Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate (18073 Views)

Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome / Buhari Not Qualified To Run For President – Fani Kayode / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Boboedom: 4:08am On Dec 31, 2012
So many responses here are out of point and clearly political. The question was point out Fashola's achievements that qualifies him to be a Presidential material. I personally use to admire BRF especially in his first tenure, email/sms response, road constructn, secuRity, education/schools, BRT etc. However he is a failure in his second tenure. I even send an email enquiry last month and the man just ignored. Most roads that he did are good roads that need little rehab but he goes into full reconstructn. Whereas the new roads that he started are abandoned. The man use to be in the hearts of many people including me but not any more. He has become so arrogant in so many ways and should be advised to mend his ways or reap the fruits in future.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by horlatunde(m): 4:45am On Dec 31, 2012
veraponpo: grin. All your points over there are lughable except the issue of LASU.

Is Makoko a good settlement from your own look?
So any where in the world, demolision of wrong settlement is welcome otherwise, why is El-Rufai not in prison by now even for demolishing good houses in good environment.
How many cities/ states have banned okada in Nigeria before Lagos, nothing less than 8 to 10 even within Lagos before now, there are some streets you can't take bike too, so what are you saying?

When he cleared Oshodi of its mess people hailed him, maybe except you, when he cleared Ojota, people praised him, work is on-going at Obalende terminus now and it is laudable, so what is wrong if he works on Katangwa? Is that not his job as the governor?

What is wrong wrong with Lekki toll gate? Didnt you study Economics at all? Lagos is not an oil producing state for now in Nigeria (though with oil) so you dont expect Lagos to do like Rivers or Akwa Ibom who get huge allocation/ 13 percent derivation without much responsibilities, you have to use what you have to get what you want.

Back to issue of LASU. LASU was one of the worst school when it was N25,000. As an accountant, graduate of accounting from LASU then could never get ICAN exemption to PE II but now in the last NUC rating LASU is 14th out of 136 universities first time in the last 25 years. Above some Federal universities. Remember the weekend programme has also stopped in order for the whole attention to be on the main programme, so it is not about money but the quality of the education there. However, I still don't like it too because I attended Ife (OAU) where school fee is next to nothing.

GOD will seriously Bless you 4 all dis points that u av Mentioned in responce to that PDP apologist who sees nothing Good in Lagos... He shud tell me where in a civilised World Okada is used as means of transportation? Talking abt Toll gate, Maybe he has nt heard dat d F.G is planning d re-introduction of toll after d success of the Lekki- toll. On lasu b4 d increment, Lasu was d HQ of all sort of Cult Group. it was just like a Post- secondary dat wen I was in Command Ojo, I never prayed to gain Admission in2 Lasu even 4 free den. Bros if u find Nothing Good in Lagos, meet fashola for Your transport fee Back to ur Vilage. Eko o ni Baje oo!!!
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by birdman(m): 4:54am On Dec 31, 2012
To anyone that thinks Fashola is not qualified, name one person that you think is more qualified.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by tutu1: 5:26am On Dec 31, 2012
Fashola might not be perfect but believe me the guy has vision and balls, Nigeria needs that right now,until you bring me a better candidate I will vote him for president any day.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by gudnex22(m): 5:46am On Dec 31, 2012
kulyie: There are a thousand and one reasons why fashola should be president one of which is that he has restored order,sanity and decorum into lagos as opposed to chaos,lawlessness and so much madness that pervaded lagos.there's one proverb that some villagers used to refer to lagos,they say lagos is a city that accomodates the lazy and the thieves however that is not true anymore.anyone that is a loafer or thief will find himself in prison,all this insane behaviours of okada has been curbed,go to lasu,you will see improvement there.lasu that used to be a haven of cultists and riff raffs has now been restored to normalcy.oshodi too dat used to be a den of thieves and traders who used to sell on d roads have been curbed,not to mention road hawkers.so as far as i am concerned anyone be it a man or woman from whatever part of this planet who says fashola is not worth being a president is either benefiting from the lawlessness of nigeria or he is simply ignorant.lagos was already fast turning into a state of nature where anybody could do anything unreasonable and thought he could get away with it.mind you i am not a member of acn neither am i a relative of fashola,i am only a supporter of change,progress and an analytical and objective mind.fashola is not a sentimental leader and thats one of the qualities i admire in him.he does what has to be done or what should be done without caring whose ox is gored.am saying this because i know some deluded minds can come here and say am a fashola agent on nairaland or fashola has given me money to massage his ego

And you think he will win GEJ?
Who want to bet with me GEJ will still win in 2015. Abi u 4get say na PDP get INEC? Use your brain and stop deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by atuboweke(m): 5:47am On Dec 31, 2012
I am concerned with my immediate environs : Ago Palace Way, Okota : Fashola has bin on that road for complete 2years anD nothing reasonable has bin done. As I write now , the road has for long bin abandoned since November by Fashola. So far as i am concerned Fashola is a failure.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by gudnex22(m): 5:49am On Dec 31, 2012
If he becomes president, he will Legalise weed smoking for that pint alone he will lose.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by livewire77: 6:07am On Dec 31, 2012
bilms: I have observed that the media propaganda of the Lagos State Governor is still enjoying much relevance,especially on nairaland despite clear failure of his administration.

Many things i read about Fashola on nairaland speak contrary of the reality on ground,a little survey among the masses in your area would speak for itself.

Just within the last two weeks, the Fashola for presidency thing has made it to the front page God knows how many times.

So i ask, what exactly has foshala done to deserve a presidency?

Is it the increment of The Lagos State University fee from 25,000 to 250,000 that made him worth the presidency?
Is it the crazy Lekki toll gate fee, which when protested ordered the protesters crushed?
Is it the promise of demolishing Katangwa market,denying over 30,000 people means of livelihood with a promise of not providing any alternative?
Is it the demolishing and killing of some residence of Makoko Community?
Is it the Ban of Okada without any meaningful steps toward re engagements of the citizens?

Many crazy things just to mention but few.

What exactly has he done to deserve this inhuman promotion? A government of oppression on the masses and the less privileged.

A government of under developing the people in the name of developing the state. A government with no consideration for human welfarism.

Anyway, no matter how much this propaganda machine tries,Nigerians are no fools..
Well from your perspective it seems you are one of those who pick issues from the sufface not looking deeply at it from all sides. Which sensible govement will wait till when Lagos is turned to Maiduguri? 80% of your so called okada raiders are illegal imigrants from places as far as Sudan, Chad, Niger, Mali etc. They do not have shelter, they occupy uncompleted structures in their hundreds. Also Okadas are only restricted to neighbourhoods.some ? For you, Are you saying Lagos State should provide food for illegal immegrants? Have you been robbed by speeding Okada? Have you been to hospitals to take statistics of okada accidents? Have you seen reaction of okada raiders when a vechle hit one despite the fact that he is the at fault(God help you if you haven't receive the beating of your life before rescue come your way)? Do we wait till when they start throwing bombs here and there? Hmmmmmm...
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Symphony007: 6:17am On Dec 31, 2012
I've always said it that fashola is a very myopic governour. He thinks a mega city of lagos can be built on he backs of the poor. Destroying markets without caring for the well being of the traders and their farmilies. If you say makoko is defacing the city and you have a duty to destroy it then you have to provide alternative accomodation for the people not forcefully evicting them and even killing some in the process..fashola. The most overhyped governour in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Symphony007: 6:21am On Dec 31, 2012
No matter how you try to justify the actions of mr. Fashola you cannot justify destroying peoples means of livelyhood. Or farmilies living in boats on the lagos lagoon because their only home has been destroyed. Does he think all the people will just disappear for his mega city to grow?fashism!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Osiris211: 6:31am On Dec 31, 2012
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by FXKing2012(m): 6:33am On Dec 31, 2012
shymexx:

Blah blah blah - I need figures and proofs to do a comparative analysis... I'm not swayed by propaganda, you need to come harder....

Let's do a proper comparative analysis!!

Hate or loathe the Fashola guy, he's still miles ahead of the rest of the Private Jets buying clowns you have in that utterly corrupt country!!

pls just use google image to search for Akwa Ibom state and u will see that magic is real: you will see how the present governor turned a very rural state into a mega state within few yrs.

Again Lagos was already fully developed before ACN got into power, so all they needed to do was maintain existing infrastructure.

In all d years that ACN has been in power in Lagos state, pls tell us any new major infrastructure put in place by either Fashola or Tinubu.

Everything abt ACN na hype!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by bigpastor(m): 6:40am On Dec 31, 2012
@veraponpo: However, I still don't like it too because I attended Ife (OAU) where school fee is next to nothing.
OAU is a Federal University while LASU is a State university
To me o I don't see any leader as good as Fashola in Naija (Personal opinion)
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by rozayx5(m): 6:47am On Dec 31, 2012
actions speak louder than words, Fashola, is running Lagos like a Business, with Tinubu as the CEO grin grin grin grin grin
they own newspapers, so propaganda is at its peak,
world class roads that we are not being tolled , compared to that shi t there in lekki epe, with no lights at night, and pot holes, with all the IGR and still surprised he is still looking for toll again shocked

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by boladez(m): 6:49am On Dec 31, 2012
Thank God my dear Governor is in the news again, in the words of the inspirational M.I Abugo, if nobody talks about you then you are NOBODY!

Why do people who reside in other states comment about Lagos state so vehemently, I recall one Guy who stays in Enugu starting a thread on Fashola's Achievements and passing judgement on a Governor in a state where he is non resident.

At least some of us who are residents (legitimate) and Lagosians who live and dwell in Lagos are happy with what this great man is doing. It is better to have people complain about a doing governor than if he were siddon look.

I am a strong leader in my community and the support for LASG is overwhelming.

I personally do not expect everyone to be happy with reformers.

The Votes of 2015 in lagos will show if truly the Lagos residents are happy with the Governor or not. Let us wait till then.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by rozayx5(m): 6:50am On Dec 31, 2012
akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by boladez(m): 6:53am On Dec 31, 2012
Wow, lovely pictures of AK Ibom, that explains why some elites are fighting the governor in that state.

Kudos to Gov Akpabio. I think they should allow for continuity in that state to ensure they get real development
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by TimePiece(f): 6:54am On Dec 31, 2012
FXKing2012:

The proofs are there for everyone to see.

Not intending to derail this thread but I haven't seen the proofs to say Rochas is better except for his consistent effort in making decisions that will create more problems for the person who will succeed him and Imolites in future. Who funds road constructions 100% with federal allocations?
I hope people will weigh his administration more critically and see that Rochas is full of sh*t!
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by EkoIle1: 6:59am On Dec 31, 2012
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by FXKing2012(m): 7:12am On Dec 31, 2012
rozayx5: akwa ibom

Thank u rozayx5 for uploading the pix of Akwa Ibom, shymmex I hope u are seeing it. You wouldnt even know it is in Nigeria.
World class roads with no toll gates. Tinubu is using Fashola to rip off Lagosians and.some are here praising mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Aderostock(m): 7:23am On Dec 31, 2012
I don't know why fools compare Lagos with Akwa-ibom. Lagos has the same budget with Akwa-ibom roughly 490 billion naira now let's put population into consideration, Lagos has over 20 million to cater for and still counting why Akwa-ibom has over 1.5 million. What do you expect?
People of Akwa-ibom are leaving the state to come to Lagos in search for jobs despite having good roads only in uyo.
Can someone lists jobs provided by Akpabio since he assumed office and I will name times two of that provided by Fashola?
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 31, 2012
If we can have GEJ as president, we can have anybody..shoemaker, barber, primary sch pupil...we'll survive #justsayin grin
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by tolexy05(m): 7:24am On Dec 31, 2012
@bilm or wat u cal ursef, how many org av u led b4? Love it or hate it 4 now ondo is d only state in sw today, wel i feel ur pain u re part of people dat need reorientation or even rehabilitationn, pauuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by damola14(m): 7:32am On Dec 31, 2012
malele: The way yoruba sing praises of fashola u will think lagos is heaven if u come into it
Sorry to say I guess you should be about 10-12yrs of age right? Cos before you grew up lagos use to be a very lawless place bounded in shakles of agberos,hoodlums ,haven of refuse infact the main symbol of lagos was the dirts.presently a substantial effort was made successfully that you didn't even meet lagos of when you were born(10yrs ago). My friend just give kudos.he is a brave and intelligent ruler
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by damola14(m): 7:38am On Dec 31, 2012
TimePiece:

Not intending to derail this thread but I haven't seen the proofs to say Rochas is better except for his consistent effort in making decisions that will create more problems for the person who will succeed him and Imolites in future. Who funds road constructions 100% with federal allocations?
I hope people will weigh his administration more critically and see that Rochas is full of sh*t!
Lolllllll funny
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by DMatrix: 7:41am On Dec 31, 2012
ok, so mention the other PDP alternatives to Fashola and which of them have such proven track records...change is the only constant in life...
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by seanet02: 7:48am On Dec 31, 2012
FXKing2012:

Thank u rozayx5 for uploading the pix of Akwa Ibom, shymmex I hope u are seeing it. You wouldnt even know it is in Nigeria.
World class roads with no toll gates. Tinubu is using Fashola to rip off Lagosians and.some are here praising mediocrity.
You lack cognitive skills.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by elbinmanny(m): 8:03am On Dec 31, 2012
birdman: To anyone that thinks Fashola is not qualified, name one person that you think is more qualified.
Godswill Akpabio!!!!!!!!

Fashola na apprentice where this guy dey perform o! I swear cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by solomon111(m): 8:07am On Dec 31, 2012
el bin manny:
Godswill Akpabio!!!!!!!!

Fashola na apprentice where this guy dey perform o! I swear cheesycheesycheesy
True!
Akpabio will make a fine president.
Very underrated governor.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Chuksgeo: 8:15am On Dec 31, 2012
I think fashola is no better than gej!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by bilms(m): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2012
He his the one of the most underrated governors

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Aderostock(m): 8:19am On Dec 31, 2012
solomon111: True!
Akpabio will make a fine president.
Very underrated governor.
Mr. Akpan, I know you are from Akwa-ibom, can u please explain to us why your people are leaving your state to apply job in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC / Server Controversy: I Will Open Up Soon, Says INEC Chairman / Nigeria's $1.5bn Loan Request Approved By World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.