Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. (10051 Views)

Yoruba Will Not Like This (pic) / Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / Why Yoruba Will Never Support Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by jason123: 2:08pm On Jan 06, 2013
I can drop my last kobo. The so-called non-indigene that wants to be the Governor of Lagos state is of Igbo origin. Why is it that of all ethnic groups in Lagos state, it is only the Igbos that are agitating for this??

Get2go, go back to wherever state you came from. Leave Lagos alone. I am not a Lagos indigene but I'll not cause trouble in Lagos state. Just because I live there, does not mean I'll start dragging politics with the indigenes. Jos will be child's play compared to Lagos.

The time for a non-indigene governor (probably an Edo undecided like Segun Aganga) will come but certainly not now! NDIGBO, LEARN TO LIVE IN PEACE WITH YOUR HOST!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by aljharem(m): 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2013
Table Leg :
I dont care who becomes the next governor as long as whoever it is carries on with the good work

gbam
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by jason123: 2:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
Get2go: THAT'S NOT THE THEORY OF CHANGE. NON-INDIGENOUS LAGOS GOVERNOR 2015: THE CHANGE IS NOW

Stop wasting your time. You wouldn't get deputy Governor, not to talk of Governor. Any party that presents an Igbo man (either as DG or Governor) will lose Lagos. You've heard it here first!

The only non-indigenes that have a chance are probably Edos or Itsekiris men, even at that, their chances are still very slim.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Jaideyone(m): 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
Seriously these Ibhoes are funny.
Imagine ezepromo saying they own lagos? lmao what a clown. at least 60% of civil servants in lagos are yorubas. At least 50% of serivce providers (mechanics, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, shoe makers and co) in Lagos are yorubas. How many of those women selling fish, pepper, yam, etc in the market are Igbos? Less than 30% if u want to be truthful. Igbos own less than 50% of the private businesses, companies and SMEs( spare part dealers, car dealers, oil companies, factories, super markets, pharmacies, etc) in lagos.

Mr eze promo please tell me how you Ibhoes own Lagos grin I'm waiting for you to come and amuse me. Please don't disappoint.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by ikeyman00(m): 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
eko ile
Rubbish. Instead of Lagos, next time use Abia or whatever you call it..

You people eat, sleep and dream Yoruba, you wish you are Yoruba, you wish God made you Yoruba.

alj harem

there is one thing that really irritates me. How can you say that ? LOL I have to agree with Shollyepop here after reading that crap
^^^^^^ and the above quote wouldnt irritate u abi?

by their name we know dem lipsrsealed

one sided cow
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Gbawe: 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
odogwu-x:

Well said. I was actually agreeing with you on the obama thing. It may be obtainable for a foreigner to take huge positions in the US or UK because they've had ages to greatly advance their political structures but for a nation like ours[b] it really needs time to develop[/b].

Thank you my guy. Political sophistication will come to Nigeria even more slowly because we are unlucky with how events have panned out to make many Nigerians, whether they care to accept it or not, highly prejudiced people who make biased judgements regarding considerations (ethnicity, gender, religion et al) that are not such a big deal elsewhere.

You will see diasporans who should know better, via seeing their fellow Nigerian take political office in their diasporan Nations, come here to say Mr.X must never govern Lagos because he is not Awori despite the fact that Mr.X may be more talented, more dedicated to Lagos and more beneficial to the State than most Aworis. Those are the sort of issues we are grappling with that indicate Nigeria still has a long way to go.

To be honest, I hanker for the systems I see working well elsewhere to arrive in Nigeria but I have pragmatically come to accept these things will "need time to develop" , as you state, watching how majority of Nigerians act, think and talk .

Without a doubt, Nigerians will become more sophisticated politically in the future to the extent ethnic origin will matter less regarding individuals gaining political positions on merit but that time is still far away in future
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Get2go: 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
jason123:

Stop wasting your time. You wouldn't get deputy Governor, not to talk of Governor. Any party that presents an Igbo man (either as DG or Governor) will lose Lagos. You've heard it here first!

The only non-indigenes that have a chance are probably Edos or Itsekiris men, even at that, their chances are still very slim.
LAGOS GOVERNOR WILL BE ELECTED BY LAGOSIAN residing in LGA'S in LAGOS territory. If EDO or ITSEKIRI can present a popular candidate that's the way to go. WE ARE LAGOSIANS.. YES WE CAN!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2013
just ban me cos I'll keep on replying!! As far as his comment is up there, I'm replying!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
sholypopz: just ban me cos I'll keep on replying!! As far as his comment is up there, I'm replying!!
Read his comment again and tell me what's wrong with it? You can relay his post without insulting and being tribalistic.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
Jaidey-one:
lol i've learnt to just let those clowns rant while i have a good laugh. There's no need to be irritated

My sentiments, exactly! I remember how the ibos used to state the same thing about Abuja, kano and other major northern cities by virtue of

their population size, huge investiments and years of domiciliary but i suppose the recent activities of Boko haram (in the north) has put paid to such

ridiculous asertions by my brothers, east of the river niger. I guess, this was the reason why the sardunna enacted the northernization policy of the 60's (and

hence he had to die in the 1st national(sic) revolution spearheaded by the ibos). Its quite evident that both the sardunna and akintola (he too was murdered by

the ibos) were vindicated in their suspicion about the ibos- give them an inch and they will end up claiming your ancestral land as theirs. We are not ONE

nigeria, have never been ONE nigeria and will never be ONE nigeria.............not in a million years of sunday.

In as much as i know that such "evolution" will never occur in the northern part of the country then i have no reason to fret that it will somehow transpire in

my region. Anything else is just that -ranting of a clown!!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EzePromoe: 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
Jaidey-one:
Seriously these Ibhoes are funny.
Imagine ezepromo saying they own lagos? lmao what a clown. at least 60% of civil servants in lagos are yorubas. At least 50% of serivce providers (mechanics, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, shoe makers and co) in Lagos are yorubas. How many of those women selling fish, pepper, yam, etc in the market are Igbos? Less than 30% if u want to be truthful. Igbos own less than 50% of the private businesses, companies and SMEs( spare part dealers, car dealers, oil companies, factories, super markets, pharmacies, etc) in lagos.

Mr eze promo please tell me how you Ibhoes own Lagos grin I'm waiting for you to come and amuse me. Please don't disappoint.
I never said Lagos belongs to the Igbos, read my post again. I said what Lagos is today is as the result of the hardwork of all Nigerians not only Yorubas and that's why the Yorubas can never ever dream not to talk of chasing all non indigenes out of Lagos. Fashola made an attempt but he can now see that the matter don pass am cheesy
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EzePromoe: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2013
sholypopz: just ban me cos I'll keep on replying!! As far as his comment is up there, I'm replying!!
What happened to Shollypopz? grin
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
I never said Lagos belongs to the Igbos, read my post again. I said what Lagos is today is as the result of the hardwork of all Nigerians not only Yorubas and that's why the Yorubas can never ever dream not to talk of chasing all non indigenes out of Lagos. Fashola made an attempt but he can now see that the matter don pass am cheesy

let's get something straight here, yorubas don't have problem with non-indigenes in Lagos but they have had enough of you ibo ingrates who

have nothing good to say about us except trying to appropriate our land under one pretext or the other. Zik started the ball rolling in the 40's.

Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by OAM4J: 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gbawe:

I believe a non-Yoruba will be governor of Lagos in the end but that will happen when evolution makes that possible. When I mentioned Obama, I mean that a young man of Nigerian origin is being touted as able to achieve in the UK what Obama has achieved in the US. All this because attitudes has changed and evolution has taken care of things to ensure many now view Umunna as equal to them instead of insisting , as we see here, he is 'less entitled'. Obama, whatever the crisis the Nation was facing, could not have been President of the USA in 1960 America.

I would encourage anyone who truly loves Lagos , wherever they are from, to actively become involved in its politics. The journey of a thousand miles must begin somewhere and we will someday get to a situation where trusted Individuals many Lagosians believe have the utmost interest of the State at heart, whatever their origin, can become Governor. That time is not 2015 and may not even be upon us in the next 2 decades.

Well said. If the goal is to govern for the betterment of Lagos, then he or she is welcome but I dont see that happening in 2015 cos right now, I dont know of any non Yoruba man/woman that can be trusted without any suspicion to govern Lagos at this time.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
OAM4J:

Well said. If the goal is to govern for the betterment of Lagos, then he or she is welcome but I dont see that happening in 2015 cos right now, I dont know of any non Yoruba man/woman that can be trusted without any suspicion to govern Lagos at this time.
It has absolutely nothing to do with trust else Tinubu and Fashola wouldn't appoint non-Lagosians into his cabinet. There's no law that's stopping anyone fro anywhere from contesting to be governor of Lagos, afterall a non-lagosian contested against Fashola in 2007.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Ngwakwe: 3:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
OAM4J:

+1000 likes

Let the discussion continue.

Such a person should defend such suspicion citing his track records and involvements in working for the masses without bias to his ethnicity.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 06, 2013
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by T9ksy(m): 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
Of course there is no law that states that a non-indigene cannot contest for governorship in Lagos or anywhere else in the coutry. The

question though is, will the indigenes be trustful enough to vote for him or her?
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Afam4eva(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
T9ksy: Of course there is no law that states that a non-indigene cannot contest for governorship in Lagos or anywhere else in the coutry. The

question though is, will the indigenes be trustful enough to vote for him or her?

Residents vote for a governor and not indigenes. The indigenes of Lagos are not even up to 10% of the population. I'm even just being generous.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2013
I asked Gbawe these questions, however, he's yet to provide any cogent answers... I'll pose the same questions to the myopic clowns on this thread as well...

Quote 1:
My point is that if it's not possible for someone like Chief Negro_ntns who has his ancestry in Lagos but was born and raised in Kano to contest for the governorship position of Kano, why should other people who're not from Lagos be vying to rule the place

Also, have you ever seen a Scot born and raised in London claim English ancestry?? Heck, Tony Blair is an English man born and raised in Scotland, did that change his English ancestry?? Despite being born and raised in Scotland, and also as a former British PM - Tony Blair still has no say in what goes on in Scotland... He's a non-entity over there!! It's the same thing everywhere in the world and all the pseudo-modernists need to start accepting that human beings are naturally territorial and that's the way it's going to be till the end of time...

Quote 2:
That's wishful thinking in a tribalised society... There's nothing "indolent" about doing right thing within the context in which it's done.. It only becomes problematic when pseudo-modern thinkers continue to preach their idealist theories to the choir just to suit their own personal interests... If that's what is attainable across the board - why should Lagos be singled out by pseudo-modern thinkers for their idealist fantasies??
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2013
After going through this thread, I've really come to appreciate military rule a lot more. It seems nigerians were more united under a military administration than they'll ever be in a civilian rule.A non yoruba - Buba Marwa was governor of Lagos for years, so were other administrators in other states. All states in Nigeria belong to the federal government- first, before the indigenes can lay a claim to them.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
that's why the Yorubas can never ever dream not to talk of chasing all non indigenes out of Lagos. Fashola made an attempt but he can now see that the matter don pass am cheesy
What if the country breaks into different regions, then they won't even need to chase you... The country has never being one, just pash pash by the colonial masters.

The funny aspect of it is that an average grassroot southwesterner i.e our everyday market woman/iyalojas and agberos/ area boyz think all South easterners are called uche and northerners sani. I wonder how a non Yoruba would successfully sell his/herself to the grassroots for them to vote for him or her.
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
Nigeria isn't America and no matter the political sophistication, the people will always be territorial, end of... If it's the same all over the world(except America, Australia, New Zealand and other Immigrant countries), why should Lagos be different?? That's like a non-Nigerian trying to rule Nigeria - it's never going to happen!!!
Re: Lagos 2015: Non-Yoruba Will Be Governor. by EzePromoe: 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
T9ksy:

let's get something straight here, yorubas don't have problem with non-indigenes in Lagos but they have had enough of you ibo ingrates who

have nothing good to say about us except trying to appropriate our land under one pretext or the other. Zik started the ball rolling in the 40's.

My brother, you see, talk is cheap, action speaks louder than voice. Lagos does not belong to the Yorubas, it belongs to Nigerians. If you're fed up by the Igbos you see in Lagos, what stops you from acting ASAP?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sheriff: I Was Wrongly Accused Of Sponsoring Boko Haram.. / 2019: President Buhari Will Not Disappoint Nigerians - APC / 2023 Election: Aggrieved APC, PDP Leaders Set To Launch New Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.