Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu (33315 Views)

Christians- Do You Follow Your Pastors Teachings? / Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Wives And Women : Stop Worshiping Your Pastor - A must read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by ganzydon(m): 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
Demain_man: Nice One! Nice one! Nice one. Someone should make this into a banner and place in every street in that Nigeria. Gullibility is the worst disease ravaging nigerians today. Young, Old, Educated and illitrates. Leaders and Followers alike!!
i agree we should have a big banner with this

1 Like

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
[quote
author=duality]@OP,

you do well. but may i ask you. are you prepared for heaven? if you die
today are you sure to make heaven? I think the answer to this question
should bother you the most.[/quote] What does this have to do with the topic.. We're discussing foolish people and their greedy pastors and you're here preaching....na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Cdspencer(m): 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2012
sensible word from a confirmed kolomental nigga. mr ibu, na you biko!
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by manny4life(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
stagger:

1) I pay tithes AND I give MASSIVELY to not just the needy but to the destitute and all who are associated with me. I have always paid my workers a 13th month, give them rice, chicken and a box of Indomie for as long as I can remember. I give out clothes to my gatemen as their inheritance (non-negotiable). Every December I go home, there are families who are fed three times a day from my house. And guess what? My money continues to enlarge! Telling me to stop paying tithes is not going to work because I have proved that scripture and it works! I have a colleague who argues against tithes and still can afford to spend hundreds of thousands of naira on women. He will go to hell if he continues and I have told him so severally.

2) John Okafor as far as I know, divorced his first wife and is living with another woman. THAT IS CLEAR CUT ADULTERY and he is on his way to hell. God says, I know my sheep and My sheep know Me. John quoting Jesus in his post is a noisemaker. He is very far from God as long as he lives with that strange woman.

3) A bishop must be the husband of one wife (1 Timothy 3 verse 2). It is for this reason that I can NEVER be a part of Kris Okoite's church because he has flouted God's law on this issue. Good for him that he has withdrawn himself from that adulterous relationship, but the moment he goes on to marry another woman again, he will be judged by God himself based on the bible he preaches from. I am in Winners and my spiritual fathers are husbands of one wife! So saying "my pastors" is a total lie. Kris Okotie is not my pastor. For the same reason, I stopped listening to Paula Whyte and I stopped giving to her ministry long ago.

God's word is clear on a lot of issues.

I believe the issue of tithes has been argued over with, however with regard to

1. Tithes are giving 1/10th of your earning to the church. The question remains, how do you define church? A place of worship? If that's your definition, hospital have churches, motherless homes have churches, I mean, you can give your tithes there. Bottom line for me, I wouldn't give my tithes to the greedy churches, but to "place of worship" who desire it the most, as long as I'm fulfilling the 1/10th of commanded offering.

2. Again, he divorced his wife, was Jesus Christ, God or should I say the Bible against divorce? So please, how is this a clear cut sin? The Bible could have stated that adultery is cheating, lusting, sexual fornication against your "lawful mate". The Bible had several definitions of adultery "including those who divorce their wife" so in your view, how did the Bible define "ADULTERY"?

3. Again, till you define what adultery is, till then, let's just postpone this argument.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2012
Mr Ibu isnt the only Nigeria that has and is committing adultery my friend!Sin na Sin weda big or small!Speaking in tongues wen u are not in de spirit nko?our pastors do it all the time.Spitting out stinking saliva to bunch of mumulistic congregation. angry

3 Likes

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by yinkuse: 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2012
Can u pls assist a sister that is urgently in need of a job?

stagger:

1) I pay tithes AND I give MASSIVELY to not just the needy but to the destitute and all who are associated with me. I have always paid my workers a 13th month, give them rice, chicken and a box of Indomie for as long as I can remember. I give out clothes to my gatemen as their inheritance (non-negotiable). Every December I go home, there are families who are fed three times a day from my house. And guess what? My money continues to enlarge! Telling me to stop paying tithes is not going to work because I have proved that scripture and it works! I have a colleague who argues against tithes and still can afford to spend hundreds of thousands of naira on women. He will go to hell if he continues and I have told him so severally.

2) John Okafor as far as I know, divorced his first wife and is living with another woman. THAT IS CLEAR CUT ADULTERY and he is on his way to hell. God says, I know my sheep and My sheep know Me. John quoting Jesus in his post is a noisemaker. He is very far from God as long as he lives with that strange woman.

3) A bishop must be the husband of one wife (1 Timothy 3 verse 2). It is for this reason that I can NEVER be a part of Kris Okoite's church because he has flouted God's law on this issue. Good for him that he has withdrawn himself from that adulterous relationship, but the moment he goes on to marry another woman again, he will be judged by God himself based on the bible he preaches from. I am in Winners and my spiritual fathers are husbands of one wife! So saying "my pastors" is a total lie. Kris Okotie is not my pastor. For the same reason, I stopped listening to Paula Whyte and I stopped giving to her ministry long ago.

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by TableLeg(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
Cdspencer: sensible word from a confirmed kolomental nigga. mr ibu, na you biko!
Are you worshipping your pastor?
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by asiwaju2000(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
True talk
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by snthesis(m): 2:53pm On Dec 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Who told you god needs money?

smh
Money is a channel, and duh! it isnt for God
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by israel007: 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
Oya come run for presidency, we go vote you
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2012
snthesis:
Money is a channel, and duh! it isnt for God

Lies

2 Likes

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Kaggs2003: 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
salafiyy: DOGMATISM AND BRAIN WASHTED...I AM PROUD TO BE A MUSLIM...
And so guddem wat!
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by TableLeg(m): 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2012
stagger:

How do you know if someone is going to hell or not?
Are you God?
Anyway goodluck to enriching your pastors pocket.... I hope you are not already bowing down and saying prayers in his name!

3 Likes

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by ilenaira: 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2012
Same shi.t different name!. wink
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Navalsadiq(m): 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
be careful when you criticize a man of GOD.weather they use money from offering to buy jets and lot more just fufill your righteous life as a christian.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by snthesis(m): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2012
prince_onx:
Which/what acts? Like not giving a beggar N100 because am saving my N5000 naira for tithe? Bros make you shine your eyes abeg!
dats d daft part. If u can give God (seemingly unseen) 5K then if ur intention is truly good, u wudnt find it difficult helping ur fellow man, but the truth is most ppl obey not out of love of God, but greed/coercion/selfish interest (hoping God will double or triple it)and whoever does this only cheats him/herself cos God knws ur heart.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by ikdpal(m): 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
hmmmmm! i talkd abt ths rada ppl calld me anti-k wel, very soon ppl wll no longa b blind....imagin d way ppl strugl 2 respect God bt d so calld see it an advantag 2 xtort moni 4rm dis poor, hungry ppl.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Napolitano(m): 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2012
One of the best things I've read in a long time from an Actor

1 Like

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by snthesis(m): 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lies
ok, bring out the money in ur pocket and start eating it, hope it tastes good?
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by achi4u(m): 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2012
lynpetra: u can imagine a pastor owning private jets while several Nigerians are living in abject poverty!!!A lot of wealthy Nigerians are greedy and dwell so much on earthly things including our so called pastors!Nonsence!!!Christian Universities are built only for the rich while the poor congregation spend their last kobo renovating it.Infact,what happens to building hospitals instead of schools?Business men pastors! angry angry angry angry angry angry
lolgringrin CORRECT
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 05, 2012
snthesis:
ok, bring out the money in ur pocket and start eating it, hope it tastes good?

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by snthesis(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by 2HASUM(m): 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2012
Over 2000 years ago, Jesus of Nazareth, King of The Jews died 'pro bono' for their sins before he attained the age of 35 i suppose, yet the pastors alias Daddies of today touting "Jesus is Lord" won't forgive them the sin of failing to pay up their tithe, in fact risk a curse regardless of the source of their income, Dialectical Materialism Pol. Sc 101

1 Like

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Dee60: 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
There are more than 20,000 pastors in this country, some working in villages without light, yet all manner of aspersions are now being cast on pastors.

It is not good to generalize.

That are few women who practice love peddling, does that mean that all women are prostitutes?
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by chiswaggs: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
Hello, please if becoming a pastor is such a 'lucrative business' why not leave your job and become one. Why do you just sit back and hate? You can as well open your own 'business'
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
well wen u see bad thing talk,thats not criticism o.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by gratiaeo(m): 3:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
Waiting de do this man sef na now way i want become pastor he de spoil the whole show? Fufiakwa i must make am this Xmas.......
Na now way i want do life insurance program for those traveling 4 Xmas eh kwa?
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by chiswaggs: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
The way they insult pastors in this part of the world, it takes heart to become a pastor
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by on3simus: 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2012
stagger: Ha hahahahahaha!

Of all people, na this Ibu I go listen to? God forbid bad thing!

Ibu, you are presently living in adultery! What did the bible say about a man that divorces his wife and marries another while the wife is yet living?

A CANDIDATE OF HELL GIVING ADVICE ON CHRISTIAN MATTERS! Nonsense!

Two-faced Christians! When will you take your mask off?

1 Like

Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by omocheche(f): 3:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
So Ibu get this can sense? na wao.
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by DanielNoble(m): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
I Just realise that everybody in Nigeria is waiting for the opportunity to insult pastors,they will do it at every given chance. Have any church ever asked for gate fee before you enter the church? Giving is solely your decision.nobody is forced!!!
Re: Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu by dasparrow: 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2012
@Post

I have to agree with Mr. Ibu (John Okafor) on this one. The average Nigerian christian worships their pastor unfortunately. If most Nigerian Christians revere God like they revere their pastors, Nigeria as a country would be a much better place. Corruption will barely exist.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Valerian Okeke Builds House For Physically Challenged Girl In Nteje, Anambra / Is 3 O'Clock The Most Effective Hour To Pray?? / As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.