Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate (17913 Views)

Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome / Buhari Not Qualified To Run For President – Fani Kayode / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by vanstanzy(m): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2012
Says who?
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Demdem(m): 7:34pm On Dec 30, 2012
@ OP

Can u kindly mention one Retardeen quality as regards his past political acheivement in bayelsa that made him become the current president.
if the retardeen in his daft state can be, why not fashola?
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by vanstanzy(m): 7:34pm On Dec 30, 2012
bilms: I have observed that the media propaganda of the Lagos State Governor is still enjoying much relevance,especially on nairaland despite clear failure of his administration.

Many things i read about Fashola on nairaland speak contrary of the reality on ground,a little survey among the masses in your area would speak for itself.

Just within the last two weeks, the Fashola for presidency thing has made it to the front page God knows how many times.

So i ask, what exactly has foshala done to deserve a presidency?

Is it the increment of The Lagos State University fee from 25,000 to 250,000 that made him worth the presidency?
Is it the crazy Lekki toll gate fee, which when protested ordered the protesters crushed?
Is it the promise of demolishing Katangwa market,denying over 30,000 people means of livelihood with a promise of not providing any alternative?
Is it the demolishing and killing of some residence of Makoko Community?
Is it the Ban of Okada without any meaningful steps toward re engagements of the citizens?

Many crazy things just to mention but few.

What exactly has he done to deserve this inhuman promotion? A government of oppression on the masses and the less privileged.

A government of under developing the people in the name of developing the state. A government with no consideration for human welfarism.

Anyway, no matter how much this propaganda machine tries,Nigerians are no fools..

Compare and contrast this with the harm GEJ or PDP has done. Smarty pants! angry angry angry
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by vanstanzy(m): 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
Demdem: @ OP

Can u kindly mention one Retardeen quality as regards his past political acheivement in bayelsa that made him become the current president.

1000 likes. But correction, if the retardeen in his daft state can be, why not fashola, "IN HIS SANE MIND"?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Dee60: 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
We do not need heroic leadership. It does not work with our kind of system. Dont be fooled. What we need is to institute structures and corruption free processes. We need a slim legislature and a weak centre. We need independence of the judiciary. We need fiscal federalism and vibrant state laws and state economies. If you like, place a monkey or goat as president, you will find that things will work better. As it is now, if you put a hero, he will become overtaken and consumed by the system within 3 months. Like, GEJ, the state may be made 'ungovernable' by a system that does not work. Nigerians be wise, no country has our kind of bloated and corruption-ridden democracy.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by vanstanzy(m): 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
bilms: I have observed that the media propaganda of the Lagos State Governor is still enjoying much relevance,especially on nairaland despite clear failure of his administration.

Many things i read about Fashola on nairaland speak contrary of the reality on ground,a little survey among the masses in your area would speak for itself.

Just within the last two weeks, the Fashola for presidency thing has made it to the front page God knows how many times.

Is it the increment of The Lagos State University fee from 25,000 to 250,000 that made him worth the presidency?
Is it the crazy Lekki toll gate fee, which when protested ordered the protesters crushed?
Is it the promise of demolishing Katangwa market,denying over 30,000 people means of livelihood with a promise of not providing any alternative?
Is it the Ban of Okada without any meaningful steps toward re engagements of the citizens?

Many crazy things just to mention but few.

What exactly has he done to deserve this inhuman promotion? A government of oppression on the masses and the less privileged.

A government of under developing the people in the name of developing the state. A government with no consideration for human welfarism.

Anyway, no matter how much this propaganda machine tries,Nigerians are no fools..

Guy, u funny sha. Just five? and i tot u'ld mention something equaling GEJs' record, like 1000 and counting.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by OsunOriginal: 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
mikolo80: ITS CALLED FREEDOM OF SPEECH DUDE

But you will agree me that illiterate traders will always abuse it. When illiterates wants to contribute to what they know nothing about and issues that are beyond their brain capacity. IQ test will be a good a way to ensure we have quality threads and contributions. Only civilized and intelligent people should be allowed to post and others especially the traders should just read and learn from the posts.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Dignitary: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
bilms: @bank,fashola is not a performer,he his a mediory just like gej. Both of them are bad for this nation

U know the difference between Fashola and all other politicians in naija? He knows what governance is about!!! Though he's not in anyway perfect...in fact, I hate some of his policies( like the ones u've listed). But if we are to be fair, we will all agree that is govt is heading towards a direction I.e he has a vision to make Lagos a mega city & he has vigorously been pursuing that!!! GEJ does not even have a vision...and where there's no vision,there can be no direction! And where there's no direction,what is there to pursue?

Sentiments apart, Fashola will / can transform naija

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by dayokanu(m): 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
Has crack been legalized in Nigeria?
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
who's afraid of fashola
gej is afraid of fashola

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
A thread from another tribal warlord. Mtchew**
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by vanstanzy(m): 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
bilms: Lol. Only the masses are lawless and occupying illegal space.

Aren't u tired of contradicting urself? grin grin grin Firstly, it was the demolition of makoko and some of its residents and "PLANNED" demolition of katangwa market, to lawless masses occupying illegal space. This is exactly what the ruling PDP thinks of the masses they rule over. sad sad sad
Guy, go sidon jor. angry U no get yarn. angry
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by fkaz(m): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
@op ned 2 remain in shanty walai,
Let him relocate 2 borno
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by nollywood20: 7:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
[size=18pt]Who was President Goodluck Jonathan before OBJ installed him as VP?
He was a failed governor of Bayelsa state and that is why he is overwhelmed by the challenges of the Presidency as shown by the failures of his leadership so far.
But Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola is the governor of the biggest state in West Africa with over 15 million people and he has proved to be a competent administrator in managing the challenges of Lagos State.
The stupid things you mentioned that he has done wrong are based on your ignorance.
You must be an id-iot too.

Fashola is more than qualified to be the President of Nigeria and that is why the literary icon Chinua Achebe honoured him by inviting Fashola to deliver a keynote address at this year’s Achebe Colloquium on Africa held at Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA.
Please, go and get a copy of his paper and read it.
Also see "We Have Restored Hope To Our People", Says Fashola At Oxford University Lecture
https://www.nairaland.com/785202/fashola-oxford-university-lecture-pics

The admin and moderators simply put your topic on the homepage to help you and other intellectually retarded ones like you who are ignorant of governance and democracy in a capitalist state. Now you have the privilege of attracting the attention of my genius which you can frame and hang on the wall of your living room.[/size] grin

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by markus1133: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
not..
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by maestroayoola(m): 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
It is worthy of note that this writer is foolish and too blind to credit a bunch of good tidings Lagosians are enjoying. Pls wake from your dream. Fashola is a great leader, give it to him. People like you hate sanity, you hate changes and development. I am ready for you tonight.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by anonimi: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
Demdem: @ OP

I thought the Yorubas said esin iwaju ni t'eyin nwo sare - the leading horse inpires those behind i.e you benchmark/compare yourself with the best performance. Why would you knowing this compare your "excellent" governor with someone you have labelled "retardeen" and "daft".
Is it to confirm the mediocre (average) performance of your excellent governor?
Why not compare him with Jakande or Awolowo? That wan dey fear you?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
I don't understand the sudden Fashola fixation on Nairaland. Did certain peeps suddenly realize hat he's the governor of Lagos state or not. You would think he did something outrageous yesterday...funny ennough, much of the things those peeps are complaining about are things that happened a while ago and most people have forgotten. Yes, I know, of recent, Nairaland has become the hotbed for some paid agents of pretty much every political party in Nigeria to come online and mudsling perceived political opponents but isn't this taking things too far?
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
What makes someone qualified to be a president? As a Nigerian citizen,i am also qualified to be a president! cool
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Philandy: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
I laugh at some ppl ohhhh
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
who is fashola in lagos?He should go and keep all the 10%.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by bookiee(f): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
Whoever wrote this thread makes me laugh! Lemme see,, maybe GEJ will make a better president or Annenih better still Alao Akala or who?pls suggest?!
Imagine Fashola been d president...I  changes cos even if he'll 'chop money' he would do it n rub it off our face like Mr Pressy does it! Or give excuses for his failures...
Fashola his decisive and a strategist τ̅☺☺! So I'll give him my vote if he runs.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by Philandy: 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
For the work Fashola has done in Lagos and for Lagos God will reword Him Plenty
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by freecharles(m): 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
this man cleared oshodi so that you wouldnt have to carry your bag like u carry your child due to the fear of getting robbed.Now public transport drop passengers at the normal bus stop and not at bolade bus stop as it was then due to irrational parking of bus drivers......you dont get stucked in traffic like those days because the traffic now moves...he has constructed and he is still constructing many roads and the introduction of brt,mhen wot do you think............jes to talk abt a few of wot he has done
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by stupor(m): 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
Every of Fashola's antagonists are started to go bizzare !

Fashola is the most competent and best-fit for presidency !

Name who else is fit ! PDP's J,you ? or anyone else that you think you know ?

And how much were you also paid for this cheap media Antagonitism !
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by xamilola(f): 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
who is more qualified? fashola of course.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by kunletech: 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
To be a good leader, your rulling action need to be strategise to favor atlist 75% of people you are leading.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by AZeD1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2012

If the increment of school fees transforms the school and they produce quality graduates, then it becomes a good. Quality over quantity.
The lekki road is good as at the last time i passed it. obe to dun, owo lopa.
He is not the 1st to ban okada and he won't be the last. Do i support him? Yes, those guys were terrible(I was part of the people who used to enter ikorodu to Ojota).
As for the demolishing, with what happened at Oshodi, we just have to wait and see but the Oshodi record speaks in his favour.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by remmyz(m): 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
bilms: You didnt answer the question. Mention just 3 things fashola has done to favor the masses,or even one.

The Fashola administration has taken laudable steps towards
improving agriculture and food security in the state in the last
three years. Amongst several others, the administration
recently introduced cages and pens fish farming techniques at
the Lagoon front of the University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, and
in the open water at Idale Whedakoh, Badagry Local
Government Area; Oto/Awori, Ojo Local Government; Ise,
Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Area; Oko-Orisan, Epe Local
government Area; Ijede, Ikorodu Local Government Area;
Badore, Eti-Osa Local Government Area and at Gbaji-Yeke in
Badagry West Local Council Development Area of the state.
The cage and pen project is expected to produce more than
600,000 tones of fish yearly aside its immense potential for
export and job creation.
Other key projects being pursued by the State Government
include: rice-for-job at Itoikin in Epe and Itoga in Badagry, Eko
Meat Van, Agricultural Empowerment Scheme (YES) and the
proposed cattle ranch in Epe. Equally worthy of note is the
establishment of two seed gardens in Epe with a capacity to
produce 250,000 seedlings of various types of trees,
vegetables, fruits and crops.
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by remmyz(m): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
bilms: You didnt answer the question. Mention just 3 things fashola has done to favor the masses,or even one.

Establishment of modern abattoirs at Ologe, Oko-Oba, and
Lairage
Construction of access roads to link up villages in places like
Imude road, Shibiri-Etegbin road, Ajangbandi-Illogbo road,
Agboroko-Igbo road, Elerin road and Ariyo-Muyo-Tedi
Oshun road and so on.
The state government has completed 165 rural
electrification projects under its rural intervention scheme
200 transformers and 100 solar-powered water projects
have been distributed to various communities.
More than 38 communities benefitted from the integrated
rural development (IRD) programme through the provision
of “alternative energy/power” and provision of solar to
power their water supply, television with generating sets.
Six contiguous communities I.E. Baiyeku (Ikorodu LG),
Ilasan (Eti-Osa LG), Seme (Badagry), Ilogbo Eremi (Badagry)
and Sekungba (Epe LG) have their existing non-functional
micro water schemes rehabilitated. These micro water
schemes are capable of producing 45,000 litres daily and
are complimented with network of pipes of about 2km each
http://brfashola.org/achievements/rural-transformation/
Re: Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate by pitoski(m): 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
well i like fashola . But I think he may be good first as a vice president b4 being the president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application / National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC / CAN President Visits Senator Dino Melaye (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.