Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? (19285 Views)

Ten Ways To Marry The Wrong Person / Skinny, Hourglass, Curvy Or Phat Ladies! Which Do Nigerians Prefer? (with Pics) / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by dejijohns(m): 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
grin
Ucheosefoh: I hope u are nt the only child of ur parent cus if so they are childless
grin
Ucheosefoh: I hope u are nt the only child of ur parent cus if so they are childless

hahahaaaaaa
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
payless:

Vivian is not in Nigeria. She lives in the U.S.
sory dude just came to town for xmas I live in the state also reside in houston so me and vivian can still got hook up ok cheers!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by GeneralGaricks: 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
mondi_cheeks: Sometimes I just think these men make themselves suffer, so u think those wealthy/stable families don't have high expectations which u will struggle to meet? The nice family gatherings and other social events...everyday some idi.ot is complaining about buying BIS and airtime, what makes u think u will be able to keep up wit what ur wife's family is used to angry so u think those wealthy families want u to bring ur rural mothers to their gatherings angry spoil everything for them and embarrass them in front of our pple in their social class

My Oh my. What are you trying to say
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by GeneralGaricks: 10:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
tpacalipse: Yeah she dey try. I like her post too. But the most annoying thing about marrying frm these poor background is that most of the time, the entire family tend to depend on u for a lot of things. And if care is not taken, they will run u down.

Once you marry the girl and she is on 9months course, tell her to chose between you and her family.

You know what she will do.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by safeLove(f): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
chiboy1928: it obvious u develop more when u find out he was from a rich home,but let be honest if dt money happens to vanish u will surely change and dat love won't be they and you no the truth let not decive ourself.u are so close more to him jst because of the money dt just d trutH girl.

My dear,
Theirs wasn't the 'vanishing' kind of money,and certaily wasn't the 'changing' kind of love.
If it was,somehow,we would have had enough within five years of dating. Don't you think?
Besides my dad isn't particularly a pauper.

It wasn't just the wealth,it was the influence and yes,it did challenge me a bit.

I knew if I had to be with this 'rich kid' whom I was so much in love with,I had to work hard to meet up. And I did. He graduated with a first class and I left school with a 2.1.
I earned the respect of his family.

He's gainfully employed in a reputable company and I run my own business. That's another way I earned their respect.

I knew from the begining that I had to earn my place in the family if I wanted to be with him, and you know what,I have.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by tpia5: 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
deviduff:
*sneezing* Bullshit

any reason why you're taking it personally?

your spiritual mentor told you differently?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Switsex(f): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
chiboy1928: so which have u been able to attract to urself,silly advice and silly quotation,I have seen a poor guy marrying a rich lady and vice versa dnt type come here to type Rubbish on your key board because u have got a free internet subscription tink before u used ur clueless itching fingers to type nonsense.
#Ignores d fool#
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Switsex(f): 10:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
chiboy1928: dat why I want to marry her and buy her the latest acura,take her to bahamas for vacation,she is the only intelligent girl in dis country that can eat my money for free,so guys keep off cos she is hooked now.I mean vivian incase u guys are wondering she is nw my wife!
Dnt go and read ur books,kip dreaming.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
Switsex: #Ignores d fool#
sometimes I wonder what kind of planet u came from,u urself is looking for a rich guy,u beta sit ur ass and look for a job to earn ur respect lazy girl,waiting for finished food already cooked!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
It's a poverty mentality that is behind the crave to marry the rich.

I naturally distance myself from people with rich backgrounds. And i hate people craving for other people's wealth when you are yet to exploit your own natural abilities to create a pool of sustainable wealth.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Pinkyshron(f): 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
Letz b realistic nobdy luvs sufferin....'M also 4rm a humble backqround n av bin denied a lot of tinz and humilated just because 'm not so rich...luv dosnt put food on d table moni dos...wen 2 pple marry solely because of luv n diaz no moni..they become frustrated..xpecialy d men dae turn 2 alcohol n al...d marriaqe won't just b a hapi 1...then u both bring kids in2 d wrld 2 let dem suffa n it hurts wen ur kids ask u 4 somtin n u can't qiv it 2 dem....getting married 2 a poor man wif d hope dah he'l become rich somday is gambling nt dat it dosnt hapen..but dats a gamble most pple r nt willn 2 take.... if u r lucky ur wish myt kum tru..if u r nt u'l spend d rest of ur life suffering n beqqing pple 4 moni when in need...I dont want dat kind of lyf I want my kids 2 have a comfortable n qood life..I myself also wants a comfortable lyf...itz nt lyk 'm qonna marry a man dat so wealthy that his wealth is evn suspicous but som1 who can make me n ma kids happy n I'll definately know d source of his
income.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Switsex(f): 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
chiboy1928: sometimes I wonder what kind of planet u came from,u urself is looking for a rich guy,u beta sit ur ass and look for a job to earn ur respect lazy girl,waiting for finished food already cooked!
Am already made,i can transform ur sorry life 4 gud...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 10:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
Switsex: Dnt go and read ur books,kip dreaming.
people like u will run my account down and put me in debt sory no space for u deleting mode activated!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
Switsex: Am already made,i can transform ur sorry life 4 gud...
hmmm u already made and looking for a rich guy,u beta go look for a job to do if u need some respect from a respectable guy,than sitting ur ass behind the computer and waiting for that rich dude some were to come ur way by miracle sory dear dis is naija u need to wake up from ur nite mare if u still dreaming wake up girl to reality and face life for real,u suck lol!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
This poster does not understand evolution.

Dis ado ekiti girl. Nah rich man you wan marry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
safeLove:

My dear,
Theirs wasn't the 'vanishing' kind of money,and certaily wasn't the 'changing' kind of love.
If it was,somehow,we would have had enough within five years of dating. Don't you think?
Besides my dad isn't particularly a pauper.

It wasn't just the wealth,it was the influence and yes,it did challenge me a bit.

I knew if I had to be with this 'rich kid' whom I was so much in love with,I had to work hard to meet up. And I did. He graduated with a first class and I left school with a 2.1.
I earned the respect of his family.

He's gainfully employed in a reputable company and I run my own business. That's another way I earned their respect.

I knew from the begining that I had to earn my place in the family if I wanted to be with him, and you know what,I have.

My dear don't bother yourself explaining anythng to anybody. Some people here just no dey hear word. They just hate hearing/seeing things like this. Iv learned that lesson. As long as you know you are happy and your hubby loves you, carry go.
I'm happy for you!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
tpia@:
i assume the "females" who make it a point of duty to show up in religion section regularly in order to curse their forefathers, will be wooed and married by the atheists, satanists and/or muslims there?

just asking, hope they're not believing God for a godfearing SO because stranger things do happen.
curse their forefathers? abeg no kill person with laff this evening o!lollllz grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
Vivian don't mind all those small boys online,am for real,also from a poor background,but have made it big.pls load this MTN card for best post-321654987512. Later dear.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Switsex(f): 10:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
chiboy1928: people like u will run my account down and put me in debt sory no space for u deleting mode activated!
#Ignores d fool again#
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
Pinkyshron: Letz b realistic nobdy luvs sufferin....'M olxo 4rm a humble backqround n av bin denied a lot of tinz n humilated jhus bcuz 'm nt xo rich...luv dosnt put fud on d table moni dos...wen 2 pple marry solely cuz of luv n diaz no moni..dae bkum frustrated..xpecialy d men dae turn 2 alcohol n ol...d marriaqe won't jhus b a hapi 1...den u bot bring kids in2 d wrld 2 let dem suffa n it hurts wen ur kids ask u 4 somtin n u can't qiv it 2 dem....gettn marid 2 a poor man wif d hope dah he'l bkum rich somdy is gamblin nt dah it dosnt hapen..buh dtz a gamble mst pple r nt willn 2 tk.... if u r lucky ur wish myt kum tru..if u r nt u'l spend d rest of ur lyf sufferin n beqqin pple 4 moni pple wen in nid...I dunt want dah kynd of lyf I want ma kids 2 av a comfortable n qud lyf..I masef alxo wants a comfortable lyf...itz nt lyk 'm qonna marri a man datz xo wealthy dah hiz wealth is evn suspicous buh som1 hu cn mk mi n ma kids hapi n I'l definatelyb knw d source of hiz income.
But it's ok to marry a man with potentials. A focused man with a determination to make it in life. You can NEVER remain poor with such a man!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
Pinkyshron: Letz b realistic nobdy luvs sufferin....'M olxo 4rm a humble backqround n av bin denied a lot of tinz n humilated jhus bcuz 'm nt xo rich...luv dosnt put fud on d table moni dos...wen 2 pple marry solely cuz of luv n diaz no moni..dae bkum frustrated..xpecialy d men dae turn 2 alcohol n ol...d marriaqe won't jhus b a hapi 1...den u bot bring kids in2 d wrld 2 let dem suffa n it hurts wen ur kids ask u 4 somtin n u can't qiv it 2 dem....gettn marid 2 a poor man wif d hope dah he'l bkum rich somdy is gamblin nt dah it dosnt hapen..buh dtz a gamble mst pple r nt willn 2 tk.... if u r lucky ur wish myt kum tru..if u r nt u'l spend d rest of ur lyf sufferin n beqqin pple 4 moni pple wen in nid...I dunt want dah kynd of lyf I want ma kids 2 av a comfortable n qud lyf..I masef alxo wants a comfortable lyf...itz nt lyk 'm qonna marri a man datz xo wealthy dah hiz wealth is evn suspicous buh som1 hu cn mk mi n ma kids hapi n I'l definatelyb knw d source of hiz income.

Please type in proper English; it's not everyone that understands shorthands. Be considerate of others as you type.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by seedord247(m): 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
chiboy1928: people like u will run my account down and put me in debt sory no space for u deleting mode activated!

Is there houston in Ghana?

Cus i thought you said you live in one remote village in ghana. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by vivianc(f): 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2012
grin Chei, I don laugh tire! Una no go kill me biko... Thanks guys, I really appreciate.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
seedord247:

The nicca is looking for greencard. grin
Yeah right!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
Op bro I don't think anyone wanna be proud of poverty. Yeah the broke says money isn't everything sure but life is pretty much easier, better and fun with money.

Talking about marrying from wealthy, here is the thing! My dad always say "you're only a gold digger if you're broke and looking for a rich partner" but if you're rich or wealthy and looking for a wealthy partner. It's called keeping up the level. Have you ever wondered why the rich go for the rich?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Pinkyshron(f): 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

Please type in proper English; it's not everyone that understands shorthands. Be considerate of others as you type.
ohhhh am so sorry...but how come u dont undastand shorthand wen ur name is written in shorthand...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Kzinne: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
safeLove: Rubbish!
So if a girl falls in love with a guy from a rich background she should dump him and go for a poor stuggling guy so that the marriage will last abi?

Arrant nonsense. My husband is from a very rich background and we met on my first day in the university of Lagos,Akoka. I was already head over heels in love with him before I discovered just how influential his family is. When I say influential,I mean big time old money.

We dated for five years and have been married for two years and I don't see thing that will pull us apart. We are still as tight as hand and glove.

I used myself as example because,money and riches do not decide who you love. Its the sincerity of your heart that matters.
u married a rich guy yet just last month u posted a topic where u were looking for a self contain to rent in yaba. na wa for u oh
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by DonWhizzy: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
seedord247:

Is there houston in Ghana?

Cus i thought you said you live in one remote village in ghana. cheesy cheesy

Cnt blìv this!

s3xkong, you sit dere and let comments like this fly yet woke up from your wet dreams and had mine not only removed buh you fry мч handle? Haw partial can a mod get?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Switsex(f): 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
chiboy1928: hmmm u already made and looking for a rich guy,u beta go look for a job to do if u need some respect from a respectable guy,than sitting ur ass behind the computer and waiting for that rich dude some were to come ur way by miracle sory dear dis is naija u need to wake up from ur nite mare if u still dreaming wake up girl to reality and face life for real,u suck lol!
Show me were i stated dat i nid a rich guy u fool,maybe i nid to make u feel jealous.I came 4rm a wealthy family so stop d iish
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chronique(m): 11:15pm On Dec 25, 2012

I HOPE YOU KNOW YOU HAVEN'T COMMUNICATED ANYTHING TO "MOST" PEOPLE HERE... HOW ON EARTH DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO UNDERSTAND "XO" "OLXO"? THIS IS GROSS!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Will Savor, Eat, Suck, Kiss, Relish And Fùck This Cute Guy (pics) / List Of Woman Wrappers In The Romance Section / Benefits Of Having A Big Pennis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.