Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last (14775 Views)

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? / Can A Relationship Last Without Sex? / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Mynd44: 9:15am On Dec 28, 2012
sexkillz: In that case, space would refer to mobile devices, "me-time" and of course, when she is in the toilet.
Which is what she is talking about.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 28, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Toilet ke? Lolz... Crazy child!
That space important die! grin grin cheesy
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by LadyTC: 9:18am On Dec 28, 2012
sexkillz: In that case, space would refer to mobile devices, "me-time" and of course, when she is in the toilet.

Not my own me time. If there s a spare room in the house you can always go there are rejuvinate, re-energise. But not sleeping in the same room IMHO is not a good thing and can cause distance between couples. You can always go stay with a family reason you are going to spend time with them. Am just saying if you are in the same house and you dnt stay in the same bedroom that's not good. Except you started ur marriage as you will have seperate rooms and you both felt that way from day 1.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Afam4eva(m): 9:18am On Dec 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
Sleep in the same bedroom yesI am not arguing that but separate rooms in the sense that you have a place to retreat to and have some time alone where you can close the door and breathe easy
You guys are making it seem like marriage is a job. It's either you're married or you're not. Are you insinuating that people don't breathe in marriages?

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2012
LadyTC:

Not my own me time. If there s a spare room in the house you can always go there are rejuvinate, re-energise. But not sleeping in the same room IMHO is not a good thing and can cause distance between couples. You can always go stay with a family reason you are going to spend time with them. Am just saying if you are in the same house and you dnt stay in the same bedroom that's not good. Except you started ur marriage as you will have seperate rooms and you both felt that way for day 1.
I was not in any form of disagreement with what you said earlier. . .
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Mynd44: 9:20am On Dec 28, 2012
LadyTC:

Not my own me time. If there s a spare room in the house you can always go there are rejuvinate, re-energise. But not sleeping in the same room IMHO is not a good thing and can cause distance between couples. You can always go stay with a family reason you are going to spend time with them. Am just saying if you are in the same house and you dnt stay in the same bedroom that's not good. Except you started ur marriage as you will have seperate rooms and you both felt that way for day 1.
Where did you see anyone say "sleep in seperate rooms"? We meant you own room where you can hang out and chill
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by DExplorer1: 9:21am On Dec 28, 2012
Going through all these comments, i think we gonna be having more boring marriages. To a minimal degree, i agree there's freshness with space but it shouldn't sound like there are no potent alternatives. If we solely depend on the potency of 'spacing', what will marriage holds where be say na everyday una go dey see each other.

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Mynd44: 9:22am On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
You guys are making it seem like marriage is a job. It's either you're married or you're not. Are you insinuating that people don't breathe in marriages?
Actually, marriage is more than your job. A job stops at closing but marriage lasts 24 hours a day and at some point you would need a place to "re-energise" and it is at this point you need seperate rooms

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by LadyTC: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2012
afam4eva:
That's not what we are saying, some people work differently we just like having time to ourselves, we need that time alone or we might feel suffocated and we work better when we are alone, we focus more with everything life has to offer.I quite agree with mynd 44 aswell. About it being a job cos u have to work at it to make it work when u are past ur honeymoon phase.in that sense its a job.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by LadyTC: 9:42am On Dec 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
Where did you see anyone say "sleep in seperate rooms"? We meant you own room where you can hang out and chill

Well when you said couples are advised to have seperate bedrooms, that automatically means to me she has her room he has his own room, hence they sleep in seperate bedrooms my bad! I mean what else does that mean.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by LadyTC: 9:43am On Dec 28, 2012
sexkillz: I was not in any form of disagreement with what you said earlier. . .
Okay noted!!
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Mynd44: 9:47am On Dec 28, 2012
LadyTC:

Well when you said couples are advised to have seperate bedrooms, that automatically means to me she has her room he has his own room, hence they sleep in seperate bedrooms my bad! I mean what else does that mean.
Just cos you have seperate rooms does not mean you sleep seperately babe. That is my point
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by LadyTC: 9:55am On Dec 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
Just cos you have seperate rooms does not mean you sleep seperately babe. That is my point
My bad! Noted!
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Mynd44: 10:03am On Dec 28, 2012
LadyTC:
My bad! Noted!
Aight
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 28, 2012
Spacing
Spacing in my own definition is when you are terrible hurt over some issues/ cases of bereavement and you need time to think things through and get your normal self back!
Already when married you should be able to be yourself,be "me", you should live your life according to your own dreams and exactly how you want it, in alignment with your spouse's dreams/life as well but not living the life of your spouse!
But then once both spouse's are working, that should be enough space.
Sleeping in different rooms, should not be even thought of. It breeds lots of things, once it becomes a habit/norm.
That's why its highly important to marry someone you really really love and u are sure you do love that person-Even though that's like looking for needles in a heap of sand, especially in this present generation.Or better still marry a friend. If you do this, you would never run out of things to talk about, neither would you ever get tired of your spouse!
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by sheblayze(f): 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
The spacing thingy is well thought of. Once in a while we all need a vacation from everything, including friends, family and work. One simple solution to boredom in marriage is rebranding. If wifey is busy tryina upgrade in her career and hubby(husband)is doing same, the result might be 2-sided. Either the "getting a space" thingy is achieved and life gets more exciting, Or couple gets torn apart. It happens everyday, I mean, suddenly hubby or wifey wakes up and say "we used to do stuff together, but now we're like strangers to eachother". You know what the next thing is! "divorce". Methink that, whoever you wanna get married to should be someone who will give you all the PEACE you want. And that can only come from someone who understands you perfectly well.

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by DisGuy: 7:56am On Dec 29, 2012
I endorse i Endorse!!

Damn! its suffocating!!

When i get married i'll make sure i live in another town or at least another house!!
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 29, 2012
Abi? It's good to have some freedom every now and then.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by DisGuy: 8:20am On Dec 29, 2012
Yup unfortunately some people start panicking or

think you're going cold turkey on the relationship
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 29, 2012
I agree.

And just for the record, marriage IS a job, like 'jobs', it requires the 'tools of the trade' (whatever you personally consider them to be)

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 29, 2012
Suffocation is bad. Ȋ̝̊̅† leads to death in anything.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 29, 2012
Dis Guy: I endorse i Endorse!!

Damn! its suffocating!!

When i get married i'll make sure i live in another town or at least another house!!
Haba, that is too extreme! grin At least, u could stay in a diff room if u want to have some 'space'.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by vanstanzy(m): 9:29am On Dec 29, 2012
Not so much of personal space, but also respect for ur partners feelings and time.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 29, 2012
vanstanzy: Not so much of personal space, but also respect for ur partners feelings and time.
Gbam!
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by stacomaster(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 29, 2012
Nice one!

I love my space, when hubby goes offshore, I have 4 weeks to myself to do whatever I want, wake up anytime, eat junk etc....I can't ask for more. When he comes home, it's like the relationship just started. I also love going for a trip outside my residence.....

You can never ask for more... cheesy
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by vanstanzy(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2012
Ogugua88, are u still a Satanist? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Sorry if am intruding on ur space? Just want to tell u that if u still have a hand in it, pls get off it FAST and embrace Christ now.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nuzo1(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2012
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Out of sight is out of mind.

This is serious! tongue
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2012
vanstanzy: Ogugua88, are u still a Satanist? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Sorry if am intruding on ur space? Just want to tell u that if u still have a hand in it, pls get off it FAST and embrace Christ now.

Was I a satanist before?
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 29, 2012
ogugua88:

Was I a satanist before?
Just ignore d guy joor.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by ignis: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2012
Nice
I was thinking am the only one that demands for space in relationship.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by vanstanzy(m): 9:48am On Dec 29, 2012
ogugua88:

Was I a satanist before?

I asked a question, cos i honestly didn't know. Sorry for intruding on ur space. sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies.. How Good Do You Look When Naked (photos) / Ladies: How Long Before You Accept A Wooing Guy? / Na Wa For Men Ooooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.