Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? (19286 Views)

Ten Ways To Marry The Wrong Person / Skinny, Hourglass, Curvy Or Phat Ladies! Which Do Nigerians Prefer? (with Pics) / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Kzinne: 12:45am On Dec 26, 2012
chiboy1928: hw u dey I dey feel ur vibe wich kind self contain u want self hope u no say self contain get size, as a big girl way u claim yaba no go dey gud for u to rent self contain,u fit try VGC u go get beta self contain for ur staff,with complete ac or split unit and mosquito no go dey bite ur staff,but come oh u harsh oh,hw come u won go hire self contain for yaba abi u don forget say nah dey mosquito get park abeg if u ready to hire self contain as a big girl way dey make 3million make I no I fit give u link,but make I no lie shay I dey always see u for iya sikira joint abi no be u,nah,nah,nah na u I see I sure!
guy i tire oh, no mind d girl na lie full her mouth
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 12:59am On Dec 26, 2012
That is the reason I would love to marry a ghanian girl they are very simple,humble,down to earth,loving and cAring most of them are faithful unlike our nigeria girls waiting for a sweet rich guy,or a posh house @ lekki.majority of our nigeria girls with dat rich syndrome mentality suck can never marry a nijah girls,but if I would, I will rather go for the girl dat grow up in d village and give her a sound education not dis city girl lookin for fried chicken and burger waitin to dry ur fat account till u get broke in d name fake love!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 26, 2012
vivian chinaza: I'm from a very humble background or should I say poor? Yea poor sounds like it, "humble" just makes it bearable, Lol, ok. But rich guys keep coming for me, and no one has ever cared about my family's financial/social status. In fact, that's the first thing I tell them, I'm always like "dear, don't let my looks deceive you, I'm from a very humble background o." I'm Vivian, and that should be enough!
So contrary to your opinion, majority of guys don't actually care.

A lot of ladies who have misplaced their priorities actually care about how rich a guy is before they consider him and I just pity them. I just hope they realize that the life of a man is a mystery. A man's life can change in a twinkle of an eye.

I'm friends with a lot of people who at one time couldn't even afford a decent meal, but just one phone call changed their lives for best, and vice versa.

Last year, I did a job for this couple that had no house. The groom is my friend and as at then the most valuable property he had was his laptop. In fact, when he told me he was getting married I was like "are u crazy?" Cos he didn't even have a house. Few weeks to the wedding someone gave them a room in his flat and they were squatting there. Whenever I went to the house to discuss their wedding I was always like "how could this girl get married to a man that doesn't have a house?" Honestly, I couldn't understand, I couldn't even think of myself doing it. Well, there marriage is a year old and they are now living in one of the beautifully furnished house I have ever seen.

Stories like this humble me, and I of all the things I have seen in my few years on earth, I have known that riches cannot be guaranteed. I have also known that life is a mystery.

So if you fall in love with someone from a rich background good, if you fall in love with someone from a humble background good too. Marrying a rich person is not a crime, marrying a poor person is not a crime either, provided that LOVE is the driving force.
Wow i love this. Believe me i never wanted to comment on any topic only to read. but this your post refused to obey me. so we still have wise people alive
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Kzinne: 1:09am On Dec 26, 2012
Fredrick909: Wow i love this. Believe me i never wanted to comment on any topic only to read. but this your post refused to obey me. so we still have wise people alive
guy dont fall for her tricks, all na packaging
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by vivianc(f): 1:18am On Dec 26, 2012
chiboy1928: Vivian hope u never sleep,hope nepa give u light, because I no wan make u and make mosquito dey do u beat me I beat u!

grin grin chei!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by seedord247(m): 1:21am On Dec 26, 2012
Fredrick909: Wow i love this. Believe me i never wanted to comment on any topic only to read. but this your post refused to obey me. so we still have wise people alive

Na today we dey hear this?.. Bross parkwell jor. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 3:27am On Dec 26, 2012
mondi_cheeks: Sometimes I just think these men make themselves suffer, so u think those wealthy/stable families don't have high expectations which u will struggle to meet? The nice family gatherings and other social events...everyday some idi.ot is complaining about buying BIS and airtime, what makes u think u will be able to keep up wit what ur wife's family is used to angry so u think those wealthy families want u to bring ur rural mothers to their gatherings angry spoil everything for them and embarrass them in front of our pple in their social class
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by promire2004(f): 3:30am On Dec 26, 2012
LastApostle:
No need of writing epistles to buttress your standpoint. I can make poverty disappear from your lineage permanently.

Smh....u're soooooooo pathetic. I learn't a lot from what you referred to as an "epistle". Be nice and stop been sarcastic.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by moneyhungry(m): 3:36am On Dec 26, 2012
most beautiful girls don't have good manners... and most girls with good manners are not beautiful.
the search for beauty and brains is a very tough one... especially in a country like naija.
but daz my dream in a wife ... so help me o lord!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 3:42am On Dec 26, 2012
money-hungry :
most beautiful girls don't have good manners... and most girls with good manners are not beautiful.
the search for beauty and brains is a very tough one... especially in a country like naija.
but daz my dream in a wife ... so help me o lord!
true talk my broda
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by moneyhungry(m): 3:48am On Dec 26, 2012
safeLove:

Ode! Am sure that's not all you saw. Like I said I run my own(catering) business and I have staff I take care of their welfare for my business convinience.

And let me put it to you that I have benefitted a lot from NL in terms of patronage. This season alone I made nothing less than 3m from catering for companies.

NB in case you have a self contain I yaba,I still need one,cos I still have some staff I need to accomodate.

I don't even know why am replying you.
u mean am? wow!!! tell me more...
well, i am also an entrepreneur like you, i own EKO HOTEL....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by larrypha(f): 4:23am On Dec 26, 2012
tpacalipse: Yeah she dey try. I like her post too. But the most annoying thing about marrying frm these poor background is that most of the time, the entire family tend to depend on u for a lot of things. And if care is not taken, they will run u down.
But my dear, av learnt one very important thing in life, givers NEVER lack (humble givers, actuali). So yea, sum families can be a pain in the a**, but do what u capable of Aπϑ leave the rest
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 26, 2012
General Garicks:

My Oh my. What are you trying to say
exactly what I wrote angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 26, 2012
Martowskin: come here dey talk like beta person, well i knw u dnt even want to c his rural parents because by then they wil be under 6ft as u wish.
must u carry everything to the next thread
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 26, 2012
paveinc: what's your point?
wealthy families may not expect monthly groceries from their in law but they definitely expect more from him. Unless he is ready to keep up it the standards
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by mimifonwon(f): 6:39am On Dec 26, 2012
chiboy1928: That is the reason I would love to marry a ghanian girl they are very simple,humble,down to earth,loving and cAring most of them are faithful unlike our nigeria girls waiting for a sweet rich guy,or a posh house @ lekki.majority of our nigeria girls with dat rich syndrome mentality suck can never marry a nijah girls,but if I would, I will rather go for the girl dat grow up in d village and give her a sound education not dis city girl lookin for fried chicken and burger waitin to dry ur fat account till u get broke in d name fake love!

boy please, are u alright in the brain department, lmaoo, infact just dont generalize... the village girls could be worse, and it has nothing to do with the individual's location, but the person itself and their upbringing, you might find rich humble girls, and the truth is most girls that come from money are usually very humble, its usually those that their parent comes into "new money" that have big head and do the am a rich posh this etc, and sometimes some just fake being well off. I know a lot of girls that play am a rich girl in lagos when their papa and mama live for village and no fit get three sq meal. so dont generalize, it could cost u a good woman, an u never know she might be rich----with love 4 ya smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by shizzle11(m): 6:47am On Dec 26, 2012
Choi! See as Vivian don cause hold-up for dis thread. Wannabee's springing from left, right and center, nawao boiz no dey slack.

ATTENTION GUYS!
Application as boo for Vivian Chinaza is herby closed. Look elsewhere, or better still go get busy and make some 'pepper'.

Vivian, uche gi dikwa ya'o cos dem fake boiz plenty for hia.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by shizzle11(m): 6:50am On Dec 26, 2012
money-hungry :

u mean am? wow!!! tell me more...
well, i am also an entrepreneur like you, i own EKO HOTEL....

LMAO!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by bukatyne(f): 7:04am On Dec 26, 2012
LastApostle:
No need of writing epistles to buttress your standpoint. I can make poverty disappear from your lineage permanently.
and did she complain to you that she's not content wit her position? or do you think money is every thing? if you are serious wit this post, people like you have nothing to offer except money which is very sad. you keep trying to buy people till you realise you don't have d most important thing: their heart!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by bukatyne(f): 7:19am On Dec 26, 2012
AG.gal:
U dnt have 2 be d world's richest man to be my husband. Just make sure u can send my children to d best schools n give them d best in life
This mentality is boggling. it depends on what u term as the 'best'. why should you wait for a man that will give your children the 'best'? why can't you look for a man you can give your kids the best together? are the kids not yours too? and we will cry foul when the men maltreat us. He who pays the piper dictates the tune.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by bukatyne(f): 7:19am On Dec 26, 2012
AG.gal:
U dnt have 2 be d world's richest man to be my husband. Just make sure u can send my children to d best schools n give them d best in life
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by NaMe4: 7:24am On Dec 26, 2012
vivian chinaza: I'm from a very humble background or should I say poor? Yea poor sounds like it, "humble" just makes it bearable, Lol, ok. But rich guys keep coming for me, and no one has ever cared about my family's financial/social status. In fact, that's the first thing I tell them, I'm always like "dear, don't let my looks deceive you, I'm from a very humble background o." I'm Vivian, and that should be enough!

A lot of ladies who have misplaced their priorities actually care about how rich a guy is before they consider him and I just pity them. I just hope they realize that the life of a man is a mystery. A man's life can change in a twinkle of an eye.

I'm friends with a lot of people who at one time couldn't even afford a decent meal, but just one phone call changed their lives for best, and vice versa.

Last year, I did a job for this couple that had no house. The groom is my friend and as at then the most valuable property he had was his laptop. In fact, when he told me he was getting married I was like "are u crazy?" Cos he didn't even have a house. Few weeks to the wedding someone gave them a room in his flat and they were squatting there. Whenever I went to the house to discuss their wedding I was always like "how could this girl get married to a man that doesn't have a house?" Honestly, I couldn't understand, I couldn't even think of myself doing it. Well, there marriage is a year old and they are now living in one of the beautifully furnished house I have ever seen.

Stories like this humble me, and I of all the things I have seen in my few years on earth, I have known that riches cannot be guaranteed. I have also known that life is a mystery.

So if you fall in love with someone from a rich background good, if you fall in love with someone from a humble background good too. Marrying a rich person is not a crime, marrying a poor person is not a crime either, provided that LOVE is the driving force.

Babe, you make too much Brain!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by bukatyne(f): 7:37am On Dec 26, 2012
Pinkyshron: Letz b realistic nobdy luvs sufferin....'M also 4rm a humble backqround n av bin denied a lot of tinz and humilated just because 'm not so rich...luv dosnt put food on d table moni dos...wen 2 pple marry solely because of luv n diaz no moni..they become frustrated..xpecialy d men dae turn 2 alcohol n al...d marriaqe won't just b a hapi 1...then u both bring kids in2 d wrld 2 let dem suffa n it hurts wen ur kids ask u 4 somtin n u can't qiv it 2 dem....getting married 2 a poor man wif d hope dah he'l become rich somday is gambling nt dat it dosnt hapen..but dats a gamble most pple r nt willn 2 take.... if u r lucky ur wish myt kum tru..if u r nt u'l spend d rest of ur life suffering n beqqing pple 4 moni when in need...I dont want dat kind of lyf I want my kids 2 have a comfortable n qood life..I myself also wants a comfortable lyf...itz nt lyk 'm qonna marry a man dat so wealthy that his wealth is evn suspicous but som1 who can make me n ma kids happy n I'll definately know d source of his
income.
love doesn't put food on the table but lack of love doesn't let you eat food on the table. Have you ever wondered why it's women always running from one church to another b'cos of their marriages? it's b'cos 80% of them married for the wrong reasons! so a husband is your ticket to good life... why don't you use the brain God gave you to think about making your life better? God has deposited something in everyone to make them succeed. what if you marry the comfortable man and things turn about tomorrow? i rather marry a poor man who loves me than marry a comfortable man who doesn't! i crave for things i can't give myself in my husband so we can be complement one another! i can't hug myself, make love to myself, watch my back, support myself etc but i can make tons of money, buy myself cars/houses/clothes/shoes, send my kids to d best schools, travel round the world etc!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:47am On Dec 26, 2012
Pinkyshron: ohhhh am so sorry...but how come u dont undastand shorthand wen ur name is written in shorthand...

My username isn't in shorthand; it's a funkified version of my name. So, I don't see any shorthand in that. Moreover, shorthands are reduced words of much bigger words; so in respect to my username, it's much longer than my actual name.

My point is: please let your comments be readable and easily comprehensible to other readers. Remember, it's not only the young ones who surf nairaland, even elderly ones do and also foreigners.

It's not everyone who understands your style of writing; please leave assumption aside and type correctly.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by COOLDUN: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2012
tpacalipse: In most cases, the major problems marrying these poor ladies are their parents, especially their mothers. They specifically make the daughters understand that they shud not bring home a man who will not cater for the whole family. Damn! It is irritating.

You are right my dear, but they forgot that they are poor people also, if every girl should be waiting for rich men which means that marriages will stop in Nigeria, because rich men are not many like poor men. Any lady who looks at your physical appearance, financial, and background before accepting your marriage proposal is never your wife. This is a big mistake our men do nowadays that crash their marriages in few days. When you get your real wife, she will never listen to her poor family. Man should help his in-laws but not on the threat and discomfort of his own family.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by COOLDUN: 8:02am On Dec 26, 2012
Kzinne: most of d 'likers' are down wit inferior complex. dey are so so scared of dating a sophisticated upscale lady and so vivian looks like a lady dey can intimidate and control

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. Enemy of truth.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by AGgal(f): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2012
shymexx:

How do you expect him to do that when he's scrounging for crumbs everywhere undecided undecided
because i said i dnt want to get married to d world's richest man doesnt mean i want to get married to a pauper. Read wit understanding

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by ayox2003: 8:15am On Dec 26, 2012

Obviously this is a lady who's got a good head on her shoulder.

Frawzey
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 8:15am On Dec 26, 2012
mimifonwon:

boy please, are u alright in the brain department, lmaoo, infact just dont generalize... the village girls could be worse, and it has nothing to do with the individual's location, but the person itself and their upbringing, you might find rich humble girls, and the truth is most girls that come from money are usually very humble, its usually those that their parent comes into "new money" that have big head and do the am a rich posh this etc, and sometimes some just fake being well off. I know a lot of girls that play am a rich girl in lagos when their papa and mama live for village and no fit get three sq meal. so dont generalize, it could cost u a good woman, an u never know she might be rich----with love 4 ya smiley
hmmm let me just say u have stolen my heart honestly no kidding send me ur details ok merry xmas u are truly an african woman thumbs up!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by ayox2003: 8:28am On Dec 26, 2012
AG.gal:
U dnt have 2 be d world's richest man to be my husband. Just make sure U can send my children to d best schools n give them d best in life

Poor-huckster. Not even ready to take any responsibility. 'U'...as if husbands are the only one meant to cater for kids.

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 26, 2012
OP, your friend is just whack and nigerians do not marry rich people, your generalisation is annoying.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 26, 2012
I am just an observer, this tread has attracted lot of intelligent minds.You all are beautiful people. Enjoy the holiday season.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family / I Will Savor, Eat, Suck, Kiss, Relish And Fùck This Cute Guy (pics) / List Of Woman Wrappers In The Romance Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.