Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,018 members, 7,814,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last (14776 Views)

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? / Can A Relationship Last Without Sex? / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by badezu: 1:58am On Dec 30, 2012
Understanding is key

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by EzePromoe: 7:28am On Dec 30, 2012
Ogugua, you're as a Nigerian living in diaspora may have a view of this phenomenon just as your hosts views it. But all in all, [size=18pt]THIS IS AFRICA![/size] We don't view things as you tend to view it there. [size=18pt]Spacing is seen here as weakness or been bored hence giving your partner especially the man every reason to bring in a third party.[/size] So if you've have the wish of getting married to an African brought up in Africa by Africans, then start from today to learn how to get the issue of spacing outta your mind.

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 30, 2012
Na wa o. All that for me?

No one has to view things as I do. I simply saw an article I liked and posted it in hopes of others liking it too. It's nearly 2013, not 1913. We as Nigerians/Africans have learned to speak up about our unhappy relationships and marriages or those of others, in hopes of seeking solutions to those problems and preventing them from reoccuring. The concept of spacing is one I agree with. It's possible that others in unhappy relationships can have time to themselves and while in solitude, realize who they're missing, and then find their ways back to their loved ones as well as sanity.

I pray una read the article o. Again, spacing is not a long vacation, not in most cases. When you're stressed or not feeling your best with your significant other or spouse, go away for a while and find your footing again.

Others can perceive it however they wish. I no send. I'm not dating or married to them and they certainly don't know what's best for me or my relationship. If spacing can sustain us, then so be it.

If I do get married, it is my wish that he'll be a Nigerian brought up by a Nigerian family in Nigeria. It's also my wish that he'll be progressive and understanding, rather than uncompromising and demanding. He exists cool

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by EzePromoe: 8:06am On Dec 30, 2012
*Walks to the cupboard*
*Searching for old-school music*
*Finds one by Bright Chimezie titled 'Oyibo mentality' and plays it.*

Back to topic,
I wasn't saying the article was bad but what it would mean to an African man who has been looking for a way to sleep outside but because of what people would say, he tries as hard as possible to sustain his urges and you come as an African lady to your African man and say, 'nyem ohere' or 'funmi space'. Awwwwwwwww!

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 30, 2012
"Oyibo Mentality"? undecided

Hardly. Our mentality is to shut up and take whichever problems come our way. We all have stories of parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc., who were in unhappy relationships but endured them, often times for fear of the "s" word: SHAME.

Seeking ways to rekindling the romance flame is not "oyibo mentality" but common sense. If something's failing or not working, the obvious response is to find a way to make it work. Nigerians are too used to the "if it's not working make we manage am like dat" philosophy. Sometimes, it's manageable. Often times, it's not.

I'd rather be married for 30 years and happy or at least trying to make my husband and I happier than married and miserable and unwilling to make changes.

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by remmer56(m): 12:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
Tired of liking your post, wld rather jst wish I knew u in person.. I'll meet ur type someday... Nice post girl..

ogugua88: "Oyibo Mentality"? undecided

Hardly. Our mentality is to shut up and take whichever problems come our way. We all have stories of parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc., who were in unhappy relationships but endured them, often times for fear of the "s" word: SHAME.

Seeking ways to rekindling the romance flame is not "oyibo mentality" but common sense. If something's failing or not working, the obvious response is to find a way to make it work. Nigerians are too used to the "if it's not working make we manage am like dat" philosophy. Sometimes, it's manageable. Often times, it's not.

I'd rather be married for 30 years and happy or at least trying to make my husband and I happier than married and miserable and unwilling to make changes.

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by EzePromoe: 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
Ogugua, you made a nice post no doubt. But the point I was trying to make is that spacing is not the average African way. When the average African man were able to manage as many as 10 wives in the olden days, why would they wan't to cope with the word 'spacing' with only one wife.

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
Of course it's not the average line of thought. Why else would I post it? Lol. smiley
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by malaria(f): 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
Am taking a corner .
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by mattaz(m): 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
afam4eva:
You guys are making it seem like marriage is a job. It's either you're married or you're not. Are you insinuating that people don't breathe in marriages?

Bros help me ask dem Ooº°˚
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by pyneapples: 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2013
Ask on www.fabulous-city.com and get an expert to answer your question.
Good luck!
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by malaria(f): 1:53pm On Feb 01, 2013
Eze Promoe: *Walks to the cupboard*
*Searching for old-school music*
*Finds one by Bright Chimezie titled 'Oyibo mentality' and plays it.*

Back to topic,
I wasn't saying the article was bad but what it would mean to an African man who has been looking for a way to sleep outside but because of what people would say, he tries as hard as possible to sustain his urges and you come as an African lady to your African man and say, 'nyem ohere' or 'funmi space'. Awwwwwwwww!
Okoro iji okwu, I Na anukwa, nyem ohere. hmmm. Ndi rescue mission(runz girls) never go. Strike. Na.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by EzePromoe: 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2013
malaria:
Okoro iji okwu, I Na anukwa, nyem ohere. hmmm. Ndi rescue mission(runz girls) never go. Strike. Na.
Nne, i sa gi okwu n'atum egwu o. Aha gi nka. Bikokwa o. Alubeghim nwayi o, akpatabem nnukwu ego i nke mu na malaria i buru enyi. Kedu ka imere wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies.. How Good Do You Look When Naked (photos) / Ladies: How Long Before You Accept A Wooing Guy? / Na Wa For Men Ooooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.