Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 (20200 Views)

What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? / Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize / Shocking Predictions By Primate Elijah Ayodele For 2012/2013... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by vanbonattel: 1:23am On Dec 20, 2012
Till I come back then.....

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 20, 2012
van bonattel:

Common gerrout, read the reply first, Yoruba mumu

You're an unrepentant tribalist... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 20, 2012
This thread is quite funny... grin

Achebe is overrated and he's a tribalist - let's leave the old man alone and get along...

The youths are the future of Nigeria - one Nigeria... wink

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 20, 2012
Baby mama and verbosity - who the fvck wants to read all the verbose shiit you post everyday??

Damn!! Your baby-father must be bored of you by now (no pun intended)... grin

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 20, 2012
hypeman: This thread is quite funny... grin

Achebe is overrated and he's a tribalist - let's leave the old alone and get along...

The youths are the future of Nigeria - one Nigeria... wink

Yes a tribalist because he spoke truth
The same truth that Yorubas and Ijaws and others collaborated
A tribalist that gave his daughters hand in marriage to a Dosunmu

Everyone outside the herd Yoruba mentality is a tribalist and hated

Akintola and Awolowo did not see eye to eye,Akintola became a leper
Awo was UPN,Abiola and Akinjide and those who joined NPN became lepers,the same reason why Abiola was eventually sold to be killed
OBJ is a leper because he is PDP not ACN,the tribal gang,if he declares for ACN now he will become St OBJ
Herd mentality
If you are not with the group mentality you are cast out,rabid tribalism at its best

5 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 2:06am On Dec 20, 2012
hypeman: Baby mama and verbosity - who the fvck wants to read all the verbose shiit you post everyday??

Damn!! Your baby-father must be bored of you by now (no pun intended)... grin

Now we know the problem
You don't read
Try it
It may help

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 20, 2012
Baby mama:

Yes a tribalist because he spoke truth
A tribalist that gave his daughters hand in marriage to a Dosunmu

Hell yeah, and Rush Limbaugh isn't a racist because his best friend is black... grin

You and I know that Achebe is still bitter about something - the man is an unrepentant tribalist, period...
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 20, 2012
Baby mama:
Now we know the problem
You don't read
Try it
It may help

The font is unattractive and verbose texts aren't easy on the eyes...

That's like reading all the junk stories/literary-nonsense they always put on the fp...
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 2:37am On Dec 20, 2012
Aigbofa: I still don't understand why somebody like Achebe will bring himself down to the level of Nairaland's willy-willy.

Despite our differing views I have to acknowledge a good line when I see one
This was mad funny grin grin grin

Who is willy willy bikonu

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by ak47mann(m): 2:41am On Dec 20, 2012
The most respected man in africa prof achebe.... congrats sir,you have finally hit the nail with the biggest hammer,for your book to be listed in (IOS)says a lot about you,it tells how the world leaders respect and listen to a magnitude like you,as the brightest star ...Now the enemies have scattered cool

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 20, 2012
Baby mama:

Despite our differing views I have to acknowledge a good line when I see one
This was mad funny grin grin grin

Who is willy willy bikonu
A beg, Willy-Willy is one Nairalander you don't want to know.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by bushwailo: 3:15am On Dec 20, 2012
This achebe man must be powerful.
Still in the news big time
Just one book !

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by ak47mann(m): 5:00am On Dec 20, 2012
11 MILLION SOLD ON THINGS FOR APART, AND WHO DIDN'T WATCH THE MOVIES BACK IN THE DAYS? I WATCHED ALL THE TAPES.THE MOVIE SAYS A LOT ABOUT IGBO CULTURE B4 OUR BEAUTIFUL CULTURE&LAND WAS INVADED BY WHITE MEN...

TO BE HONEST 11 MILLION SOLD IS A LOT OF DOE,IF THE BOOKS PLUS FILMS WAS SELLING FOR $5 EACH,NOW MULTIPLY IT BY 11 MILLION THAT IS $55 MILLION COOOOOOOOOOOOL CRISPY BOX!!DAMMMMMN DATS SOME DOE THERE BRO..NWOKE NO OFUMA cool

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 5:12am On Dec 20, 2012
^^^^Bro., this is the book that should be selling 11 million copies if we Africans are as intelligent as some you like to scream on this forum... This isn't a fictional tale - it was based on a thorough scientific research, anthropology and archaeology....

[img]http://ecimages.kobobooks.com/Image.ashx?imageID=0ni3UUJsL0Gw-3HswJKZRw&Type=Full[/img]

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 20, 2012
I need to post a picture of my personal library on nl - you lot still have a long way to go, to break the yoke of stupidity and celebrating mediocrity....
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 20, 2012
Another great work from a great author.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by GARRIx7(m): 9:01am On Dec 20, 2012
So what's all the noise, shouting and fighting about?..... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 20, 2012
Chinua Achebe - Congratulations for telling your personal truth about Biafra. My father told me his own account of losing all businesses and source of livelihood to the needless massacre. Others tell accounts of losing all when Obasanjo led the last battalion that decimated my people in the East. I forgive him, cos it was war, a senseless one. Today, Chinua Achebe has put those moments in an everlasting account in history. Thank you for telling the painful truth once again Achebe. My kids and grand kids and the kids of others worldwide will see the foolishness of betrayal by the Western Awo, the arrogant use of commonwealth to decimate fellow humans by the Northern Gowon and the Selfish pursuit of Egotism in the name of Freedom by the Eastern Ojukwu. But to move on as a nation, we all need to buy the book, read it thoroughly and learn from our collective weaknesses, to continue as one or not, this is a decision we will continue to face until we make.

4 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by kcsider: 9:08am On Dec 20, 2012
Achebe is the best to come out of Africa in terms of literature. like it or not - that's the simple truth

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by jomogbomo: 9:08am On Dec 20, 2012
Desola: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/ios-books-of-the-year-2012-biography-and-memoir-8420174.html

There were no accolades to Achebe here, rather a confirmation that the Biafran effort was a doomed one from the onset and one which could have been avoided.

his book was referred to as one of this years BEST examples . Learn to read onyenzuzu.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 9:16am On Dec 20, 2012
hypeman: What has Achebe done for Igbo people??

Please, I need a list..

Cheers.. wink
Dude, at times i wonder how old you are.

is Achebe the president-general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo? He's a literal giant who have sold Igbo culture to the world. That's what he has done for Igboland and Africa at large.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 20, 2012
afam4eva:
Dude, at times i wonder how old you are.

is Achebe the president-general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo? He's a literal giant who have sold Igbo culture to the world. That's what he has done for Igboland and Africa at large.

He sold Igbo culture to the world - good for him... However, how does that make him an African/Nigerian icon? - that was my argument with Ikengawo... The guy's a divisive force and I personally don't think he should be celebrated by all Nigerians - he doesn't deserve that, to be honest...
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 9:25am On Dec 20, 2012
hypeman:

He sold Igbo culture to the world - good for him... However, how does that make him an African/Nigerian icon? - that was my argument with Ikengawo... The guy's a divisive force and I personally don't think he should be celebrated by all Nigerians - he doesn't deserve that, to be honest...

An Igbo or Yoruba icon is an African icon. Igbo and Yoruba are not Europeans

The writer of the most read African book is an African icon

Nobody is forcing you to celebrate. If you won't Forbes, Brown and the whole world would.

7 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by RickyRoss1(m): 9:31am On Dec 20, 2012
afam4eva:

Nobody is forcing you to celebrate. If you won't Forbes, Brown and the whole world would.

WORD

3 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 20, 2012
afam4eva:

You're not getting my point... Honestly, I applaud him for his achievement - however, I don't think his body of work deserves that accolade... How can a tribal/ethnocentric writer be an icon of a continent with more than 5000 tribes?? What has he done for Africa?? And is he even Pan-Africanist?? This man isn't even Pan-Nigerianist - everything about him is Biafra and his biafracentric views...

Omar Bongo, Joseph Kabila, Paul Kagame et al were/are also celebrated by forbes - are they also African icons??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18)

Buhari Promises To Reopen Cases Of Political Assassination-punch / Fuel: Buhari Rejects Marketers’ Demand For Price Increase / Governor Ajimobi Flagged-off The APC Campaign For 2019 Elections. PIC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.