Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate (17931 Views)

Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome / Buhari Not Qualified To Run For President – Fani Kayode / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by YoshiMaster: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
denitro: New rent law
New traffic law
The guy has gotten my vote

is that sarcasm?
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by abysirius(m): 9:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
Seun:
Shouldnt helping the poor (as opposed to oppressing and tormenting them) be a important component of any plan to make Nigeria better? How can we claim that Nigeria is getting better if things are actually getting worse for the poor among us? Don't the masses matter anymore?
So how is Fashola responsible for these pple's misfortune? Who you want to be is a matter of choice! At 18 and above u're regarded as adult and should be responsible for ur decisions. Or since when has okada riding become a vocation? Some even called govt names for bulldozin their houses built under a phcn high tension cables. PPle should wake up and take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming everything on govt.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by huptin(m): 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
Fashola is the most overated governor in the world, Lagos roads are in terrible shape, he keeps patching and repatching them,public schools in lagos are the exclusive preserves of housemaid, health facilities are in shambles,portable water is non existent, unemployment remains high, yet he keeps screaming megacity like a parrot, mega city my foot

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by mapet: 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
I think dignifying the OP with factual answers is a step too far. Please let's stop denigrating this forum, finding answers to brainless posters.
remmyz:

The Fashola administration has taken laudable steps towards
improving agriculture and food security in the state in the last
three years. Amongst several others, the administration
recently introduced cages and pens fish farming techniques at
the Lagoon front of the University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, and
in the open water at Idale Whedakoh, Badagry Local
Government Area; Oto/Awori, Ojo Local Government; Ise,
Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Area; Oko-Orisan, Epe Local
government Area; Ijede, Ikorodu Local Government Area;
Badore, Eti-Osa Local Government Area and at Gbaji-Yeke in
Badagry West Local Council Development Area of the state.
The cage and pen project is expected to produce more than
600,000 tones of fish yearly aside its immense potential for
export and job creation.
Other key projects being pursued by the State Government
include: rice-for-job at Itoikin in Epe and Itoga in Badagry, Eko
Meat Van, Agricultural Empowerment Scheme (YES) and the
proposed cattle ranch in Epe. Equally worthy of note is the
establishment of two seed gardens in Epe with a capacity to
produce 250,000 seedlings of various types of trees,
vegetables, fruits and crops.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Seun(m): 9:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
nitrogen: Everyone knows that you are a PDP agent, your type will never be frank and realistic for once.
If I'm a PDP agent, why did I vote for ACN in the governorship elections even though I didn't even know the candidate? And why am I recommending Oshiomhole as the better candidate? When did Oshiomhole join PDP?
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by mapet: 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
... O boy, I tot I was the only one o. I lived in Ikorodu for 8 terrible years, traffic wise. Got to a time I took it for granted (Ikorodu -Ketu/Ojota) 4 times I had Okada Accident and all 4 I was miraculously saved, till I stopped and started planning my trips (leave home 5.30am on any day and return past 11 @ night. I remember one I had an Okada accident, If you say the diary I used to break my fall, you'll thank God for my life....
A-ZeD:

I was part of the people who used to enter ikorodu to Ojota
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by kennytidistar(m): 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
Even if he is priviledge to run as a gov in lagos state the third time he will not even get 7% of the vote talk not of presidency, let him continue to daydream! Ho my boss once told me dream is sweet even when the out come is unknown, fashola is free to dream he can even plan to contest for UN president. Ode #omotorieope# he thought presidency is like the district officer job he is doing in lagos. Mtche

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by uzoexcel(m): 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
but GEJ,OBASANJO,ABACHA,BABANGIDA etc were all qualified shey nitwit undecided
bilms: I have observed that the media propaganda of the Lagos State Governor is still enjoying much relevance,especially on nairaland despite clear failure of his administration.

Many things i read about Fashola on nairaland speak contrary of the reality on ground,a little survey among the masses in your area would speak for itself.

Just within the last two weeks, the Fashola for presidency thing has made it to the front page God knows how many times.

So i ask, what exactly has foshala done to deserve a presidency?

Is it the increment of The Lagos State University fee from 25,000 to 250,000 that made him worth the presidency?
Is it the crazy Lekki toll gate fee, which when protested ordered the protesters crushed?
Is it the promise of demolishing Katangwa market,denying over 30,000 people means of livelihood with a promise of not providing any alternative?
Is it the demolishing and killing of some residence of Makoko Community?
Is it the Ban of Okada without any meaningful steps toward re engagements of the citizens?

Many crazy things just to mention but few.

What exactly has he done to deserve this inhuman promotion? A government of oppression on the masses and the less privileged.

A government of under developing the people in the name of developing the state. A government with no consideration for human welfarism.

Anyway, no matter how much this propaganda machine tries,Nigerians are no fools..
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by mapet: 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
..... helping the poor should me wanton lawlessness, disregard for safety and value of life, drop in quality and values?? I wonder how some of you reason.
Seun:
Shouldnt helping the poor (as opposed to oppressing and tormenting them) be a important component of any plan to make Nigeria better? How can we claim that Nigeria is getting better if things are actually getting worse for the poor among us? Don't the masses matter anymore?
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by mapet: 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
Please, Adams Oshiomole is a rookie where the likes of Fashola stands in terms of governance.......
Seun: Adams Oshiomhole, a man of the people. he performs but he also cares about the masses, unlike Fashola.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by iyaski: 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
Seun: Adams Oshiomhole, a man of the people. he performs but he also cares about the masses, unlike Fashola.

Two people from the south cant hold the presidency in Nigeria. The will only get 1% of the northern votes and the south south will preferably vote for GEJ if he remains the presidential hopeful for the PDP in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by greenlilly(m): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." – George Orwell
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by FXKing2012(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
bilms: From your comment that you have no clue on what democracy and good governance is all abt.

Most of the folks in here dont know wat democracy really is but I dont blame them thiugh. Fashola's policies are too elitist.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by ba7man(m): 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
Yoshi-Master:
Honestly though, I think you have to applaud Fash for everything he has done besides the toll gate.

You never toll existing roads, you just don't do it. You build new fresh ALTERNATE roads and you toll those, simple.
I don't think u know d former state of that road. The road was a dillapidated,pot-hole filled, 2 lane road, but he widened it, added sidewalks, round-abouts and markers...in short, he modernized it...and tolled it b'cos if he decided to wait for Federal Government, he might wait forever.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by kennytidistar(m): 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
[roteemee]With all due respect,I think u very doll.no hard feelings but am really offended with all your point. if you can not afford lASU,pls are there no other fed university in the country?I will advice you sleep over your thought before posting them. Mutherfucker

is lasu fashola's father own school?
It is a public school, therefore it make it an open system, which should be ready to welcome criticism from the populace sometimes i wonder where you people learn. Sheooooor
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by ba7man(m): 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2012
FXKing2012:

Most of the folks in here dont know wat democracy really is but I dont blame them thiugh. Fashola's policies are too elitist.
He re-invigourated waste disposal and now, there are a lot of waste-disposal companies employing *the poor*,he's building housing estates and who are the labourers,carpenters,iron-benders etc?? *the poor*, there are street sweepers and who are they?? *the poor*,the gardens he planted need maintainance and who carries it out?? *the poor* He widens an existing road,complete with concrete drainage and guess whose property's value shoots up??...etc This is just a bit of what he's doin and how it affects *the poor*. There was a time u would see okadas carrying fresh carcass of cows nd such drippin blood but he introduced airconditioned meat vans, not to talk of Oshodi and other rowdy areas he's been able to sanitize,street-lights,road and street signs..........Pls, I don't want to ever go back to Pre-Fashola Lagos because i know what it was like. I'v lived here all my life so if u have no direct experience of it......just zip it.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by nitrogen(m): 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2012
Seun:
If I'm a PDP agent, why did I vote for ACN in the governorship elections even though I didn't even know the candidate? And why am I recommending Oshiomhole as the better candidate? When did Oshiomhole join PDP?

Simply because, you had no choice and your vote wouldn't even make any difference.

Perhaps you are waking up to reality as regards your recommendation, but the man(oshiomhole) is still a rookie (as someone earlier pointed out) and freshie in politics.

Fine, fashola is a tough man, but that is needed to make this country great, we need an action man and not a dullard, that can not only form policies but implement them for the betterment of lives in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by manny4life(m): 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
LOL..

Fashola for president? Nigerians are DOOMED through his tenure. The man is a dictator under the guise of democratic governance.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by kennytidistar(m): 9:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
[mapet]..... helping the poor should me wanton lawlessness, disregard for safety and value of life, drop in quality and values?? I wonder how some of you reason.

My friend dont you do management and leadership in school? Even if you didnt go beyond ssce atleast you should take social studies as a course at the js level, what should be the first priority of anyman? Is it cosmetics? No. Face reality development is good but not to hurt the less priviledge that makes you a leader of style not to rob the poor of their belongings in the name of non existence development and mega city, i beg shine your eye fraudster at rampage and their new leader is fashola.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by ba7man(m): 9:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
FXKing2012:

We've never experienced democracy before in this country. But Fashola started the trend of performance based Governance that other Governors are now adopting. He's shown a sign that he has a direction and people are encouraging him,who would you rather have and what are their track records?? He's got his Flaws but he's better than a large percentage of leaders we have.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by YoshiMaster: 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
ba7man: I don't think u know d former state of that road. The road was a dillapidated,pot-hole filled, 2 lane road, but he widened it, added sidewalks, round-abouts and markers...in short, he modernized it...and tolled it b'cos if he decided to wait for Federal Government, he might wait forever.

Yeah the truth is I love that road, no difference between it and yankee roads. Call me naive, but I just believe it could have been accomplished using Lagos funds with an HONEST bidding process.

I also wish he would follow through to the end, for instance they could invest in more technology with the generated funds from toll to ease the traffic there, by opening up the barrier in front of the lanes for those that have tags. The technology would allow for cars that pass and don't have tags to be billed heavier based on tracking license plate numbers, cause right now that toll gate is really a joke and a hazzard in some ways. The ratio of lanes with tags to those without should be at least 2:1.

All in all he is a thinking man, and he has shown a glipse of what can be done with good intentions and a bit of follow through. I just hope there is somebody out there that possesses these same qualities, but also loves his people dearly, and wants to follow through to the end.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by solomon111(m): 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
ACN propaganda in full-force.
Na2day?
Abegi.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by sheweezy(f): 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
Is it not better to have a dictator who brings about positive change than to have a president voted for based on sentiment like Goodluck and not function at all? The problem we have in this country is we want change but we are not ready to make sacrifices.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by CohenJane: 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
i don't see the need for this thread in the first place. OP most be a paid agent
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by solomon111(m): 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
ACN propaganda in full-force.
Na2day?
Abegi.
nitrogen:

Simply because, you had no choice and your vote wouldn't even make any difference.

Perhaps you are waking up to reality as regards your recommendation, but the man(oshiomhole) is still a rookie (as someone earlier pointed out) and freshie in politics.

Fine, fashola is a tough man, but that is needed to make this country great, we need an action man and not a dullard, that can not only form policies but implement them for the betterment of lives in Nigeria.
How dare you compare fashola with oshiomhole?
Oshiobaba that has been dealing with political strongmen since his days at NLC and even now in edo state.
Is it fashola that is been bullied about by Tinubu in lagos state,that is an expert in governance?
Guy abeg go hug transformer.
Comparing fashola and oshiobaba in governance in Nigeria is sacriledge.
Fashola is no fit to loose oshiobaba's shoe-strings.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by kennytidistar(m): 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
[/quote]

you are wrong here, oshomole is smarter than fashola, no be noise, come to think of it, oshomole understand nigeria political terain even more than your so called fashola. Considering the political cv of oshiomole, he has always dine with the federal govt as a labour leader where is fashola then? Some of you children on nairaland amuses me sometime, do you know ACN would have lost in edo if not for oshomole? You may not know the underground work oshiomole did to retain his position but dont even compare fashola with oshiomole the gap is there. Fashola is only priviledge to be a governor of a ready made state by the federal govt that it.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by yhuci(m): 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
Lol..jst passin' by
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by FXKing2012(m): 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
ba7man: He re-invigourated waste disposal and now, there are a lot of waste-disposal companies employing *the poor*,he's building housing estates and who are the labourers,carpenters,iron-benders etc?? *the poor*, there are street sweepers and who are they?? *the poor*,the gardens he planted need maintainance and who carries it out?? *the poor* He widens an existing road,complete with concrete drainage and guess whose property's value shoots up??...etc This is just a bit of what he's doin and how it affects *the poor*. There was a time u would see okadas carrying fresh carcass of cows nd such drippin blood but he introduced airconditioned meat vans, not to talk of Oshodi and other rowdy areas he's been able to sanitize,street-lights,road and street signs..........Pls, I don't want to ever go back to Pre-Fashola Lagos because i know what it was like. I'v lived here all my life so if u have no direct experience of it......just zip it.

He has rendered way too many masses unemployed by banning okada and by displacing the.poor in makoko, and he still intends to displace even more.
Again his policies only.favour the rich.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by manny4life(m): 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
ba7man: We've never experienced democracy before in this country. But Fashola started the trend of performance based Governance that other Governors are now adopting. He's shown a sign that he has a direction and people are encouraging him,who would you rather have and what are their track records?? He's got his Flaws but he's better than a large percentage of leaders we have.

Apparently, you have no idea what "democracy" is. Democracy is nothing but a system of govt for the people and by the people...PERIOD. At least, that was how I learned back in high school.

This has nothing to do with growth and development. China is an autocratic nation aspiring to be a world power behind U.S. while in Africa, Libya was once an authoritarian govt that enriched and developed it's citizens. None of these two nations practice "DEMOCRACY". A system of govt regardless of development or not.

Lot of people's concern isn't that Fashola ain't working, perhaps he is, but the concern is Fashola DOES NOT consult "THE PEOPLE" who put him in government. Fashola, inadvertently is suppressing freedoms in several ways - if he can ban a whole lot of sh.it without consulting the public on serious issues, when he has the power - Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Fashola is the type to suppress speech, and even execute those who stand in his way.

Regardless of how your works are, that's a serious red flag. When you cannot commune with those whom you govern, that's a problem. Ask former Mayor Adrian Fenty of DC govt, he learned the hard way, HE WILL NEVER run for any office in the DC govt because people already know him and WOULD NEVER vote for him.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by FXKing2012(m): 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
ba7man: We've never experienced democracy before in this country. But Fashola started the trend of performance based Governance that other Governors are now adopting. He's shown a sign that he has a direction and people are encouraging him,who would you rather have and what are their track records?? He's got his Flaws but he's better than a large percentage of leaders we have.

Fashola is just overhyped because he's d only ACN governor that is attempting to do somethingi; the likes of Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Ondo, Edo and Imo state governors are doing far better than Fashola.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
FXKing2012:

Fashola is just overhyped because he's d only ACN governor that is attempting to do somethingi; the likes of Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Ondo, Edo and Imo state governors are doing far better than Fashola.

I'm not a big fan of none of these people(I'm a Marxist), however, can you put your money where your mouth is...and back up your claim with proofs?? undecided
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by kennytidistar(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
[ba7man] He re-invigourated waste disposal and now, there are a lot of waste-disposal companies employing *the poor*,he's building housing estates and who are the labourers,carpenters,iron-benders etc?? *the poor*, there are street sweepers and who are they?? *the poor*,the gardens he planted need maintainance and who carries it out?? *the poor* He widens an existing road,complete with concrete drainage and guess whose property's value shoots up??...etc This is just a bit of what he's doin and how it affects *the poor*. There was a time u would see okadas carrying fresh carcass of cows nd such drippin blood but he introduced airconditioned meat vans, not to talk of Oshodi and other rowdy areas he's been able to sanitize,street-lights,road and street signs..........Pls, I don't want to ever go back to Pre-Fashola Lagos because i know what it was like. I'v lived here all my life so if u have no direct experience of it......just zip it.

Why are you disturbing your head major Buba Marwa did better than this even despite been a sorldier he favours the poor that is why his name will continue to shine anytime anywhere!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abdulsalam Badamasi Dies In Hotel In Maiduguri / Fayose Hopes To See Osinbajo Patronize Barbing Saloons In Ajegunle, Baga Zamfara / SERAP Asks Lawan To Drop Bill To Give ‘repentant Terrorists’ Foreign Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.