Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last (14777 Views)

How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? / Can A Relationship Last Without Sex? / How to Make a Relationship Last...? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by vanstanzy(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2012
CFCfan:
Just ignore d guy joor.

Clearly i wasn't talking to u, radio. angry angry angry angry
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 29, 2012
vanstanzy:

Clearly i wasn't talking to u, radio. angry angry angry angry

I know. But why are u asking that type of question on a public forum? Its simply astonishing.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by ITbomb(m): 9:53am On Dec 29, 2012
Problem is, sometimes the space may allow the mind to roam and another party comes along and fulfil the fantasy, making the re-entry very difficult
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Idowuogbo(f): 9:57am On Dec 29, 2012
ITbomb: Problem is, sometimes the space may allow the mind to roam and another party comes along and fulfil the fantasy, making the re-entry very difficult
Mind to roam go whia Only slutsss like urself will give room for dat.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by vanstanzy(m): 9:59am On Dec 29, 2012
CFCfan:

I know. But why are u asking that type of question on a public forum? Its simply astonishing.

Now that u've calmed down to talk, we'll talk. Firstly, In the Religion section, satanism is also discussed and there have been notable members in those threads. Secondly, this is a public forum, yes. But do u see anyones' faces, who has not posted his/ her pic? No. Its a faceless public forum, unlike facebook. God knows i wouldn't ask her such there.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2012
ITbomb: Problem is, sometimes the space may allow the mind to roam and another party comes along and fulfil the fantasy, making the re-entry very difficult

Personal space, as in go to a park and relax, or read for an hour a day by yourself. No one is talking of six months vacation and falling for a nudist named Gustavo. Lol.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2012
ogugua88:

Personal space, as in go to a park and relax, or read for an hour a day by yourself. No one is talking of six months vacation and falling for a nudist named Gustavo.
lol i know right
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by ITbomb(m): 10:02am On Dec 29, 2012
*fart on her comment and leave*
Idowuogbo:
Mind to roam go whia Only slutsss like urself will give room for dat.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2012
vanstanzy: I asked a question, cos i honestly didn't know. Sorry for intruding on ur space. sad sad sad

I'm not a satanist.

As you dey suffocate me now, make I go find personal space. Lol.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 29, 2012
vanstanzy:

Now that u've calmed down to talk, we'll talk. Firstly, In the Religion section, satanism is also discussed and there have been notable members in those threads. Secondly, this is a public forum, yes. But do u see anyones' faces, who has not posted his/ her pic? No. Its a faceless public forum, unlike facebook. God knows i wouldn't ask her such there.

Noted. Anyway, the personal faiths of nairalanders ain't my cup of tea.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by jaybee3(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2012
Personal space for the right reasons if not in a committed relationship isn't necessarily a bad thing but most times it's just an excuse to play away.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by ITbomb(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2012
ogugua88:

Personal space, as in go to a park and relax, or read for an hour a day by yourself. No one is talking of six months vacation and falling for a nudist named Gustavo. Lol.
She had all the working hours to herself and coming back for a few hours to be with her before u sleep , she says she need space .
FOR WHAT!!!!!!
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 29, 2012
ITbomb: She had all the working hours to herself and coming back for a few hours to be with her before u sleep , she says she need space .
FOR WHAT!!!!!!

Well, there are several reasons she can ask for space in such a situation. I'll examine one.

She works all day, has a nagging boss, papers stacked on her desk, etc. She goes home and meets domestic responsibilities, which she performs. There's nothing wrong with her wanting some time to herself to wind down. I know I surely would. Let her read, watch her favorite program, work out, or whatever she wants to do. Then, she'll meet you in the bedroom.

Sometimes, all you have to do is put yourself in someone's shoes. My mother didn't start giving herself personal time until recently. She's a changed woman, for the better, and I'm very happy for her.

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by mindboggler: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2012
[quote author=LadyTC]
I don't really know about seperate bedrooms though that is a bit much. I think there is enough space in the house or should be to get some me time. I feel couples if married should make sure they sleep in the same bedroom.[/quot

Having separate rooms does not necessarily mean that the couple spend their nights in their own separate rooms. The woman can have a room where she keeps her clothes, foot wears and generally everything that belongs to her but every night, she spends it with her husband in his room.
Even if she has to sleep in her room then it was imperative that she slept there. Perhaps there's a nursing baby or there was a once in a while quarrel with her husband and she needs to cool off or she just needs to be alone away from hubby, the kids, etc. The list is endless.
Separate rooms are really important.

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 29, 2012
In a given day, how long should a partner have 'me' time?
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by ITbomb(m): 10:15am On Dec 29, 2012
ogugua88:

Well, there are several reasons she can ask for space in such a situation. I'll examine one.

She works all day, has a nagging boss, papers stacked on her desk, etc. She goes home and meets domestic responsibilities, which she performs. There's nothing wrong with her wanting some time to herself to wind down. I know I surely would. Let her read, watch her favorite program, work out, or whatever she wants to do. Then, she'll meet you in the bedroom.

Sometimes, all you have to do is put yourself in someone's shoes. My mother didn't start giving herself personal time until recently. She's a changed woman, for the better, and I'm very happy for her.
^^^u could be a preacher, u know

2 Likes

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by greatgeo(m): 10:19am On Dec 29, 2012
Personal space is just d because it has help me to do all d study i need to get to d next level of my carrier.it also help to love and understand ur partner better.u need it
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 29, 2012
A partner can also need personal space during d flu season, when he/she coughs excessively cheesy

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by DukeNija(m): 10:26am On Dec 29, 2012
Rubbish!!!
Space in Marriage??

Space Ko! Space Ni!
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 29, 2012
Duke_Nija: Rubbish!!!
Space in Marriage??

Space Ko! Space Ni!

Just as you're the Duke of Naija, you'll need some personal space from d duchess to think about some things eg the removal of fuel subsidy and the price of alomo bitters grin
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by DukeNija(m): 10:50am On Dec 29, 2012
@CFC
Lol @ the price of Alomo bitters.
Nothing guarantees anything.
Not Space nor 'Choking'

A Marriage will succeed or Fail if it will.
Its the players d@ matter most.

Couples will definitely get their alone time. So asking for space is down right repugnant. All these divorcees in the making sef!! angry
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 29, 2012
@Duke Nija: you're right. I think couples need to solve MOST of their issues together. As the popular proverb says, two (or more, if in a polygamous relationship) heads are better than one.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by nnachichi(f): 11:23am On Dec 29, 2012
ogugua88:

We have our quiet moments. There are also times where I'd rather talk to someone else lol.
True!

1 Like

Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by nnachichi(f): 11:41am On Dec 29, 2012
Vikin: Nice one!

I love my space, when hubby goes offshore, I have 4 weeks to myself to do whatever I want, wake up anytime, eat junk etc....I can't ask for more. When he comes home, it's like the relationship just started. I also love going for a trip outside my residence.....

You can never ask for more... cheesy
Good 4 u dear
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Subtext: 11:49am On Dec 29, 2012
Vikin: Nice one!

I love my space, when hubby goes offshore, I have 4 weeks to myself to do whatever I want, wake up anytime, eat junk etc....I can't ask for more. When he comes home, it's like the relationship just started. I also love going for a trip outside my residence.....

You can never ask for more... cheesy

Hmm I feel you jare. If i were a lady i'd be envious especially with all the money he brings back too. wink Just know that things can always change sha and at that time you'll need to adapt/adjust.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by vanstanzy(m): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
ogugua88:

I'm not a satanist.

As you dey suffocate me now, make I go find personal space. Lol.

cool cool cool
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2012
^To all: Yeah, what a struggle. Some of us need some crowding before asking for SPACE!
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by ohzee(f): 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
Space is important in marriage but should be only occasional. Every woman should have a few minutes to unwind before going to bed. However separate rooms is a no no! Not even for putting your stuff. But if you must have one, make sure there is no bed in it. It's always so tempting to sleep alone after a quarrel. Unfortunately, it only widens the gap in the marriage. It's better to sleep on the same bed with your backs turned. When you realize you are no longer enjoying your sleep you will be forced to make up.
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by smoothlips(m): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
Very true. The problem is girls see space as a sign of troubled relationship, they find it difficult to understand why you need a little personal space in a relationship. I believe every relationship is like a small flame, you fan it and allow it to breath(if u keep fanning d small flame u will kill d fire)
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by smoothlips(m): 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2012
Duke_Nija: @CFC
Lol @ the price of Alomo bitters.
Nothing guarantees anything.
Not Space nor 'Choking'

A Marriage will succeed or Fail if it will.
Its the players d@ matter most.

Couples will definitely get their alone time. So asking for space is down right repugnant. All these divorcees in the making sef!! angry
na waaah for u oooh! I knw say ur type no go gree give space..u resemble person wey go even dey check ur partners phone log and SMS inbox,twitter acct and facebook comments
Re: Personal Space Makes A Relationship Last by badezu: 1:57am On Dec 30, 2012
she-blayze:
The spacing thingy is well thought of. Once in a while we all need a vacation from everything, including friends, family and work. One simple solution to boredom in marriage is rebranding. If wifey is busy tryina upgrade in her career and hubby(husband)is doing same, the result might be 2-sided. Either the "getting a space" thingy is achieved and life gets more exciting, Or couple gets torn apart. It happens everyday, I mean, suddenly hubby or wifey wakes up and say "we used to do stuff together, but now we're like strangers to eachother". You know what the next thing is! "divorce". Methink that, whoever you wanna get married to should be someone who will give you all the PEACE you want. And that can only come from someone who understands you perfectly well.
[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies.. How Good Do You Look When Naked (photos) / Ladies: How Long Before You Accept A Wooing Guy? / Na Wa For Men Ooooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.