Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee (13242 Views)

PDP Releases List Of Key Members Allegedly Marked For Death By APC / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 8:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
People today celebrate or at least recognize what Oshiomhole is doing in Edo State, but little do people know that His emergence as governor of the state was as a result of merger of parties and political like-minds who felt it was time to wrestle the state from the hands of Anenih and PDP.

I hope this merger works and a strong personality is given the ticket to run for Presidency. I am not a fan of El Rufai, but a ticket of El Rufai and Fashola will flush GEJ and His gang of thieves (including the 40 laptop gang) out of the landscape! Yes there will be compromise at the center, but Nigerians will get a leadership who will be responsive knowing that any backpedaling will give room to PDP to come in through the back door.

[size=18pt]I propose the name of the new party to be[/size] [size=28pt]CNPPC[/size]: [size=22pt]Congress of Nigeria Progressive Parties for Change[/size].

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by karlmax2: 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2013
asha 80:

i am suprised i did not see ararume's name on that least.
me too his also an Ac.n big wig that wants to liberate us from PDP! LOL
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by ajahezeki: 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
What we need is not merging or joining but character change, I mean real and sincere change. I mean a change not based on sentiment, selfish interest or ambition. A real change not based on thirst for leadership. And that change does not come by force or crisis or destruction of lives and properties. That change must borne out of compassion and love for all Nigerians not minding their tribe, tongue, region, religion etc. It must be a people oriented change.
Smiles
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 8:52pm On Jan 20, 2013
asha 80:

i am suprised i did not see ararume's name on that least.

I wonder. He is in ACN as well. former PDP stalwart. He is busy running his exclusive supermarket in Abuja.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 8:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
ajah ezeki: What we need is not merging or joining but character change, I mean real and sincere change. I mean a change not based on sentiment, selfish interest or ambition. A real change not based on thirst for leadership. And that change does not come by force or crisis or destruction of lives and properties. That change must borne out of compassion and love for all Nigerians not minding their tribe, tongue, region, religion etc. It must be a people oriented change.
Smiles
Change do not happen by chance, men with God and nature make them happen! Sitting and wishing for change to happen equals status quo!

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 8:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1: People today celebrate or at least recognize what Oshiomhole is doing in Edo State, but little do people know that His emergence as governor of the state was as a result of merger of parties and political like-minds who felt it was time to wrestle the state from the hands of Anenih and PDP.

I hope this merger works and a strong personality is given the ticket to run for Presidency. I am not a fan of El Rufai, but a ticket of El Rufai and Fashola will flush GEJ and His gang of thieves (including the 40 laptop gang) out of the landscape! Yes there will be compromise at the center, but Nigerians will get a leadership who will be responsive knowing that any backpedaling will give room to PDP to come in through the back door.

[size=18pt]I propose the name of the new party to be[/size] [size=28pt]CNPPC[/size]: [size=22pt]Congress of Nigeria Progressive Parties for Change[/size].

You must be a joker. El rufai? The same el Rufai? ex PDP looter? Lwkmd
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by JamesLucia: 8:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
a lot of people do not like innovations because of fear of the unforseen. we have to give them chance if it works good if it doesnt good we r use to it. i think what pdp needs is a strong opposition party. one party system is bad.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

I wonder. He is in ACN as well. former PDP stalwart. He is busy running his exclusive supermarket in Abuja.
What you fail to realize is that post 2003 after Obasanjo money bag election, most politicians were lured into PDP and got trapped in PDP without necessarily buying into the ideals of PDP!
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
What you fail to realize is that post 2003 after Obasanjo money bag election, most politicians were lured into PDP and got trapped in PDP without necessarily buying into the ideals of PDP!

and your point is? they can be easily lured back with money. I get your point.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

You must be a joker. El rufai? The same el Rufai? ex PDP looter? Lwkmd
Going by what He did in Abuja, which all FCT ministers after Him have struggled to grasp, He will make for a President or VP. We need people who understand Nigeria in its totality. Fashola is doing so well in Lagos because that man understand Lagos inside out! Listen to him talk about Nigeria gives you the same impression. We need individuals who have a mind of their own that can think rationally, take decisions and stick by it! El Rufai, Fashola and Oshiomhole comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by asha80(m): 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

errrr.. we are talking about someone from my state i know very well who has always been in pdp right from 1999 till he left after 2007 because of governorship elections imbroglio in the state.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Going by what He did in Abuja, which all FCT ministers after Him have struggled to grasp, He will make for a President or VP. We need people who understand Nigeria in its totality. Fashola is doing so well in Lagos because that man understand Lagos inside out! Listen to him talk about Nigeria gives you the same impression. We need individuals who have a mind of their own that can think rationally, take decisions and stick by it! El Rufai, Fashola and Oshiomhole comes to mind.

Really. The same El rufai who said Buhari is not electable. Now touts Buhari as presidential material. He sticks by his words for real.

“While it is true that neither youth nor age supplies wisdom on their own, it makes sense to ask those who have been recurring decimals in our country’s sorry history to leave the stage. I’m amazed that General Buhari cannot debate this matter without scurrying to the gutter, making claims that are baseless and unsupported by any facts,” said Mr. El-Rufai, describing Mr. Buhari’s leadership style as parochial and insensitive to Nigeria’s diverse background.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

and your point is?
Simply put, just because they have been members of PDP in the past does not mean they cannot offer Nigeria true leadership! Pastor Ize-Iyamu in Edo state under lucky was seen as an underground monster. But with His emergence in ACN, where He met other minds whos views of politics was different to what He was used to in PDP, He has contributed significantly to Oshiomhole's doings in Edo State so far.

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Maxymilliano(m): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
Gbawe: Good move. They should get the merger formally concluded ASAP and move on to the more difficult task of mobilising at the grass-root level. They don't have as much time as they think they do. No single Party can defeat the PDP . With this in mind, the merging Parties must move with haste.

Glad that you could agree that no single party can defeat the PDP, that's why I said in my earlier post that it is PDP against the rest.

But even at that, have you taken time to look at the compositions from the various parties? Apart from some few credible personality, is it not the same Tom Ikimi, the Chairman of NRC during the aborted 3rd Republic that is on the list and other known rogues?

Jonathan won the last Presidential election, not because he was the best among the lots, but he was seeing as a lesser evil, you'll be living in denial if you assumed such sentiments to be a thing of the past.

What I'm saying in essence is that the end product of the merger matters a lot, and with the present coloration of the political firmament as far as the merger is concern, I still don't see any silver lining yet...

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
asha 80:

errrr.. we are talking about someone from my state i know very well who has always been in pdp right from 1999 till he left after 2007 because of governorship elections imbroglio in the state.
It does not matter! I gave you an example of Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu who was SSG under the disgraced former governor, Lucky Igbinedion in PDP but since He joined ACN, He has been instrumental to Oshiomhole's donigs in Edo State. Who would have thought today Ihonvebre would be Oshiomhole's SSG? This was a man who worked tirelessly to ensure ACN was not on ground in Edo State, but today, He is working with Oshiomhole and they are making Edo State to continue to work!

Having a merger where Nigerians are the watchmen to checkmate the politicians with their votes will ensure true development takes place in every corner of the country.

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
Sometime,people on dis nairaland reason like an illitrate.lets 4get all dis fools dat want to us to drive dia ends,i bet u de might be d worst.d devil u knw is better dan d angel u dont knw.let us be wise 4 once.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Tmum: 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Something tells me this whole idea will not work
wetin b ur own....bad belle
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

Really. The same El rufai who said Buhari is not electable. Now touts Buhari as presidential material. He sticks by his words for real.

“While it is true that neither youth nor age supplies wisdom on their own, it makes sense to ask those who have been recurring decimals in our country’s sorry history to leave the stage. I’m amazed that General Buhari cannot debate this matter without scurrying to the gutter, making claims that are baseless and unsupported by any facts,” said Mr. El-Rufai, describing Mr. Buhari’s leadership style as parochial and insensitive to Nigeria’s diverse background.

Please lets not derail this thread, as this is not a discussion about Buhari's eligibility for President nor is it about El-Rufai per say.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
Most of these ex PDP in ACN defected because they lost primaries under PDP, or lost relevance completely, hence they want to remain relevant and they defect to ACN. Not because they want to make a difference, but because they want to remain relevant, hence, they are still PDP in heart, but ACN on the surface. check them out and you will see what I mean, they defected not based on ideology, but just to find a platform to remain relevant on.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Please lets not derail this thread, as this is not a discussion about Buhari's eligibility for President nor is it about El-Rufai per say.

You said you want people who sticks to their decisions and ultimately their words, and I just proved you wrong about El Rufai. Period.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
Fisherman.com:
Sometime,people on dis nairaland reason like an illitrate.lets 4get all dis fools dat want to us to drive dia ends,i bet u de might be d worst.d devil u knw is better dan d angel u dont knw.let us be wise 4 once.

Sounds like the words of a man who has condemned Himself to fate and wishing the lucky stars will smile on them! There is no better time to get the useless PDP led government out of the center than now! I merger that would make that happen is most welcomed.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by talkmarkay(m): 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
Uhnnnnn.........

Initially it was vote for PDP but during 2011 election it was Goodluck not PDP.

Now all the political parties is evil.
So we should maintain the PDP and the country keep depleting.

while cant we embrace changes and see how the country is going to look like

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
talkmarkay: Uhnnnnn.........

Initially it was vote for PDP but during 2011 election it was Goodluck not PDP.

Now all the political parties is evil.
So we should maintain the PDP and the country keep depleting.

while cant we embrace changes and see how the country is going to look like

What we are saying is, this is the same bunch being recycled. Nothing else. Nothing new.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

You said you want people who sticks to their decisions and ultimately their words, and I just proved you wrong about El Rufai. Period.
Don't act too cleverly by twisting my words. I repeat, we need men who can think rationally, take decisions and stick by it! When I think of these three men, El-Rufai, Raji Fashola, Adams Oshiomhole, I see one thing common with them; THEY THINK RATIONALLY, TAKE DECISIONS AND STICK BY IT!
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by seanet01: 9:22pm On Jan 20, 2013
PDP dey fear
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OkwaIfugo(m): 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ikengawo: Recruiting bastards and thieves like Udenwa and Ngige aren't my cup of tea, but this should be interesting

I never wanted to reply here buy you made me to. If you know what Ngige did in Anambra State, You won't be saying this. Always think and reason twice before you talk. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

What we are saying is, this is the same bunch being recycled. Nothing else. Nothing new.
The same bunch are delivering in Lagos, in Edo, in Ogun etc. Or are these now ACN members delivering in these states not ex-PDP? Politicians know that when the people are up in arms with their votes and are ready to make sure they determine who governs them through their votes, they politicians will do what it takes to make sure they earn the people's trust and votes!

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Don't act too cleverly by twisting my words. I repeat, we need men who can think rationally, take decisions and stick by it! When I think of these three men, El-Rufai, Raji Fashola, Adams Oshiomhole, I see one thing common with them; THEY THINK RATIONALLY, TAKE DECISIONS AND STICK BY IT!

How have I twisted your words? I gave you a simple example of El rufai who took a decision back in time on Buhari and fails to stick by it but now turns around to tout Buhari for president, even after condemning him as un electable.

Take it the way you want it, not here to argue with anyone.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

How have I twisted your words? I gave you a simple example of El rufai who took a decision back in time on Buhari and fails to stick by it but now turns around to tout Buhari for president, even after condemning him as un electable.

He made a statement, and that is Politics for you. Can you give me an example in governance where He made a decision so adverse that He reneged on it in the face of unreasonable criticism?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

The fact remains that El-Rufai like Ribadu, Oshiohomle, Fashola are individuals who can smartly play on the old bags and still deliver for the people! What you also fail to take into account is that the center is so huge that you can silence of the old bags by giving them a contract, put them in spot light and make sure they deliver to the people. Obasanjo did just that with so many of the old bags that today they can barely show their face in national politics and talk about performance and delivering!

For all I care, I want PDP and GEJ out of the center and replace it a party that have people who knows what development truly means! I know some "don't give a damn" but I do!

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by asha80(m): 9:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
The fact remains that El-Rufai like Ribadu, Oshiohomle, Fashola are individuals who can smartly play on the old bags and still deliver for the people! What you also fail to take into account is that the center is so huge that you can silence of the old bags by giving them a contract, put them in spot light and make sure they deliver to the people. Obasanjo did just that with so many of the old bags that today they can barely show their face in national politics and talk about performance and delivering!

For all I care, I want PDP and GEJ out of the center and replace it a party that have people who knows what development truly means!
I know some "don't give a damn" but I do!

how i wish imo state got that kind of 'development' under udenwa lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NIMC Registers Over 14m Nigerians In Database / In Defense Of Abba Kyari By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat / Why We Impeached Ondo Speaker, Deputy – Fatai Olotu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.