOla1: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2012
May God forgive him for he does not know what he is doing or saying.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Blueboy0402: 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
I thought Mr Ibu is synonymous with stupidity and foolishness man? I never knew he has a good head on his shoulders. Well said Mr Ibu.

1 Like

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by mko2005: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
ik d pal!:
hmmmmm! i talkd abt ths rada ppl calld me anti-k wel, very soon ppl wll no longa b blind....imagin d way ppl strugl 2 respect God bt d so calld see it an advantag 2 xtort moni 4rm dis poor, hungry ppl.
Where did you get this mentality from that pple who truely worship God are hungry ?
God bless us
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by mko2005: 3:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
Table Leg :

Are you worshipping your pastor?
I'm still searching for the book in the scripture that says we should worship our pastors ! Or do true Christians tell u that they worship their pastors ? Becos the way we confidently tell ppl that they are worshiping their pastors still baffles me !
God bless us
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by mko2005: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I have to agree with Mr. Ibu (John Okafor) on this one. The average Nigerian christian worships their pastor unfortunately. If most Nigerian Christians revere God like they revere their pastors, Nigeria as a country would be a much better place. Corruption will barely exist.
Did this average Nigerian christian truel opened up to u that they worship their pastors ? Or could it be that we think that's what they do ?
God bless us
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Kx: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
For this alone, I make bold to say that Mr. Ibu is my man of the year.

Someone need to speak the truth.

What we see in most churches of today is what Christ came to correct not to uphold.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by sarutobie(m): 4:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
m.k.o2005:
Those who do not tithe are happy with this one ! Small churches that lack the presence of the holy spirit will also be glad with this one saying;enough with this big churches self ! Ignorant Roman catholics will be happy becos it's against the pentecostal pastors.Muslims will laugh out loud at christians generally saying Allahu Akbau ! Atheist will say;i tell you religion is a sham !Then pentecostals who lack the presence of the holy spirit will give a nod to anything they hear whether it contradicts the word or not. Then baby christians will be confused by now not knowing what to do next.And the devil will be very very happy that things are this way and that he is using all available medium to bring down the children of the MOST HIGH ! But i tell everyone of you,that for the fact that we have fake prophets does not mean that there are no real and true prophets.Hold on to that scripturall beleive of your for Christ cometh quickly !
You spoke my mind completely..these days I just shake my head in pity at the gullibility of many 'christains'..they would even ignorantly applaud the talks of heathens among them..I tell you the truth,any christain who doesn't seek God diligently AND study the bible on his/her own will be decieved..

2 Likes

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by mko2005: 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
DanielNoble: I Just realise that everybody in Nigeria is waiting for the opportunity to insult pastors,they will do it at every given chance. Have any church ever asked for gate fee before you enter the church? Giving is solely your decision.nobody is forced!!!
They can talk and change a government,they can talk and change an existing economic policy BUT FOR SURE THEY CAN TALK FOR THE WORD OF GOD TO BE CHANGED ! And if you talk too much,you can bring a curse upon urself. Pls leave this issues for that is the scripture fulfilling itself !
God bless us
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by mko2005: 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
omocheche: So Ibu get this can sense? na wao.
It takes a fool to please God ! Wen ever u appear to be foolish b4 God,then HE will make u wise among the heavenly bodies.But if u choose to be wise before God,u will be the most miserable and foolish being among d heavenly beings. I thot Ibu was foolish in movies and in true life scenarios,but i was wrong u know becos he has just come out to let us know that he is very very wise wen it comes to the things of God ! There are positive and negative foolishness !
ANY ONE WHO IS FOOLISH B4 GOD,is bin positively foolish.Bin negatively foolish is wen you try to appear wise with the things of God.
No wonder my bible said; 'A FOOL HAS SAID IN HIS HEART THAT THERE IS NO GOD'- this is negative foolishness !
God bless us
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by alexis(m): 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2012
There is common sense in what Mr. IBU said, I don't see why it became a heated religious discussion about marriage and tithing smiley. That been said, a lot of churches need to be transparent about their financial affairs which is lacking. Without transparency, there will be alot of personal interpretation which is evident on this thread.

Also, most "Christians" should study not just read and recite the bible but study and be well rounded and grounded in Biblical principles to discern when something is questionable even if it is coming from their pastors, leaders etc.

1 Like

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by TableLeg(m): 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
Pastor Ola: May God forgive him for he does not know what he is doing or saying.
Fake pastor i understand your plight .... I hope you are not one of the ones that feed fat on tithes, offerings and such ... That is even if you are fat!
It is high time people realise the likes of you, if you are indeed a pastor, do not deserve to be worshipped
There is nothing different between me and you as a pastor, absolutely nothing at all!

3 Likes

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by akagaba(f): 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
Surjman:

if no b say u no get sense.na him shortcoming u dey talk of.him dey tell u tru talk,u dey castigate am.which of dis pastors,no matter d kind saint wey dem be neva commit sin today.can u stand by anyone.just listen n try to follow d gud teachings of d messenger.noffin concern u with him life style so far say na concrete n trutful word of God him dey deliver to u.jero judge.abi u get ur own hell or paradise wey u go put
U too wetin concern u wit ths them pastor lifestyle, abi u dey see their members dey complain? Can a broke church buy a jet 4their pastor? If they wer poor men like u, then 4fit buy jet 4their pastor? Wetin dey pepper una mouth 4ths nairaland, as una sef dey make noise 4here, ths churches dey record a minimum of 1000 1st timers evry sunday, so una no fit see say una be noisemaker? U jst dey walk up urslf in vain.. If u say u no wan pay tithe, so? Who dey ask u 4 ur tear tear N5.00 wey u tif 4market sef? Dem happy as their pastor fly jet so wetin be ur bad belle 4 here. Poverty na e dey wori u sef. Ole.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by mko2005: 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2012
sarutobie:
You spoke my mind completely..these days I just shake my head in pity at the gullibility of many 'christains'..they would even ignorantly applaud the talks of heathens among them..I tell you the truth,any christain who doesn't seek God diligently AND study the bible on his/her own will be decieved..
The word of God said that on the last days,the love of God for many will wax cold !
God bless us
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by TableLeg(m): 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2012
stagger:
I recently helped some people get work in one of the new Federal universities, but recruitments there have ended.
What skills does she have and where does she want to work?

That will help me know how to approach her issue. Let us start from there.
Can you ask your pastor to put her in charge of accounting for all the money that comes in and out of the church?
I bet your pastor will refuse flatly!

3 Likes

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by akagaba(f): 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
lynpetra: @op.Mr Ibu just made me llike him even more for this!Always tot he was a complete jerk grin grin grin ;Dnow i know berra kiss
U ar sufferin frm ignorance and poverty mentality. Birds of d same feather flock 2gether... Mumu.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by akagaba(f): 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
N_girl: This is not just about giving advice on a christian matter, this is a logical fact that any normal right thinking sensible human being should know... unfortunately some people are just too mumuish....
U ar super mumuish.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
u are giving indomie to the hungry,feeding the poor....giving clothes and all those things and more and its doubled...blah blah blah blah.Oga my bible sateds that we shud do ur good deeds hidden so that God's providence will come also unnoticed.If u think u ve done enuf as a philanthropist,dont preach it out!People has done quite enough and they are yet to writ a book about it!I think u are mentally impoverish in this case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? / All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters / Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.