Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,577 members, 7,823,509 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

The Truth About Fashola's Success - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Fashola's Success (23149 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Dede1(m): 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2012
Fashola is another figure caught in the usual Yoruba over exaggerated and hyped instances of empty achievements. If Ibadan never existed, Awolowo would have been nominated as the maker of heaven and earth based on Yoruba fairy tales.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by anulaxad(m): 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
pheesayor: lol, is he a teacher?
looooooooooooooooool i would not know. his my uncle how should I know his name looooool I just call him uncle adenuga
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by frevangel(m): 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
ba7man: Let me punch a hole in your logic. Benin is a City, Lagos is a state. Compare Benin to Ikeja as they are both Capitals. Can you see they aint in the same league. Are u all BLIND Aren't you tired of seeing pictures?? @Babapupa kept posting pics on one of these smear threads and you all keep saying you're not seeing pictures. Go and google the pics up if you really keen on seein his acheivements or sit down in Benin and leave Lagos alone.

What is it with some folks who dont go anywhere outside Lagos and they think Lagos is Nigeria?!

Have you been to Edo State, for your information, oshiomole is working in almost major cities(if not all) at the same time. So he isnt working in Benin alone. Plus the fact that there where no roads, school buildings, and other infrastructure before he entered office. Fashola have most of these structures in place "almost before he was born!", I mean he didnt move a pin for most of them! He was brought in to "maintain" most of them and he is busy creating anti-people policies for some he actually worked on. Get your facts straight bro!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by talktimi(m): 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
seunajia:

I'm not Fashola's P.R.O and thus there is little I can/should say in his stead. You know its possible you have been walking around without your eyes or probably your brain is not sophisticated enough to process what your eye "sees". Get help bro.

If "street cred" is chop and clean mouth, I want to have none of it. I don't hate you, I hate to be in my car and see beggars all over, I hate to see unemployed youths roaming the streets, I hate the sound of generators, I hate driving on bad roads, I hate nepotism, I hate corruption, I hate injustice, I hate hypocrisy.

You keep assuming, a thief has no respect and deserves none. A man that feeds #1billion/year deserves no respect, a man that approves a building, a building for #19billion in the midst of all the austerity deserves to be dragged in the streets. I can go on and on.
. I repeat from the onset I never said Fashola isn't working if you read my last comment it is stated clearly there so your idea of me walking around with my eyes closed or not having a sophisticated brain, well as I've said before your insulting me won't affect me in a positive or negative way.
Maybe your idea of getting jobs/contracts is 'chop and clean mouth' that has never been my style and I won't start now. I am not ashamed to go outside looking for my daily bread instead of sitting down in the house waiting for non existent jobs from our already over saturated labour market. I won't apologize for that in fact I'm praying for even better opportunities to expand.
As per your hatred ofthe sorry state of our society, we are on the same page on that subject and it is our duty as citizens of this country to make things better in our own little way wherever possible not just waiting for the govt at any level all the time but the little we can do to teach our fellow youths how to fish and fend for themselves. Thank you
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
fr_evangel:

What is it with some folks who dont go anywhere outside Lagos and they think Lagos is Nigeria?!

Have you been to Edo State, for your information, oshiomole is working in almost major cities(if not all) at the same time. So he isnt working in Benin alone. Plus the fact that there where no roads, school buildings, and other infrastructure before he entered office. Fashola have most of these structures in place "almost before he was born!", I mean he didnt move a pin for most of them! He was brought in to "maintain" most of them and he is busy creating anti-people policies for some he actually worked on. Get your facts straight bro!
As a matter of fact, I was in Benin a couple of months back, saw the road rehabilitation and expansion works and I can say its on the same scale as the works done in Surulere alone. There is no possible way you can compare Edo-State and Lagos State....No possible way.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Ashmark(m): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2012
I jst dnt understd why matured and educated nairalander wil use abusive word nd malaproprism jst to justify a sophistry that d OP decide 2 cook up...Honestly,it's only on NL dt u see ds tins..Grow up nd stop al ds abuse.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by BabaTony: 8:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
emiye:

Akwa Ibom collects at least 4 times what Lagos state earns in Federal allocation (oil revenue + VAT).

A population of 4 million vs 18 million. The infrastructures are over stretched, Lagos state has the highest population density in Nigeria.

With the longest network of city roads, Road degrades faster, thanks and no thanks to the volume of vehicles, especially heavy duty vehicles due to the commercial status of the state.

That average 30 billion you claim Lagos generates as IGR takes ingenuity and hardwork to generate, whereas Akwa-ibom collects roughly that same amount with a "big bowl" monthly from FG with no work in the name of Fed. allocation being an oil producing state.

Lagos State is 99% urban vs Akwa ibom that is 50% urban.

An urban populace expectation from the government is way way higher, everybody wants high grade infrastructural quality and verrrrrrrry very difficult to impress.

When people make comparism, make sure it is fair, so as not to sound stupppid

I think people should be careful when comparing Lagos with other states in Nigeria, lagos was capital of Nigeria for God's sake. I hear ppl say hear that akpabio is developing only uyo. What a big lie! Development has touched both the cities and villages in akwa ibom state. The so called development in lagos is mainly driven by the private sector. All the tax they say they generate ends up in tinubus pocket.The only road built in the whole of the lekki axis is being tolled by greedy tinubu.They forget that if not for the fact that lagos was capital of Nigeria, infrastructure like the third mainland bridge would have NEVER and I repeat NEVER been built.all the whole of victoria island and marina would have never happened. People should spare me all this silly talk of fashola is working.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by kakaG: 11:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
tpia@:

If you and your folks need ideas to copy, just ask, no need to beat around the bush in this jungle manner.

Yorubas are not stingy with development! Just ask for help and you'll be obliged!
Honestly, I didn't intend to take part in this, but you have pushed me. Oga generous or do I say madam now, kindly list out projects that have been successfully carried out by Fashola's administration that are not tied to his personal benefits. Do you know why motor cycles were scraped out? Olodo! Meanwhile, I agree with you that the yorubas are generous. No wonder your women in their generosity nyash every man available.LWTMN

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by bankyman(m): 10:31am On Dec 28, 2012
Dear All,

Lets progress, Fashola has done well, incredibly well I must say (draw your sword if you dont agree). Calm down and take a look at Lagos and dont compare (and unnecessarily too). Money is being generated and infrastructures are coming up, old ones being maintained, this is true and out there for everyone to see. Asking for proofs is like asking if the protruded part of a lady's chest is breast. 30 billion generated IGR (if that is true) is being used to maintain the state. If you say most contracts are being executed by his cronies, are they being executed or not? if its not his whoever does it should make sure they are being done period!!! Why are my reading obvious statements and people are making it look as if it is something else. Ask yourself this for those who claim lagos development on it being a former capital.

1. A no road and and unmaintained one, what difference
2. A no hospital and a non functional one, what difference
3. A no school and not usable durinf rain school, what difference
4.. you all want free education, health care services and dont want to pay tax thats even if the tax you pay can afford u such luxury moreover where in the world is it done?

Please stop the curses, think objectively and as a last Jab, if you say fashola is not working give us a complete blueprint for a turnaround of Lagos. Critics are apprecited but whats the way forward?
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by seunajia: 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
BabaTony:

I think people should be careful when comparing Lagos with other states in Nigeria, lagos was capital of Nigeria for God's sake. I hear ppl say hear that akpabio is developing only uyo. What a big lie! Development has touched both the cities and villages in akwa ibom state. The so called development in lagos is mainly driven by the private sector. All the tax they say they generate ends up in tinubus pocket.The only road built in the whole of the lekki axis is being tolled by greedy tinubu.They forget that if not for the fact that lagos was capital of Nigeria, infrastructure like the third mainland bridge would have NEVER and I repeat NEVER been built.all the whole of victoria island and marina would have never happened. People should spare me all this silly talk of fashola is working.

grin pray tell, where is Lekki? This is how you guys fan to fire the latent sparks of ethnocentrism in people.

Don't say what you don't know.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Pygru: 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nawa oo
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
The Big Story now is

JONA. Plus HIpO Patience plus John Bipi Cena-----------

Jona must be IMPEACHeD NOW!!!!!!!

NO to Diversionary tactics...
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Pygru: 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
Kamanda: The Big Story now is lagos is being looted!
true embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by jmaine: 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
Shall we begin grin . . . .
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ShineIt: 7:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
Fashola is the biggest fraud in Nigerian politics.

When PDP reclaims Lagos his corruption laden administration would be laid bare.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Katsumoto: 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Shine It: Fashola is the biggest fraud in Nigerian politics.

When PDP reclaims Lagos his corruption laden administration would be laid bare.

First, to reclaim something, you ought to have had it and lost it to begin with.

Second, you mean the same PDP that nearly destroyed the SW and is currently imploding?

Third, are you referring to PDP1 or PDP2 (renegade PDP)?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

DSS Nabs 4 Boko Haram Men In Lagos / Inuwa Bwala Resigns As Sheriff’s Spokesperson Over PDP Crisis / Don’t Invest In Chaos, PDP Urges INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.