Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? (19299 Views)

Ten Ways To Marry The Wrong Person / Skinny, Hourglass, Curvy Or Phat Ladies! Which Do Nigerians Prefer? (with Pics) / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by imotondo(m): 9:01am On Dec 26, 2012
[quote author=AG.gal]U dnt have 2 be d world's richest man to be my husband. Just make sure u can send my children to d best schools n give them d best in life

i knw ur kinda gul.my ex gulfrnd once told me that 'Honey,if i get married and have 2kids thats all.my husband can go anywhere to get love/sex once my kids are taken care of' ....she was telling me indirectly that there'l be no remaining affection for me once we r married.i had to run for my life.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by AGgal(f): 9:39am On Dec 26, 2012
ayox2003:

Poor-huckster. Not even ready to take any responsibility. 'U'...as if husbands are the only one meant to cater for kids.

Frawzey
no nid 4 abusive language,neva said i wont play my part but he has to do more as d "HEAD"
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by MRMICKMEN: 9:46am On Dec 26, 2012
vivian chinaza: I'm from a very humble background or should I say poor? Yea poor sounds like it, "humble" just makes it bearable, Lol, ok. But rich guys keep coming for me, and no one has ever cared about my family's financial/social status. In fact, that's the first thing I tell them, I'm always like "dear, don't let my looks deceive you, I'm from a very humble background o." I'm Vivian, and that should be enough!
So contrary to your opinion, majority of guys don't actually care.

A lot of ladies who have misplaced their priorities actually care about how rich a guy is before they consider him and I just pity them. I just hope they realize that the life of a man is a mystery. A man's life can change in a twinkle of an eye.

I'm friends with a lot of people who at one time couldn't even afford a decent meal, but just one phone call changed their lives for best, and vice versa.

Last year, I did a job for this couple that had no house. The groom is my friend and as at then the most valuable property he had was his laptop. In fact, when he told me he was getting married I was like "are u crazy?" Cos he didn't even have a house. Few weeks to the wedding someone gave them a room in his flat and they were squatting there. Whenever I went to the house to discuss their wedding I was always like "how could this girl get married to a man that doesn't have a house?" Honestly, I couldn't understand, I couldn't even think of myself doing it. Well, there marriage is a year old and they are now living in one of the beautifully furnished house I have ever seen.

Stories like this humble me, and I of all the things I have seen in my few years on earth, I have known that riches cannot be guaranteed. I have also known that life is a mystery.

So if you fall in love with someone from a rich background good, if you fall in love with someone from a humble background good too. Marrying a rich person is not a crime, marrying a poor person is not a crime either, provided that LOVE is the driving force.

u still dont believe what u just posted,u re still like all of them,u re no different,an unbeliever. i still see no changes
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 26, 2012
luvable sam: I called up a friend recently to tell him I was getting married, guess what he did.
He SCREAMED n then asked me who I was getting married to as follows;

HE: Who are her Parents, are they rich?
Me: Why are you asking?,
HIM: Just want to know cos if they aren't then you have messed up big time, seriously guy you no try .

I was shocked, though that's the harsh reality these days, no or very few guys want to marry girls from humble backgrounds.

Same goes for ladies too, if theirs even isn't more pronounced. Like a friend once said 'perceived ugly girls get married every weekend while the ones that think themselves beautiful buy "Aso ebi or anko" to attend such occasions hoping to meet Dangote's sons.

My question now is that what is happening to our value system, what's your take on everyone targeting the rich for marriage and who marries the average or seemingly poor?

YOU WETIN YOU WAN MARRY ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by tpia5: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2012
bukatyne: love doesn't put food on the table but lack of love doesn't let you eat food on the table. Have you ever wondered why it's women always running from one church to another b'cos of their marriages? it's b'cos 80% of them married for the wrong reasons! so a husband is your ticket to good life... why don't you use the brain God gave you to think about making your life better? God has deposited something in everyone to make them succeed. what if you marry the comfortable man and things turn about tomorrow? i rather marry a poor man who loves me than marry a comfortable man who doesn't! i crave for things i can't give myself in my husband so we can be complement one another! i can't hug myself, make love to myself, watch my back, support myself etc but i can make tons of money, buy myself cars/houses/clothes/shoes, send my kids to d best schools, travel round the world etc!

one of the top posts I've seen this year.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by tpia5: 10:01am On Dec 26, 2012
blink182: OP, your friend is just whack and nigerians do not marry rich people, your generalisation is annoying.

On nl, "some" = "all".

they just cannot make the distinction.

some nigerians do aim to marry into money by hook or by crook, but in a country where the poverty rate is over 50%, i'm not sure where they're seeing majority rich to marry.

unless they're counting aristos and the like.

or maybe given globalization, like i mentioned before.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by MRMICKMEN: 10:02am On Dec 26, 2012
And if care is not taken, they will run u down.[/quote]

100000000 likes
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Niiade(m): 10:03am On Dec 26, 2012
Well trues values happen to be stories or folk tales of years before...
Its everywhere these days infact its staring me in the face as we speak.
#True story my neighbour finished from school, he had a gf and they both loved each other, he was job searching, she was about to finish from school. Then pressure was mounted on the girl, she is the first and her dad is dead.
She was pressured to dump my neighbour and was more like given out to some average dude with cash, at first it was all good n she was in new love cash flowing, as we speak she doesn't like her situation anymore, she is engaged, unhappy with cash and she has already been taken to where she swore a oath to her soon to be husband.
Money Rules the heart of Men so once money is involved the outcome don't surprise me
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by vivianc(f): 10:09am On Dec 26, 2012
bukatyne: love doesn't put food on the table but lack of love doesn't let you eat food on the table. Have you ever wondered why it's women always running from one church to another b'cos of their marriages? it's b'cos 80% of them married for the wrong reasons! so a husband is your ticket to good life... why don't you use the brain God gave you to think about making your life better? God has deposited something in everyone to make them succeed. what if you marry the comfortable man and things turn about tomorrow? i rather marry a poor man who loves me than marry a comfortable man who doesn't! i crave for things i can't give myself in my husband so we can be complement one another! i can't hug myself, make love to myself, watch my back, support myself etc but i can make tons of money, buy myself cars/houses/clothes/shoes, send my kids to d best schools, travel round the world etc!

I just love you. Thank you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2012
chiboy1928: vivian u are the kinda of lady I have been looking for were have u been,can't wait to met u,u are the [b]most wisest [/b]person I have seen in dis country the rest girls Are wash.pls holla me BB 22AFBC88 or 08062251431. Would love us to build a serious relationship tanx and merry xmas.

With the bolded, babe gbaba oso.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 10:20am On Dec 26, 2012
My advice to my fellow guys if a nigerian girl tell u She love u and allow u to also have sex with her,always tink twice and used ur head and not ur heart cos deliberately she has a mission and when she is dawn she would sent u her an unexpected quit notice.guys pls always used ur head and not ur heart when you are in a relationship with nigerian ladies.same goes to the lady also becareful of nigerian guys vice versa nigerian men and women are terrible.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 26, 2012
Kzinne: guy dont fall for her tricks, all na packaging
pple lyk u gv gals a bad name. Y r u jealous of Vi? She made a very gud point n d sooner u learn 4rm it d beta.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by agohavivi(f): 10:32am On Dec 26, 2012
This doesn't apply to just nigerians but all over the world. Who no like better thing?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Pinkyshron(f): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2012
I'll definately be a successful woman in future that's a decision I made right from wen I was a child.I'll neva b a burden to any man and no man will be a burden to me.Ma husband must be the breadwinner of the family...even though I have all the money in the world ma husband should be the one taking care of the family...what I'll do is to assist besides if a woman is the breadwinner of the family the man becomes lazy because he knows his wife will provide...so me being successful is not a problem that one is sure but when there will be a problem
is if my husband is lazy...I'll just use ma mouth to kill him
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by tpia5: 10:40am On Dec 26, 2012
very reassuring, and no doubt they'll come rushing in droves now. . . . . . . . . . . .

lord have mercy.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Pinkyshron(f): 10:40am On Dec 26, 2012
agoha_vivi: This doesn't apply to just nigerians but all over the world. Who no like better thing?
help me ask them o
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by bukatyne(f): 11:35am On Dec 26, 2012
Pinkyshron: I'll definately be a successful woman in future that's a decision I made right from wen I was a child.I'll neva b a burden to any man and no man will be a burden to me.Ma husband must be the breadwinner of the family...even though I have all the money in the world ma husband should be the one taking care of the family...what I'll do is to assist besides if a woman is the breadwinner of the family the man becomes lazy because he knows his wife will provide...so me being successful is not a problem that one is sure but when there will be a problem
is if my husband is lazy...I'll just use ma mouth to kill him
Marriage is a partnership. I never said you would be the breadwinner but you both must contribute financially to the home esp if you want him to contribute domestically. Love makes life worth living. when there is no love in your home, even if your husband provides everything @ home, put your kids in best schools, shop for you in Paris, shower you wit gifts and jewelry etc you will feel empty inside. A lot of rich people are so unhappy cos they didn't marry for love. Don'T let their smiles and carriage fool you, they hug their lonely pillows and cry every night.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Ocutegan(m): 11:40am On Dec 26, 2012
Very outstanding post. This is how every sensible lady should think like. Oh I just ℓ♥√ع my jamaican girl. Most 9ja girls brain is full of sh.it. This post makes you different jare
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by nkemmu(f): 11:43am On Dec 26, 2012
thouht the question was suppose to be why men dont marry from poor homes like they use too in those days.every man wants to marry from jonathans family.its not always about the gurls,men has join the club of wealth concionsness family background.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
promire2004:

Smh....u're soooooooo pathetic. I learn't a lot from what you referred to as an "epistle". Be nice and stop been sarcastic.
Your emotion is pathetically ridiculous. I wanted to pick on you but remembered I am a gentleman for a certain reason which is exclusive and privilege to you.

My sarcasms has not been contested by the'' subject matter''.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
Pinkyshron: help me ask them o
my dear 9ja own different. Imagine a guy ask a girl out during his yr1 d girl bluntly reject him nt because she is nt ready bt because d guy has notin to offer, 4yrs later d guy asked her out again, replied: "it didnt happen then it can neva happen nw, i beliv by nw u shld knw ur class " bt her best friend jump into dis guy life, d guy gradualy develop love 4 her cos she is gud in her own way. D best friend was wise enuf to c d future of dis guy shining even wen his present was poor. Fortunately 4 them d guy graduated(1st class) 4 dat mata and one of d oil company in nigeria(name i wont mention) gave him automatic employment and send him 4 2yrs trainin in russia. Now d fite begin. D girl he ask out twice which is a friend to his gf. Is nw fightin so hard and doin evrytin possible to turn bck d hands of time. Tryin to cause problem bw d guy and her friend. All in d name dat d guy belong to her and d friend stole him, dat she was keepin him for d future. CAN U IMAGINE HW 9JA GIRLS CAN BE JUST COS OF MONEY OR SHOULD I SAY SECURITY. Non of them wan work b4 them go eat.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
It so obvious dat nigeria ladies are so materialistic,they won't recognize u as a guy when u are hussling and ask dem out,they will bluntly turn u down with a harsh tone as if you a piece of shit,but finaly when God remember u,they will come crawling and offering them self to u free of charge with bad intention just for u to accept dem back. bunch of idiots,were was them wen I was hussling nw my future is bright they want to come and have a share of the national cake,I bet if dat should happen to me I will used holy ghost fire to scatter dat girl head money mongers lazy babone dey don't want to husslie like they fellow girls always looking for already seRved meals fools.in short those kinda of girls make me suck and those are the kinda of girl dat lose respect fr guys.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by omodave(m): 1:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
my advice to all regarding this matter is. dont marry because of money am not saying money isn't good, have a reason for getting married other than thinking these factors (money and poverty ). dont boreder to castigate those that are poor now because nothing last long. thou it is now like a tradition in our country , it shouldn't be accepted or affected by u been male or female
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by omodave(m): 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
my advice to all regarding this matter is. dont marry because of money am not saying money isn't good, have a reason for getting married other than thinking these factors (money and poverty ). dont boreder to castigate those that are poor now because nothing last long. thou it is now like a tradition in our country , it shouldn't be accepted or affected by u, be u male or female
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chessguru1(m): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
@topic ArE YoU A LEArNEr!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
chiboy1928: It so obvious dat nigeria ladies are so materialistic,they won't recognize u as a guy when u are hussling and ask dem out,they will bluntly turn u down with a harsh tone as if you a piece of shit,but finaly when God remember u,they will come crawling and offering them self to u free of charge with bad intention just for u to accept dem back. bunch of idiots,were was them wen I was hussling nw my future is bright they want to come and have a share of the national cake,I bet if dat should happen to me I will used holy ghost fire to scatter dat girl head money mongers lazy babone dey don't want to husslie like they fellow girls always looking for already seRved meals fools.in short those kinda of girls make me suck and those are the kinda of girl dat lose respect fr guys.
m
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
chiboy1928: It so obvious dat nigeria ladies are so materialistic,they won't recognize u as a guy when u are hussling and ask dem out,they will bluntly turn u down with a harsh tone as if you a piece of shit,but finaly when God remember u,they will come crawling and offering them self to u free of charge with bad intention just for u to accept dem back. bunch of idiots,were was them wen I was hussling nw my future is bright they want to come and have a share of the national cake,I bet if dat should happen to me I will used holy ghost fire to scatter dat girl head money mongers lazy babone dey don't want to husslie like they fellow girls always looking for already seRved meals fools.in short those kinda of girls make me suck and those are the kinda of girl dat lose respect fr guys.
my guy wat can we do dan to b careful, imagine 2mnths ago, a friend(female) said"martinz forget o, we knw d tru guyz na just dat obi is still a boy he does nt hav d peppers to take care of d bills, wen obi is becomes a man we go come bck by den d pepper don come" i quickly reply, by then obi wont need nkechi again na simbi him go nid. DAUGHTERS ARE ROAMIN EVERY WHERE LOOKIN FOR SUCCESSFUL guys to devour we just nid to be careful, evrytin is nt as it seems. Girls can c 4yrs time of ur future so most of them nw com wen u ar almost comin to lime lite in d name dat " i was wit him was he was notin" my guy na lie...they ar all parasite, notin go 4 notin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by LesbianBoy(m): 1:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
bukatyne: Marriage is a partnership. I never said you would be the breadwinner but you both must contribute financially to the home esp if you want him to contribute domestically. Love makes life worth living. when there is no love in your home, even if your husband provides everything @ home, put your kids in best schools, shop for you in Paris, shower you wit gifts and jewelry etc you will feel empty inside. A lot of rich people are so unhappy cos they didn't marry for love. Don'T let their smiles and carriage fool you, they hug their lonely pillows and cry every night.

Younglady, this is so not true! If you say lots of Rich couples are not happy, lemme ask you So extremely poor couples are happy abi?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by LesbianBoy(m): 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
bukatyne: Marriage is a partnership. I never said you would be the breadwinner but you both must contribute financially to the home esp if you want him to contribute domestically. Love makes life worth living. when there is no love in your home, even if your husband provides everything @ home, put your kids in best schools, shop for you in Paris, shower you wit gifts and jewelry etc you will feel empty inside. A lot of rich people are so unhappy cos they didn't marry for love. Don'T let their smiles and carriage fool you, they hug their lonely pillows and cry every night.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by kokogee: 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
The REALITY of it that NO ONE WANTS TO PARTNER WITH A LIABILITY. Rich or not, potential is IMPORTANT. Man or woman, getting married to a parasite with no ambition brings you down faster than you can think of.

For me, I can marry anybody - poor or rich; provided she is ambitious and willing to contribute in building the home and making the family works.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by troy20(m): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
Koolking:

I like what u wrote. If those opinions are true reflection of who you are, you have my unrefined respect. You are one of the most beautiful ones the world was expecting. Hold on to your believe, the sky will not be your limit but ur starting point. Cheers
am bilwildered dat u guys all gettn creamed up by wat vivian said like she jst solvd some aged old complex mathimatical theoram.christ! It waz jst a half decent truth evrybody hear knows in dia hearts.c'mon guys wat makes u tink gurls who go 4 d rich dont know dis but choose 2 ignore.its even d poor ones 4rm poor backgrounds who would kill 2 hav d rich guyz.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by adetayoonas(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
If a man marries a rich woman. Then he should be ready to kiss her ass! As men we should try to be independent. That is why I love d igbo tribe. Their men try to work hard to cater for d family needs. Most of d guys I now these days always think of marrying a lady from a rich home. That u marry from a rich home does not mean they will transfer d wealth to u. Come to think of it, these ur wife also have a brother who is available to take her parentS properties. Wwhat about your ego as a man. Men let uS brace up. By d grace of God we can make it lagbara olorun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family / Why Men Cannot Do Without Women / List Of Woman Wrappers In The Romance Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.